Why is modern AJPW so rarely talked about?

Why is modern AJPW so rarely talked about?

Attached: file.png (600x338, 295K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W6l1EJ2uZv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because their champion is a zoomer faggot that chased away viewers

There’s only one guy on the roster who’s actually a big deal and he doesn’t yet have that rival who can feud with him and take the company to the next level.

Because we only watch WWE and NJPW. Bitch.

oh ok thanks

Ironically Kento is their only draw, they tried to skyrocket Zeus and he flopped

Idk but just watched Kento vs Nomura and it was kino, then I watched Ishikawa vs Okabayashi and it was even more kino

If Zeus actually caught on they would have grown in popularity in the west more I think. Unfortunately he didnt draw great for his only successful defense and they just jumped the title back to Miyahara.
Kento is great but like any long term top guy his weaknesses are being slowly exposed, it doesnt help that the booking is pretty uninspired, outsiders get tournament wins, challenge for the title and either lose straight away or take the title and drop it straight back.
They desperately need their young guys like Lee to start picking up big career wins or they will stagnate and rely on Kento way too much, ruining his body.

because modern western smarks pretty much follow what Meltzer does and Meltzer doesn't talk about AJPW

it's literally that simple

This is accurate

Most ‘smarks’ literally just repeat Meltzer and I say that say as someone who values Meltzers opinion to a certain degree. And all he says about AJPW is the same tired ‘Kento is Tanahashi’ line

>If Zeus actually caught on they would have grown in popularity in the west
Wrestling fans don't know who the fuck Zeus is except for being a black jobber to Hogan in the 80s stop lviing in your puro twitter bubble holy shit

Zeus winning the title last year was legit the only thing AJPW that I saw outside of Puro twitter.
Wrestling normies dont give a fuck about some glassy eyed chink sticking his tongue out every match, but they will check out japtista with a chin carved from granite.

>the only thing i saw means he has to be normie for everyone else.
Look, nobody hates Kento Fagahara more than me but even i acknowledge he is the only draw in that retirement home fed.

If this was true, CMLL would be a lot more popular among smarks.

How come NJPW don't do what WWE does and steal anyone in a smaller company who gets even remotely popular? People always talk about that Kento dude, but it seems rare for NJ to actually sign guys from other places so that when it happens it's a big deal like Shingo.

I think the Japanese wrestlers are far more loyal.

does Meltzer review CMLL every week?

>who is Shingo
>who is Ishimori
>who is Ibushi
>who is Kanemaru
>who is SANADA
Who Japan is as predatory as WWE

Kento probably gets paid decently well and I honestly doubt NJ would be able to buy him out at this point. People do jump promotions in Japan, its not unheard of, and there was actually a lot of movement between AJPW and NOAH over the last 10 years. Its just NJPW has no use for NOAH/AJPW midcard guys and the top guys of those promotions are more likely to be super loyal.
One thing as well is Miyahara fucking hates Nakajima(apparently, this was from an old now dead translation site) because when they were both with Sasaki, Nakajima would beat the fuck out of the newer trainees. Its why outside of a guy that can do what he wants(Marufuji) you dont see a lot of cross promoted stuff between AJPW and NOAH talent despite the obvious money draw.

>a fucking based guy
>a decent guy
>a qt3.14
>a dude with a cool gimmick
>a dull midcard shitter

Shingo only left after CIMA bailed, I think its fair to say that he had no real deep ties with the organization at that point.
Ishimori had done everything he could in NOAH and wanted to get paid.
Ibushi is a shoot retard who knows what the hell he is thinking.
Kanemaru was in the same spot as Ishimori and only got the bookings because of Suzuki.
Sanada was a failed ace in W-1 and sucked balls in AJPW. If anything it shows how poorly those companies did that NJPW got a guy that cant cut a promo or move his facial muscles over to the point that he is in like 3 years time.

What a shitty argument. 4 years in a row the G1 winner failed to win the title at WK, but I didn't her you bitch or call the G1 a pointless tournament. Idiot.

How many of those matches were absolute foregone conclusions before they happened? WK9 could have gone either way. WK10 was obvious for Okada. WK11 was obvious for Okada. WK12 either way and WK13 either way depending on if Kenny was staying.
I dont really have a problem with how AJPW is booked, its a necessity because their roster at the very top is super thin, maybe dont get so defensive for a company you dont work for next time you puro twitter fucknut.

I also didnt call the carnival pointless you spoon. This year should have gone to Lee or Zeus though.

>maybe don't get so defensive for a company you don't work for
>he says after getting super defensive for a company he doesn't work for
Let me guess, you're the retard spamming about how Okabayashi was going to win CC and now you're buttmad that he didn't?

It's inaccessible for many westerners and isn't different enough or better than NJPW for people to choose it as an alternative.

I responded to your point about the G1-wk matches, you decided to point out how another company doesnt make sense. Learn to argue.
And why the fuck would I want another outside guy to win the carnival? I literally said it should have gone to Lee or Zeus. Kento was the last guy in the company that needed the win.

This. NJPW’s popularity solely happened because Meltzer started giving them 5 stars every year.

AJPW isn't easy to get into outside of Japan the way New Japan has become with NJPW World and working with RoH and shit

it's not gonna grow until they get a clue and have sex

Yes

>what is rutube
>what is vk

Do you really think that manually searching for a single match that may or may not be uploaded is actually accessible? To you or me maybe but to some random E drone? Absolutely not.
Although IDK what hes talking about when AJPWtv exists and is essentially the same service as WORLD, just slower to upload VODs.

Recommend me some good AJPW matches from the past year.

I've seen the Kento/Lee match.

Kento/Suwama
Kento/Okabayashi
Okabayashi/Zeus
Okabayashi/James
Strong BJ/VG

they have a streaming service, dumbass.

thanks!

>1. many people feel like arr rook same
>2. harder to get into because everything is still in Japanese like World was back in the day
>3. it's the same cost as World, so we think it should be just as good
>4. NJPW has the benefit of being able to put up their archives while AJPW does not. I know a lot of people that signed up to watch the old stuff and then got into the current product because they were already paying for it. There's no way for AJPW to get that kind of fan
>5. watching everything NJPW does might preclude you from wanting to invest any time in another company
I am interested in AJPW but I'm probably not going to buy their service unless they ever get archives, and even then it'll still probably be second to New Japan.

Why don't they have archives?

In Japan, when a wrestling company got a TV deal, part of that deal was the TV station owned the tape library. AJPW dont own many of their old shows, but since the launch of AJPWtv they own their VODs.
Same with NJPW, they own some of their tape, but its well less than half. In 2018 NJPW still had a few shows a year that were STV exclusive that would never make WORLD, and until 2016 they had some G1 shows single hardcam on WORLD but full production on STV/Asahi.

Sold them during a bad financial time to TV Asashi, a huge channel over in Japan. They use the footage to run "best of" shows in time slots that they can't fill otherwise. This is all afair.

Not him, but the TV company that broadcast them owns them all and apparently still shows them as a generic old school wrestling program from what I've heard. The only stuff that All Japan owns is from after Baba's death.

that sucks, no surprise that their streaming service hasn't taken off.

2000-2016 AJPW tape isnt really worth a whole lot anyway. Sure some people might pay to see it but 87-2000 would be the real draw.

cringe

Meltzer couldn't shut the fuck up about Miyahara a couple of months ago and still rates him as a Top 10 dude. Point irrelevant.

Meltzer doesn't talk about it and the 'people' that watch Jap wrestling need him to tell them if something is good or not

he's right though. early 2000s NOAH took over

youtu.be/W6l1EJ2uZv4
Are anti-smarks allergic to evidence or some shit?

>He wasn't a 2000s contrarian All JaChad and fell for the normie NOAH meme

he mentions them occassionally. But it's pretty clear that Meltzer is a WWE and NJPW guy

Ya hate to see it

Ayato Yoshida is beginning to being booked in AJPW. He might help.