You know that he is right...

You know that he is right,clowns breaking kayfabe after every show is what ultimately is killing the business and drove people away.

Attached: hyy.png (645x315, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cF62_GrH8uY
youtu.be/hGD9bKJULQY?t=198
podcloud.fr/podcast/talk-is-jericho/episode/publication-sans-titre-5a359036a9b497749e00003e
youtube.com/watch?v=Fpp9fYrq7q8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>rassler

i actually cringed, cmon corny you are better than this

Based cornette desu. Why not just roll with it?

Can't wait for Corny's review of the show. He might actually blow a fuse kek

Fake people? Is he saying the Young Bucks don't really exist?

Attached: hatsune miku.png (462x710, 269K)

Not even Cornette is enough of a simp to waste 3 hours on a podcast on a fucking house show for a fightning game event

>"DING-DONG DIDDLY STOP EXPOSIN DA BIZNIZ"
>constantly talks about the business on Twitter and shoot podcasts

Attached: 1502296133532.jpg (715x717, 212K)

I wonder what sub set of the perpetually offended he'll trigger this time.

People listen to podcasts all the time. People are more interested on the behind the scenes stuff than the in-ring shit. It's fine.

He is talking about old shit mostly,he is not a wrestler and doesn't reveal shit going on in companies he works in.

He said he'd review it ya seethepanzee

Fake person means that they're insincere

Its not fine,it kills all credibility that a wrestler might have,all their matches are stunt shows because they have no character or kayfabe to protect.

People stop believing wrestling was real after the Bruno era.

Fans already know this you dumbfuck. Nobody is going to sell their ALL OUT ticket for comments made on a post show interview.

There is a difference between a wrestler doing a credible match and flippy shitters doing kamehamehas and not selling for more than one second.

Bucks have stunt matches and everyone knows it, AEW has a mostly smark following so they don't care about kayfabe to begin with. Cornette can feel how he likes but these matches aren't for people like him who still clamour for kayfabe.

>Nobody is going to sell their ALL OUT ticket for comments made on a post show interview

Aside from all the potential customers that are not interested in wrestling anymore because of shitty gymnasts like The Young Cucks

Kayfabe has been dead for 20 years, there's no point in trying to resurrect its rotting corpse.

the state of aew

There are still matches or companies for those people, somewhere. You don't have to enjoy everything. If you don't want to see flippers then just dont watch them, it really isn't hard.

It might be dead but flippy midgets are kicking its corpse daily and they will never ever be actual wrestlers,even people in the circus don't reveal their secrets for fuck's sake.

Suprised it took him this long to go off on AEW

Miku is real in my heart

The first show only had one match that was embarassing (the battle royale),this show had a full on comedy match with one guy that is not even a wrestler,those Young Simps and Omega cosplaying as videogame characters to get those gaymer dimes and doing their usual flipperino bullshit in the match before the main event and in general it was a bigger spotfest than even the previous show.

He has been going off on it since day 1. I don't mind Cornette but he wants to see wrestling transported back 40 years and that is the only thing he thinks is good or acceptable.

Those people never bought a ticket to begin with

It's absolutely not fine, because then fans start screaming about "why did you push this guy?" or "why did you bury that guy?" And they can't allow themselves to even recognize that there's a story being told on screen. These fans now care far more about drama and do nothing but gossip about the industry like a bunch of loser busybodies.

They're at a video gaming event dude what do you expect?

That's what he's saying. They're missing out on a bigger audience with their style and behavior.

He watched DoN, shit all over it and got people mad cause he called Sonny Kiss a transvestite

>He has been going off on it since day 1
No he hasn't. He commended them on their ability to sell out that first show. And even at DoN, he didn't blanket shit on the entire program.

What is the point of these post match interviews, are they supposed to be in kayfabe because after DON Jericho was, but here the Young Bucks are not.

Is Cody's whole gimmick unironically that he breaks kayfabe? Or is it ego? Because he doe sit all the time. He comes in and say and does she to get a face pop then fights a face and plays heel using heel tactics, and then afterward thanks the fucking crowd and their support and gets a face pop again. This whole company is filled with self mark faggots that cant playa . role. This is why they had to stay indie. And Omega who had started to really do some nice character work in NJPW when he went serious is back to doing this stupid shit to.

Of course he’s right. Triple H and HBK killed the whole business by openly destroying kayfabe on television as an epic joke, and then justifying every shitty decision with “lol it’s just fake fighting guys it doesn’t need matter” and now the whole business is dead because all the fans are like “oh yeah fake fighting fighting DOESNT matter haha gay”.

These two faggots are terrible, they overkill everything in place of actual psychology like the Briscoe Brothers, it at least the Briscoe Brothers has everything the decency to act serious and at least try to maintain kayfabe out of the ring.

The Cucks are the worst tag team in pro wrestling.

Kayfabe in 1997
youtube.com/watch?v=cF62_GrH8uY
Kayfabe in 2018
youtu.be/hGD9bKJULQY?t=198 (May 21, 2017)
podcloud.fr/podcast/talk-is-jericho/episode/publication-sans-titre-5a359036a9b497749e00003e (tl;dr I love everybody and everybody is so nice and I'm so nice to everybody) (May 17, 2017)
The last real gimmick in the whole world of wrestling is Brock Lesnar:
youtube.com/watch?v=Fpp9fYrq7q8

Fucking Moxley attacked Jericho at DoN and then had a podcast with him a day later.
>Fuck you I'm gonna get you j/k let's shit on Vince now
Years ago you couldn't even ride together with the heels or sleep in the same places.
He said what everybody that actually can analyze wrestling has been saying: there's some good prime tv wrestling material, mixed with some embarrassing bingo hall mud show shit and if they want to get bigger they have to cut those shitters off.
Tryhard NJPW shit.

>video gaming event

Excuse me i'm sure it was a professional wrestling event

Yeah but that audience will never comes back since all the credibility is lost,most people found interest in wrestling because they wanted to see weirdos beating themselves up and calling each other names,none of these wrestlers has a character,look or a definite wrestling style.
Do you think Bret Hart would have cosplayed as Simon Belmont back in the day if there was a minor popular interest? Fuck no he had his gimmick to protect and that's what made him superior to all the CAWs that you see right now.

People like different things 20 years later, what a shocker.

>Tryhard NJPW shit

At least New Japan wrestlers don't publicly chat with one another if they are feuding.

The absolute state of this thread and this post as well. Wtf is 'tryhard shit' in wrestling, they supposed to be aloof and jus' chillin' in the ring? You an Orange Cassidy mark? Besides that, the points in this thread about Cornette are dispelled if you actually listened to him. And if the market for the show is only smarks, they will never get big, and there was no point in the chair shot as it only served to make their existing crybaby fans do just that, cry like babies. Cornette obviously has a point and it makes sense, as opposed to AEW's actions which were having a spot that would get an outburst then having to break kayfabe and try to quell everything afterwards, but people have to argue because Cornette said it.

Depends. Cody's and Dustin's also wasn't in kayfabe at DoN, but MJF's was here, though that's expected given his commitment to the gimmick.

Well its stupid. Wrestling is like a non stop tv show and you cant just stop the show to show the audience where the strings are for where superman is flying, it takes away from the show and only works if its a parody like a Mel Brooks movie to break the fourth wall like that.

Showing how Cody didnt get hurt is just stupid. Like why? What is the point then to actually have a guy trying to hit cody with i might add, one of the weaker chair shots ive seen. No point. Dont agree with Cornette on much but yeah, this is just some cuckery thingy going on.

>do a chair shot that makes everything think was real
>explain to everyone how it was fake
these fucking idiots

Tryhard = See? We're a serious promotion like njpw. And they're not, see Don't carry yourself like you're some superstar because you're a carny indie shitter who can't keep kayfabe longer than three seconds.
Instead of working the chairshot in the storyline, they expose everything because they're afraid of a bunch of twitter fags.

>Excuse me i'm sure it was a professional wrestling event
It was a professional wrestling event taking place at the same venue as a video gaming event, to the point that it was a co-branded show between AEW and that video gaming event, so most of the crowd would be people that play video games.

They have been doing that for years grandpa.

as usual as long as these fags get paid they don't give a shit. scorched earth.

The boomer audience won't watch no matter what. AEW audience is between the 18 and 35. WWE is 50's.

You must be new. Tanahashi and Sho have a podcast. Plus some of the NJPW boys have appeared on Talk is Jericho.

Fans were doing that shit during the Attitude Era and before, why do you think a thing like Wrestling Observer Newsletter came into existence to begin with.

Fucking SJWs are going to kill AEW so fast. Anytime there's something even remotely out there it'll be
>um, excuse me? This is offensive and I am better than you for pointing it out, heh. So um, either change it, or go out of business, k?

It was a ridiculously small minority of smarks, like 1%.

And now with the internet more people are aware of it. Thats how it goes when information is easier to obtain and share.

id be fucking pissed if I was cody and the young bucks were blabbering about this like that
so fucking stupid

No one fucking cares about kayfabe nowadays you carny simpola

And as for character, I guess being in the "reality era" just means your character is comprised solely of snarky Twitter posts

Kayfabe may be dead but you shouldn't go out of your way to bury the damn thing.

Also the chair might not have even been gimmicked and they are just lying

Don't blame the wrestlers. It's the fans' fault. They don't know what they want.
Fact is, legit wrestling fans are dying out. People either hate-watch it, watch out of habit, or pretend to like it for a weird kind of "nerd cred". That's why people get easily triggered by the content or autistically nitpick the matches. They don't actually like wrestling for what it is.

Attached: Mikarender.png (545x480, 459K)

This post is basically the whole AEW situation. A company propped up by self marks who are riding on the back of indie fed self awareness. They're never destined for big things (aka pulling in the market that WWE has which is mostly comprised of little jimmies)

of course they would say the chair was gimmicked, they've seen the public outrage and are covering themselves.

pretty clever if you ask me.

That was a minority of a minority. Most fans were actually engaged with the product.

Most people didn't. And the people that did have been increasingly catered to, driving out a wider audience.

>public outrage
As public as the desire of seeing Seth, Becky and Kofi as champions.
You see where I'm going with this?

With the amount of immediate internet access, Kayfabe will never be a real thing again. It's fine. Wrestling's changed Grandpa.

This,the only thing that its required you as a wrestler is to not tell others that what you are doing is fake,like holy fucking shit its common sense.

Attached: ff.png (701x455, 45K)

based. fuck Indy darlings

This. They said the post match interviews were supposed to make it feel more like a sport because they were shoot kayfabe interviews. But Cody goes back there and hams it up like he isnt a fucking heel. So I dont knowtf is happening there. These guys just think this "reality" horseshit is kino when it's just fucking retarded. We already know it's fake you twats we want to be entertainers. This is like if during any TV show you watched they constantly took blocks of time out to show the actors rehearsing their lines and eating catering in the middle of the fucking show. It's lazy and all it is is Russo level type shit 2.0

>Don't blame the wrestlers. It's the fans' fault. They don't know what they want.
The problem is that many wrestlers now were these types of fans. Not just the wrestlers, but people working on creative aspects behind the scenes too. A lot of talent out there care more about Meltzer stars than business at this point.

They should actually learn from reality shows, you know those Real Housewives Kardashian Jersey Shore type of shows. They're the modern wrestling. All the drama in those shows are scripted and exaggerated but they never break kayfabe. They're not actors but they act as an exaggerated gimmick of their own personalities and that's exactly how we got the Steve Austins, Bret Harts, Hulk Hogans etc.

>Fucking Moxley attacked Jericho at DoN and then had a podcast with him a day later.
>>Fuck you I'm gonna get you j/k let's shit on Vince now
>Years ago you couldn't even ride together with the heels or sleep in the same places.
jericho literally kayfabed that by saying they recorded it a week before don, literally before the interview played

What's wrong with wanting to keep kayfabe alive? It's part of what makes the shows interesting, that wrestling is a whole different world

Attached: 1559942437049.png (651x559, 598K)

There's nothing wrong with it, but it's rather out of place considering almost no promotions care about keeping kayfabe outside their show.

He's right in this case indeed. This sort of things works for people that are The Elite fans but for anyone else it's not gonna fly.

Because the cat has been completely out of the bag for 20 years now and it’s not going back in the bag.

Breaking kayfabe in podcasts is alright by Cornette and many others. The problem is during the fucking show or in this case the bloody post match interviews. What a retarded thing to do honestly.

>breaking kayfabe after every show

The retarded shit they do DURING shows breaks kayfabe. And that's much, much worse for wrestling. Normies don't see all this Twitter crap, they go to shows and get on with their lives. But these skinnyfat, upjumped smark shitters ruining entire shows with their faggotry drives normies away.

Attached: Utter Cancer.webm (640x360, 2.71M)

He will waste his time on it. That's how idiotic this shit has become. A fucking house show at a gaming convention is getting this reaction out of him. I dont even know if he understands the whole premise of the CEO collaboration

>People are more interested on the behind the scenes stuff than the in-ring shit. It's fine.

That's wrong. The 27 remaining, active wrestling fans on this continent care about that stuff. That sort of faggotry drove off the rest of them.

It was a fucking palm strike with a hadoken pause user. Do you guys have sex?

FLIPPY

clearly you don't.

Yeah, with the fucking uproar it created, them making it clear they took some precaution right out of the gate is bad.

SHITTERS

It was well out of the back during the emote AE yet people got worked right back in to believing it was real again

You are an idiot. This faggotry might hold out while they ride a ridiculous hype train due largely to The 'E being complete shit, and do four PPVs a year. When they get weekly television, this will die a death. It will be like Russo TNA, except extremely boring in addition to being extremely stupid.

>at least the Briscoe Brothers has everything the decency to act serious and at least try to maintain kayfabe out of the ring.

I dunno if that's kayfabe. Maybe they've just worked me, but I get the feeling they're really just belligerent rednecks.

And, as you hint at, the Briscoes' spot monkeying usually has the decency to look like it has some level of impact. It looks like an actual (video game) fight, rather than children mock (video game) fighting like the Young Bucks.

>le kayfabe is dead XDXDXD EPIC MAYMAY FRIENDO

If kayfabe is dead, why do you watch? Without kayfabe, wrestling is gymcels (at best) hugging each other and doing mediocre gymnastics.

cornette is such an utter parasite

The extreme irony is everyone is yelling 'kayfabe is dead so it doesn't matter!' when they are getting worked by a chair shot that they think of as the end of the world...because of kayfabe. Until it was revealed shortly that it was 'fake all along'.

So is kayfabe really dead if everyone saying it is dead got completely worked?

Attached: mainframe.jpg (2560x1600, 1.68M)

what does that make you? Also, go to the dentist.

no it doesn't. nobody in that building thought that kenny and the bucks legit fucking "hadoukened" their opponents

Nobody cares about kayfabe anymore. The workers are more important than the business.

Attached: cornetty.jpg (732x713, 115K)

Of course they didn't. Becausd nothing the cucks and omega do looks remotely believable anymore, so they're used to it and don't really care.
I get more invested in matches with solid crisp offense and character work rather than just flippy shit for the sake of it. This "lol we all know it's fake so who cares" mentality is utter bullshit.

Please Show me the podcast Tanahashi did with Suzuki while they were feuding or Shos podcast with Shingo while they were feuding.

I hate corny but he's right at this, this shit is like magicians explaining their tricks right after doing it

>Real Housewives Kardashian Jersey Shore
Holy shit what year are you in?