Was this feud based or cringe?

what did you think of their trilogy of matches of Wrestlemania-Backlash-Vengeance?

Attached: maxresdefault - 2019-08-04T131346.069.jpg (1280x720, 222K)

I liked it.

Attached: 1564944207754.jpg (900x600, 155K)

The Hell in a Cell match was pretty good. Lemmy forgetting the lyrics to Haitch's theme at Mania was also funny as fuck.

Always thought Haitch should’ve won at Backlash after all but getting squashed at Mania. Via heel tactics of course. Then Batista could’ve had his win back at Vengeance and ended the feud. Him having 3 wins over the top heel kinda felt like he was another Cena. I liked him more than Cena anyhow.

>Always thought Haitch should’ve won at Backlash
I think that would've killed Batista's heat. He was white hot after Mania and the wins against Haitch solidified him as a new top star.

>Him having 3 wins over the top heel kinda felt like he was another Cena
Nah that was much too early to call him another Cena as Super Cena hadn't even become Super Cena by then.

The feud was retreading HHH/Orton, but the difference being Batista going over whereas Orton being buried.

Attached: 18892394823.jpg (1200x675, 99K)

Not too early at all. Cena was majorly pushed since his hot run at the end of ‘03 and his first US title win at Mania 20. He got a year head start on Batista in that regard. He only lost the title due to kayfabe stabbings and JBL’s shenanigans. I disagree about Batista losing heat, he would’ve had to wait a month to get his revenge. If anything it would’ve made him more sympathetic to the crowd after his Mania triumph. But whatever. He and Cena started to get on people’s nerves as their Superman runs went on.

I wonder why Haitch was willing to put Batista over multiple times but not Orton

>Not too early at all. Cena was majorly pushed since his hot run at the end of ‘03 and his first US title win at Mania 20
Yes but that was all organic. He got over with the crowd naturally which is why he had such a big push at that point. I'd argue it was all organic right up until he got drafted Raw it wasn't til then that the Super Cena shit got started and grated on people's nerves. It was around late 2005 that Cena was started to get booed on a somewhat consistent basis

>I disagree about Batista losing heat, he would’ve had to wait a month to get his revenge
It's all subjective obviously but I don't think trading wins with Haitch would've been wise. People were quite happy to see him lose the title after his reign of terror and I think it would've turned people off to see him win it back merely one PPV after losing it even if it would've been temporary. Losing the trilogy cemented Batista as a star after years of Haitch going over on people. It kinda let people know that this is the new guy. The matches were pretty close too their Vengeance match in particular was booked so it could've gone both ways right down to the finish.

>HAVE HIM DESTROY THE KING OF KINGS AND 1000 TIMES WORLD CHAMPION
>ship him to the bush leagues where he fizzles out and gets injured six months later
It was a shit feud that made the Cena vs Batista feud better.

Batista would've gotten injured regardless but he had a decent run on Smackdown. His matches against Undertaker was great

Last good WWE story.

Phil's pipebomb story was the last good story

Killed the business for good, Karl Gotch would've cringed to death. Imagine unironically watch Phil "lead in his ass" Brooks wrestle.

>opps I'm breaking the fourth wall
cringe Russo tier promo. I miss when the smarks were in the stands not the ring brother

How come Gaytch had no problem jobbing to Batista 3 ppvs in a row, but refused to do the same for The Rock 5 years earlier? (WM 16, Backlash, & Judgment Day)

I wonder the same thing myself. He went above and beyond putting over Batista but went over on so many other guys like Orton, Lesnar, Booker, Sheamus, etc. I guess Haitch and Batista are just really close.

>How come Gaytch had no problem jobbing to Batista 3 ppvs in a row, but refused to do the same for The Rock 5 years earlier? (WM 16, Backlash, & Judgment Day)

Batista was his buddy and protege, Rock was simply better than H.

Kino

based

Because Cunter demanded to bury Rocky and he (Rock) never gave a shit about wins and loses because at the end of the day it was nothing more than a regular job in his eyes.

>40+ year olds feuding

Always cringe

They were in their 30s at the time

It was Kino

It marked the end of the reign of terror, so it was based

based

Last good Wrestlemania main event