The only reason you watch wrestling is because you're chasing the feeling of what it was like to watch the Attitude Era...

The only reason you watch wrestling is because you're chasing the feeling of what it was like to watch the Attitude Era and the nWo era but it disappoints you every single time. Admit it.

Attached: 002_RAW_09261999_0020--2101e745c44ee6ce345a261ecb9af362.jpg (1200x1200, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iy9eZKzun6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Uniornically true.

Attached: HappygoluckyVagueHind-size_restricted.gif (335x250, 3.35M)

No. I still watch it for two reasons. The first is that sometimes I need background noise for things I'm doing. I also need background noise when I'm sleeping, and wrestling seems to do the trick. The second reason is that I'm gay and sometimes I need something to beat my dick to.

Ty Vince Russo

Attached: vv.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

I stopped watching a long time ago because it isn’t these things anymore

watching wwe yes

nxt and aew are good though

>nxt and aew are good
Do I really have to upload a laughing jpg for you to get my point?

i agree with this guy
i was chasing that feeling years ago when i started watching WWE again
then i quit watching WWE
now i watch AEW, NXT, and NJPW because they're good and i enjoy them more than i ever did the Attitude Era

the 80s and early 90s were much better than the Monday Night Wars though

I wish I couldchase the feeling and the class of being a pre 1970's wrestling fans since I could only enjoy Attitude era and NWO alongside a bunch of idiots in my younger days. I envy my dad to be honest.

no, nobody cares about your shitty point

>attitude era
Do you want some facts? WWWF-WWF-WWE is the most overrated company of all time.
Nobody knows, remembers or cares about pre-1985 WWF-E, nothing worth shit on the network, and everybody cherishes 1997-2001 WWE the most. That's 4 years, and then a bunch of "moments" like "le bodyslamming le Giant" or "le coconut on Jimmy Snooki" and then 3:16-chop the crotch onwards. It was a decade of cheap gimmicks, dumb slogans and shitty fucking matches. To get heat they had to get "le proud american sergeant defecting to le evil saudi empire".
Most of the names WWF used to build their brand during Hulkamania were past their prime and the best years in their career were in other promotions, with very few notable exceptions like Bret Hart, Shion Maikols, Steve Austin, Rock and Undercarder.
WWE made its fortune on a short-term fad that killed the business, and now we're stuck with literal jerkoffs that cringe at headshots when this was common place on a weekly basis
youtube.com/watch?v=iy9eZKzun6M
Listen to the crowd. They got legit death threats for this.

have sex

>Nobody knows, remembers or cares about pre-1985 WWF-E, nothing worth shit on the network, and everybody cherishes 1997-2001 WWE the most.
that must be why Bruno, Graham, Backlund, Morales, etc... sold out MSG time and time and time and time again for house shows and they were the most money making territory in US when there were more actual wrestling fans per capita and more shows around the country and more wrestling on TV in the country than any other time in history, because nobody cared. Retarded zoomer faggot.

You're right but I only watch the girl matches so I can stare at their butts.

Attached: image.jpg (399x600, 56K)

They were boomers nobody cares for and left nothing memorable to the ages aside the fact they reigned for 27 years each. Go try being entertained by your Bruno and Bawba Klund.
I bet you don't even know why Sammartino was pushed as world champion.

Who fucking cares? The thread is about the Attitude Era, not fucking 1973

I admit it

That definitely applies to my motivations. Shit, at this point i'd gladly even settle for something that gave me the same feeling as the RA era or mid/late 00s TNA, and at the time both of those felt like a shell of the MNWs. Thats how far we've sunk, a shell now feels like the good old days.

>I bet you don't even know why Sammartino was pushed as world champion.
you are so smart that you know he's Italian and there are a lot of Italians in the northeast user, true genius. He also isn't a midget simp faggot like the current generation.
So if the attitude era was shit, and old school stuff was shit, what is actually good?

>So if the attitude era was shit, and old school stuff was shit, what is actually good?
i choppa you

50's wrestling was the best. It was more about holds and grapples, taking their time working on a body-part, presenting it more like a real fight. Spending several minutes doing a submission, nucb more realistic and the best period for wrestling.

I find reading/talking about wrestling more fun than actually watching it these days.

That wrestling was designed for an audience that weren't smart to the business and therefore does not work with modern viewers. To pretend to like that shit now is beyond retarded.

I don't watch wrestling tho.

AEW has literally done 2 shows

I just want wrestling to be fun again

I wasnt alive during the attitude era
Well I guess I was alive for the last 2 years.

>AEW has literally done 2 shows
>Please stop watching
>AEW has literally done 3 shows
>Please stop watching....
AEW has literally done 4 shows
>Stop p-please

Attached: 1559888380666.jpg (1000x750, 236K)

Based retard

Is that why mcmahon sr constantly had to beg other promoters about money to feed his family and keep the company afloat? And why they had to live in a trailer at the tailend because they still were about to go out of business?

Yes, basically. That is the only time I ever truly liked the TV shows. I still watch the big four pay per views with a group of friends though, which are fun just as an excuse to hang out.

>because you're chasing the feeling of what it was like to watch the nWo era
Yes, I would love to see some long term booking/story telling that is actually well thought out & interesting, that includes more than half the roster.

Well it's not going to happen.

I'm just watching hoping Wyatt and Roode might get a push. If the new gimmick of Wyatt gets buried it'll finally be time for me to stop

ITT: summerfag edrones

YIKES

Attached: 7095f2401dd7a32e9ac8dc8d0e76e0b9.jpg (600x899, 57K)

Yes, but I also grew up watching Memphis and Georgia Championship, and I caught a little WCCW and Mid South as well.

The New York territory would've lost money and closed up, if not for Andre the Giant getting loaned out all across the country. New York was a small-time local promotion that pandered to Italians and Puertoricans.

I’d love for Impact to rise up to previous TNA levels. That was the best it’s felt since the MNW

>nwo
>well thought out

Sort of, I'm older though so I've lived through more good wrestling than bad wrestling years many of those weren't the attitude era. Great thing these days is that I can rely on Japan without much effort when America produces trash

>tfw the only fun part of wrestling now is R truth and his 24/7 antics
>it's only fun because it reminds me of the old Hardcore title rules

Attached: 1557885634852.jpg (1024x687, 90K)

>wwe is wrestling
>wwe is the only wrestling

Holy fucking based.

I started watching in 2004, so not really. But the first event I ever watched was Wrestlemania XX, and nothing since then has really captured that celebration at the end with Benoit and Eddie.

You're right. That's why boomers still watch wrestling.

Zoomers have no fucking excuse.