CM Punk SHOOTS on AEW business practices

espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/27250624/the-future-filled-everything-wrestling-cm-punk

"I always think if somebody wants to do business with me, they can come talk to me. Texting offers isn't really a way to do good business, at least."

"The last thing I got -- I got a text from Cody [Rhodes]. And again, I almost don't even know how to reply to them sometimes, because if I reply, they do interviews and are like, "Oh yeah, I just talked to Punk." I'm kind of damned if I do, damned if I don't."

"I know they like to talk about me a lot. If I text Matt Jackson, "Hey, have a great show tonight," which I did when they had their big show in Vegas, that somehow turns into Tony Khan telling people he has a great relationship with me. I've said in the past I've talked to them, but nothing ever came of anything."

Attached: Punk BTFO's Cody & Young Cucks.png%22I always think if somebody wants to do business with m (979x7626, 2.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cyPvD9C8TQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally can’t wait for him to show up at All Out. I’ve literally already made some memes about it.

nobody gives a fuck about you phill

you're a joke who exposed the business

>trying to use cuckman Phil to draw dimes

Fuck this simp, where are Enzo and Cass?

CM Punk is such a petty delusional douche in real life that I don't care to watch him anymore, even more so after he was tickleraped by that journalist

Wait wasnt punk with them at an actual fan meeting this year? And why had he been reading aew stuffs on his twitter and Instagram then?
Is the article weird or is this dude schizophrenic?..

Go back

Attached: reddit.png (420x85, 5K)

So he's appearing. Good to know.

CM Hart with the huge ego. Should have asked him if he plans to win a mma fight some day.

This sounds like a great angle to come back with.

Tony Khan is a genius.

Sounds like he left the door open for a WWE return. AEWtists seething.

Take your own advice faggot

>By the end of 2019 will CM Punk be involved with pro wrestling
>I doubt it

Daily reminder WWE is not pro wrestling but sports entertainment.

He's 100% appearing. This comes across as him calling Cody out for a small offer that will now get multiplied immediately. Khan's been trying to get him for his fed since before the Elite goons even got on board so he'll use all of daddy's money he can get.

this is a work

Yikes

>main event ends
>Elite giving their 'goodbye & goodnight* speech
>lights go OUT
>crowd chants "CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK!!"
>lights come back on
>Elite are all knocked out
>Freight Train in ring, smiling, holding a beer
>crowd erupts
>credits roll
>'this.is.aew' logo

Enzo is never going to get work at AEW, he has the same problems Teddy Hart has: rape allegation and general attitude that clash with the culture AEW is selling and a general reputation for being a pain in the ass.

CM Phil and AJ lee will attack cody and brandi at the end of the show

Would mark

>I know they like to talk about me a lot

Attached: 1473573406183.jpg (493x298, 17K)

bring on the /smooth belly/ era

If UFC wanted to make money off of a CM Punk fight they need a guy to show up to a WWE show in Chicago, come out to Punk's music, get that pop, get that heat and cut a promo about how he's gonna kick Punk's ass on the next UFC show. You build that the other guy is playing fake pro wrestler and Punk is taking it seriously.

there's no business left to expose faggot, if at this point you don't know all is fucking fake then I don't know what to tell you

Christ he's so embarrassing, it's hard to imagine people ever liked this guy. First thing I ever heard about him was getting his ass beat in UFC so I guess I'm kind of biased, but I can't understand how he ever won anyone over.

He's right.

A text isn't talking to someone.

He's right that Cody is an unprofessional zoomer-at-heart who just needs to literally call the fuckin guy and talk to him.

He's wrong in thinking that anyone cares about CM Punk in 2019 after two embarassing UFC losses.

>texting proposals
"Hy CM PUINK! just wondrn are u available fr aew cos ur draw *smile emoji* hop 2 hear back from u thx!"

Will he be the new kevin nash who got raped in AEW in 2020?

yawn. what a poseur

Why did you write out 'smile emoji'?

>current member of the UFC roster
literally what

That really is an absolutely terrible way to do business though jesus...
Cody is gonna have to learn that tweeting @CMPUNK and saying “hey bro wanna do a show *wink wink*” is not the same as sitting down and offering someone a deal. He’s running off the expectation that talent will come to HIM but that’s not gonna work in the long run

>niggas STILL obsessing with Phil pining for him to come back
Pathetic

Attached: abigcute.png (734x585, 647K)

Punk is so unlikable

it ain't right, Enzo with free reign on the mic is megadimes, would bury 90% of that roster in 5 minutes

AEW went from being in a matter of weeks, an upstart that was going to raid WWE for a ton of talent including AJ, DBry, The Revival, The Good Brothers, Rusev, and fucking maybe even No Way Jose, to an upstart that was going to sign deals with a ton of promotions from NJPW, ROH, Impact and Dragon Gate, to a company now trying to get a guy who hasnt wrestled in 5 years, got beat the fuck up twice in UFC, and looks like a crack head version of himself. As it stands this company got Mox, Jelly Janetty, a torso, a fag, a tranny, and Darby Anus. It got BTFO by Dragon Gate of all promotions. Depsite what Meltz keeps shilling like the jew he is NJPW doesnt want to work with them. Just the other day there was a thread praying that AEW would buy Impact and its library to have a streaming service for fucks sake. Khan got cucked by the Young Cucks who only want to sign their friends and not develop any talent unless you think grooming a 13 year forever jobber into a heel is "development". They shit the bed and years from now the Cucks are going to realize how bad they fucked this opportunity.

People have known it's fake since the 1920s, when bookies quit taking bets on it, and the newspapers said it was all fake.

But people still bought tickets, because the wrestlers had the common sense to "kayfabe", i.e., "be fake" all the time. It's about respecting the fans by keeping up the act full-time. Living the gimmick means you don't abuse the fans' suspension of disbelief. If you took any previous generation of wrestlers and gave them social media and the internet and youtube, they'd be pumping out legendary promos, working the internet, capturing headlines, and staying consistent and in-character. But today's wrestlers are marks for themselves. Everyone is a mark about something, but no one should be a self-mark, because you're only working yourself.

GOT DAMN this man gets it. It's not about "people know its fake". Of course they do. People know super hero movies are fake. They know reality tv is fake, but they tune in. And the people involved in those projects dont make it a point to constantly go around saying it is fake. I totally agree that these wrestlers today are missing a golden opportunity to work a shit ton of people without the need for tv time or on air promos. They could potentially bring so many more eyeballs to the product. Or at least awareness. But instead they are self marks who want to talk rigged chair shots and then release a video segment where the guy is trying to get his chairshot angle over. It's fucking paradoxal and retarded.

user, you're focusing on the rape allegations when you should be focusing on the fact that Enzo is fucking useless as a talent. Cass, too.

I could see him unfollowing and cutting all ties with the Bucks within a few days. He did the same thing with Swoggle over less.

Just so you know, this is really cringe.

Literally a faggot post made literally by a faggot

Yea it sucks when someone has an opinion dont agree with. Maybe open forums arent for you and you should just stay in locked basements

You can post all the opinions you want, doesn't keep 'em from being cringe.

>Punk: They do videos where they talk about me. They're constantly talking about me in the media. And again, maybe this sounds like I'm badgering them, but I'm not. It's just something that happens. I'm a popular guy to talk about. But I'm not doing interviews talking about them. If people ask me about it, I say no, I won't be there.

What? AEW doesn't talk about Punk unless they are asked about it. The same way Punk is talking about AEW now.

Punk's ego is out of control.

And you can keeping posting the word cringe but it doesnt mean you have an actual opinion at all

Confirmed AEW guys are assholes who take advantage of people.

My opinion is that you're trying to mask being blinded by nostalgia in some air of legitimacy about "Respecting the business" or "being a mark for yourself" is cringe, whether it's some shmuck from the 80s in a shoot video or some shmuck on a message board.

Why do you guys still like punk? How can delusion of this caliber be possible?

Attached: trips of niggerism.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>you're trying to mask being blinded by nostalgia
I'm not blinded by nostalgia. Im just not a jaded contrarian zoomer that thinks shouting "Its so obviously fake" makes me some high brow intellectual. Suspending disbelief is how you enjoy entertainment. Do you go to an Avengers movie and yell "That's so obviously a green screen! Chris Hemsworth cant fly"?

Attached: 64b9fc04-5102-4f1b-b9c8-70c7c67908f4.png (633x640, 814K)

just so you know, you're a faggot lol

>Do you go to an Avengers movie and yell "That's so obviously a green screen! Chris Hemsworth cant fly"?
Nope. And nobody worth caring about does the equivalent of that for wrestling, much as you've convinced yourself otherwise.

>And nobody worth caring about
I'm glad you agree you're not worth giving two shits about. Good talk

He's based for making e-drones seethe by walking out on their beloved company and telling daddy Vince to stick it

checks out

I understand and accept that you've decided to give up.

He took his ball and went home when he didnt want to be in a program with Haitch at Wrestlemania actually. Based Vince not giving a shit about skinny fat nasty tats

>walked out on the company before Gaytch could bury him
ding-dong diddly based

That's actually you. If you're so worked by people saying why kayfabe is important and STILL watching the program you must have given up not just on wrestling entertaining you but just about anything. Not only are you joyless faggot you unrionically think its a virtue. Way to botch at life.

Haitch was going to put him over. based Haitch had already buried him with the Kevin Nash angle, then beating him and walking back to the boardroom.

inform me about this cm punk/swoggle falling out

I enjoy wrestling a lot. You're the one that's ruining shit for yourself by going on about pointless garbage like exposing the business and pretending that guys are "abusing suspension of disbelief", which is a complete fantasy that you made up just so you have something to be mad at.

It's clearly a work. If you honestly think these guys only ever texted punk your off your rocker.

>brainlets who don't understand the balancing act between suspension of disbelief and puncturing it as Phil did

Read the thread. No one believes this isn’t a work

What does Punk expect? For them to run up on him with a folder with a contract in it? They text him to feel him out. He showed no interest so they moved on. Nobody is going to throw a detailed contract at a guy who hates wrestling. There's no point giving him an official offer.

>You're the one that's ruining shit for yourself
I dont know how you made the quantum leap of giving an opinion on why kayfabe is important and how it could be used to suddenly I dont like wrestling. There are plenty of guys in the business who get kayfabe and use it to their advantage. Stating more should do it doesnt mean all of wrestling is shit. Stating that kayfabe is a nostalgic dream shows you dont like actual wrestling and want some sort of faggotry. Which apparently AEW is ready to serve you up.

>nobody believes this!
>second post replying to me clearly believes it full stop

AEW's kayfabe and suspension of disbelief are fine. You're pretending that the guy's involved (and also Punk, I guess?) are going around screaming to the heavens about how fake everything they are is doing when that couldn't be further from the truth, just to give yourself a fake reason to hate them and pretend what they've done isn't "actual wrestling". You're a poser.

>AEW's kayfabe and suspension of disbelief are fine
That's your opinion. Glad you have one. Already stated some examples as how its not. The Young Cucks whole schtick is literally breaking kayfabe. So enjoy your show.

Dude why do you need someone to validate your opinion so badly? You obviously arent listening to what the guy is saying and only want to get your point across. For what? You sound like a fucking mark

What does he mean with texting anyway?

Sending contract offers via email for example is common practice in any majors sport and business.

What's App groups are also a common thing these days to communicate with your co-workers and the higher-ups.

Details can always be discussed face to face.

lmao they're so mad

Attached: Capture.jpg (585x192, 23K)

I fully expect a BTE skit on this next Monday.

lmao holy shit how desperate for stars is AEWWE?

BASED cm chump working me into doubt,is this a work or the aew people are really retarded and never offered something face to face???

>"I know they like to talk about me a lot. If I text Matt Jackson, "Hey, have a great show tonight," which I did when they had their big show in Vegas, that somehow turns into Tony Khan telling people he has a great relationship with me.

Kek, even Punk realises this is a mark business

So hangman vs cm punk at next ppv after all out

I need an MJF vs Punk promo battle in my life.

youtu.be/cyPvD9C8TQQ

I don't understand how Punk fighting, and losing, in MMA exposed the business or hurt kayfabe. Pro wrestlers are basically acrobats that bodybuild nowadays. Some do legit know shoot wrestling, but most don't. I don't see how anyone today could be under the impression that they're professional fighters (again, barring a few clear exceptions). And to use the superhero example you gave, no one legitimately thinks Chris Hemsworth or Chris Evans or Jason Momoa are professional fighters. They are actors that bodybuild. All three would get wrecked by an pro MMA fighter 50 pounds lighter. There's no expectation that action stars or pro wrestlers are also professional fighters.

"Straight edge, tell it like it is" but the "it" is his own projection of reality.
Punk is a simp where he thinks everyone is out to get him.
A Waffle House short order cook anywhere in the US has more sense, honor, and integrity than the "Straight-Edge Asshole" along with the vapid skank he is financially attached to.

There is no point trying to argue logically with these people about this.
Punk has been in Yea Forums's head rent free since day 1 and always will be. They are literally unable to talk rationally and maturely about him like adults because he has broken their collective brains.

Attached: MeanwhileOnAsp.jpg (1177x1057, 245K)

>unironically regurgitating Kevin Nash promos
holy cringe

>marks falling for this obvious work to mislead people into thinking Punk won't be in AEW

Yeah, i'm thinking Punk is going ALL OUT.

Attached: 20190615_015845.jpg (250x311, 53K)

I did not say a Pikeville Waffle House faggot.
Unless you are not debating points, go masturbate to your CM Punk poster for the fifth time today.

Because he makes you seethe

You are clearly very upset and emotional.
lmao

>I did not say a Pikeville Waffle House faggot.
you might as well have, fuckhead. fuck off with your shit insults.

AEW has the most embarrassing roster in the world with or without this simp

wow, between this, the colt cabana stuff, and his comments today he sounds like a piece of shit

>the work is punk talking about how shitty and unprofessional the workers and money mark owner is
when did cawdy hire russo?

Punk is such a bitch
That's bot an "offer" it's a message to see If you are interested. Just like cody asked Moxley if he is interested and could say his own music. And then! They negotiated the shit. Punk acting like they made him the whole proposal with the legal terms on a text message when in fact matt jackson already explained what they texted him. It was them asking if he is interested, people do that all the damn time.

>"Yeah Punk and I were best buddies for years before this happened"
>"Yeah I knew the person who'se number I was asking for for a long ass time, but somehow I never remembered to ask ask him directly for it"
>"Yeah I was a big bully, totally not because the guys I was bullying were afraid of picking on a midget and getting in trouble or some shit"
I find it hard to take anything Swoggle says seriously.

Punk is such a petty bitch. Cody is trying to get a feel for Punk. AEW is not going to bend over for Cock Monger Phil. AEW would like to get Phil for sure but they don't need him.

>outpromos everyone
>writes his own promo
>obliterates flippy midgets in a glorious roast
>makes 205 relevant
>first time 205 is more watched than NXT
>makes the cruiserweight relevant
>sells like a maniac
>makes Trips seethe
>has John Cena's approval
>has Vince's approval
>useless

This guy is 40 years old.
>A text isn't an offer
Why even bother dealing with him if every little thing is going to rub him the wrong way? What a weirdo.

phil is such a passive aggressive diva

>wnt 2 a show 4 us bby? $$$.... c u there... cody xx

They literally only talk about him when the media ask them. Punk was the one to start teasing folks on instagram and shit like that. They literally never went out of their way to talk about punk but always answer when the media ask them.
Not even days ago he went out of his way to mention how he will meet "aew fans at starcast" and now he is here trying to be a mark for himself. Fuck this guy

They didn't make him an offer by text, they asked him if he is interested and said they are there if it's the case. Matt jackson literally said it. Punk is being a delusional faggot

Like the whole "they talk about me all the time" is so fucking dumb! Whether you like aew or not they dont go out of their way to talk about punk, they just answer the media just like he is doing. He is a fucking BITCH!

Khan said punk is the first guy he approached before the elite or anyone else. I doubt he sent him a voice message saying "hey babe wanna WRASSLIN for me?!" Its either a work or punk is a legit bitch...

>I don't understand....
That's because you're not smart enough to understand concepts like retention/respect of character despite wrestling's inherent absurdity and general, simple perception.
It's not about exposing kayfabe, it's about denigrating Punk.

This. Punk showing up at starcast should've been the red alarm that he signed long ago. Khan probably told him to wait and finish out his ufc stuff and show up at the last show in Chicago before they go on tv to keep the hype up

punk already brought up the text thing like last year, it clearly happened and pissed him off

AEW has started feuds through interviews in the past. The Spears vs Cody feud started with the "good hand" comments Cody made in an interview. Maybe they really do have something going on with Punk.

Punk going to Starcast knowing he'll get a million AEW questions. Tony Kahn is any owner of an NFL and Soccer team. He wouldn't just give an offer through text.

This may really be a work boys.

This is why aew is superior to wwe.

Make 60 idiots argue is it a work or not.

text with spaces

Might be on a phone

For sure a faggot
>No one gets into feuds that require youtube viewing you absolute giga faggot

Russo won

>it's superior to WWE because people have no faith in them being smart enough to not pull sub-russo WCW-tier works

woah

Of course it's a work, Phil has the whole "leave me alone, don't talk to me about wrestling" gimmick but now he's agreed to appear at a wrestling themed convention to participate in a Q&A that is probably be 99.9% wrestling questions and said convention is taking place the day before a ppv of wrestling company that is competing with his previous employer who he despises to no end.

Come the fucking on, I know wrestling fans are not the brightest of bulbs but even they can figure this one out.

Attached: 1502997508518.jpg (499x466, 45K)

If AEW played Punks music at All Out and MJF came out, would that be good heat or would it turn people off?

Hasn't he done one of these before?

think it was a comic-con when was """writing""" one of those shitty marvel books,

>ITT: worked

Attached: DSP Titantron.gif (162x226, 789K)

It'd turn away WWE faggots. I'd think it would be hilarious.

>Not wanting to mimic the greatest boom in wrestling history.
Bro.

Note this is the same company where one of their VPs expects you to game with him in Apex Legends if you wanna talk business and uses that as an indicator of your being. Unprofessional business practices? I can't imagine that being the case.