Why did WCW decide to ruin Raven's character by revealing him to be a spoiled rich kid?

Why did WCW decide to ruin Raven's character by revealing him to be a spoiled rich kid?

Attached: 2017-11-05_204611.png (622x522, 569K)

It's WCW so probably because Nash or Hogan were worried he was too over

It's a lot easier to write a funny rich kid angle than a mental unhinged cult leader one.

Attached: raven1.png (450x574, 489K)

Bischoff hated the Raven character

unironically Jon Moxley vs Dean Ambrose

It was kino and makes sense since he's Jewish

I liked it and it tied his previous gimmicks together.

>Company meeting
>Bischoff says that anyone upset with the company’s direction can leave.
>Raven says fuck this and walks out mid meeting
Fucking based

He's Jewish so is it really a surprise?

>goes to wwf instead
>gets completely buried
Kek what a bitch

a bunch of retarded commie kids now are rich kids too. history repeats itself.

>Raven leaves WCW in 1999
>WCW dies a couple of years later.

Just like Mike Awesome, Eric "constantly hanging off hogans nuts" Bischof hated ecw talent. He only put them under contact to keep them away from the other two companies.

Bischoff hates "dark" or "crazy" characters consistently as I've learned from 83 Weeks

B-but Sting

Bischoff thinks all Jews have to be rich

It was probably his idea, he said Raven was literally the antithesis of who he is in real life

He gave Raven a decent push though. Like nothing main event but gave him a lot of time and he was the star of the "fringe" stuff.

He went to ECW

That actually made it better. Raven still laughs about it because they tried to do it to make him less over and it actually got him over.

It fused everything together and brought his character full circle. It absolutely made sense that Raven was this rich kid who didn't get enough attention, so he started acting rebellious, even though he partakes in said rich shit.

He went to ECW first and had a kino tag run with Dreamer.

WCW is non canon

as a parent now i would not let my kids watch anything with a junkie in it

all "grunge" and "punk" kids are spoiled suburban brats that come from rich parents with benzo addictions

no real "rebel" is gonna spend an hour and a half every morning in the mirror dying and styling their liberty spikes and applying guyliner lol punk culture is so tryhard and cringe

>i don't care about what you think SO MUCH that I sat in the barber's chair for 3 hours while they bleached and redyed my hair and bout $400 worth of styling gel to compliment my Black Flag t shirt and Union Jack denim jacket

Attached: 1559887513650.png (908x681, 690K)

True and I cannot think of anybody else who was even close to his push. Sabu was there like what one day? Lol. Mike Awesome was giving shit gimmicks and forgotten.

Raven and Kanyons Day Off was great.

This. Deep lore.

Right. I like all that, but that also, he was still no bitch, which would be the chiche Mean Street Posse, pussy character.

But it didn't ruin his character. The concept was great it just was implemented really bad. Raven actually came up with the idea with Dusty and helped pitch it to creative.

>Bischof hated ecw talent. He only put them under contact to keep them away from the other two companies.

That's not 100% true. He hated Sandman, Mike Awesome,...and a few others but he liked Raven and Saturn and thought they were both 2 of the best workers they had.

Why did Bish hate Awesome?

He was offered place in creative just like during his Johnny Polo days but he refused and wanted to wrestle instead.

According to Raven he stopped watching wrestling in 2000 for a long time because that WWF broke his spirit.

Eric said he was lazy and from what others have said, he came in with an attitude since he was the ECW Champ when he first came to WCW. He though he was a top talent in the lines of Hogan or Sting and acted that way. That rubbed a bunch of people the wrong way and ostracized him from a huge part of the locker room his entire run in WCW.

He also stiffed Booker T once in the ring and that pissed off a lot of the WCW veterans. What he did is piss off Stevie Ray which resulted in Mike getting an ass whooping and having his luggage thrown out of the arena and unto a connected parking garage a few stories below. Reportedly, Scott Steiner busted into his hotel room once and threw his luggage into the pool some 20 stories below after the Booker incident.

Ravens entire WCW run was a systematic ruining of a good gimmick 2bh. The Flock basically being jobbers and the NWO v Flock feud being cancelled before it started should have signified that.

> Raven thought he was going to be followed out by all his locker room buddies
> he was the only one that left
Kek.

He said he regretted this, too. Wish he'd stayed to try and guide the ship. At least we got a great ECW run and a surprisingly good TNA run.

It was all Ravens idea

lol Raven is supposed to be a smart guy but he always chooses wrestling in a bingo hall over making money

That may have been the case where you are from but the punk scene I grew up around was nothing like that. Eye rape home dye jobs, thrift store clothes, work boots, home piercings and shitty tattoos were all the rage. It was more a bunch of white trash who wanted to drink, huff glue and get into fights while loud music was playing than anything else.

>never again get to be fucked out of your mind in a packed building with no AC when the band blacks out the lights and says "KILL EVERY MOTHER FUCKER IN FRONT OF YOU!"
>immediately start swinging and knock the shit out of the back of someones head
>feel your finger hook someones piercing on a backswing, too late, already yanked it off their face swinging at someone else
>get kicked in your knee and want to fall but there are too many people around you
>cut your hand open on someones teeth
>swing really hard, hit something soft, realize you nailed a haymaker on some chicks tit
>some faggot whips you in the side of the head with a wallet chain
>gnash the nearest person in that direction with your spikes
>lights come back on eventually, everyone is laughing and fucked up

The problem with being smart is thinking everything you know is right. Him and Radicals chose poorly.

Big Show & Jericho too. If Jericho stuck around, he would have main evented once all the injuries ravaged the roster.

I forgot about Saturn but I cannot remember if he was an ecw original? I remember him and kronik being the eliminators but I could have sworen he was wcw before ecw.

Suddenly it makes a lot more sense now why he committed suicide.

Crow Sting and the YEAR in the rafters has Kevin Sullivan written all over it. By the way homos, did you know crow Sting's first promo was for the WCW Nitro PS game?

Attached: dialationboss.png (548x1298, 953K)

lol you can't be serious? Jumping to WWF was by far the best thing Jericho and Show did for their careers. Especially so in Jericho's case.

Cuz he’s jewish and it’s accurate to real life

Why did WCW have so many faggots called Scott?
>Scott Hall
>Scott Steiner
>Scott Norton
>Scotty Riggs
>Raven

I was about to ask why the fuck would he sign him then in the first place but I remembered they were signing guys just so no one else could have them like Vince still does.

Cringing so hard

there was also
Sickboy
Scott Hudson
Scott Putski

Because they had to go somewhere with his character after the flock was freed. It was only executed OK, but it wasnt a bad idea.

raven would tell the office that he was working in the studio and tell the studio he was working in the office, instead he was just sitting at home doing drugs and fucking sunny

I liked when Sandman was Ravens neighbor. That shit was gold. I still don't know why Raven was staring at that picture of Roddy Roddy Piper in his panties. what was up with that?

Didn't he also Bring Shane and a Teen Steph to Clubs?

Dude, you're gay as fuck

>I liked when Sandman was Ravens neighbor. That shit was gold. I still don't know why Raven was staring at that picture of Roddy Roddy Piper in his panties. what was up with that?

There was supposed to be a feud, but something happened. Somebody, maybe piper or Bischoff, didnt think Raven had what it took brother.

Big Show's career in WWE was a joke. He wasnt even a midcarder like Jericho, who never got over the hump like he thought he would by leaving WCW. Still just a TV champ and a PPV zero.

True
Complete fiction
t. punk rocker who wore the outfit, hairdo, chains, etc, just like all the other uniform nonconformists.

Crazy if true.