AEW should just outright purchase Impact

AEW's biggest problem right now is that their roster is somewhat lacking. They need to sign a lot more people in preparation for weekly TV. Why didn't AEW outright purchase Impact Wrestling and use Impact in the same way that WWE used OVW? Impact has a very impressive roster of wrestlers like Killer Kross, Brian Cage, Johnny Impact, Moose, Tessa Blanchard, Taya Valkyrie, Scarlett Bordeaux (before she left) etc. Don Callis is good friends with Kenny and the Bucks and there were talks in January about AEW purchasing Impact before Tony Khan decided not to go with it.

wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/news-on-why-aew-was-not-interested-in-buying-impact-wrestling-how-chris-jericho-was-involved/

Tony Khan is a fucking retard for not outright buying Impact when they had a chance and now they'll undergo bidding wars with WWE for talent on the way out.

Attached: 18356783i9o3.png (800x500, 680K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/wwe/2019/06/03/aew-brian-cage-nearly-booked-double-or-nothing-impact-wrestling/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

don't they already have 70 fucking people

They'll sign the people they want when their contracts are up without the baggage or shitters.

Only the bucks, cody, jericho and moxley are worth a dime.

Did you see last night's show? They're relying on wrestlers from TJPW to come in and perform for them, Riho and Yuka aren't exclusive. They have a very weak midcard/lower card but they have a decent main event scene.

Besides, no one in Impact is even getting paid by the company, AEW could be able to pay them handsomely, at least.

No fucking way, Impact is too based for AEW. I fucking swear if AEW bought Impact I would never watch it (much as the same way I don't watch AEW and WWE now).

Buying Impact is worth it for the tape library alone. How much money you fags have? We can buy the owl then book Yea Forumsmania for real.

You are wrong. and i never said that the are worth a dime

>Johnny Impact becomes Johnny All-Elite

And undergo bidding wars with WWE, which now has billions of dollars to spare? They should've outright purchased Impact for 30 million dollars or something and had them work exclusively as AEW's developmental brand. I get why Tony Khan is confident in his roster but they're seriously lacking in big guys and strong upper midcarders.

For what reason? Most of their wrestlers are on 2 or 3 year contracts. It's not like Tessa is locked down for 5 years.

Nobody watches impact

>I get why Tony Khan is confident in his roster but they're seriously lacking in big guys and strong upper midcarders.
Like he gives a fuck. As long as Kenny and trannies are there he knows these zoomer faggots will continue throwing money at it.

Why would AEW want tapes that don't feature their own wrestlers. At least WWE could make use of AJ Styles and Kurt Angle matches.

>Impact is too based for AEW

AEW can put Impact talent on a big stage. Don't you want Impact wrestlers to be seen by significantly more people, to get paid far more and pushed on TV instead of just being swooped up by WWE, which is swooping up everyone for no reason?

No because I don't want to have to watch AEW shitters and trannies to see my Impact wrestlers.

TNA already was on the big stage and they failed.

You won't be seeing them at all once they get cancelled off Pursuit and run shows without streaming or distribution and become a touring-only company. AEW could make strong use of everyone on Impact's roster, WWE would obviously keep them backstage or in a warehouse and Impact is struggling immensely.

I would legitimately want to see Impact people go to WWE before they go to AEW. Preferably I'd rather them go to NJPW or GCW but that might just be me.

Impact under Callis is cringy indy garbage. Jeff Jarrett had a better vision for the company before Anthem fired him.

Riho is moving to the US full time and wrapping up in Japan soon. I dont know about Yuka.

Attached: IMG_20190629_164434.jpg (1538x2048, 523K)

aew is the big league why would they buy impact now when they can wait 1 year and buy them when the go bancrupt

No, impact is the best. Keep Dog wanker Kahn and Tarpdust far away from it.

>he thinks Impact can die
Faithless fool.

and it keep on livin
and it keep on livin
and it keep on livin

>Yuka is most likely taking the mark contract and signing with NXT Japan which will be an even bigger flop than NXT U.K

Attached: 93754647239.png (661x425, 454K)

they probably want too much for it or else vince would have bought it long ago

You can't kill Impact. Simps like you have been saying this shit for 10 years.

why buy it when you can just offer their talent a better payday and take everything they have without needing to buy it

Read the thread. WWE can offer them more and will most likely win most bidding wars. If you buy the company, you buy out everyone's contract.

Yuka wont be signing with anyone cause I'll be impregnating her soon

Attached: IMG_20190626_092536.jpg (1024x680, 109K)

The way they promoted Yuka with pyro, and how she's catching on with the fans as a babyface, and then the angle with Riho at the end makes me think she may be coming in full-time, or a frequent but major part of their division. We'll have to see. I was expecting Nyla but instead her being pinned, keeping both the joshi strong, furthers the case that they're going to be strong recurring acts in the division.

based and impregnation pilled

Attached: YukaDab.webm (480x338, 464K)

How can you not love her?

the Yuka pyro entrance is so awesome it's definitely going to be part of all kinds of future video packages, along with the Janela elbow drop spot

I've said this before myself.

1.) Tony would have a big library to promote that would be valuable in itself. 2.) They'd have all the talent contracts.

Now I wouldn't keep everyone. Really, the only talents I'd keep are the top 5 acts they'd been promoting: Moose, Cage, Kross, LAX, Tessa.

Tony was scared to touch it, though because IMPACT just has those bad associations. Which is silly because it's not like he'd have to continue running IMPACT, just buying out their IP. But I guess too, Anthem would want more money than he was willing to pay. It's the same thing with RoH. Sinclair isn't it up unless you bring in a dump truck of money because they enjoy using it as filler programming.

It's not even about the money, from what I read, Tony Khan shut down the idea before dollar figures were even discussed. Tony outright didn't want to buy another company but honestly, buying Impact would be such a mutually beneficial decision. Lots of guys and girls in Impact want to sign with AEW anyway and some already have, like Allie. Jericho, Kenny and Callis are all great friends and it's not like NJPW wants to partner with either of them, so it's best for both parties to work together. Brian Cage was backstage at Double or Nothing and was going to appear on the show but Callis didn't have a problem with Impact talent appearing, he just didn't feel that his world champion should be losing on the show.

comicbook.com/wwe/2019/06/03/aew-brian-cage-nearly-booked-double-or-nothing-impact-wrestling/

They have partners in common, like AAA and MLW.

Attached: 18374857.png (1078x599, 506K)

>literally begging to be part of impact
IMACTCHADS WE JUT CAN'T STOP WINNING