The absolute STATE of American Wrestling

>AEW: FyterFest: 7,000 people in an 8,500 seat arena.

>WWE: Stomping Grounds: 4,500 tickets sold, 1,500 given away for free in a 23,000 seat arena.

>NJPW: G1 Climax: Has sold 4,000 tickets in a 21,000 seat arena.

>WWE: RAW 6/24/19: 3,500 total, between free and comped tickets in a 10,000 seat arena, lowest RAW attendance in history.

>WWE: Smackdown: 2,500 people, between comped and paid tickets, in a 20,000 seat arena, among lowest attended smackdown shows in history.

>ROH: Best in the world PPV: 1,000 tickets in 5,000 seat arena.

Why is American wrestling so uncool in America, bros? Can Wrestling in America even be saved? I won't even mention Impact drawing 200 people to their shows.

Attached: thestateofwwe.png (1536x864, 2.32M)

because normie Americans think wrestling fans need to have sex

burger wrestling will die and this is ok

That AEW show was a house show. I dont even watch this shit and i know more than ya all lmao

It doesnt have mainstream appeal anymore. WWE used to let talent rotate around with being in movies and having titles to promote the company but the only person WWE has that has Hollywood potential is Braun

How the fuck is a house show when they have no TV show yet and they are making you pay to watch this online (outside usa)

Instead of building their own audience the iwc and it's darlings like omega have just been trying to convince wwe's fans that wwe sucks and its worked

Now wrestling is dead. Good job meltzer, you did it

It was free dumbass

>It's Meltzer's fault that WWE has greatly declined the overall perception and popularity of Pro Wrestling

The blame lies solely on WWE. Under WWE's dominance, Wrestling has died a fucking death.

>trying to convince wwe's fans that wwe sucks and its worked
WWE did a good job of that themselves

>You now realize wrestling is the WCW to video game's WWF

Attached: 46326525215.png (615x270, 28K)

>Why is American wrestling so uncool in America, bros
It's not just American wrestling. Japanese, Mexican, whatever. None of it draws in the US anymore. Dead market. The sooner wrestling companies stop trying to appeal to normies and fit in with the mainstream, the better.

>have just been trying to convince wwe's fans that wwe sucks
Not sure why they thought WWE needed any help doing that.

The amount of cope edronies use to sugarcoat their shit show is amazing

Almost forgot to mention the AAA show in Madison Square Garden that's in danger of getting cancelled because of such a poor advance. What the fuck is America's problem?

When they ran off the southern and blue collar audience for a richer and more "sophisticated" class, the writing was on the wall.

>Can Wrestling in America even be saved?
Nope. No more than bowling or roller skating. It's time has come and gone. Now it enters the legacy era where you'll have small groups doing tribute and resurrection shows, but it will never be what it was.

Wrestling has always been goofy and unpopular. But now thanks to the iwc any casuals who like wwe and want to explore more wrestling than the latest show get exposed to a bunch of negativity and lies that spoils it for them.

Here's a truth your little zoomer brain wont handle: Every kenny omega main event ever has been shit. But a casual fan who doesn't know better googles "best wrestling ever" and gets omega vs okada as a reference. And they watch it.. And it isn't good. They try another iwc darling match. and it isn't good either. The matches they liked? IWC says they're shit. So they decide this semen slurping sport isn't for them and spend their free time doing something else.

>Wrestling is the WCW to Youtube Celebrities WWF
fixed

How did you got Fyter Festival numbers so quickly? Does your dad work at Nintendo?

>Every kenny omega main event ever has been shit.
Have sex. Kenny Okada 1 reduced people in the crowd to tears

Those were plants you mark

And what would they like? Hogan fighting a slow as fuck match with Andre?

Yeah and Kenny Jericho 2 reduced people into tarps

nah

Attached: vegas.png (1506x1129, 2.7M)

Didn’t know they were wrestling at RAW

My dad works for Nintendo and I was in the crowd, stop imagining things chief

Except a lot of casuals heard the hype about Omega vs GOATkada and checked it out, and most seemed to enjoy it. Reaction normies on YouTube were blown away by it.

>I can't read

Yeah and pic related is the show after
You couldn't tell the difference. Wrestling is dead

Prove it or eat shit

You're right. Those c list japanese celebrities went there of their own accord and just happened to have cameras fixed on them the entire show, I'm just delusional

I wasn't talking about those c list celebrities genius

I'd take that any day over a match with great workrate. People actually cared about Andre Hogan

We are in the 1995 dead zone of wrestling right now, no one wabts to watch his shit anymore

that's a stupid show to begin with. There's not enough mexicans in NY, the only chance it had was to use AEW talent but that's not happening. I'm not going to pay to watch a glorified AAA house show in MSG. I've seen enough AAA to not give a fuck

WWE has more mainstream appeal now than it ever has before. WWE has crossover cartoons, backing by big name charities, its own category in an ESPN award show. Stop confusing mainstream appeal for popularity.

I surmise a lot of the former wrestling audience at its MNW peak simply moved to MMA. They still have a lust of violence, but especially as wrestling got more tame and nerds took over, there was no point watching fake fighting when real fighting in similar fashion existed. And it took a page out of the wrestling playbook and does the showmanship and personalities better than wrestling currently.

retarded trips are retarded

How the fuck can you claim to have appeal if noone is watching?

WWEs biggest demo is 40-60 year olds yet theyre marketing towards kids, kids dont watch TV anymore, let alone rasslin

>>NJPW: G1 Climax: Has sold 4,000 tickets in a 21,000 seat arena.
Fake news

Attached: nj.png (818x867, 136K)

Wrestling in America needs a rock or stone cold or even connor macgregor kind of star to be popular again Vince McMahon needs to be reminded it's a star driven business.

>wrestling nerd insists trash talk is the same as pro wrestling storylines
every time

Because everyone is going after the same audience and tries the same fucking formula with le match quality dream matches instead of larger than life characters in compelling storylines with the actual wrestling being just the vehicle to further stories. Casuals dont give a singlar fuck about the technical execution of a match. And thats what it has become.

Attached: pal.gif (240x180, 165K)

Lucha Underground And TNA both did character over action and fucking failed. In fact LU failed specifically because it treated wrestling as a TV show first. Putting guys in long contracts and owning the characters they played

bring back the ding-dong diddly testosterone, manliness, and interesting storylines, then you'll get the casuals back, but i don't think any of that is allowed to exist any more.

They only put 9.000 tickets on sale. Retard

TNA failed because dixie carder was a moron and let bitchoff and hogan turn it into wcw 2.0

TNA in the pre-wcw days was amazing

You proved my point. Tna In 2010 was as trashy and character driven as it could get and flopped. No onions but all shit

Imagine trying to rebuke and still utterly fail at basic maths.

trumps americans cant afford going to shows anymore

the inflation is killing the midclass

The economy has improved under Trump

>Why is American wrestling so uncool in America, bros?

It got politically correct/corporatized, there's a lot of other entertainment options and it's all bullshit at the end since it's fake.

>AEW
hotdog league
>ROH
a bunch of literally who's run by a dumb self mark funded by a propaganda network
>WWE
we're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine
and the machine is bleeding to death
>NJPW
Mexicans don't care about nip wrestling. Put this show anywhere in the Northeast and it would have sold out in minutes.

But it isn't trickling down to the people so they could spend it.

>Here's a truth
>Proceed to spew run of the mill delusional rhetoric bullshit with no evidence.
Gee, there are so many people on here letting me know the 'truth' and 'objective fact'.

It isnt but it's better desu, tude era was popular because of good talkers not because of good storylines

Lucha is not really going to get over with the casual american audience and werent they on some obscure tv channel?

TNA was at some point drawing almost SmackDown numbers currently.

Pro-wrestling sucks and Americans are based for finally realising it.

Except nobody likes that shit anymore. That's why everyone shits on WWE matches stupid boomer

People want crazy fuckery not 20 minute 'technical classic'. That Cody match was boring. 'Fallen Faggot' Christopher Daniels is boring.

Wrestling is just not popular anymore and just like skateboarding is now seeing as fag shit. Wrestling is dying a slow death and there's nothing anyone can do about it...

So it's Meltzer's fault that Vince is too retarded to fix his product and turn it around in response?

thuis

They fucked up and should've held it in SoCal or Texas. Who the fuck is going to watch a lucha show in New York?