Why did WWF misuse him?

Why did WWF misuse him?

Attached: Diamond-Dallas-diamond-hands-1109.jpg (1109x614, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uf9DEAOAc8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because Undertaker is a simp bitch faggot asshole and I hope he’s riding his bike one day and he crashes into a petrol tanker and explodes

mmmmmmmm that would be a pretty badd ass way to die

Was the shit stalker storyline Mark's idea? Or did he just do as he was told like he usually does?

Taker said he had to get buried and wasnt putting him over. He didnt write the story but supposedly his magina shoot got itched when DDP didnt fist bump him or shake his hand backstage or some faggot shit.

That is so weird. I hear DDP was always tbe nicest, most respectful guy. I just can't see him purposefully stiffing Taker.

He most likely didnt. Everybody loves this fucker. He left a thank you message to Macho Man after Macho Man put him over and Savages father said he had never seen or heard anyone ever doing something like that. Taker is just upset because the best gimmick he could ever play is literally a walking corpse. He tried to be a biker and they told that nigga "Nah it's quiet. You're a corpse, it's good shit" and he went back to walking slow and mumbling about Satan raping him while the scooby doo intro plays in the background.

He was a successful wcw creation so of course vince wouldn't let him be anything

It’s ok though because DDP is a rich man from his yoga stuff and Undertaker will need to wrestle until the day he dies

I mean I have nothing against Taker and I doubt DDP would blame Taker specifically. Maybe I'm wrong though.

The Invasion is a constantly source of confusion to me. Bruce Pritchard claimed that the plan all along was to make WCW its own touring brand but Vince buried the WCW guys at every opportunity and made them look inferior to the WWF guys.

Taker will ironically one day have to get therapy from DDP just to be able to shake a hand. A fist bump would make his soup bones disintegrate.
Taker is a complete faggot. He never put anyone over aside from Lickenbottom, Triple Nose, and Bork. And you could argue Bork shoot concussed him to make sure. His title run was shit. Ive never seen someone eat so long off of their entrance to the ring.

he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way when he first came in. not only was he under the impression he would get a main event push right away, but he liked to plan his matches out in a very detailed way which annoyed taker and a few other people as most wwf guys at that time preferred calling most things in the ring aside from the finish or a big spot or two

ironically it wasn't long after ddp retired that taker himself started working a reduced schedule and gradually put more and more pre-planning into his mania matches...and now pretty much everyone in the business in and out of the wwe plans most of the match out ahead of time

What's extra weird is how Vince buried the MOST over guys kinda. Raven, DDP, Booker to an extent.

Like DDP was the WCW equivalent of The Rock and Vince just didn't care or see it I guess.

I mean I can see how that would be annoying in the moment but like DDP didn't start until he was way older and so it wasn't as ingrained into him, so he liked to plan. You'd think that Taker would get that I mean hell he's been in the business for fucking ever, surly DDP wasnt the first dude to plan a lot.

>planning out our match? heh. there's a way we do things around here, kid... and that ain't it. see you in the ring.... b-bitchh

Attached: Undertaker.jpg (216x233, 13K)

macho man liked to plan matches out too and was one of the first really big names in the business to do so (and having a similar mindset to ddp as to how to go about planning a match probably played into his decision to put him over in '97)

people rave about the macho/steamboat match from wm3 but apparently steamboat didn't really like working with savage and much preferred the stuff he did with ric flair in the 70s and of course years later their series of matches in 1989

That's cool that they connected like that but I gotta think that Taker wouldn't have given Savage Shit that he did to DDP. But anyway I'm bummed that backstage stuff got in the way of DDP.

>Mark's
kys

Carder is a shit he burried DDP and Kronik

Attached: You've gone and made a big mistake.png (600x800, 1.83M)

>Taker will ironically one day have to get therapy from DDP just to be able to shake a hand. A fist bump would make his soup bones disintegrate.
And DDP will probably greet him with a hug.

Bingo! If you want further proof see Booker and Sting.

>Vince buried another WCW guy

I watched a video the other day of when DDP revealed himself at the end of the stalker angle with Carder. It's such a shame it didn't work out for him in WWE. The crowd exploded for him, and then he cut an absolutely dimes promo for about 20 minutes. The motherfucker had charisma oozing from every pore.

The funniest part of that whole angle (and the most revealing part in terms of Carder) was how DDP was meant to be stalking Carder's wife Sara. Sara looked like a man in drag and DDP was actually married to the smoking hot Kimberley.

he was too big a star and back then, just as today, Vince has to believe that WWE is the only big leagues. if you can't make it here, it doesn't matter how over you were anywhere else. I actually listened to Bruce Prichard talk about the Invasion, and he really believes they did everything they could to get DDP over, he just wasn't good enough to hang with the big boys. the combination of a dumb storyline written during that time and Taker refusing to make him look good was absolutely fatal.

>and I hope he’s riding his bike one day and he crashes into a petrol tanker and explodes
Michael Cole: IS THIS A SYMBOL!?

He wasn't over after he cut his hair

youtube.com/watch?v=uf9DEAOAc8U

They even started making promos for it.

It was all bullshit, that supposed "main event push" shit was him pitching a "people's champ vs. people's champ" angle with Rock to bring him in which for some reason upset Vince. The idea that he was acting like a big shot backstage was that he was going around hugging people instead of the customary handshake and bag carrying they expected from WCW guys.

the dude turned down guaranteed big time money to sit on his ass for two years for a lesser lucrative wwe contract because he knew he had to strike while the iron was hot

wwe put that iron in an ice bucket

he is still my Main Nigga i don't care if he cucked kimberly to bisschof

That and DDP seems to me like the type of guy that just loves to wrestle. Like he wouldn't be okay with doing nothing for 2 years.

>and he really believes
He's just a liar user.

Yeah no one can honestly believe wwe did everything possible to push DDP

Feel the BUMP

Petrol tankers. Wouldn't want to mess with them.

>be a manager forever
>decide you actually want to be in the business
>everyone says your too old
>do it anyway
>rough couple of months but find a dimes move that gets you over
>slowly become face
>so cool and nice that Nash and Hall don’t bury you like others, and actually take your move
>omega over now
>dimes feud with savage, raven and Benoit
>they don’t pull the trigger
>get a Hogan feud but wig celebs but still make that shit work
>draw dimes with Goldberg
>despite being one of the top faces for years, they turn you heel and give you your first title
>all your overness is gone and nobody buys you as a heel
>over the next year you keep getting put in dumbass storylines
>have to watch the company crumble from within
>when It finally dies, you see the light at the end o the tunnel
>rather than be like others you decide to not sit on your ass and do nothing, but actually go out, take less money, and wrestle for Vince
>Bury you for archaic backstage rules and because they didn’t like that your scripted matches, even though Savage did the same shit

>today everyone scripts their matches

As a kid I thought DDP was so boring but as an adult he is up there with like Mick Foley as far as inspirational wrestlers go and I love him.

I mean inspirational in general not wrestling specific.

A Rock/DDP program could have been kino dimes.

Who wins though? Rock but barely? Giving DDP a bit of underdog momentum after?

It's the WWE, and The Rock's power level is one of the highest, so, yeah, The Rock. They'd fuck it up, but if DDP got his licks in, it could have been awesome.

People's Champ Vs. People's Champ. Pick your side. What camp are you in? Sorry to use a gay as fuck comparison, but it could have sort of been like when Twilights was drawing all the bitches' dimes, and it was all about if you were a supporter of Edward (vampire) or the werewolf dude.

#TeamEdward for life!

The story was DDP liked to review and plan out his matches in WCW so he tried doing the same when he first came to WWF. Mean Mark got offended because he took it to mean DDP believed they were dumb hicks who needed their hands held for s match so he proceeded to no sell him entirely during encounters. Then he used their feud to just bury the fuck out of him and have his wife pin him to finish it off.

Because he was like 70 years old and shit.

Ultimately, the WWF misused him because he was a WCW guy. All of the bits and pieces that contributed to it ultimately boil down to that. And he didn't stay healthy long enough to work beyond that, the way Booker T eventually did.

But don't give WCW a pass. They knew what they had with him. That's why he main-evented several PPVs in 1997-1998, and why he was always the one celebrity guests teamed with. He should have been the one to beat Goldberg. But they waited until the spring of 1999 to put the title on him, and by then the momentum had already turned in the WWF's favor. He held the title twice that spring for a combined 28 days (adding another ONE day in spring 2000 before losing the title to fucking David Arquette).

The only guy who got how dimes DDP was, then did something about it, was Randy Savage.

He was Eric's neighbour. You faggots know that right? Eric even gave The Cat a job and plenty of TV time just because he taught his son karate. When Eric was fired in September 1999, the joke in the WCW locker room was that DDP was going to have to buy the house next door to Bill Busch.

If it's any consolation, I bet DDP feels glad how he ended up doing a yoga program that became relatively successful and helped a ton of fat smarks

Vince hates jews.
>inb4 DDP disowned his jewish roots
A jew's a jew. A well poisoner.