AEW Fyter Fest Post Show Thread

how you'd rate it
what did you like
what did you not
suggestions for the next show

Attached: mox.jpg (585x332, 40K)

Didn't watch it lol

I was bored.

Remove the pre show + women's match and it was a solid 7/10 show. Good for a minor ppv

we're all in here

It was fine

The pre show was awful though

cringe and the thread was obviously full of the redditors now on this board

>the most entertaining part of the show was the WWE guy

Really makes ya think

It got better a bit as it went on but not that great. It was okay. Light 7.

Awful. Extreme Rules will shit all over it. Especially The Undertaker match.

>Rate
Give it a 8.5/10
>Liked
Leva's butt, Mox vs Janella, Akuma Kenny, Cody getting his brain scrambled
>dislikes
Jaibaily shit, the gookfu match
>suggestions
I suggest you get laid

Honestly, it was like 3/10 as far as shows go.
Coulda been a lot better, but they weren't really trying to be good.
We gotta save it up for a real ppv.

Attached: 091F6376-F3F0-4E75-8318-D8A25712DC55.jpg (750x233, 82K)

the cody match was kinda shit, the skull face kid took a beating but it was boring af

other than that it was a solid show

Moxley isn't a WWE guy retard, he learned this style in CZW. What WWE taught him is to stand faggots like Jasethy without going in a killing spree.

Moxley Janela was ok I guess. When their TV start they need some seriously intigruing storylines to keep interest and not just this NJPW style "Ill attack you after a match so now we are feuding" which works when shows are far apart.

You need weekly compelling TV with stories like who ran over Stone Cold etc. to draw casuals.

Attached: vincemac.gif (480x360, 1.12M)

the idea that Kenny snapped after ONE attack is retarded. It's not even like he killed the whole Elite, he was going insane on the last BTE not getting a sharper edge. VERY BAD BOOKING

e chads literally can't stop winning

Attached: 1558883795514.jpg (640x633, 42K)

>they’re coping already

REMINDER THAT JUNGLE BOY IS LITERALLY READY LADS

Monday Nitro. Really good serious midcard action, too much silly shit, and a good bit forgettable main event

Overall good show.

Attached: YdeFmor.jpg (607x457, 28K)

Best part was MJF, the brawl at the end and Allie's ass. Pretty lame otherwise

They need to cut the comedy gimmicks. They don't work on this grand a stage. They need to focus on getting their roster over before they start doing jokey shit like hadokens

It was boring as fuck, but the worst thing that it was the WWE type of boredom. It wasn't bad, but it was just boring. Nothing feels important, even if the announcing team tells the story behind the match. I couldn't care less about CIMA vs Daniels backstory. Cody is great. Moxley vs Janela was disappointing and I was expecting some really crazy shit, but it was just some vanilla hardcore match. The videogame shit was cringe, even if the drones say that the show itself is like a parody, it's hard to believe this is the same company that was talking about treating wrestling seriously. The Young Bucks should fucking die already. I liked both of the women's matches, I guess. It was just another show, but considering how hyped AEW is, I was expecting for more.

I give it 5 hotdogs outta 10.

If I'm keeping it real, probably 6.5 outta 10. There's wasn't much of anything to like about it. A typical outlaw wrestling show.

Their roster is really thin. While I thought the show tonight was alright I dunno how they're gonna maintain a weekly show without at least 10 more guys

Unironically 6/10. Best match probably was the triple threat tag team on the pre-show.

>sound and camera work need A LOT of work
>too many dumb shit like the body bag spot for example
>match quality was good at best.
>Hangman needs to slim down
>Women's division is not good.
>It felt rather disappointing

I give it a 7.3, they need to drop that Librarian shit asap I dunno who the target audience is but holy shit did the crowd died for that.

This was a free event during a Video Game Fighting tournament. Of course they're going to do some gaming shit.

Why the fuck is Kennys hair

2.5/10

cringe shit

>Triple tag
good match
>librarians shit
nice but needs work
>hardcore
better spots than the ME. Nakazawa is really good
>Daniels/CIMA
nice
>womens
not that good honestly
>fatalfourway
pretty interesting
>CAWDY
could've been better, ending was dumb but the chairshot saved it a little
>Streetfighter
best match of the night
>Moxley
meh, pre show was better but I guess Mox needs to take care before G1. Beatdown is building the feud.

A solid 8/10 Event

THIS is what's supposed to be competition for WWE?

Just let wrestling die.

Attached: beef.jpg (500x474, 93K)

No one put a gun to their head to do the event during a videogame tournament. They are supposed to be serious wrestling, but the only thing they keep doing is comedy shit like WWE.

Hangman really pulls of the hard hitting Stan Hansen style. The gut only adds to that

Yeah, their weekly show is fucked. They're already scrapping the bottom of the barrel in regards to the indy scene. This horrible ppv was just a preview of how bad AEW is gonna be, unfortunately.

Anyone have a webm or video of the wackyline?

It was about a 6.5/10, a mixture of boring and fun but mostly cozy. For a free show at a gaming convention it was fine, but it definitely felt more Nitro than Starrcade.

*in the US.

NJPW and CMLL are doing just fine.

Show was OK. Not bad, but not really mind blowing. Honestly, Mox and Omega are the only guys I'm exited about so far. They need that extra something to really propel them to the next level.

Ill just wait patiently from them to get the big gears rolling. Only hope, literally for some good old school big alpha male rasslin and not some semen slurping spotfests with cruiserweights.

Attached: nwa-corgan-696x392.jpg (696x392, 41K)

Don't tell me Brose is still using that shitty ass moveset?!

Same shit, different company. Lame.

Should've had moxley cost him the match with Jericho if he's going to chimp out like that

You don't need a lot of wrestlers to fill a weekly. See how WWE uses the same fuckers every week and people seems to like it because they keep watching and flooding the board with shit

>AEW: we're a serious fed where wins and losses matter with a sports atmosphere
>also AEW: video game references and meme spots out the ass

So how outlaw was this show?

You're expecting too much from eli drake

I don't see the relation between doing videogame references and wins and loses not mattering

OH NO NO NO

Even Meltz is turning on them. Its over AEWtists.

Attached: GWZR4vZ[1].png (640x278, 30K)

Dallas is sure doing fine.

NWA's momentum died long ago.

I thought it was a good time, it's a lot rougher than WWE presentation wise, and not all the matches were great but I enjoyed myself immensely and the last few matches were good shit.

Crowd was hot the whole event minus the Library shit, even the Nakazawa match had the crowd into it

no fucking shit, the Librarians was godawful

>with a sports atmosphere

Needs more single matches. More star power. Moxley/Janella was cool, but should have gone on longer. Also, where TF was Jericho?

Again, in the US. Who gives a fuck about NJPW's US expansion? They're doing perfectly fine back home.

Eli Drake, Aldis, Jocephus, (most likely Bram and Royce Isaacs), Crimson, Jax Dane, James Storm, Colt Cabana, (PCO and Brody King are their tag champs dunno if they are exclusive to ROH tho)

Also Billy has talked about the exciting part how much unknown talent there is waiting to be built. Praises Heymans ability to get the best out of everyone.

People forget the most important thing, Moxley and Cody made two new guys tonight and put them over huge. That's what stand's out the most.

Great for a b show. Good way to spend a Saturday night. If the weekly tv is close to this I'll be satisfied.

I can tell you right now that the only match that mattered on tonights show was the triple threat tag match.
Every other match on the card felt like a random exhibition match and i can guarentee you they wont mean shit down the line.

This show was like going to Whoville. I didnt know like 80% of this roster and after seeing them wrestle I didnt care to know more. I know AEW has the manlet meme but Cody legit wrestled a dude that weighs a 150lb.I mean wtf. The fucking kids gimmick is cringe as fuck. He comes out with what i thought was a banner and was told it was a bodybag? Why would you have this kid AND Jimmy Cringe Havoc on your roster at the same time? They're interchangeable. I guess it's in case on breaks. AEW roster is thin and just full of shit tier gimmicky faggots. Watching Hangman fight against a group of skinny jobbers was just fucking silly and I can just imagine when this is the weekly slate of action

It was a good show that showcased what they could bring to the table on a weekly cable platform.

Not to mention the weekly TV shows will have much more promo work and talking, too.

Their real momentum hasnt even started because they are only at the beginning.

>SCU v. Private Party v. Best Friends
best match of the night but Chuck Taylor needs to lose weight
>Nakazawa v. Jebailey
Decent for a comedy match. Nakazawa carried it of course.
>Leva Bates v. Allie
asskino but otherwise bad
>Christopher Daniels v. CIMA
outright bad
>Riho v. Yuka v. Nyla
Good start, shaky middle, great ending. Yuka was way off, Riho was OK, Nyla carried the match. Looked like the ropes were too slack, hurting Yuka's maneuvers. Pretty good overall for a women's match.
>Page v. Havok v. Jungle Boy v. MJF
Good match. Probably the 2nd best of the night.
>Cody v. Darby Allin
Did a great job of establishing Darby's character but god did it drag for the first half. Loved the finish but overall only a decent match.
>Elite v. Lucha Bros/Laredo Kid
Could have been great, tainted by stupid young bucks meme spots and video game shit. Only ended up OK.
>Moxley vs. Janela
pretty average deathmatch

Commentary was average. Presentation was OK. A pretty decent event overall, especially considering it was free.

why don't you just browse reddit instead?

JR?

>No one put a gun to their head to do the event during a videogame tournament.
Actually I think that's basically what happened, this is Kenny's show from last year upgraded to a AEW show by association. Vague gaming shit was reported as being part his the deal when he signed and Tony Khan said on Austin's podcast this wasn't one of his 'planned' shows like All Out and FFTF. Converting gamers into wrestling fans is Kenny's endgame for better or worse.

Jesus Christ

Thiissssssssssss. Especially the point about Havoc and Allin. They’re both tiny little goof goth fucks. Make them a tag team or let one (or just both) go

I know you're not talking about allin, right?
That kid looked like a complete loser and coming out of the match only sean spears was put over as someone to watch out for.

7/10
+ Unsanctioned Match
+ The Elite vs Lucha Bros
+ Yuka being best girl
+ They kept Page strong with
another win heading into All Out
- Darby needed way more offense
- Yuka not winning

fyter fest was like masterbating with a cheese grater - slightly amusing, but mostly painful

if Yea Forums wanted competition, this ain't it

Cody coulnd't put him away. Maybe pay attention next time.

You have a point, they should have based gimmicks like WWEs based grouchy long hair brunette beard man #12

It was ok
Women's triple threat and Mox/janela were my favorites
The librarian shit and super smash Bros were cringe
The video segments were cringe
AAA vs aew 6 man was alright, had some fun stuff and some real dumb stuff
The 3* general does it again

Honestly they need to cut all this outlaw shit and stop getting those shitters just because they are friends, should just get the impact main eventers and the roster would be solid

was this ppv? i missed it.

Who cares lmao. He got his ass beat for 20 minutes and looked like a fucking SIMP. If he actually went over Cody after all that it would have mattered, but he didn’t. He just kicked out one last time then was completely forgotten about to push Cody’s match with Le 10 Man

Also no ayayayayayayay so that drops it down to 5/10

It was boring. It wasn't any better than an average WWE PPV.

By one second, cody had the match won. he never looked to be in serious danger.
Doesn't help that allin looks like a fucking child, way too small to be taken seriously.

Sorry but I'd take Drew McIntyre over Monkey Boy any day of the week. Get a clue, indyfag.

cant wait to hear Cornette bury this garbage. The only good thing about AEW

it was free on Bleacher Report's in the US

goldenboy should be their third announcer full time

You're not wrong, but its never gonna happen. AEW is doomed to be full of shitters putting on shit matches.

did not watch

>upvoted
go back

thanks for reply

I remember the pre show to DoN being god awful too. I was cringing the entire hour. I'm glad the main show was way better.

Why did so many people on this show get their good themes replaced with shitty new ones? I hate it.

Attached: 1458059948578.png (500x492, 220K)

Nah, it's just hard to shit post on a product that is actually fun to watch.

I thought it was decent. Sloppy but it's a new company so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. But Moxley/Janela should have been a big match and the fact they gave it away for free is a bad sign.

E-drones have a loyal cult who grew up watching it and will never leave despite how awful it may be. I don't watch wrestling weekly any more, but if you wanted me to there should be variety every week. The fact WWE couldn't provide that while providing too much filler content turned me off of it.

>Also no ayayayayayayay

what's up with that, why did they changed Yuka's theme?

>matches were a random series of spots
>matches were botchfests
>roster is mostly skinny indie dweebs
>"comedy"
>amateur camerawork/intros/music

this company is not going to defeat wwe, and I don't know how the fuck they're going to pull off a weekly show

Definitely their worst show by far, but not going to judge too harshly unless the next couple don't deliver.

>"Too much silly shit"

Watches WWE.

it was licensed to use 1 time until their music producer could finish a track for her

Yeah, but I don't have my entire fucking life to wait for them.

A few more months and more talent will be available. Between that factor and the TV deal, WWE will get f'D like soft veal

might be a song rights thing

that's a bummer

I said it in the other thread but how do these idiots actually think a sold chair shot is somehow worse then getting punched repeatedly in the face with protected fists like combat sports? Or the bazillions of bumps that wrestlers take all the time including common ones like a flat back bump?

Attached: 6DE495B3-0C31-4089-8B27-D19BC72FA970.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Please man dont do this nonsense of deflecting from either side. WWE has it's carny bullshit too and everyone calls them out on it. The fucking pancake tossing and No Way jose fucking shaking maracas before eating a finisher is retarded. And I honestly didnt think it could get worse until I saw fucking Darby Anus or whatever the fuck his name is wrestling. "I paint half my face because 50% of me is dead"? When can we finish off the other 50%? I feel like the young cucks are recruiting these guys as their shopping at Hot Topic. At least WWE gets some characters right and we cringe to see if they fail but they start right. Brays new persona. Aliester Black. There's some cool characters. And then AEW tells you 'No we're more serious. Here check out Jungle Boy and his pet dino friend man".

Wasnt Kenny the one booking this show?

>this company is not going to defeat wwe
They never wanted to. Because anyone that thinks that is a moron. If you'd ever think that someone with a shred of common sense thinks that AEW can "defeat" WWE, than you are maybe even stupider.

This show felt somewhat of a mix of WCW/ECW. I liked it.

anyone agree?

Still doesn't sound like serious wrestling to me. Look, I'm not even a fan of wrestling being treated as a sport, I'm more of a deathmatch fan, but All Elite Drones can't defend this shit anymore.

Also YIPES, Rynge, and Justin Wong being hype for everything at ringside was another highlight

Can't imagine DDT would be playing hardball about it when they're getting free us exposure, she sings her own theme song ffs

moronic pay for the music it's good

Fire the bucks and get Billy Corgan and cornette to book this outlaw fed

3/10
I don't feel like writing a whole review, but the entire event was actually worse than I had been expecting from AEW. highlight was Cody getting legit caught by that chair. lowlight was the state of the roster. It's like 2/3s skinny twinks with terrible facials and apparently no idea how to structure a match.

No.
He was the main conduit between CEO and AEW.
People who book matches normally booked them as they did it for DON.

Felt like tna to me

>They never wanted to

this is an unprecedented level of cope as everything they've done and talked about is defeating wwe

Attached: 1541650017041.gif (200x200, 3.9M)

I disagree on Darby. The commentary team did a great job on building him up as a low-threat ironman who will do everything to come up on top against the world and overly convincing offense would undermine that. I thought Cody did a good job of making him look legit but not quite legit enough to take down big guys. Was a big fan of the finish of that match.

You're high af

>Cody getting legit caught with that chair
He was bleeding from the opposite side of the head from where he got hit, it was a blade job

WWE is gonna defeat itself lol

Too much video game shit. Ronda Rousey doing the Sonya cosplay was ok, but this fucking event there was a video game reference every 15 minutes. Cringe as fuck.

Attached: nasal-irrigation.jpg (650x400, 62K)

Attached: 1561860265059.png (936x460, 603K)

>Actually thinking Brays character is cool.

Yowie Wowie Faggot.

It should help when they get LAX

Compared to a poz infected 150lb runaway who is larping as the Crow? yes. Brays video segments have been kino shit. Stop coping and face reality

The pre show stuff and the headshot were the turn off. Actually the pre show had some good in the first match then the two following were bad. The main show was very good but that headshot is a fucking no no for me

I get that point of view too and I understand what they were going for but it just felt way too one-sided for me.

Didnt watch it because I am a heterosexual with self respect.

>AEW can "defeat" WWE, than you are maybe even stupider.
AEW doesn't need to "defeat" the WWE, they're doing a pretty good job of that on their own.

>cope

Where's this explosion of talent magically gonna come from ya simp?

And don't say wwe. Let's ignore everyone stuck in contracts and all the latest resignings. Let's say guys like Roode, Axel, Daivari, etc. shake loose. You honestly think they're gonna stop being shitters in the ring just cause the ring curtain says "AEW"?

The roster now is as good as it's ever gonna get especially when all the decent developmental wrestlers go thru NXT now. No new talent being made, no old talent being sold... AEW is FUCKED.

Attached: stay in school kid.gif (500x285, 294K)

What did you expect from a AEW x CEO event of course it will be filled with vidya references, some of you really are retarded

>The commentary team did a great job on building him up
The first thing they mentioned was his uncle dying in a car crash. I dont know if it was kayfabe or real and either way I didnt give a fuck because the faggot is walking around using his Batman voice with half his face painted like he was doing A Nightmare Before Christmas the musical

Felt like high production quality indy show to me

man that preshow was trash and I'm looking forward to more aew. even my wife was cringing

I would hope he's memeing. Can't be that stupid. It was a co-sponsor event.

>Especially The Undertaker match.

Attached: pepe000202.jpg (660x574, 31K)

I agree. Strong WCW vibes.

Apparently this guy hasn't seen Monkey Boy. He's the next HBK according to aewfags.

And it's bot even just the talent. It's the direction too. Just like the complaints about the WWE underusing talent AEW seems to have theres doing the same gimmicky bullshit. If Hangman is the number one contender why is he in a fucking 4 way match with 3 jobbers who are all at least 75lbs lighter than him with a dinosaur at ringside? And if youre going to do that match to build him have him fucking squash them for gods sake. You're telling the number one contender was having trouble with fucking Jungle Boy? he's going for the championship but a cosplaying fluffer is giving him trouble?

you need to vary your posting, tranny

Well that "librarian" gimmick was some of the lamest shit I've ever seen. It's not even a "so bad it's good" gimmick, it's just some dumb shit that I wish I hadn't seen. The following match wasn't too good either. I loved the rest of the show, though.

They need some gigantic dudes that look like wrestlers. Not everyone needs to be, yada yada yada, I get it. But having a few would help a lot.

I felt that way about DON. It felt ROH with a budget. This felt worse to me. this felt like something you would see at a literal carnival at six flags or something with a budget.

if that gimmick isn't doa I have no faith in this company
crowd hated it, viewers hated it.

All these onions boys triggered over a chair shot.

Attached: 1550802257983.gif (300x169, 1.35M)

Yeah, they all look like midcarders at best

Sorry didnt see any Scott Halls, Lex Lugers, Hogans, Macho Mans, Goldbergs, Giants, Stings

I liked most of the show, the lowest point definitely had to be the librarian thing. Less librarian at the next one, please.

He fucking makes Adam Cole look like Drew McIntyre

Seriously. aewfags are so retarded. They spend all their time shitting on Bischoff and in the same breath say...

>"AEW is just like WCW, it's gonna be great!!"

Honestly, how can these fucking simps be so non-selfaware?

They should get killer cross,Brian Cage and moose

that coffin drop on the apron made me ding-dong diddly cringe out of my skin

somebody post a webm

I agree but they need more than a few. Because as it is either those guys are going to be feuding with themselves exclusively or everyone is going to be jobbing to them.

This.
They're doing too much goofy shit that weighs down the product. The women's match should have been a squash. The oily Japanese faggot should have set himself ablaze to never be seen again. The emo overseller didn't live up to the hype. The librarian bitch should have been tossed into the pool, lol. The Young Cucks are talented yet charisma less spot monkeys.

They're gonna need more than cringey indie shit to survive. You're not going get a lot of eyeballs doing carny gimmicks and flippy shit.

I didn't watch it. Was based Yipes on commentary?

cause they're all idiots. all AEW fans.
ya gotta be an utter idiot to be entertained by that show tonight, it was literally cold boogers served on a paper plate (I even lost interest in shitposting it was so lame).

Can someone explain why people absolutely love the Young Bucks? I don’t hate them but don’t see the absolute mega hype they get.

Felt like a WCW show from 2000

I think their sights are set at catering to the geeky audience. They sure as hell arent going to capture the regular lapsed WWE fan with this shit no matter what Mr. Khan thinks.

You clearly never watched a show from then if you really think that.

>how you'd rate it
8/10
>what did you like
mostly everything
>what did you not
librarian
>suggestions for the next show
no librarian

Meltzer said they were good

>I think their sights are set at catering to the geeky

Absolutely this and not just because tomight was at a video game convention.

Ironically they are going to turn some of them away because sold chair shots to the head are apparently the end of the world for some reason. I’m honestly surprised more people don’t complain that blood/hardcore matches/etc. are “problematic”.

At least wcw had steiner, this fed has nothing

Wasn't their whole gimmick based on DX?

It's funny how aewcucks will hate on HHH, Michael's, etc. but idolize two jabronis who imitate them unironically.

Attached: DxrgbwEV4AAzQsC.jpg (1200x675, 142K)

They've reached that point for outlaw marks where it's cool to like them because it's cool to like them. They've literally been doing the same exact shtick for years and years now on the indies so they've become a sorta outlaw institution.

You know Jim Cornette said it best on his podcast about DON. Vince is not worried about this company, and I know the fanboys will reeee at that but like he said. If you look at just the Cody vs Dustin match and they told you this was AEW you'd go "Oh shit ok. Looks legit" but then if someone showed you the Battle Royale with the tranny, faggot and legless fuck wrestling and they told you it was the same company and that Battle Royale was for a shoit at the title you'd just run and say you're never watching that outlaw horseshit again. And then here comes Fyghter Fest and doubles down on the carny horseshit.

Give it time.
WWE bought every single good wrestler these last 4 years
In two years AEW will be filled with bitter angry hungry wrestlers. Literally the spark that fueled Austin

with the receded hairlines and the doughy physique and the under 5'7 I assume the aew crowds self insert

If you like it download the shows now because theyre not going to last on the air long. You can host them on Dailymotion afterwards

>old boomer's shouting at clouds who couldn't even booker better than Russo
opinion discarded ;)

AEW isn't trying to appeal to boomers. WWE already has that locked up.

>with bitter angry hungry wrestlers
So in 2 years im going to see an angry bitter Jungle Boy? or Darby Anus? They're already 120lbs each. theyre starving now. In 2 years theyre going to be fucking corpses. Besides the fact WWE is signing everyone to a 5 years deal, AEW is not going to see these free agents. They need to recruit their own stars

Enjoyed the show BUT PLEASE get rid of the librarian shit. Even Meltzer hated it.

Then who are they trying to appeal to man? Wrestling has lost fans for years and youre telling me this cringe shit is going to sell? To who? Hipsters? SJW's? SJW hipsters? Those are fickle demographics man. Mainstream people are not going to watch this sideshow

6/10. I was entertained for the most part, except the tag match the pre show was really bad. In-ring was fine but nowhere near NJPW standard. They need to drop the librarian shit and the super smash brothers. And I guess Cody is going the Gaytch route of having the longest matches on the show when they have better workers than him.

Dallas isn't an issue anymore with the card announced, NJPW sold 5,000 tickets in the UK too and the Aussie show the other day pulled a decent sized crowd, keep seething tho.

If that's what the weekly shows are going to be relatively wise, then it's miles better than the E. They just have to tone down the silly shit.

I just want to watch non-geeks violently battle over man-drama and their place in the business hierarchy. Why WWE and AEW fail? 2000 - 2005 was my fav WWE time. I'm hoping AEW will bring that ruthless aggression area back SRS. We all know WWE wont lol.

This

There are hundreds of outlaw feds that appeal to non-boomers and yet none of them could crack the mainstream on their own. If AEW insists on being no different from the average zoomer-pandering outlaw promotion then their money mark will leave them high and dry when the hype wears off and so will TNT when they see the ratings are shit and will never get better.

I'm not seething but you got worked.

You're delusional if you think a months worth of these types of shows are not going to grate. And how can you tone down the silly shit when 80% of your roster are gimmicky 100lb faggots? They have Jericho, Hangman, Omega, Cody, Mox, and fucking Dustin I guess. Those are legit acts

This was your average wwe main event show

it appeals to me, it appeals to my friends
my 50+ year old aunt who used to watch wrestling watched it with her kids and they fucking loved it
they said "this is what wrestling is supposed to be"

Only two persons on the roster are comedy wrestlers. Nakazawa doesnt count because he's actually over with the audience.

Are the morons running this not thinking a few months down the line when they cant do deathmatches every week and take spine apron bumps on the regular? Hire some fucking actually decent REGULAR WRESTLERS outside of Kenni.

By "silly" shit I mean the comedy stuff that you usually get from Vince and his retards. Nothing to do with gimmicks if they're done right.

>blahblahblah me no like, here me play future reader with speculations about blahblahblah
fact: they outdrew stomping ground, raw and smackdown for a "house show"

they're doing just fine.

why are you only legit if you're heavy?

>imitate them unironically.
they imitate them ironically

The show was okay. I would put it on par with early 90s WCW. Overall still better than WWE shit, but if Heyman and Bischoff get a good deal of creative power going forward, then that can change.

Then God bless the fact that its contained in your circle and none of you are booking shit for any company because the mainstream wrestling fan and the mainstream in general arent asking for this product and never have. And if you're going to be on TNT, that is who you are hoping to reach

no it wasn't, i wasn't bored to sleep

>lol I ain't gots no reading comprehension
I know, retard. I know.

No, Goldenboy was. Yipes, Rynge and Justin Wong were front row marking out the entire night though.

>but if Heyman and Bischoff get a good deal of creative power going forward, then that can change.
Change how? By bankrupting the E? Heyman and Bischoff haven't done a thing to warrant any kind of faith in their ability to turn the company around. Everywhere they've been they've failed spectacularly.

>Only two persons on the roster are comedy wrestlers
Which two? The legless guy, and the faggot? So oiled asian doesnt count? And neither does dinosaur man and jungle boy? And Jimmy Cringe? And Darby Anus? You really think anyone is taking those fuckers serious on their own let alone when you put them in the ring with a Mox or Hangman?

ur just speculating a possible future based on your bias for big wet dudes bro. they don't have that so you're throwing a fit. the product isn't for you. move on. that doesn't mean there isn't an audience out there. proof is in the aforementioned fact i just dropped

You should know that your tastes do not line up with other people.
And you still think that your tastes represents mainstream, don't you?

None of the gimmicks are done right mate. None. Every gimmick is just that a gimmick. It might work in the indies so youre not pale manlet #46 but in terms of an actual company backed by a billionaire it doesnt cut it.

legless guy is not on the roster
faggot is on the roster
Jungle Boy is not comedy roster
Jimmy Havoc is not comedy
Darby Allin is not comedy
Can you please continue?

well yea the mainstream in general isn't asking for any wrestling product
maybe some will come back but i doubt many if any
the people who are looking for a new wrestling product are WWE fans and former fans, because that shit is unwatchable
anyone i know who was watching a year or 6 months ago has quit

Yes, you know what then "mainstream wrestling fans" want. You obviously do.
Because people from the past (20 and more years ago) told you what current mainstream potential fan wants.

Theyre legit if theyre fighting another man their size or have the wrestling ability to make you suspend disbelief to make you think they could shoot out manuever the bigger guy. None of those cucks have that. And they were exposed the minute they got in the ring with anyone who was bigger than them and could wrestle. That Hangman match should have been a squash it was so embarrassing

Who are the gimmicks? Because the guys you've listed have no gimmicks as far as I'm aware. Jericho is heel, that's as far as you can describe him. Omega is probably gonna turn into the "Cleaner" again, which is a heel. Moxley is a tweener, etc. I don't see any real gimmicks here.

There was a show on?

Attached: pepefroggie.jpg (800x450, 40K)

>YOU'RE JUST SPECULATING ON THEIR FUTURE
>THE EXACT SAME THING I'M GOING
Please go be a fucking moron somewhere else. AEW, as of right now, is nothing more than a glorified outlaw promotion with tons of hype and a deep pockets money mark behind it. And once that hype wears off (oh and it will) they'll need to become something MORE because as we all know outlaw indie shit doesn't draw in the mainstream BECAUSE it's outlaw indie shit. Cornette is wrong on a lot of things, but he is absolutely right when he says if they want to become and stay a mainstream promotion beyond the hype they need to ACT like a mainstream promotion and that cringey outlaw shit that only appeals to outlaw fans ain't gonna cut it.

> Yuka was way off, Riho was OK, Nyla carried the match.

Bitch, Nyla was the one getting carried, is this your first wrestling show?

ITT: Cuckolds + Basedbοys

Yea I'm wrong. what do I know? My taste is my own. Im sure this will be the new hotness. Hell if it is great for those who enjoy it and you can have your preferred cola to drink. But we'll see when the show hits the air and 6 months pass. maybe 3.

you don't see any gimmicks because you've barely watched and don't want to see anything

I didnt say jerhico was a gimmick. i said they have 1 total of 5 guys who arent gimmicks. but again whatever man. Enjoy your show for as long as it lasts. If it goes off the air Im sure youll be on here making threads about how stupid everyone was for not liking it.

>hype they need to ACT like a mainstream promotion and that cringey outlaw shit that only appeals to outlaw fans ain't gonna cut it.
What is your definition of "acting like a mainstream promotion". Like WWE? Selling t-shirts for babies?

>everybody says Cody's blood was a blade job
>MJF ran out to help, blowing his heel status
>cody needed 12 stitches

MJF a hero?

what wrestling promotion are you into?

>MJF ran out to help, blowing his heel status

he is a jew ass kissing the boss, he didn't blow anything

It was an okay show, nothing more nothing less. Can't wait to see what they're gonna do for 52 episodes a year but its gonna be fun finding out.

>What is your definition of "acting like a mainstream promotion".
Cutting out the cringey outlaw bullshit which is what I said. Or, at the very least, toning it down considerably.

They need Jim Johnston or some others cos most of the music is unmemorable trash. Plus it seems a bit quieter than in the E'. Plus pyro looked like dollar store pyro.

he's ass-kissed Cody all along, this is nothing new

No fun allowed.

ok Cornette

Good point, MJF still a hero though.

So turn it into another souless corporation that promotes sketches instead of wrestling? No thanks.

Then just watch WWE, brother.

>wrestling

it was a soulless series of random spots

Dude I honestly watch bits of everything, I grew up with Saturday Night Main Event staying up late with my brothers and barely understanding what was happening. I was there for RAW, I watched WCW but wasnt the biggest fan of it. I've watched NJPW and ROH. I even tuned into Impact to see what the fuck it was like. I tried this because it was new and it's wrestling and why not. But this as constructed is not for me. It's more silly than wrestling actually is. This isnt 80's silly. The 80's even with Warrior or Macho Man or Brutus Beefcake those guys played it straight. This comes off to me like the backyard wrestling craze that i thought was a shit show. People pretending to be pretending to wrestle.It's like watching your little brothers pretend to wrestle in the backyard to me. But that's my taste. And I have my other shit to watch so again hope it stays around for you

So going by the comments here and in other threads (and even accounting for samefags), the consensus by my fellow aspies is that Fyter Fest.... SUCKED.

Having just finished watching it, I agree. I'm proud of Yea Forums. Y'all do a lot of console wars, but when a show is shit... you call it shit.

fyi - I scanned reddit and they're taking a diarrhea dump all over it too. Yikes!

i get you man, and fair enough, but i think you need to keep in mind the crowds they've been playing to
this show was for a bunch of video game nerds at a fighting game competition, some of who might not even be wrestling fans

That spacing
>I scanned reddit
Not surprised. Now go back you s󠀀oyboy

boomerfags who watch AEW need to off themself violently

AEW doesn't belong to you, old man

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-02-08-at-11.52.00-PM.png (599x405, 264K)

Its not a boomer promotion so who cares about ur opinion u old shit? Lol

Why do edrones feel so threatened?

Why cant we have some decent discussion on this forgotten by god board

AEW has shown competency with presenting a good range of styles so far:
>Joshi
>Hardcore
>Memphsis
>Tag-team
>Comedy
They've demonstrated they can do big shows. Now I want to see them go for the really, really big show in like a stadium. But I'm really interested in seeing how they will do episodic TV.

everyone here is brain dead and "the culture" is to be a negative piece of shit

AEW needs to be less silly, let Cena and the E boys do that whole kidy thing, and focus on bringing back some integrity

who is the hottest chick AEW has?

I diagree man. Thats PR bullshit. IF WWE, ROH, TNA, NJPW or any promotion had a shit show and people tried to say it was because it was being hosted alongside something else it wouldnt fly. First because they werent forced to do that they choose it. And second because at the end of the day at a wrestling show it's judged on the wrestling action and the performers and nothing else. Videogames are not niche anymore. It's mainstream as movies and music and anything else. This isnt the early 90's or something where gaming was a secluded demographic. They had an esports event man. Gaming is so big it's a fucking sport now. So that doesnt fly with me. And again if no one told me there was a gaming event I wouldnt have cared or bothered because I wanted to see a good wrestling show and it didnt deliver for me. Not one match. I get the whole WWE having competition means we get more choice but I want BETTER choices. not just ANOTHER choice thats lackluster as fuck. That doesnt help me at all. You can be a fan of a promotion sure but we're all wrestling fans no? So thats how shit should be judged. On the content not the fact some PR faggot is telling me it's different therefor it's better.

NJPW has the "integrity"
AEW seems to be going for a mix of a whole bunch of different wrestling styles

I don't have my hopes up for Fight for the Fallen thats for sure.

I'm glad. If you like the show drink the koolaid until you die a frothy death with hot pocket in hand. Im not part of some numale army for a fucking wrestling company. I want to be entertained.

Brandi

Attached: 129-7805-22062.gif (250x168, 494K)

Mixing a bunch of shit together doesnt always get you gumbo. Sometimes you just end up with a pot of stirred shit.

They've been brainwashed for almost two decades now.

Loved how Dean Moxley threw Janella feet first on the thumbtacks lol

Darby Anus

I liked the Bucks/Omega entrance. I didn't like the vidya shit carrying over into the match. Mox and Joey put on a pretty safe deathmatch, but it was effective. The foot spot gave me flashbacks to Die Hard. Cody taking the headshot was based and I'm interested to see where that goes. Hot Topic kid was not impressive at all and made me cringe when he decided to break his spine on the ring apron. If this was an episode of weekly TV I would say it was a solid show. I had higher expectations though. DoN was great, this was sort of meh. I'm not jumping ship yet, but the next show and All Out need to be better to convince me to tune in for TNT.

Attached: 4000hoursinphotoshop.jpg (1000x707, 99K)

And now you get a chance to be brainwashed by another company. Hurrah!

yeah, I'm surprised, everybody hated it. all well.

They can't afford it. Can't expect a little Indy fed to be able to pay for music rights.

Why is everyone crying about the chair headshot?

How much of a fucking faggot do you have to be to not like the Moxley Cawdy and Bucks matches? They were all 3 great, idgaf about the rest.

Attached: 131342535.jpg (1106x1012, 70K)

What in god's name gave you the idea I was trying to defend it as 'serious wrestling'? I thought it was as dumb as anyone else, I was just telling you why the show took place in a gaming convention and why they were appealing to that audience. It's literally Kenny's whole M.O. and part of why he signed.

You dumb

a huge faggot
the kind who's into something like modern day WWE, which is a children's show

8/10
A lot better than what I was expecting from a house show. They've still got some work to do but I like what I've seen so far.

they're admitting it wasn't a blade job by admitting the chair was "gimmicked" but didn't work when it cut him. that and the fact that you can see the chunk of skin hanging that wouldn't be the result of a blade

yea man that AEW show was adult as fuck. People cursed. They used the finger. Guys used weapons. There was a dinosaur man and an oiled fag. I felt like I was watching a new season of True Detective it was so adult.

speaking of adults and children....
you sound like a child who's trying to show the adults what a big boy you are

Numales squeal at violence and it's very problematic

Women’s match was shoot the best thing on the card

You are thirsty as hell senpai

Why did they have a "pre-show" for a free show?

Sarcasm isnt picked up in your spectrum of autism huh? Tragic. Go to bed and no hot pockets tomorrow

Attached: DvM0gDMX0AAVt--.jpg (517x411, 24K)

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: T WORD.jpg (1122x631, 94K)

So if anyone likes it on Yea Forums they're from Reddit? Have sex faggot

Jesus do these cucks wrap themselves in morality shields?

Based jungle boy will run that joshi locker room amuck

Only reason you think they're "scrapping the bottom of the barrel" is because all you watch is WWE you faggot

>triple threat tag
Mostly fine, had some decent spots, loved that SSP from whoever the Private party dude was. Fucking hate Chuck Taylor though, Dark Order shit post match was garbage. 3/5
>Allie vs Bates
sSandard womens match, paid more attention to asses, dumb finish. I had major concerns with this librarian gimmick months ago and still have those concerns now; very worried about everyone not named MJF about character development. 1.5/5
>Jebailey vs Nakazawa Harcore match
I'm not gonna give this a rating because Jebailey isn't a wrestler. I had fun watching it, not gonna take it seriously. This better not be a regular thing though.
>Daniels vs CIMA
Felt like a typical Impact X-Division match. Cool stuff, but not really that interesting. 2/5
>Women's triple threat
None of these women really know how to work with Rose, just a bad clash of styles in this. Below average work from Yuka tonight, Riho was on par. Made better by a few creative spots. 2/5.
>Fatal 4-way
I got this as the match of the night, MJF killed his prematch promo, Jungle Boy got some good pops and is clearly on the upswing, Page was solid, Havok was there to eat the pin. Would've preferred to see Jungle Boy get a win but I get keeping Page strong. 3.75/5.
>Cody vs Darby
This was on pace to be another 3 star general match, but that Coffin Fall to the apron followed by that fucking body bag spot pissed me off. Don't have an opinion about the post match stuff because give a shit about 10-Man. 2/5
>6 Man
This is a 3 star match that is gonna get overrated to 4 because of the people involved. I'm fine with playing to the audience, but they overdid it here. 3/5.
>Moxley vs Janela
Typical deathmatch, nothing egregiously stupid or exciting happened here, felt like it was dragging. 2.5/5.
20/40 + Unrated Jebailey/Nakazawa

I hope they ditch that library shit and just let Leva be Leva

I don't like jon minoxidil's hairline

God I hope Cornette reviews this like he did for double and nothing

>pander to Sensitive Joss Whedons
>surprised when they act sensitive

Yes

Didn't watch it desu

>God, I hope Gaynette fucks me in the ass like he used to.

How did Cody bleed from the back and right of his head when the chair hit him from the front and left?

there's a good picture out there showing the seat back of the chair catching him on the back of the head

I don't think AEW pandered to that audience as well. That's all on E and the feminized soiboy audience they have created.

>how do we build hype for the next show?
>how about the lowest of lowcarders from the wwe brains our top guy with a chair for no reason

lol just lol

>20/40
What kinda brainlet shit is a rating being out of 40?

all outs gon be lit yall imma go crazy fo ma man moxley

First of all, I just added up all the available stars for the night. 8 matches, 40 possible stars, only gave out 20. If you couldn't figure that out, you shouldn't be the one throwing out the word brainlet.
Second of all, worked.

>sitting watching a show larping as Meltzer
have sex please

Not a fan. Got molested as a kid. Volcel life ain't that bad.

This show only served to hurt their momentum and the goodwill they had built up from the previous show. If they wanted to do a house show at a video game con, they shouldn't have broadcast it. This show exposed them badly.

Fucking onions boys at it again. We can't have nice things..

Nigga this a FREE house show at a GAMING tournament. I definitely would've liked the show more without the librarian shit, I'm glad it was preshow. The SF stuff in the 3v3 was on point. It perfectly catered to the audience, got a huge pop, exactly what they wanted and needed for the crowd they had.

6/10, cut out the comedy/meme shit

comedy/meme shit is literally aew

Then I don't think this semen slurping promotion is for me

Was watching the Gold Cup since there is nothing good left to watch in wrestling besides lucha desu.

Attached: 1560391977404.gif (800x600, 894K)

Impact is on the rise, fuck them other guys OWWWWWWWLLLLLLLL GAAAAAAAAANNNNNGGGGG

Attached: A57E5079-FDC9-4E1D-8D2F-856195183AC8.jpg (400x400, 23K)

Good show, not amazing and definitely not on the level of DON but better than a lot of recent WWE stuff.
Idk why when they have one alright show everyone is going crazy saying they're dead and this show was a total disaster, like it's their second show of all time let them find their footing and get adjusted to things.
Fight for the fallen will be ok and I have high hopes for All Out.

The tranny using the Steiner recliner upset me desu. Also, are there no porno trannys willing to bump their necks to sawdust?

they need killer kross and his bitch ASAP

>AEW is so fucking over on Yea Forums that a fucking post-game thread is hitting bump limit

Kek

Attached: 197645657.png (720x740, 1004K)

i only watched joey janela vs. mox because meltzer hyped it up as must-see

honestly it was a little flat. janela doesn't look like a believable wrestler. i saw him struggling to pick up a table. DEAN is obviously coasting on name recognition only, he can't wrestle a legit indie style for shit. other than the thumbtacks to the feet i feel like i've seen that match a thousand times before.

>SCU vs Best Friends vs Private Party
Great match for an opener. Everybody went hard, they told a story in the ring (SCU and Best Friends not respecting Private Party), got Private Party over with the crowd and made them look good, made Best Friends look strong going into All Out. Post match bit with Dark Order was goofy as fuck, should've just left it at the video package. The lights-out shit was awkward and poorly times and killed the crowd.
>Allie vs Leva Bates
This librarian shit is the drizzling shits. I could not tell what the fuck was going on when Leva came out and Peter Avalon was suddenly acting like he was pissed off for some reason. Allie looked sort-of okay in the match but Leva fucking sucks. This librarian gimmick needs to die fast.
>Nakazawa vs Jebailey
Comedy match for the CEO crowd. Match sucked but nobody expected it to be anything more than a gimmick comedy bullshit match so who cares
>CIMA vs Christoper Daniels
Solid match. Nothing crazy, nothing special, just a good match the keep the crowd going. CIMA is still a beast.
>Riho vs Yuka vs Nyla Rose
Good match, much better than expected. Was fully expecting Nyla to slow this match down and drag the Joshis down with her, but she actually did a good job in her role. Couple of botches from the Joshis but other than that they looked great and got over with the crowd.
>Hangman vs MJF vs Jimmy Havoc vs Jungle Boy
MJF is a future goddamn star. Hangman looked good in the match but other than didn't do anything special (and didn't really need to). Jungle Boy got some great early opportunities to show his stuff, he's got a ton of potential. Certainly still needs work but he's a great get for the future and already over huge with the females. Jimmy Havoc may as well have not been in the match at all, he didn't do shit.

>Cody vs Darby Allin
Decent match by itself, but a really bad fit for a throwaway show like this. The purpose was obviously to introduce Allin to the audience and show off his character, which they did pretty well. The problem was the match itself went on too long with nothing much happening, and the time limit draw does nothing for either man. If the point was to show Allin as a surprise contender who's good enough to almost beat Cody, it should have been done months from now when people have seen him a few times. The spot with Spears at the end was okay, but should've had some kind of build to it.
>Elite vs Lucha Bros
Messy as fuck spot fest. The spots themselves were great, there were just way too many of them and the match had no flow. It's fine on a throwaway show like this, but they need to learn quick that you can't do an indie-style spotfest on weekly TV with storylines. Spots are great, but they need a purpose and the match needs to flow. This felt like a fucking mess.
>Moxley vs Janela
Fine for what it was, which was a deathmatch for a non-deathmatch crowd. Showed off Moxley and Janela's characters to the audience, and added some build with the Kenny run-in at the end. Not a particularly great match but it was what it was.

>Overall
Glad they're experimenting with new and different stuff on throwaway shows like this, but hopefully they're taking notes and learning lessons. Some of this shit just isn't going to work going forward.

Also, work on the camera work. It fucking sucks.

>7/10
>Every match on the main show except the women's match(a little too botchy), I didn't watch the pre-show
>While every match was good, only one was great.
>One thing they did well and should keep doing is making sure every match and wrestlers are and feel different from each other. Something WWE fails to do because the wrestlers are told to wrestle one style and done. I don't mean style as high flying or technical wrestling, I mean it as "you can't do this and this and that" which is the biggest problem with WWE aside their booking ideas. In WWE everyone has to cut the same idiot promos, besides Bryan and Bray who I'm almost certain write their own promos. Joe can do it because of his delivery even with stupid scripted lines.
Overall, better than a WWE PPV, easily, but nowhere near close a big NJPW show. I would say this and the NJPW show in Australia were similar but this match had nothing even close to Osprey vs Eagles.

this card*

Based

Fyter fest is an event that takes place at a video game conference with a videogame dude as the co organizer. It's an attempt to catch the video game community.
*retard: why are there videogame reference?
People needs to take this show for what it was. Expecting DON would be stupid

shit

Too much gay vidya shit. Gamers should be shunned as low test fags, not encouraged. Overall wasn’t a bad show. Joshi’s were cringe. A lot of satire and inside jokes isn’t going to draw normies though.

"Blowing his heel status" sure , a huge piece of shit sucking the bosses dicks Is totally babyface i get it. Mjf always praise Tony Khan and cody because they are his bosses and he wants to be on top lol.