BREAKING NEWS: WWE MSG ticket sales "exceedingly disappointing"

>Meltzer on WOR: "Yeah. Not good. Stunning. Absolutely stunning. I didn't necessarily think that Smackdown would sell out and I don't think anyone did. But everyone thought like "instant sellout" for RAW. Some of it may have been overpricing, which is being rectified. But yes, ticket sales were exceedingly disappointing. I don't know what that means from a numbers standpoint. But it's NOTHING like what ROH and NJPW drew for their MSG show. And the goal was obviously to sell out quicker than them. The goal for this was to be their version of the giant demand, 15-minute sellout just like the other guys did and this didn't. It's New York and New York should've been easier because of the scalpers but the scalpers didn't hit it. There were about 1,600 tickets sold to scalpers. The ticket chart that I saw, I couldn't really tell you how many tickets they put on sale... but there's tons of tickets left in most sections, there's a few sections that're sold out. But most sections, there are tons of tickets left, even the cheap seats tons of tickets left for RAW and considerably more for Smackdown."

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO. Looks like the Garden is New Japan's territory now, friends. How is the industry leader drawing poorly at the fucking Garden for a TV taping? Jesus Christ. And they tried to sell out quicker than NJPW and ROH AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA.

Attached: photo-1.jpg (720x720, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/davidbix/status/1150120053947412480?s=21
msg.com/wwe-raw-smackdown-returns-to-msg
ringsidenews.com/2019/07/21/wwe-knew-they-would-have-issues-selling-out-msg-shows/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

MSG is a house show, right?

Two shows Raw and Smackdown back to back.

Nice try, E-drone. They're doing TV tapings for RAW and Smackdown. And TV tapings from the Garden are ridiculously expensive.

Somebody should tell those retarded scalpers that WWE stopped selling out arenas a decade ago

How can they have a house show when they can't draw a house?

That's a lie. Tarps and curtains would pays a very high price for WWE show.

>WWE are shit because they didn't instantly sell out MSG
>"yeah WWE were always aiming to instantly sell out MSG"

Fucking cancerous goblin spinning the low IQ virgins into a frenzy yet again by creating fictitious goals for WWE to not meet.

WWE BTFO OH NO NO NO NO NO

TARP IT DOWN

Why they make a TV taping in MSG and not PPV?

hilarious how wrestling is going to die because of horrendous trumps economy

Hilarious how you forgot to dilate today but you still took the time to post that terrible comment

>I couldn't really tell you how many tickets they put on sale
>but there's tons of tickets left in most sections

Why does anyone take him seriously again?

>Blaming WWE's lack of appeal on Trump

R E N T F R E E

based

So out of morbid curiosity, I decided to check out the tickets for both RAW and Smackdown and I legitimately fucking screamed. Jesus fucking Christ. What the fuck? There's gotta be at least 15,000 tickets still on sale across both shows.

Guys, keep in mind. They thought both shows would sell out instantly. That's how delusional they are. I'm in tears, I'm laughing so hard.

Attached: 134748743.png (1368x1282, 924K)

Have another (You)

This is good. Just means Vince will start pushing the envelope further and further. PG-13 here we come.

We win again, E-Chads.

i feel empty inside; i don't feel like a winner

>There were about 1,600 tickets sold to scalpers

Ooh this is new! Big Dave now knows the scalpers and gets "leaks" from them?

>he doesn't know that big dave has stooges in every tv network and box office

Still LESS than New Chadpan

What the fucked did they expect?
They just had trouble selling out a ppv in Philly and had to sell them buy one get one free in order to move them. It's no secret that the show is shit and they are losing fans daily.

while you were doing that and laughing I was having sex with my gf

Attached: 1560891631133.jpg (395x222, 34K)

>There were about 1,600 tickets sold to scalpers.
How does Dave have this information?

He checked and counted all the tickets on stubhub. So in addition to all the tickets still left available, there's around 1,600 more on the secondary market. Literally nobody's going to this show.

he doesnt

OH NOOOOOO

This is what happens when WWE forgets the casual and normal fans. Wrestling is supposed to be fun for children and women as well, this is why you push your Cenas, Batistas and Romans and don't give a shit about the crowd chanting "you suck" because they're literally marks who are paying to watch your product.

The second you push and make the star of the show the indy shitters like Owens, Zayn, Cesaros, Daniels, Punks, etc. Those were marks that got into the business, like Russo said the fans are now inside the ring.

Even their biggest flop in the last 20 years, Seth Rollins, was overpushed so fucking much and still isn't half as over as Roman is.

I watched WWE in 2007 and back then people were complaining about how bad things were. But every single low carder was still a veteran that could teach a lesson to everyone on that roster right now.

Failed indie shitters will never draw.

Appeal to children, women and casual fans. And this will only work with exciting storylines, boobs, ass, sexual jokes, cutting edge characters, and less focus on wrestling and more on characters.

>WWE can't sell out as fast as New Japan
its OK "E-chads", I'll still watch Summerslam with you but I will talk about how awesome the G1 is the whole time

Attached: 1541185196332.png (639x874, 85K)

cringe
don't watch WWE

I bet if it was Seth Rollins versus Kenny Omega instead of Drew McIntyre the RAW show would have sold out instantly.

Why didn't WWE sell out in 30 minutes?

Attached: 237548585.png (609x207, 17K)

WWE can easily solve this issue by announcing a love dx reunion or by having a high profile undertaker match.

What could aew and njpw do in the same situation ? Beg their fans on social media to come, lol?

Well said. I'm sick of WWE pushing regaulr looking unimpressive indie geeks. I want Lesnar vs. Lashley, Braun vs. Roman, Jinder vs. Cena, etc. not Balor vs. Bryan or AJ vs. Seth

Kenny Omega alone sold out MSG instantly. Kenny Omega was the IWGP Champion when tickets went on sale and those tickets fucking flew. Matching him with an anti-draw like Rollins would've frozen ticket sales.

Have sex

lmao E drones FUMING

Sunburn seething

Then why did indie shitters sell out msg just months ago? Surely indie shitters with the wwe machine behind them have an advantage.

It's AEW territory since Omega was solely responsible for ROH/NJPW filling the building

Having to rely on wrestlers well into their 50's for a cheap pop because they can't create new stars can hardly be looked at as a plus.

This is aew pr guy at his finest. There is no way wwe thought instant sellout

WWE would have had no problem selling out the Garden in the past. This not some worked PR, it's a legitimate sign of what's been happening for years in WWE. Falling ticket numbers, and falling viewership. Even the TV execs are getting worried about it, having pitched both the wild card rule, and 24/7 belt in a bid to pop a resurgence in ratings.

>But everyone thought like "instant sellout" for RAW.
Literally nobody thought this, Dave.

Motherfucker, we're talking about WWE. Do you honestly think WWE wouldn't try to make some kind of statement to NJPW and ROH selling out MSG? They very clearly wanted an instant sellout to be competitive with the other two companies and they fell flat on their fucking face. This is a company who went head-to-head with NJPW in the U.K, AEW in the U.S and is planning on going head-to-head with AEW on TNT. They are very clearly concerned with what other companies are doing and are always looking to compete. To try and convince yourself otherwise is delusional.

scalper jews should be scalped

I hope you pirate it. Fuck wrestling.

>blaming trump for wwe being ran by an out of touch senile old man, his arrogant, is never wrong and egotistical daughter, and her mega insecure, giant raging ego, asshole husband

Don't get me wrong, I like that he genuinely does bribe people and gets lies from them he thinks is true but even this one is a new tier of comedy.

we're to expect Big Dave has people who actually interview scalpers?

>first Raw taping at WWE's "home" arena in a decade
>six months after New Japan and ROH sold out a show there
>"of course it wasn't gonna sell out instantly!!"

Attached: 1376732960723.png (424x318, 197K)

He said he counted all the tickets on Stubhub and got 1,600.

And pic related will act like nothings wrong and point the finger at everyone else

Attached: vince-triple-h-stephanie-gym.jpg (600x400, 73K)

Unironically seething

>talks about scalpers with WWE but refuses to about it with AEW

>According to Meltzer

Attached: kemonitom.jpg (480x480, 30K)

isnt wrong. people who watch WWE dont care about flips and spots and great matches. they want over the top pageantry and living comic books. Unfortunately for WWE that crowd has diminished and really all thats left is wrestling fans. and while WWE probably has the best roster, at least in the US they present a very miopic product that doesnt appeal to wrestling fans, especially when they have a guy like an AJ who we all know has had super high quality matches

He literally always talked about the scalpers for ALL IN and Double or Nothing. He hasn't talked about scalpers for ALL OUT though.

Whenever Dave talks about scalpers he's just looking at Stubhub

Attached: Capture+_2019-07-21-09-20-21.png (1429x432, 57K)

>telling the truth and stating facts is seething

Try not to spill onions milk on your 4XL becky "the man" Lynch shirt

His "reporting" is just stealing random info?
Neat.

How do you find where Stubhub tells you exactly how many tickets are left on the secondary market? I'm on the Stubhub desktop site and don't see that anywhere.

>H-how does Dave kn-know how many tickets a-are scalper ti-tickets... it's f-fake news
All of you fucking E-drone faggots need to check out this post: Does that answer your question? Where's the next form of cope?

So it's a tape delay or they're live? Who the fuck wants to go to a tape delayed show? The reason jew-japan sells out the garden is because they come around once in a year and the E doesn't to say the least.

Live.

No, you fucking retard. It's a live TV taping, meaning Monday Night RAW and Tuesday Night Smackdown will both emanate live from Madison Square Garden on September 9th and September 10th. This isn't a tape delay, this isn't a house show, this is a major show. Why can't you E-drones just accept that this show is selling poorly instead of making up 100 excuses?

Thats a lot of booze for 3 middle aged guys reviewing wrestling

>Romans
He’s just as bad as Seth. Are we forgetting that this lull of low-ratings and attendance didn’t start during his overpush?

>47 yo daniels vs 44 yo cima opens up aew ppv
>2 wwe rejects close to their 40s are undefeated in the g1

based

Yes, he gets his "facts" from a dodgy website.
I mean this is on the same tier of Oprah t hinking that "I will rape you with over 9000 penises" is "news"

Attached: 1535479132014.png (219x54, 7K)

>WWE is running two nights in a row at Madison Square Garden, but they didn’t sell out at all. It was previously reported via Dave Meltzer that WWE hoped to have a “15 minute sell out” that they could call their own, but the company knew they would have trouble getting a packed house in the NYC market.

>Not only are MSG tickets more expensive, but WWE was running combo deals as soon as tickets were made available to the public on Friday the 19th.

>The reality is that WWE knows that live event tickets sales are down which is why they offered 2 for 1 deals from the start. In fact, they were advertising combo ticket deals before they even went on sale.

>WWE did the same two for one combo deal for Extreme Rules, only with the MSG shows fans actually got two straight nights of wrestling as well which should have been a better deal in theory.

So not only did they not even come close to their instant sellout, they did 2 for 1 tickets from the very start, since day 1, in the hopes of achieving their goal. And they still didn't even fucking come close. They've been doing 2-for-1 ticket sales pretty much all year long, they were doing it since the Royal Rumble in January and they're still doing it now. This is insane.

Attached: 735584893.png (649x643, 834K)

They literally can't say it because Who Japan sold MSG out.

wrestling in north america is cringe/dead right now. what's so insane about it?

WWE is not hot at the moment, it has no stars. Yes they are financially secure with those tv and sandnigger money deals, but when you're still putting out the boomers to remind people of the 'good ol days' it says lots of how bankrupt creatively they are.

wwe rejects close to their 40s are undefeated in the g1

Both are active wrestlers who can still perform in the ring. Mox was never a wwe reject as he's always been involved in main event programs and he's barely in his mid 30s. While the same cannot be said for Kenta, it's not his fault that wwe's booking is so shitty. Also being undefeated at the moment in the g1 doesn't mean you're going to win.

Cope some more, dronie.

This. We're just playing the long game, E-chads.

simple minds of e-drones don't allow for rational thought

They are gonna need the king of tarps for this

>I legitimately fucking screamed. I'm in tears, I'm laughing so hard.
Twitter is that way ---->

>it has no stars.

excuse me?

Attached: 1559611236069.gif (480x480, 3.49M)

>always been involved in the main event scene
damn that’s some cope.

IT
HAS
NO
STARS

Attached: fx0w5zcesvd21.jpg (1242x1343, 187K)

When was the last time a wrestler has been presented in media? Commercials? Reality TV? Been a guest on a talk show? Host SNL?
The last time I remember any wrestler doing a large number of multimedia stuff was Seth in 2015. He was feuding with The Daily Show, did Good Morning America a few times, was in toy commercials, appeared on Biggest Loser (lol) and shit like that. Now they got Roman receive a fucking participation trophy and the best they can do is red carpet.

>copypasting my arguments while adding cope on top of it is an argument
Damn what a comeback.

>When was the last time a wrestler has been presented in media?
Bayley
twitter.com/davidbix/status/1150120053947412480?s=21

Woof. Not like that.

>wwe
>can't sell out MSG tv show

I know interest in the product is low right now but man

>super over with dwindling crowds of smarks
>has had zero mainstream crossover

Attached: 1507936930084.png (316x362, 121K)

It's funny how they can't make another megastar after Cena despite having the largest roster in the company's history. They made pretty much everyone into geeks

They had a chance with Becky and I can safely say.. both WWE and Becky fucked it up. Not saying NEXT STONE COLD *a oy face* but they kinda had a real Daniel Bryan moment with her and everyone dropped the ball. WWE booked her like shit, and that Twitter stuff she engaged in made her look the opposite of a badass.

DOWN
SINCE
DAY
ONE

BIX

The only way to move the needle is to put wrestlers outside of wrestling shows and expose them to the normies. This is what happened in the 90s and it's how you make stars. It doesn't happen anymore because Vince doesn't want the wrestlers to get famous outside of WWE, so it never happens and the fanbase dwindles. Contrast this with the absolute commerce whores of the Young Bucks who jump at the chance to do anything with the funko pop and hot topic shit and put themselves in other

>The only way to move the needle is to put wrestlers outside of wrestling shows and expose them to the normies.
Vince couldn't do it. It would expose his carny business tactics so easily if he made wrestling mainstream again. See Fox's interview with Bayley for example.

msg.com/wwe-raw-smackdown-returns-to-msg
>That video with Seth
kek

I'll bet 50 bucks if normies could see this, they'd thought Rollins was the PR guy instead of an actual wrestler; a fucking wrestler who's supposedly the ace of the company lmao

>fail to match an indie fed and a company from Japan
Yeah why would anyone expect WWE to live up to them

but Cesaro isn't pushed

How long before Vince offers half his shares to Cena in order to get him back full time?

Good.

The fuck is wrong with you?

>which is why they offered 2 for 1 deals from the start

information to dispute your headcanon is easily available

Attached: tranny btfo.png (1498x1702, 1.41M)

Did he stutter? Becky was never going to be a star that attracted a new audience, but she could have been someone that kept people watching and invested, and they fucked that up. I have no idea why they decided to book her like a female Stone Cold instead of a female Daniel Bryan.

S-still more than W-Who Japan...?

Probably basing his answer on secondary market listings which means nothing

>basing AEW PPV numbers on google mentions

he is a legit brainlet

just like America then?

Was she just born ugly. Yuckola. Never will draw being so unnatractive and boring.

Someone give me the link please! This is top good!

ringsidenews.com/2019/07/21/wwe-knew-they-would-have-issues-selling-out-msg-shows/

>G1 Supercard needed WWE to draw 70000+ people to the greater New York Metropolitan to run their show
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Proof?

Just ask G1 Climax Dallas (4000 people...no WWE)

Attached: 19829834232.png (900x480, 585K)

Shows not till September tranny, still plenty of time

No the link to the WOR