The results are in. Behold the most popular wrestlers in Japan as voted on by the readers of numbers magazine

The results are in. Behold the most popular wrestlers in Japan as voted on by the readers of numbers magazine.

>the state of Fatsuka

Attached: D-CL00jU8AAQ1PJ.png (842x805, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bilibili.com/video/av13113051/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Goto all the way into the 40s?! I thought nips were smart.

>no Yuka

Yeah that list is bullshit, please have sex you fucking incel

Attached: DzChTtCUYAArZjj.jpg (1126x1496, 220K)

Idk how accurate that list is considering how low Omega is and it considers Suzuki from pancreases but gotos and antidraw

baswed jiro

>Kairi and Nakamura still massively over despite being in burguerland and deep in the crapper of jobberland
damn, they truly are legit superstars in Japanland.

Attached: 5b869-15602931232580-800.jpg (800x598, 68K)

>AEW with no one in the top 10
Oh no no no no no

Omega is The Rock for people who collect Funko Pops.

did they?

>62. Hana Kimura
Cringing at these retards putting her that low.

Nakamura has dropped from the top three to outside the top 10 in like two years. His popularity is fading quickly

>Suruga Mei higher than Asuka
we did it Agua-kun

wow I can't believe ching chong beat ping pong by ten votes!

I always knew Kairi was the Michaels of the Threedom. Lonetty and Mayunetty BTFO.

Attached: kairi.jpg (800x450, 64K)

It's not even close to a reliable measure of popularity. The point system evens the playing field for lesser known wrestlers. If it counted by number of votes rather than points, New Japan would completely dominate.

>Big Bike Suzu is the highest Ribbon
SUZU 3 BELTS *clapx5*
SUZU 3 BELTS *clapx5*

of course he isn't going to remain in top three when he isn't even on TV. The fact he managed to keep a spot so near (the nearest) to the top 10 after jobbing to R-Truth in the most retarded way possible is impressive.

Based Chadnada at #4.

>top 10 overall
>first wwe wrestler

Attached: yachtperson.webm (334x594, 1.08M)

Where is Jasethy? I thought he was the best wrestler in the whole world.

OH NO NO NO NO Hanafag btfo

This is a list of CURRENT wrestlers in Japan, you racist piece of shit.

Asuka clearly only pretending to know what Paige is saying is cringey

>big dimes Taichi in the top 20

WWE wrestlers get a boost in the points system, same as NJPW get a buff. But the absolute state of Kagetsu, also SHO Jannety'ing YOH pretty hard there.

what kind of boost? how many points are we talking?

Why didn't Momo Watanabe come out.

>Japan's favorite son nowhere to be found

I question the legitimacy of this poll

Obaasan is such an antidraw her waifu threads 404 before hitting the bump limit lmao

>15. Kenny Omega
I AM FORGOTTEN

>Naito is a secondary again
Why? Why can't he be the number one?

Attached: IMG_20190622_023402.jpg (2048x1364, 302K)

Every voter gives their top 3 favorites. 1st place 3 points, 2nd place 2 points, 3rd place 1 point

he was #1 the last two years running and his appeal comes from the large hardcore base that buys every piece of LiJ merch possible. Also Tanahashi got a huge boost this year because of his G1 run leading into the WK match. Its reactive.

Probably because of that stupid fucking hair.

Every year the companies are sorted by popularity, estimating their market share, then in order they add a multiplier to the points that ramps up the smaller the market share of the company is, which is why you have shit like Gatoh Move on there. WWE is obviously a huge company but way less market share in Japan than NJPW, also I am guessing NXT gets a bigger boost than main roster. I don't know what the actual breakdown is this year though.

how is that a WWE boost? if they like them enough to put them in first place then it's fair game.

>9. Kairi Sane
>16. Mayu Iwatani
>>>>>>>. Io Shirai
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF LO

I seriously doubt that you can compare WWE with Gatoh Move even in Japan.

>Mayu that high
unironically why?

>HARASHIMA the highest for DDT
Based

She's loveable af

I'm not, just in case you were confused. Gatoh Move definitely gets a huge boost for being Pachinko hall league.

Rape story is out. Also snaggletooth is cute in Japan

Anyways, she's not even the highest Stardom wrestler so whatever

It's too bad they're not doing this survey again. Shingo would have been top 10 next year.

Attached: D8nS1bLU0AAeI9b.jpg (540x671, 52K)

actually just notice fucking Tam even higher, yeesh Japan really loves cameltoe

why are they stopping?

Based Japan puts perfect beauty Tamu almost a thousand points above Mayu.

Attached: 1561496885326.jpg (851x1280, 206K)

2019... I am forgotten

Attached: 960x0.jpg (960x576, 45K)

>Kenta

>number one female
>number one wwe

Attached: kairi.jpg (2048x1534, 209K)

where is el phantasmo?

Attached: kairi face.jpg (330x341, 36K)

why do japs do that stupid face all the time

HOLY FUCKING BASED CHADNADA

also why is Styles even on here?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-27-14-08-20-824_com.instagram.android.jpg (1080x1160, 529K)

My boy COLD SKULL

The Gatoh Move shills exist in Japan too I see, looks like the whole roster made the list

You could do more flips, have more snaggletooth, perform fake fighting moves better, be more fat, have a sadder backstory, or have better looking bump into sawdust technique. But if you don't have the IT factor, you'll always be second to the real superstars.

Attached: 49.jpg (1534x2048, 509K)

last years for comparison

Attached: last year.jpg (506x1200, 175K)

>Nakamura from 3 to 11
>Io from 13 to 25
>Asuka from 19 to 35
So this is the power of WWE exposure

>Kairi is more than 3000 points over Asuka
>Asuka gets the title shot in Japan
is Vince fucking retarded?

So thats why Hana fell 50 places? Last year she was counted as a Wrestle 1 wrestler so got a ton of bonus points, now she's in the big leagues and doesn't get them.

He doesn't want to job out Kairi in her home country

It's actually because she changed from her black bodysuit/hair. That look was dimes.

Based Chihiro got the 50 spot on lockdown

Attached: hashed.gif (500x263, 1.96M)

Absolutely agree. Nu-Hana is cute but not to the same degree.

Attached: 1553391740261.jpg (800x1200, 129K)

>Konami goes from 38 to completely disappearing a year later

Wtf happened

QQ became a snoozefest in the interim, and still is. She's better off now but hasn't recovered.

Nu-Hana sold out two stocks of 150$ gas masks, TCS t-shirts are selling and her photobook sold out the moment it went up for sale.
Imagine using this meme poll where the point system skews everything as a meaningful measure of popularity.

Queen's Quest killed her and TCS hasn't really reached its full potential.

All of this is irrelevant to popularity in Japan mainstream, it just shows autists spend too much money on meaningless things.

I didn't say she wasn't a draw, it just seems like she's lacking something from before. I'm more than aware of her merch selling like gangbusters.

>nearly ten years as ace and still only half as popular as tanahashi

Is okada the biggest dud in history?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

New Japan's upswing in business correlates with his return and attendance figures for his shows/angles surpass that of Tanahashi even prior to the 2017 and onward boom where you could argue business just upturned in general.
He draws much more, so no.

Never mind that he's drawn better numbers than Tanahashi ever has.

Even the fragmented remains of Tanahashi are more popular than all else. THE FUCKING ACE.

He magically skipped the entry test, so yes.

You're simply a fool if you think any of these wrestlers are mainstream popular outside of the top New Japan guys.

Attached: can't do your job.jpg (678x381, 46K)

Fatsuka BTFO!

Attached: Blimp of Tomorrow.jpg (977x818, 122K)

mainstream popular enough to get votes faggot, cope harder

Tanahashi is much more sympathetic. Okada is a natural heel, the only time people really root for him is against true scumbags like Suzuki or Jay White. You can argue that Okada's not as over as his push, but it could be much worse. He could be Diesel.

DELET THIS

>You can argue that Okada's not as over as his push
He's brings regular sell-outs when he headlines so you can't really even say that. He's an actual case of a guy that warrants entirely being the top guy through both performance and business.
Also, the reason he's as high isn't anything characteristic, it's more simple: it's cultural and social.
He's the obvious pick, the pillar ace of the company. He's never going to be as singularly over as other guys purely because he's the absolute static and constant in the main event scene that everyone knows they'll see. Even if he draws more than them, he'll get weaker pops due to the element of over-exposure and expectation he's always going to win. But he still draws more than them.

face it, she jobbed hard to Kairi this time

Attached: kairi-sane-asuka-paige-2.jpg (1200x675, 95K)

Okada has never been positioned to be a fan favorite until very recently. Hes not Misawa or Kobashi, hes basically what would happen if they ran with Kawada as the top guy. He undeniably draws houses and improves business, but hes never going to be a super beloved babyface. Hes just going to be the top guy that is well respected, and that should actually be invaluable when it comes time for him to pass the torch. Hes a natural heel with his towering height and rich playboy persona, watching his match against Kojima from 2017 is a great insight into how he will translate into a heel really well.
bilibili.com/video/av13113051/

The build for this match is Okada basically saying that Kojima hasnt done much of note in the past 5 years and shouldnt be in the G1 anymore when they have younger guys that could fill the spot, he was very disrespectful in he press conference, it worked out great.

Attendance figures disagree with your garbage opinion.

ugly neets who were raped relate to her

Oh look, KENTA made top 100. How cute.

she's not a virgin anymore

>the only place in the world where genie granny and haha are popular is a white supremacist board in burgerland

kek

Dude, what are you guys on about, Okada is huge, he's undeniably seen as the face of wrestling here. That's not going to make Tanahashi go anywhere, he's still seen as Okada's senior and is respected by 99 percent of fans as pretty much a legend at this point. And Tanahashi had a big comeback run where people know any year could be his last as a top guy and want to see as much as possible from him before he goes. When it comes down to a match fans will always pick their guy, but right now NJPW's top guys are loved by fans, besides Naito in a few towns.

>4. SANADA
Based

No Juice Robinson? Good to see Hiromu so high.

Attached: FaceApp_1560114797586.jpg (249x263, 39K)

She janettied herself hard with her gimmick change among salarymen. And people are realising she's not even top 10 in the ring in Stardom.

I can hear the bawling from this board as CHADnada was revealed to be #4, above favorites like Kota. The tears are delicious.

we like Seiya ya simp

>typing that through tears
Oh... oh no...

Go Ace!

Too bad cuck. Your ching chong waifu is not a draw. HAHA! Deal with it, even Fatsuka is way above her!

But... I like Okada. He's not my favorite, but top 5 probably.

Shingo is freelance? He's not signed to NJPW?

The fact that this chad hasn't been in Japan since Jan and still made the top 20 speaking volumes to his BWC. Based Omega wins again.

Attached: 4239ee1e13405ba5bf833dbacae3c0d8.jpg (1080x1080, 155K)

>13. Riho
kek

How?

BASED GOLD SKULL

From all the joshi being represented and how few guys from promotions such as BJW are represented I can only conclude that the magazine is mostly read by Otaku Joshi fans

Why won't Gedo push SANADA, lads?

Big match riho is above them stardom thots.

Attached: E5115AB8-A09B-4B9D-9005-06B46B7419C0.jpg (800x533, 68K)

He’s a freelancer which is already reason but also he wants to go to wwe

His G1 baby

Ya seethe Robert?

Yes,

Attached: ADB1AD3C-5164-4B49-A377-19C81DDCD2EB.jpg (1242x1769, 1.35M)

>He’s a freelancer
Based illiterate retard

Nice quality, simp.

Attached: 2019-06-27 02_09_32-.png (669x878, 555K)

>15. Kenny Omega
lmao

Attached: 1561581267879.png (273x258, 132K)

How is Mika Iwata that high??

Attached: (2017.11.17) Sendai Girls Part 2.mp4_snapshot_03.20_[2018.05.10_18.11.50].jpg (1024x576, 245K)

Im not saying Okada isnt loved, im saying that he has never been positioned as a straight babyface fighting for the fans(neither was Tana but there is a clear gap there between them in how they are presented).

>4. SANADA

based Ace!

>Japanese baron corbin in 4th place

The absolute state of jepon.

Yes, that's right, keep those tears flowing.

>SANADAetty
>juniors
>pachinko hallers
>wwe slave
>women
This list is bullshit it's fucking bullshit and you all know it, all of these above Kenny Omega? and there are way too many literal whos in the top 50.

Attached: cuh-ringe.jpg (400x240, 16K)

BASED Japanese remember Omega and Big Bible AJ while they already forgot about Balor.

Naito and Okada confirmed to be the main draws

Why is Bushi so popular? I'm being sincere. He dresses like a lucha but he isn't athletic enough to do lucha moves.

Based Ikemen in the top 10

Attached: ikemen.jpg (768x1024, 165K)

When will Kenny look this cute again

I could honestly see Sanada being the jap to make it there. He's boring and slow so would fit in perfectly. He has a better shot than anyone else.

Asuka is older,they need to get her doing something quicker. Kairi is good for a few years yet.

Because he's ugly as fuck.

He has good music, great masks/outfits, and owns a fried chicken shop.

Attached: bushiboys.png (1200x900, 2.05M)

>Omega below Okada
This doesn't seem very realistic. He got larger pops than both Naito and Okada in his matches.

Oh, if he has a fried chicken shop he can't be all bad then.

>is the PWI rankings of japan but nobody gives it shit because ITS OK WHEN JAPAN DOES KAYFABE LIST

Attached: 1516318638735.gif (452x371, 59K)

Okada is known in Japan even by people that have no interest in wrestling,nobody knows who the fuck Kenny Omega is other than NJ fans

Isn't this one voted on by the public though?

i dont give a shit of what japanese people think

Oh you sweet summer child

Yes it is, they lead campaigns to get the votes for their favorite wrestlers. That is the reason why Ikemen is so high.

>AJ hasn't wrestled for NJPW in 4.5 years and he's still more popular than Hanaetty
OH NO NO NO MENTALLY ILL JOSHI TRANNIES SEETHING

Based

>24. Syuri
>getting her ass kicked in UFC and lost how many in a row now
based japs with the banter

Because AJ was based as fuck in NJPW and every wrestler and fans over there liked him.

>Kenny is literally the only AEW wrestler on the list
>Nobody in Japan knows the young cucks' names so they weren't even voted for
DEEPLY humiliating

Attached: depositphotos_60198277-stock-photo-smoke-in-the-face.png (924x616, 580K)

He's good even after his injuries. He was pretty good before them. But I don't really care about him either.

Young bucks were always the least over guys from bullet club. Everyone that has ever been in that faction has always had biggest reactions than them.

Young Bucks are career sitters who have latched on to more popular and talented guys to get a leg up their entire lives.

Support Gatoh Move boycott WWR Stardom.

Then how can you explain Okada gettting absolutely shit on by the fans in his matches with Kenny?

This is the post

Okada was the unbeatable champ in his long reign. Literally everyone was getting cheered over him because the fans want to witness a huge upset. I think the only guy that wasnt supported over him was Suzuki who was a pure shithead heel.

Holy fucking delusion.

The Japanese loves their underdog stories. When you match Kenny up against emperor Okada and they are both faces the fans will automatically gravitate towards underdog Kenny

>this amount of cope

...from you. He only started getting booed toward the end of his reign because it got boring, his SANADA and Tanahashi defenses in particular. The title switch match you could argue Omemega got louder cheers but Okada wasn't getting booed.

when three different people tell you the same thing and the only thing you can do is spout a tired meme, maybe you are just a bigger drooling retard than initially though hey brother?

>Maki Ito

WE'RE DOING IT, TJPW CHADS

Attached: joshis.jpg (1200x900, 156K)

Only because of the boost. I bet for gatoh is 10x multiplier

>20.Taichi
absolutely based

>above Osprey, Eviletty and ZSJ
Based indeed

Stardom, Gatoh Move, Ice Ribbon and Sendai Girls appearing in the list

>The absolute state of TJPW.

Is it just me or I can't find the cringeblade anywhere in that list?

28th, his name is Jay White

I know his fucking name.
This can't be happening, fuck him.

Revisionist history at it's finest, this new story you western nj fans are going with is laughable.

Pretty sure one is name Luigi

And who is this enchanting creature?

CHAD MIYAHARA

Attached: 4F561D59-CA0C-452D-AAF3-8A5DE16FB522.jpg (220x330, 21K)

Why do people always meme about this shitter being over when he’s never on any of these lists ever, yet AJ Styles is and he only wrestled in Japan for like a year.

Attached: 2C191DA5-1796-4917-9E5E-4281B2F59FE4.jpg (770x735, 51K)

Assplay not even top 20 lmao

AEdrone detected

can someone explain why DDT and TJPW are so underrated in this list but almost every Gatoh Move is in it?

Is there some kind of heat between DDT and this rag?

>Shingo Takagi
>(free)
huh?

Attached: 9A1B3854-60DA-4FD7-8C46-D4AF91185A34.png (652x592, 589K)

Well they give points to smaller promotions in order to boost them up to the level of the big leagues and there's not much smaller than Gatoh Move.

Based Jay Howaito living free of rent