What can I expect if I decide to watch the G1 climax...

What can I expect if I decide to watch the G1 climax? Trying to jump ship here because I'm sick of the shit US companies provide on a weekly basis.

Attached: g1-climax.jpg (600x400, 183K)

Flippy midgets that don't speak English.

What is your opinion on choppas

about 7 lesnar vs aj/bryan tier matches and alot of 3 star matches.
watch night one, it looks very good.

You can skip the first half of most shows if you want. And not every match will be 5 stars, but there will be a lot of great stuff. Look at the cards and decide what days or matches you want to watch. First two days and last three days are all safe bets for good shows. Don’t try to overdo it and burn yourself out by watching it all on your first time. It is something that is more rewarding the more familiar you are with the product. Start now, watch this, KoPW later this year, then Wrestle Kingdom. You will know by then how deep you want to go. If you really get into it then by this time next year you will be looking forward to it like it’s fucking Christmas.

>What can I expect
The best
Watch previous G1 final/pre-final matches to get a taste of it

You learn how these guys work and see why some of them are best wrestlers in the world. Once your familiar with them and their styles you start to understand why a tournament can be so exciting and why people get so hyped up for it every year.

I was actually thinking about watching all matches. I don't know if they're all supposed to be long or not but I don't know what wrestlers to follow. Like I would say Moxley or KENTA but I don't wanna sound like a faggot, so I thought 'well maybe I should watch all to know who I like'.

There are more of those in the WWE

Watching every match will most likely burn you out by the middle of the tour unless you really like the company. I watch it all every year but its not easy.

Moxley and KENTA will be interesting since they're both newcomers and no one can really say how well they'll handle it. If I had to focus and choose a few to follow I'd go with Ishii, Ibushi, Okada, Tanahashi, and probably Jay. Ospreay and Shingo are new to the G1 too but they just came off of BOSJ where they were both putting on lots of worthwhile matches.

First 3 matches will be 9-15 mins and the semi main and main usually go 20-30mins
Most matches will be good to great with some amazing MOTY contenders in there too.

The big players who really can't have a bad match are:
Tanahashi
Ibushi
Okada
Ishii
Naito
Takagi
Ospreay

EVIL, SANADA and Goto are also really great.
I personally love Zack Sabre Jr but a lot people don't like his style.
KENTA I have high hopes for but he's unproven, as is Moxley.
White can be good but I personally don't think he's matches are anything special.
Archer, Cobb, Robinson and Taichi are just kinda there.
the only "bad" wrestlers are usually Toru Yano cos he's all comedy but sometimes he's kinda funny. Bad Luck Fale too cos he can't move.

The same match formula for every match. If you're sick of US companies, you'll be even sicker of weeb shit by the 2nd week

Whats the matter seff, becko not letting you suck his dick?

huh? what you mean?

>The same match formula for every match. If you're sick of US companies, you'll be even sicker of weeb shit by the 2nd week
This. NuJapan is unironically more formulaic than The E is. Its pure cope to pretend this garbage is groundbreaking.

So rewatch stone cold segments from two decades ago again, obviously you don't like the wrestling part of wrestling

Can we get a walk through to how the formula usually plays out lads?

Man, I sure wish we had some great gimmick matches like the one with the cage or the one with the bigger cage. Maybe an arm-wrestling match or a bodybuilder pose-down competition.

just watch all the singles matches from the first two nights, decide which wrestlers you like and watch all their matches
also watch all of yano's matches. G1 is where he shines

Its not that every match is the same, matches feel different, but they tend to have some similar spots, like selling outside of the ring and getting in just before the 20 count, and the YOU CHOPPA ME I CHOPPA YOU moments
But the thing is, everything that happens in the match has a purpose, unlike the E were do they shit to pop the crowd and only thr last 5 mins matter, the choppa segments are to see whos stronger and can go the longest, the 20 count thing is to show the guy is fucked, but is not gonna give up

You can do that, if you have enough time. But you should be prepared for the burnout. Do not give up, take a break and start watching only tournament matches.

This is my first G1 too, but I didn't really get burnout from BOSJ, so will I be ok?

holy coping cringe, people are MAKING THE SWITCH fucking deal with it.

Yes, probably. I usually am burnout around night 10, but around night 13 I am back in the groove. And I watch whole shows.

New Japan is also unironically more entertaining and worth your time compared to WWE. Also "formulaic" isn't defined as a negative, wrestling itself is formulaic dummy.

Yeah probably. This G1 actually has more variety and potential storyline consequences than most. Goto might be leaving Chaos for the new stable with Kenta and the LA dojo boys. Jay is owed a title shot but he cant further his cause because hes not in Okadas block, so he will be distracted by that all tournament. Kentas debut tour is against the two faces of NJPW in Tanahashi and Okada. Suzuki was snubbed for a G1 spot so hes livid, he will be murderous on the undercard tags. Moxley has taken a liking to Shota Umino and will be mentoring/tagging with him through the tour. The LA Dojo young boys will have their first chance at performing in Japan. Ospreay is the reigning Jr champ and will be the first guy to compete in all three of NJPWs singles tournaments in one year. Taichi finally got into the G1 and has been slowly toning down his blatant cheating, expect his Ishii match to be great again. Juice is hell bent on getting his US title back, and Jon is in his block. Naito wants to win the G1 and be the first person to hold the IC and HW titles simultaneously.

Attached: 1545259708050.jpg (3279x4927, 1.75M)

>What can I expect if I decide to watch the G1 climax?
Several MOTY candidate matches everyone will be talking about and the best introduction to who everyone is and how good the New Japan product is.

>lock up
>transition into sideheadlock
>sometimes even a test of strength spot if lucky
>Usually it's sideheadlock, push into ropes and guy coming off rope shoulder tackle, run the ropes and leaps over guy on the ground, guy on the ground leaps up and guy coming off ropes gets arm dragged
>does signature pose to hype the crowd
>end of 1st act
>meddle some more for 5-10 mins of restless and mindless stalling segments
>suddenly takes it to the floor outside the ring
>brawl and fuck around
>if it's an Okada match,fly over barricade
>if its Moxley match,use a weapons
>if it's Yano match,ducktape your hands to the railings
>yada yada yada OH SHIT REF COUNTS 19
>Rolls back into ring miraculously
>SAFE NO COUNTO OUTO
>end of 2nd act
>gets the go home cue for final 10-15 mins
>YOU CHOPPA ME I CHOPPA YOU TIME
>YOU HEADDROP ME I HEADROP YOU
>I POP UP AND HEADROP YOU AGAIN
>OH YOU SURE!? I NO SELL AND HEADBUTT YOU
>Lie on the mat for 2 minute
>I DROP YOU NECK WITH FALSE 2.9999 FINISH
>LE SHOCK FACE
>AHHHHH WHY WON'T HE STAY DOWN
>I YELL IN PRIMAL RAGE TO FILL MY RAGE METER
>I DO A MOVE- OH SHIT HE COUNTER WITH REVERSE RANA,immediately spring up in place to take another move
>2.9999999
>LE SHOCK FACE
>I WILL FINISH HIM WITH MY RUNNING LARIATOOO THIS TIME IT WILL WORKU
>Groggy opponent burst into full stamina with out of nowhere counter attack
>If it's Okada, a dropkick
>If it's Osprey, a rollover sitout powerbomb
>If it's Shingo, choppa me choppa you until i go under your choppa and Made in Japan you
>If it's Ibushi, a leaping stomp onto you
>Goes for finisher
>will never be successful on first try, gets countered with another reverse rana
>other guy goes for finisher, gets countered, but still recover and hits signature for 2.9999
>LE SHOCK FACE
>tries again, this time groggy opponent miraculously hits another counter
>CHANCESU CHANCESU CHANCESU
>hits finisher
>if lucky, sometimes might kick out and you get 2nd finisher
>1..2...3
>end of 3rd act
>end of match

>Jay is owed a title shot
since when? New Japan doesn't do rematch clause bullshit its usually earned like with winning tournaments like G1

He beat Goto in a defacto #1 contender match and then Jericho stole his thunder before he could officially challenge. Do you even watch the shows? Thats literally the narrative they are running with.

>writing all of that text AND proving you don't actually watch NJPW
yikes

Attached: pepe..jpg (225x225, 7K)

Expect to love Yano

Do you expect wrestlers to reinvent the wheel everytime they step into a ring?

holy cringe

Attached: MEMPHIS TENNESSEE.png (352x293, 97K)

>explaining to user what to expect
>gives him a straightforward answer to his question
>Nu Japanlets somehow takes this as insult
>proven extremely sensitive
>proven thin skinned
>proven gotten to
>hate it because it's true

Who are you quoting

>he actually believes this shit
based retard

Attached: rent-free (3).jpg (1177x1057, 177K)

No argument..No voice

ya seethe?

rntfre

BASED

Someone watched Dominion and nothing else in their entire life

Ya seethe?

Nah I'm getting paid to post on asp since I'm alone in the office this morning

And yet it's still more interesting than anything else going on

>giving him (You)s
yikes

is NJPW World worth it?

>Working on weekends
Kwab

yeah but wait until july 1st to get it or you will be charged twice. For 20 bucks you will get the whole G1, which is 19 shows.

thanks for the tip

I do 4 days a week bitch with 3 days off. Enjoy your austimbux my taxes pay for

Fucking kek. Thank you man. Ive never watched it and I never may watch it, but if I do I will have this running through my head the entire time.

Just watch the matches on Taima. G1 and Wrestle Kingdom are usually the only things worth watching the whole way though, the rest you can catch on Dailymotion.

I guess I'll do that. Thanks.

>Going full Seth Rollins
OH NO NO NO NO NO and I bet you shit on him for doing the same AHAHAHA kwab

>Nu Japanlets can't handle the banter
wew

Don't pirate NJPW or Officer Liger will arrest you.

Attached: Dih6H0YWsAA23tT.jpg (1200x675, 209K)

>using oh no no no
Be original autismo

non-stop based wrestlekino every day

seethe more bitch LMAO

Still getting paid here, and you're doing it for free LMAOOO

>Still going full Seth Rollins

Taima is horrendous for live streaming and the chat is cancer, just use FITE or NJPW World

>Still as original as Seff
What meme ya gonna steal next lil guy?

>still thinking he's the only guy on asp with a job
Sweet summer child o mine

>horrendous for live streaming
Why? If it lags then maybe you should buy a new computer, poorfag. Also, why the fuck would you look at the chat instead of full screening? What a fucking retard.

>changes topics
Lost

Attached: D94hVL4XYAA-5tW.jpg (969x767, 149K)

If taima of all things is laggy then you just have shit hardware user

>claims victory as soon as no comeback
kwab

>admits no comeback
Double lost to the wagechad

>wageslave
>no reading comprehension
based retard

Taima isn't bad at all, maybe you need to clean your PC. The chat can be funny once in a while but big events it's best to not even try.

Nigga just doesn't know how to turn off certain settings on taima

Retarded AND making money while you're posting on asp saturday morning alone. Wipe the cheeto dust off your lips faggot, my dick is ready

>I'm out of vocab so i'm gonna call him a retard back without proper context

Thanks for making the time fly by faggot. Now get suckin

>claims victory
>still replying like a good cuck

Why do you want another guy to suck your dick dude?

he's JAHWWWWNNNNN

Oh shit he's probably getting his cock sucked by the crackhead hooker at the back alley of the grocery store he works at!

This should be the correct response, because it's true. And you can like what you like nobody cares. So if these Nu Japanlets hate it, that means they hate the truth and they're actually hate watching kek

>If it lags then maybe you should buy a new computer, poorfag
my computer isn't the issue you mongoloids, its the server and the constant copyright violations pulling the live feed, meaning regardless of your set-up you will miss the fucking show minutes at a time.

whenever a big event is on the site always has trouble staying connected because its optimized like shit, especially when there are over 1,000 faggots online at the same time spamming shitty emotes, this is a straight up fact, shut your whore mouth regarding this.

Attached: 420chan.jpg (3264x2448, 1.61M)

I have literally never had an issue getting into taima since I came across it in 2008 for a TNA ppv. Just show up 5 min or so before start time and you're fine.

>He doesn't show up an hour before a big show
>He unironically refreshes his page
Kwab

>Just show up 5 min or so before start time and you're fine
traffic flux is extremely high for most ppvs and even when you're early it can still give you issues and connection errors, go look.
>completely ignores the point about copyright issues and resorts to shitty meme buzzwords fuck off

literally only YOU have all these problems with no workaround while hundreds others continue to enjoy free stream 99% flawlessly so seethe more

their apps and webdesign are pretty bad on the English side of things
also like another user said, wait until July to start and you can get all of the G1
honestly though, their back catalogue is amazing and if you’re new to NJPW and want to see some of their all time greatest events, it’s worth

Legitimately the best wrestling of the year for a whole month. One thing I'll say is to not watch every undercard tag, or you'll burnout quicker. Stick to the tournament matches and inter-stable tags if anything.

I pay for it to show my support, but I like watching on streams with the Yea Forumsies and /wooo/tists, the chat is highly based

Only "flippy" guy in the whole thing is Ospreay, and he's more toned down on it more than ever.

Multi-man matches and young lion matches are the NJPW pleb filter btw. These matches are where short and long term narratives are established and progressed. Normies and dilettantes only watch the main events, but they never understand the depth of the stories, often watching slack-jawed at the high spots, athleticism, and choppa action. Those are all cool, but there’s more to it.

K

The best wrestling of the year. Kino matches, feuds ending and beginning, pro wrestling as raw as it gets.

I unrionically think some of their multi-man matches are some of the best. CHAOS vs. Suzuki-gun at BoSJ Final Day (2018) was a hellva match, and most recently at Kizuna Road where it was LIJ vs. Ibushi/Makabe/Young Lions was fucking great as well.

And we will get BASED TakeOver stable with LA Dojo boys with KENTA. I am more hyped for those tags than I am for some of the G1 matches.
I am imagining Shibata backstage watching his boys from behind the curtain. And then, after they come back he shakes their hand and tells them they done good.

If Niño Anonimo joins njpw TakeOver could get his Jr. Heavyweight Ace.