Remember when the tag team divison was based and one of the best parts of the show?

Remember when the tag team divison was based and one of the best parts of the show?

Attached: 83f40-15379698058112-800.jpg (800x421, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tKSOtV_q47E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah a couple years later in 2002 smackdown

Tag team division has never been able to live up to this era. Glad I was able to experience it in person.

It was the show, I didn't really watch WWF/E for the main events those days.

Edge & Christian
APA
Hardy Boyz
Dudley Boys
Too Cool

Attached: Acolytes_Protection_Agency_(promo_pic).jpg (352x245, 23K)

>WWE
>tag divison
>based
>ever

t. zoomer

how did Bradshaw go from underground wifebeater to gay cowboy?

Mostly due to the fact that Vince hates tag team wrestling. WWE has had good teams the past few years. They just never do anything with them now.

It was Christian & Edge.

Attached: 2000_09_24_Unforgiven_205.jpg (1000x768, 134K)

wasn’t it Christian Cage and Edge and later Christian and Edge before WWE?

Sorry zoomer, but if you want tag team wrestling you watch the territories, not Vince's traveling circus

Christian's indie name was Christian Cage. Edge's indie name was Sexton Hardcastle.

Less the fact that they do nothing with more of that they keep making them look like fucking geeks
youtu.be/tKSOtV_q47E

>Sexton Hardcastle
Based

Rock and Sock Connection
New Age Outlaws
Headbangers
X-Pac & Kane
T&A
The Brood
Val Venis & Godfather
Jarrett & Owen
Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlie

The Uso penitentiary gimmick was based. Only time I found them interesting. Now they are just some shitty New Day knockoff.

For me, it was MNM

Not really. Even during that period matches were 6-7 minutes, tag team wrestlers were jobbed out to the main eventers and apart from the 3 teams, rest were pretty bad.

>Even during that period matches were 6-7 minutes
And?

I could have sworn it was always Christian and Edge and it didn't flip until after they split. I know it was like that back in the Berenstein in universe.

Lmao, now its just Usos and Nigger day winning everything for the past 3 years. I seriously couldnt give 2 shits about tag division, all teams are fed to those 2 teams i mentioned. No credibility, no build ups cause Vince doesnt let new guys talk, nigger day same promo for 6 years and stupid fucking murricans eat from their hand and Usos gimmick is literally to be niggers and not island niggers, which is ironic, other one cant cut a promo even if his life depended on it and the other cant cut down on the liqour and ends up really living his gimmick

tldr; Everyone fed to nigger day and Usos which are stale as shit, and the other team in trouble due drunk shit

In these days nobody wants to be in a tag team because they want to perform in singles and get better exposure

In those years i would say that the tag belt was more prestigious than the intercontinental belt even

Attached: gghjj.png (1292x728, 1.07M)

>Armageddon 2002 fatal 4 way tag match
>BookDust
>Jericho & Christian
>Dudleys
>Lance Storm & Regal
Raw had some fun tag teams during that time as well. The tag and women stuff carried Raw at the time

They were allowed to have divisions back then. Now it's "one team vs. one team" for eternity.

I'm not saying things aren't worse, I'm just saying that the golden age wasn't as golden as people want to remember. Tag team wrestling wasn't properly appreciated even then.

ALWAYS POUNDING ASS (no homo).

My uncle and a friend of his went to that ppv. He said Booker & Goldust winning the tag titles, Angle winning the wwe title, and the Torrie/Dawn skit were the only memorable things.

Not really, 6-7 mins was considered short a lot of the time and many tag bouts would hit the 12-14 min mark. Plus, watch an old match and compare it to now, attitude matches were much more fast paced and had more impact. You could take five minutes of a current era match and get the same thing from a minute and a half of an attitude match.

Pre-Attitude Era was better

>Road Warriors
>Hart Foundation
>Rockers
>Brainbusters
>Steiners
>Samoans
>British Bulldogs
>Harlem Heat
>Sting & Luger

What? Tag teams during that era were a major draw, they even had PPV gimmicks that revolves around them lmfao dumb zoomer

nah
there are literal PPV's named out of tribute to the matches the Attitude Era tag teams had

>Tag team wrestling wasn't properly appreciated even then.
what the fuck are you even talking about, zoomer?

during that time, all that my friends gave a shit about where Hardy Boyz, E&C, Dudley Boyz, and Too Cool. For our age group, they were THE most over part of the show and for back-to-back Mania parties the only match we gave a shit about was the Triangle Ladder match & the TLC match at 17. I'm not saying the tag division was the draw, but you're retarded if you don't think people cared about it back then. Rock & Austin drew fans in, and more nights than not the tag division was the stuff that made the "WOW" impression.

Ever wondered why that a lot of the people who are now players in WWE/AEW etc always are always talking about their major influences
>Hardy's
>Ladders
>Edge & Christian
>Dudleys
>Tables
>Made me want to do it
Frankly, you can thank the Attitude Era tag division for there being so many marks in the ring

It was Edge & Christian but funny enough I watched their ladder match with the Hardy's last night from No Mercy 99' and the announcer said Christian & Edge. It just didn't sound right.

>the territories
Who are they old man? Go back to the retirement home you need your daily back massage you fucking cripple

Based?
Best parts of the show?
Pick one

Why does Vince hates the tag team division so much? I keep hearing but I can't see why he would hate it.

Sure do.

Road Warriors
Fabulous Freebirds
Midnight Express
Rock and Roll Express
Varsity Club
Powers of Pain
Anderson & Blanchard
Ivan & Nikita Koloff
Steiner Brothers
Lex Luger & Barry Windam

>Attitude Era BTFO

Attached: 42.jpg (477x355, 22K)

sure do
>Outsiders
>Steiners
>Nasty Boys
>Harlem Heat
>Public Enemy
>High Voltage
>Faces of Fear
>Sting/Luger

Attached: tumblr_mhx1jrOhJl1rkf4k0o1_1280.jpg (642x722, 517K)

They set the bar way too high, i don't see it ever being surpassed