Nick Aldis interview, NWA weekly show, offer from AEW and more

Thought some of this was interesting for you NWA Chads out there. Some highlights:

>I said, “Where did we go off base here with wrestling?” We went so far off course. Again, we concentrated so much on this very small niche portion of the audience that was only concerned with a pro wrestling match that had an opinion on every single thing. “Oh, that promo was a B+” and “This match was a 3.3 out of 5 stars.” My argument is, I don’t care if they want to do that, but that’s up to them if they want to do that. My point was, those people clearly aren’t going anywhere because this is like a hobby to them. They’re never going to stop watching because they love doing this stuff. Even if every match on this show gets one star, they’re still going to want to do it because they like putting this stuff out, so why are we catering so much to them?

>I’ll tell you the truth: I was made an offer by AEW. I counter-offered with, “I’d like to be able to do both.” I’d like to work with them because obviously I have great admiration for Cody and the Bucks for what they’ve been able to do. But I wasn’t prepared to walk away from the two years of work I’ve done with the NWA. And that was that. I left it open with, “If you can find a way to keep doing this and do your show, I’ll do your show.” I’m still on very good terms with Cody and the Bucks and I had a very nice conversation with Tony [Khan] and everyone was aware of it. Billy and Dave were aware of it.

dailyddt.com/2019/07/18/nick-aldis-aew-impact-wrestling-nwa/amp/1/

Attached: Nick-Aldis.jpg (696x392, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2u0T6TER3nA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Our next major goal is to, we’re in the process now of developing our episodic television show. Like I said, I’ve had a big hand in that, we’re going along nicely with that. Billy’s going to be back from his Europe tour with the Smashing Pumpkins, and when he gets back, we’ll finalize all those plans. That’s our next major goal is develop and deliver this really good episodic show that’s different and I truly think that if we get this right, we’ll fundamentally change the way pro wrestling shows are formatted, much like they did in the early to mid-90s with Monday Night Raw and Nitro. It’s been that way for a long time and I think it might be time for something else. We think we have an idea of how to do it and it’s an exciting thing for me to have my stamp on something historic.

BASED

So, Aldis saw the hotdogs and wanted one, but he also wanted to get money to pay his rent so he had to decline

guy sounds super confident in both himself and in corgan's vision of this neo-NWA promotion. sure hope this goes well for everybody involved, guys need alternatives to wwe and while aew appeals to some it's definitely not appealing to others

Aldis's match with Scrull as Crockett Cup really won me over. Anyone who hasn't seen it yet definitely give it a watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=2u0T6TER3nA

the whole show was great, IMO show of the year so far

I've never been big on Scurll, but this match had me hooked all the way through.

Attached: nwa-corgan-696x392.jpg (696x392, 41K)

>nwa
>money

>we’re in the process now of developing our episodic television show.
please put that on Youtube as well like MLW

Most likely will be. How comfy would it be to have weekly studio show on YT like old NWA

Attached: tpog.jpg (952x952, 137K)

Bump

One the run to be the GOAT of this century

Was Aldis really that big of a shitter in TNA? I keep hearing that, but I've only seen his work with the NWA and it's been gold all throughout.

Apparently the office hated his guts so they fucked him over a lot.

NWA won't survive as a weekly TV show, or even a real promotion as we understand it. Indie talent was already starved with WWE, and now with AEW, literally anybody with any name value is going to be taken. It's a really, really bad idea.

Their best bet is to partner with actual promotions and make the NWA title a feature attraction on that show. Have title defenses in AEW, MLW, even New Japan. And then do maybe quarterly PPV supercards like the Crockett Cup with marquee matches from allied promotions.

So, basically, use the Ten Pounds of Gold to bridge relationships between promotions with a true traveling world champion. An international wrestling alliance.

They already get 50-60k views with videos featuring Colt Cabana, James Storm, Eli Drake now etc. And there is plenty of fresh more unknown talent ready to be showcased to the world.

This. Use the title like it was intended for

too bad billy have no idea what the nwa is. He think its like any other promotion but nwa never was one. It wont fail but they cant grow.

I highly doubt gAyEW will last 6 months once the weekly show starts. NWA will be just fine. BTB knows what he's doing.

Attached: Big Tunes Billy.jpg (650x867, 106K)

Yes he does. They have been all over in different promotions for past two years. But there is no issue wanting to start doing your own stuff eventually.