On May 10, 1999, WWE broadcast an episode of Raw that achieved an 8.1 rating, the show's highest ever

>On May 10, 1999, WWE broadcast an episode of Raw that achieved an 8.1 rating, the show's highest ever.

Thank you based Russo!

Can any of these manlets or chinks even compete?

Attached: rock-1498409648-500.jpg (500x282, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

whatculture.com/wwe/10-highest-rated-wwe-raw-segments-ever
youtu.be/CRQDS-_QtNA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not a single wrestling match would get a rating higher than 5, non wrestling segments are the true draw of prowrasslin

>not a single wrestling match would get a rating higher than 5
Taker vs Stone Cold did :)

>non wrestling segments are the true draw of prowrasslin

BASED

He's right you know

Muhammad Ali vs. Antonio Inoki:
"The fight was watched by an estimated 1.4 billion viewers worldwide, including more than 54 million viewers in Japan. In the United States, the fight sold at least 2 million pay-per-view buys on closed-circuit theater TV"
Lou Thesz vs Rikidozan
Drew over 70 million views.

>Always the guy
>Drew record dimes

Attached: 1563209462717.jpg (599x449, 49K)

Ali/Inoki was an actual fight (if you could call it that anyhow) so doesn't really count

>Drawing a third of the Earth's population
What would WWE need to do to reach something like this?

They would need some big names but those don't exist anymore, I can think of Cena vs Tanahashi but even that wouldn't reach 1 billion views

Live sex HLA

Brock lesnar vs Floyd mayweather in a shoot fight

I think one can't exist without the other. NXT suffers because they don't have enough time to really get you invested in a feud but if there's too much story with no matches to break up the segments just gets boring. Currently I think a 2 hour show with a good mix of pre recorded segs, short interviews and a live promo or 2 works best which is why I gravitate towards impact. WWE is way too long for me to give a shit about and feels laborious to watch and NXT/UK is just fighting with hardly any story progression. NXT I feel is better than WWE but they need to give me a reason to want to cheer/jeer a wrestler

Maybe cena vs khali for the universal and heavyweight championships in india on free tv there with a huge buildup.
I dont know about viewers since some of those indians arent marks and theres only 1.2 Billion of them, not half the world pop but around maybe 20%.

Friendly reminder that a Mean Street Posse match got a higher rating than This Is Your Life.

Find a way to get Trump back and involved in this match somehow and you get a lot of the American audience too. That's 2 of the 3 most populous countries. How do we get the Chinese now? Does their communist government even allow them to watch WWE?

Stop living in the past,good gimmicks and storylines cannot exist in the current PG era.

Ultimate surrender tournament for the women's championship

Tommy Dreamer to hope the rail, shoot Paul Heyman in the face, then blow his own brains out on live TV after hitting his signature arms out pose while standing on a table

Citation?
I thought this is your life was the single biggest rating in wrestlings current Era

whatculture.com/wwe/10-highest-rated-wwe-raw-segments-ever

Mean Street Posse vs. Patterson and Brisco got a 8.61 rating.

Am I the only one that thought the original This is Your Life segment was fucking cringe?

That's crazy. I wonder whar WCW had on at the same time?

Pancake your ass out of here

For what? You have no proof any of these are russo's ideas, not his company, not his wrestlers either. So as usual Russo fags are sub human white knights trying to take credit for something they didn't accomplish. Russo fags need to be genocided

Of the top 10 rated segments in RAW history, 7 of them were matches.

agreed. they're the absolute bottom of the barrel worst of wrestling "fans"

AFAIK Nitro was not on at the time for some reason

rent free. literally obsessed. beggin ya

Crinfe at your anti Russo gimmick

May 10 '99 episode had a main event of Austin, Rock & Vince vs Taker, Haitch & Shane.
Anything to do with with Vince & Austin was Vince. Vince booked himself and no one was booking "the guy" but him.

Have women main event Summerslam

>Anything to do with with Vince & Austin was Vince

Citation needed. Because Russo and Austin talked on Austins podcast about working closely together and Austin asking Russo "what are we going to do tonight?" etc.

Attached: 1551990793485.jpg (375x297, 27K)

Resurrect Ali from the dead

>Mean Street Posse vs. Patterson and Brisco
May as well been an skit on the ring (and it basically was)

Hahah, smark narrative at it's finest.

If it's good it's someone elses idea but if it's bad it's Russo's.

Get a grip and give credit where credit is due you dweeb.

Just because they got an high ratings doesn't mean they ever drew,especially the Posse

A) implying good ideas can only be from one person
B) rather be a smark then a faggot who rides the dick of irrelevant parasite.

Stop being sour that none of your geeks that write the show nowadays can come up with anything as entertaining as Russo's stint in the WWF.

There's a reason their ratings have been in free fall since he left.

Reading Russo's scripts is like reading a book by someone on LSD

Exactly, entertaining.

youtu.be/CRQDS-_QtNA

Its so jarring going from watching this to today's product. Literally everything is massively inferior today apart from how many flips wrestlers can fit into 10 minute matches.

This has already been debunkt by Austin himself who has already confirmed Russo wrote all that stuff.

Try again.

Exactly. It's amazing to me how that Austin-Taker match gets buried whenever people want to push the "This is your life" bullshit.

I find it weird how people hate Russo so much. Cornette I understand but you're just some nobody who wants to think what he watches is any way smart

Ape hoop playoffs bumped Nitro

Roided out Vince was the best

No. Reddit and sponsors worked together to scare away any possibility of a dime ever being drawn again after RA era. We're doomed to let the flippyshitters and charisma vacuums eat away at wrastlin until WWE is bankrupt and sold to Disney for pennies.

>I can think of Cena vs Tanahashi
This weeb actually typed this oh no no no.

They stopped being entertaining the moment they realize his booking is so nonsensical nothing that you see matters.
A guy won the main belt? Who gives a shit,tomorrow they'll vacate the belt to do a six man grandma with belt on pole match.

"""People""" who think like this have never watched Russo's writing or are network-babbies who believe the WWE documentaries

A match with taker and austing got a higher rating

>WWE has since redone This is Your Life segments two or three times to record lows

Why don't they understand it wasnt the segment alone but the chemistry and chops between Rock and Mankind?

>Russo's """"""Writing"""""""

BRO HOW ABOUT GIVING THE STRAP TO A D GRADE ACTOR THEN MAKE HIM LOSE IT IN A TRIPLE CAGE MATCH IN THE MOST IMPORTANT PPV OF THE YEAR? OH AND I ALSO GET THE BELT RIGHT AFTER HE LOSES IT PEOPLE LOVE ME BRO

It's been almost 20 years and you're still seething about a fake title, fucking smark

You seem to take fake fights pretty seriously. God forbid someone try something new.

>Slamboree
>THE MOST IMPORTANT PPV OF THE YEAR

Attached: poster-780.jpg (780x1026, 90K)

Based. I couldn't give a shit about how good two men pretending to fight looks. Brock v Goldberg 1 was way more entertaining than watching two skinny manlets wrestlefucking each other for an hour. Larger than life characters and fun storylines are what drew the dimes, and it's no surprise that wrestling is about as popular as ebola now that both are largely gone.

Attached: listen.gif (480x270, 2.96M)

Arquette holding the belt wasn't the only reason wcw died

The main reason was the title changing hands every week but Arquette and Russo winning it made sure that WCW could never recover even if a miracle happened.

You are so right lets put universal title on brie larson. It is just fake and you don't care so why not?

>Calling someone a nobody while dick riding a guy who only matters to faggots in industry both Russo and you find dead.
That is the pot calling the kettle black

Attached: 1520832779258.gif (200x150, 2.59M)

>That Alexa one

Ding-Dong Diddlycringe

Attached: 12-2.jpg (253x453, 20K)

Sure, if it happens under right circumstances. Arquette was promoting wrestling related movie and pinned a non wrestler (Bischoff) to win the title. Russo is not as braindead you make him to be.

Promoting 2 non wrestlers on a wrestling, one who would never be seen again (David), and a ego manic who helped destroy that same company (Russo). All to promote a movie that flopped and no one remembers.
Who is the brain dead one here?

Sorry mean Bischoff

Have real fighting