/esg/ I'm fucking tired of looking at tre flips edition

Basic brand information for beginners: pastebin.com/CxdBGA6W

Shoe reviews: docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0
Submit a shoe review: docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY

YOU' RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU 'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

skatepark etiquette: don't litter

youtube.com/watch?v=0bqvbM31gVE

>LAST THREAD

Attached: 62412984_606365323205883_6358543458073834796_n.jpg (640x753, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/blood-wizard-s-the-occult-part-1/
twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1144229048970862602?s=19
youtu.be/JVGgqvsz3qA?list=LL2cu3edMKN13QU7htNEt_yQ&t=285
youtu.be/CRFvK8NbxVI
youtube.com/watch?v=j61fIGsmDJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=EwalO1Qe5gg&t=1997s
youtu.be/FuLq0HfYmGc
youtu.be/mIBTg7q9oNc
youtube.com/watch?v=SCUjV5Ec2b0
youtube.com/watch?v=32Td1tkaZR0
youtube.com/watch?v=V0MnV1F998g
youtube.com/watch?v=aop9o2LcQoE
youtube.com/watch?v=CY_jvUFym1k
youtu.be/Fosd0byCfWg
youtube.com/watch?v=VOpoE_mC820
youtube.com/watch?v=ieb1lmm9xHk
youtube.com/watch?v=aW8UnXzP3ms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

stonerplank

WOOOOO

please no flippyshit

bump

How2catch my flips? My heels/kicks always end up in front of me :(

Based

Skateboard Wax

Attached: yuriyuri_desu.webm (512x384, 2.89M)

Cute

seething balancelet

Beeswax > Candles > skate wax

Prove me wrong

this

new blood wizard vid

Post it please.

thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/blood-wizard-s-the-occult-part-1/ its on thrasher youtube as well

Attached: 2.gif (500x309, 922K)

Airsoft and Skatefags btfo you shitters dont draw a dime this is a WrestleChad board now

>SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY
>YOU' RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
>YOU 'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
This kinda motivated me a bit, currently 27 y old, used to be really good at around the age of 19, but then sprained my ankles bunch of times and had bunch of long breaks until now, also gained quite a lot of weight and kinda just lost that passion for skateboarding, but just recently I found that passion for skateboarding again, so been going skating again and it was really tough at first with the extra 20kg weight, but remembering these comments just gave me some motivation.
Now around 3 weeks later after starting to actively skate again (around 3 times a week), its getting much easier, been able to recover bunch of old tricks and even almost able to do some new ones. Its a bit tough when you are kinda used to doing crazy tricks but suddenly cant do them (1 year ago I could do nollie heel 50-50 but now I cant do nollie/switch heel, wtf.), so just gotta be patient for now and keep taking it easy and keep losing the weight and relearning the old tricks one by one. Thanks for reading my blog and remember to like and share.

Keep bumping, faggot.

>randomly listen to nyjah’s nine club episode
>tfw its actually pretty good. he seems like a likable, well spoken guy
Last I heard him speak was 2013 or so. The kid grew up and I’m unironically a fan of the man he became. Buying a Nyjah board when I’m through with the one I have now

Attached: 168F966B-D3EB-42A5-8E5F-A6B14BD2F8C0.png (600x707, 413K)

>Keep bumping, faggot.

Attached: ollie.webm (640x480, 888K)

Nice

31yr old here. Today was my first day attempting to skate. I'm terrified and can only turn right. I've found my stance, which is regular, and I know to bend my knees slightly. But I just cant push properly without having to board fly away from me. I'm not mongo pushing, nor am I doing crazy hrs pushes. Just little guys to get me going to get used to it. Any advice or tips? Or should I just keep going and figure it out?

Try pointing your left foot. Toes facing the direction your pushing. Other than that just keep going till you get it. Watch the pros push.

>few months ago
>tried filming an ollie north over 3 decks
>got it close a lot of times
>took a break to look at the attempts
>mfw seeing how abysmal my ollie norths actually looked like

Attached: 92EE2F09-BCFB-47A8-8349-0F66EC614808.png (632x650, 99K)

What about a pop shove it late flip?

I want to watch the rest of it but I can't get this fucking stoked at 3am.

don't even put your pushing foot on the board, just keep doing tiny pushes until you are comfortable standing on the board and moving with just one leg. your problem sounds like a commitment issue but don't sweat it, you'll get the hang of it soon if you just keep trying. just remember that you need to keep your center of gravity above the board, i.e. anticipate its movement. if you lean too far forward you will eat shit, if you lean back the board will fly out.

don't even remind me dude
>feel like I'm finally getting the hang of ollies
>record myself to check things out
>they are the worst, ugliest ollies I have ever seen

Do you need help?

Attached: ollie.webm (640x360, 1.73M)

Attached: Shorty's.webm (512x384, 1.17M)

Get off our board

E-drone grind

Attached: Darby_Allin.webm (640x360, 1.33M)

This needs some clarification. If frongt of you as in the front of the direction you're going or in front of your body?

No wax > wax

True skaters eat shit on a crusty ledge and then give up

Guys who live in hot climate, what is the best way to deal with the heat when skating? Got any tips? Eurofar here, need help. I am very die right now

That'd be rad dude

Watched it. I weaaaaally dug Gregson's part and I think his style is very stiff, but it was excellent nonetheless. And how awesome is it to see the son of a SOTY having a great part?

tropical country here, I embrace it. skating in the searing heat is 100x better than no skateboarding at all. You burn more calories due to your body dealing with the heat I try to get at LEAST 150g of carbs daily. Thats 3 cups of rice or 6 slices of bread. I aim for 200 though

Or otherwise find indoor parks or indoor spots in your locality

In front of my body. I square up and either pop a heelflip or a kickflip, it flips nicely but they always end up in front of me. Sometimes I get a foot on but obviously that's not enough. I'm so close to getting this I can smell it.

Agreed

Stay hydrated at all costs

twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1144229048970862602?s=19

Attached: trick.jpg (750x938, 81K)

this is how you wax
youtu.be/JVGgqvsz3qA?list=LL2cu3edMKN13QU7htNEt_yQ&t=285

Also if anyone haven't seen Gou Miyagis skating, you better fucking watch it RIGHT NOW. (video above)

Bump

Attached: wresheader.png (2000x1296, 3.85M)

Same

youtu.be/CRFvK8NbxVI

No love for Takahiro Morita?

Rolled my ankle 3 days ago, hows it looking

Attached: Capture.png (565x736, 747K)

God damn. feel better user.

Based

New to skating. I just got my board a few days ago and I'm having difficulty getting balanced on the board. Should I tighten the trucks until I'm feeling good about it?

Attached: 20180723_102812.jpg (4032x3024, 2.38M)

Hope you feel better soon dude

Broke my wrist yesterday. I feel ya. Can't even sleep. Hurts in every position.

Any tips bros?

Attached: IMG_20190628_104016.jpg (2976x3968, 1.61M)

Rolled ankle user here that sucks dude. My ankle definitely looks worse than it feels. I cared for my mum when she broke her tibula, fibula and humerus all in one and its one of those things thats gonna get worse before it gets better, but its definitely going to heal and be better one day, stay strong user and dont get hooked on painkillers

High strength pain killers mixed with low brow Netflix binges

Sucks about the wrist though bro

>Should I tighten the trucks until I'm feeling good about it?
nah, just keep at it

Any recommendations for comfy shoes? Currently wearing Puma suede classics, closes pair i have to a skate shoe, but they are not wide enough for me and hurt just going to the store and back even with softer wheels on my board.

Es Accel OG

Honestly, the worst thing is that im right handed. Can't even wipe my ass properly

Attached: 1525988912823.jpg (604x436, 68K)

>Unironically being a wipecuck
Lmao

Bidetbros unite

Go on an all spice diet, until your turds are liquid enough not to stick to your crack.

Or get a wipe assistant - its a good way to test how close your family really are

This

It's your flipping. You need to brush the deck, don't just flip. Your front foot should continue the motion, in mid-air you should somewhat look as if doing the splits. Think of it a little more as an Ollie. Basically flip the board without tossing it away. You 're more than halfway there

let's come up with some trendy company names, shall we
>Bread
>Leg
>Goose
>Flush

>ESG LTD

Thank you

Nice

two posters with broken bones!!
How do you pass the days by when you cant go skateboarding?

What the other guy said but try leaning back as well

Why doesn't someone ask how to do a nosehook impossible or the sigma flip? Why is it always the kick flip or the Ollie?

Cultural programming. Certain tricks are considered normal, our reality is based on the things we consume. Imagine a world with the sigma flip as a simple default trick in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

I've always wanted a good Ollie north.

I've got these jacked ones that dont level out and look like a nocomply but all in the air.

I think there called cat hammers

That's me with backside flips user.

When I land them they feel so good and then I see the footage.

Attached: Donnie-Darko-does-it-hold-up-gq.jpg (1971x770, 307K)

Webms of cute Japanese girls skateboarding please.

This pls

I want to learn this trick

Attached: mirei.webm (500x500, 1.53M)

Attached: kickflip.webm (512x384, 806K)

Skateboarding is cool

Attached: カナミル.jpg (1000x1500, 169K)

Atta girl, maks rodney mullen your bitch

learn to get into railstand that way (it's all foot positioning) -> learn to pivot the board in rail (feels like a penguin walk) -> put it all together

ugh man. iktf. do some ankle exercises with a resistance band once you get motion back!

youtube.com/watch?v=j61fIGsmDJ8
norafags show yourselves

Not the same user but still thank you for the advice

I love my Med Mommy!

Agreed user.

Attached: fu.ppp.jpg (1080x1346, 66K)

why is skate culture so infested with pozzed sjw idealogy these days and what can we do about it to get people back to just shutting the fuck up and skating

(and yes its the ryan lay situation that made me post this)

Anyone know if they are doing King of the Road 2019 on Vice. Just saw Phelps died rip. Always loved the show

We dont have anything like that here in Finland at least.

Aew sucks

Because there is institutional and corporate power that comes with holding those beliefs and as a result they have been spreading. "Woke" technocapital will self perpetuate and as a result the narratives/lifestyles(ie faggot shit) it sells will spread to every inch of our society until we're all good little worker bees engaged in consuming the products sold to us and maintaining the new status quo and don't you dare speak up about it or you'll lose your social credit.

I for one welcome the destruction and perversion of the human race haha

Cute

lucky you. i try to ignore and just skate and have fun but it seems like its getting worse here.

jeez well said. now im depressed thanks.

Attached: faa3345383672682154fc2b69baf3daae913a28fec7ef18c681c50d513c2f2cd.jpg (536x700, 117K)

Basado

lol yes you do. You're in the fucking EW. SJW shit is mandatory.

Never give up!

Attached: Kickflip.webm (512x288, 2.59M)

Broken wrist guy here. Honestly, i want to die.
>can't skate
>can't click
>can't use gamepad
>can't wipe my ass properly
>my second wrist took like 1/4 of the impact of the first so I'm even more crippled

At this point I just watch live DnB sets. Thank god I only had to pay $4 to get it fixed. Blessed be Europe

youtube.com/watch?v=EwalO1Qe5gg&t=1997s

Attached: 1445872283031.jpg (480x480, 14K)

>ryan lay situation
Who is he and what happened?

Pretty uninformed, are we

I bought a cheap blank deck from AliExpress, and then I did some "art" on the deck

Attached: IMG_20190630_125408.jpg (3264x1836, 564K)

damn that sucks dude, i got in a car accident and lost all motion in my left hand for about a month, luckily it came back strong, but i know how mentally fucked it is when you cant even play games or do minor things

Ryan Lay is BASED AND REDPILLED, what happened now?

Very nice

Cheers bro

Fully setup...

Attached: IMG_20190630_210559.jpg (3264x1836, 755K)

...with nice green griptape

Only part I already had was the trucks, replaced everything (wheels/bearings/bushings/hardware/deck/grip). All sourced from AliExpress, total cost less than $35 burgerbucks. Design done with spray paint, sharpies, and clearcoat already in my garage.

Unsure how it'll rode though

Attached: IMG_20190630_210549.jpg (3264x1836, 721K)

>Cheers bro
Thank you user.

based

Attached: blacklabel.webm (640x480, 802K)

Should I wax the axel nuts area for railstand tricks? thanks

Attached: primo.webm (500x500, 1.16M)

Learned and got good at a new one on tranny: BS 5-0 to BS Smith. Could possibly be my new favourite stall(s).

>Ryan Lay is BASED AND REDPILLED
Prove it.

olympic team sport for instagram zoomer hood kids, """""influencers""""", thots,
and SJWs

move sk8r shit to

Agreed

huh so you just lower your front trucks?

i hope you used several coats of clear coat

Only 3 before the can ran dry, but all deck art is temporary anyway

One of the few to call out Jason Jesse on his bullshit publicly

Attached: shinsaku_arakawa.jpg (1080x1350, 377K)

Do you skate stairs often anons? I’m thinking to do them more often but I’m worried about my knees. Only do them once in a while, biggest thing I’ll take my fliptricks down on is a 5 but since I mostly skate flat and kickers

nutty

Exactly, you just dip the 5-0 into a BS Smith, hold for as long as you can, then scoop/ollie back it.

Holy shit. Consider me impressed.

youtu.be/FuLq0HfYmGc

Darby Allin as based as fuck.

I stopped skating 2012... I DO NOT MISS ROLLED ANKLES.
Last time I did it I also tore ligaments and broke a bone in my foot, couldn't walk for 2 months, was fucked.

shit style. cant believe they kept the footy of him bailing into the bush after the switch front 3 down the gap. just re do the trick, edit it or fucking leave it out the video instead of putting that shit in. looks so bad.

Thank you.

Happy Canada day to all my canuck brethren.

sup /esg/

Attached: IMG-1546.jpg (4032x3024, 2.98M)

'Sup

sgoin on brah

hey friends, just started skating yesterday
I'm a jaded 28yo and it's the most alive I've felt in years
it's also hard af, any tips for a complete beginner? I'm mostly just pushing around and eating shit on half my kickturns

Beginners tip:- bend your knees more.

No, more than that.

Get comfortable with riding the board confidently before you start trying to learn tricks

Be ready to burn through shoes

Learn to fall

Have fun

thx guys

already having fun, just gotta learn the rest

>Ryan Lay is BASED AND REDPILLED
Is there a new filter or do you not know what that means

JJ literally didn't do anything wrong and that's exactly what the guy meant by pozzed culture. Cringe and bluepilled

This

No, I actually mean it in its proper sense

I'm snoring at your shitpost

He is literally the opposite of B&R but keep misusing the term lmao

Go back to slap faggot

>ESG
Eat Shit Gaylord?

Yes. NOW FUCKING EAT IT

Cool

anybody know what adidas these are? they look like a mix between a matchcourt and superstar and I want em

Attached: 55.jpg (432x319, 10K)

thanks dude!

>Yes. NOW FUCKING EAT IT
Based

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 244K)

What shoes you guys rocking? Recently got a pair of Reynolds 3's and they're dope as fuck.

Can't go wrong with Reynold 3's, probably the best shoe i've had... but recently i've gone Etnies/Globe.

looks like the Adidas Superskate Lo but i dunno

Attached: giphy.gif (480x480, 268K)

What a trick

it's pretty gay, actually

Satan complaining its too hot, where the fuck are you

This. If one of you niggers passes out in my park I'm doing a ranger IV

I need some advice skatechads, I used to hang with a bunch of lads who would skate and I learned to ride by fucking around on their stuff.
I was never big on tricks but I've fallen enough times to not worry about taking a spill. Anyway last year I figured I'd pick up a cheap cruiser for just bombing hills and shit, so I got one of those bigger Penny boards (don't judge me). So I've been trying to nail an ollie just to make traversing streets easier but I just can't seem to get it down.
My question is this bros, would you recommend getting a cheap wooden board to practice on? Is it even possible to properly ollie a plastic board?

Chotto matte

Attached: ekulair.webm (640x800, 902K)

lakai cambridge

BASED

Possible but hard, read the OP.

Feeling blessed as shit right now so I thought I’d share
>be me 2013
>1 year into skating
>didn’t have many friends to skate with, literally just my 2 cousins plus one or two neighborhood bros
>watched spencer nuzzi’s day in the life after watching some of his tutorials (don’t judge me, everyone starts there)
>trip out on how cool I thought his life was. Go to uni, skate street with friends, skate the park, art galleries, more skating, etc
>my beta self thought that such a cool life can never really exist for me in my situation and that it was probably fabricated for the vid

>fast forward to today
>that same video pops up on my recommended for no reason
>I watch it and realise that that was basically my life for the last 3 years
>also realised that what was such an unrealistic lifestyle for me back then is just basically my everyday now
>think about all the memories and friends that I made thanks to this little plank of wood
>think about how mundane that stuff was compared to everything else that skateboarding has done for me
Feels good to have “made it” by the standards of my younger self. Imma pop a few tricks for that dude today. Keep skating brose, it’ll be there for you when you’re at your best and at your shittiest

Attached: 7DCD2816-2171-4A89-859D-5282B594667D.jpg (1242x1245, 495K)

Glad someone else noticed. Bump

Attached: hell.jpg (800x549, 65K)

Sucius

Some Wrangler shoes, with a cool cowprint on the soles. Because imma cowboy now

alright boys, you two get in the ring and spoon till you tap out. No wonder half of their viewer base if gay

I'd say that you should just keep riding, the more you ride, the more comfortable you will be on the board. I bet in a week you wont have this problem.

that curb got me i tell you what.

I'm in Florida, I just skate right before it gets dark. It gets way above 90 in this bitch, shit will give you heat stroke.

Check you back foot and where you pop from, always remember to pop straight down. Another cause could be that you don't keep your shoulders straight, when I was learning heelflips, they would always go behind me.

I've rolled super bad but I don't think I've ever seen that shit turn purple.

Just skate every day for a week, it usually irons out any issues with balance.

drugs.

>Unironically being a wipecuck
what do you do?

youtu.be/mIBTg7q9oNc

Attached: pull.jpg (250x189, 11K)

Lately I've been skating a lot and I boosted my fitness quite fast (after not skating the whole winter and gaining weight).

And few days ago I was skating some a bit some 3 step stairs, just did some ollies and didn't fall once, but the next morning my left knee suddenly hurts when I bend it and put some weight on it, like walk stairs, get up from chair etc.
Called doctor and she just told me to take it easy, take some anti-inflammatory drugs, it got a bit better in 1 day with just resting, but now 2 days later I still feel some slight pain on it.. I think this happened because of overweight and doing the stairs, do you guys have any experience on this kind of knee injuries? Would appreciate some thoughts or tips on this.

If I catch you spitting out gum onto the concrete of the park, you're getting truck fucked. Pic unrelated.

Attached: ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.u3.png (549x413, 44K)

Wait it out. It might be tempting to skate again when it doesnt hurt as much, but then the pain will return and it will take much longer before you can skate normally.
Happened to me once. You don't feel it when you skate again because of the adrenaline, but the next day I couldnt even walk because of the knee pain.

Dude Trust Fall is some real wannabe Polar shit, it's kinda gross. I still liked it though.

That sounds about right, yea its super tempting but I am able to resist it, I will just go to walk and look for spots meanwhile now that I have rested for 2 days.

How long did you wait btw? Usually for rolled ankle injuries it takes a month or two but I'm guessing and hoping that this doesn't take as long, maybe a week or two max?

You ain't doing shit, pussyboy

And right after I said that I checked on my knee and it seems more swollen and just kind of worse again pfft.

Diaper bro :^)

>What a trick
Good trick

I could have written them off as trying to stay with the times. They have to pick up some new trendy kids. But the editing and music selection... feels like a rip off.

>Diaper bro :^)
Based

Check out skate_physio on instagram, might help with knee recovery

Never was there in the first place newfag

He is a progressive, therefore he has taken the red pill and is based

Thank you

because nike always was and always will be soulless. they have to try hard

maybe because those are the fundamental core of the sigmaflip and nosehook ollie
but I think it also reflects the general skill level of the thread (even I'm a kickfliplet who can only land one in perhaps 50)

You most certainly don't need to know the kick flip before you can do a sigma/flower flip

Not skated in a good many years. But I just made my first longboard deck from a mahogany offcut at work. Really hope I can get back into it, I need a hobby other than picking up heavy things and putting them down again.

Attached: IMG_20190703_165452.jpg (2688x1512, 2.39M)

was wondering the same thing. can't find any info. Feels like this is a skateless summer.

Nice

>mahogany
That must be pretty heavy, gonna be good for bombing hills

I don't know my dude, it feels light in the hand with no hardware bolted on yet. But it has been years since I held any board in my hands, and I lift. Not like its going to be for tricks anyway, just something to entertain me now that I'm old and bored.

kino

That's not the redpill though retard lmao

C R I N G E

youtube.com/watch?v=SCUjV5Ec2b0

Attached: d2d84ff5c54de9772da506e85711fd5e--skateboarding-bobby.jpg (236x351, 24K)

>tfw emerica will NEVER EVER make actual reissues

Attached: r.jpg (1080x1080, 84K)

When did Thrasher stop printing comics

if they rereleased the g-codes i would legit never buy another shoe

Attached: 8467299140_610e2a5234_b.jpg (720x479, 65K)

Good

No one does. The originals will always be THICKER.

get freestyle wheels if possible but if not, only if you want to slide

>Ohayō!

Attached: skateshop.jpg (900x900, 168K)

Cute

I'd bump this

Happy 4th of July my American brethren! Love you guys, hope you all have a great day.

>t. Your friendly neighbourhood canuck

howdy. any of you fellas know where i can find some flick?
>hope you all have a great day.
same to you
youtube.com/watch?v=32Td1tkaZR0

Attached: uglyflip.webm (192x144, 82K)

>that curtain
Wouldnt wanna mess with that

Mmmnnn

Attached: tumblr_n6594mLaxl1rku4n7o1_1280.jpg (1280x853, 304K)

fuck you, idiot

Attached: ByVbby4HP5j.webm (480x480, 648K)

Jewtube videos of cute Japanese girls skateboarding and being cute?

Cool

Don't you fucking talk to BASED THICK Daewon like that!

Except JJ keeps backpedaling like a bitch, which definitely doesn’t help him out.

Guys I just found vintage footage of me attempting a FS 180 down a 3 stair and slamming wonderfully. One thing hasn't changed, I still high five the ground often for some reason.

I kinda also have a broken wrist now beacuse of it. Sorry for the cursor

Attached: 10854514_904600969574820_1093885832_n.webm (1272x732, 2.48M)

The only reason he is backpedaling is because of how pozzed zealots will go after his livelihood and possibly even his life/family so it is understandable.

>skate drama
Cringe teen bullshit

>Only the Oniwaban group possess such skill

>vintage
bro it was like two threads ago where you were posting attempts.

youtube.com/watch?v=V0MnV1F998g

This shit is 5 years old

Nice

So even after five years you can't land an ollie down a 3?

Noob question, but how do you guys usually take care of your ankles?

Had a very long break. I don't have any rideable stairs at my hometown so I still suck

Fair enough. Do you ride really loose trucks vecause the way you're getting pitched forward kinda looks like you're getting wheel bite.

buy yourself some dunk high tops and you'll be gucci my nigga

Attached: 20190706_121036.jpg (4160x3120, 3.77M)

Bargain

Oh hell yeah, good find.

ate shit back to back while trying to power slide downhill on the way home :)

That sucks.

lesson learned. i was too tired to be attempting that shit but i had some confidence. it was a good day nonetheless

I did for some time recently, but changed back. Back then I rode tighter than I do now.
Well, all and all I still suck at jumping down stairs more than anything. Props for recognising me even though It's such old footage.

Attached: 1.gif (500x280, 714K)

Attached: ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif (800x600, 1.98M)

Is King of the Road still happening? Seems like it should be announced by now.

pls watch in hd
youtube.com/watch?v=aop9o2LcQoE

here youtube.com/watch?v=CY_jvUFym1k

youtu.be/Fosd0byCfWg

hahaha what an ugly trick

Cool

This

Beginner here. While attempting an ollie, 99% I land 45° clock-wise to setup. I'm riding goofy. Any solutions?

You're turning your shoulders and it's twisting your board when you ollie

don't worry about it. it'll correct itself over time
youtube.com/watch?v=VOpoE_mC820

In the end - am I supposed not to rotate my shoulders or to counter the shoulder rotation with feet?

Don't rotate your shoulders. Rotating your shoulders is how you spin, as your legs and feet will naturally follow.

Ollie - don't move shoulders
180 - rotate them plenty

Thanks!

look here, guy. don't even think about the darn thing
youtube.com/watch?v=ieb1lmm9xHk

Attached: ByBAD57g4w8.webm (480x480, 1.47M)

Based

Attached: noseblunt.webm (640x480, 560K)

Attached: wallie.webm (854x480, 735K)

Attached: ollie-180.webm (854x480, 353K)

Attached: nosegrind-switch-nosegrind.webm (854x480, 606K)

youtube.com/watch?v=aW8UnXzP3ms

Attached: hippy-wallie.webm (854x480, 435K)

>nosegrind-switch-nosegrind.webm
oops, nose manual

Attached: nose-bonk-lip.webm (854x480, 514K)

Learned ba crooks today. The landing was a bit sketchy with the board hitting the ground a millisecond before my feet caught it, but its a big step from where i was a few days ago constantly landing primo and eating shit.

Attached: 0C9E85C9-E983-4A62-B087-845E2944FA77.jpg (750x998, 369K)

Attached: 50-50.webm (600x480, 880K)

cool. i gave up on those along with a lot of nose tricks. i'm a back foot guy. smiths and feebles is where it's at. one trick i really like is nollie crook. you should try that one when you're comfortable.

Attached: smith-wallie.webm (546x406, 297K)

slappy crooks, or any crook without having to ollie is a-okay

Attached: rideon-crook.webm (854x480, 748K)

>smiths and feebles

I can do those on transition but they escape me on ledges or rails. I really wanna learn tailslides next but for some reason getting into them scares me.

Cant even nollie desu. I watched the braile skate support for bs crooks and the guy suggested as soon as you lock into the crooked grind to lean heel-side. That was basically all it took for me to start sticking them.

>I can do those on transition but they escape me on ledges or rails.
no way. transition is way harder. feeble on a rail is easy. it's the equivalent of a crook. they're both are what i consider beginner tricks
first you learn a slide, then a grind
noseslide -> crook
boardslide -> feeble
i learned them at a park with a square rail where it's easier to lock in although they slide easier on round rails. lock in heel-side of the truck, get a "pinch". imagine the board being half way between a primo and flat, toes pointed down, weight on heel. at the end just lift up like you would when riding off a curb.
when figuring smiths and feebles, i learned how important speed was. think of sitting down on a bike and trying to keep balance. compare that to actually riding a bike.

Attached: bsmith.webm (854x480, 1.24M)

>weight on heel
i'm referring to backside feebles and frontside smiths here. front feebles and back smiths are done with weight on the toes.

Attached: feeble.webm (480x480, 981K)

>does something pretty cool
>inevitably loses control and racks himself

Guys.
We seriously need to include in the google doc: tutorials for basic riding, manuals and ollies. It gets asked far too frequently.
Let's brainstorm.

I just learned the gayest looking combo:
Blunt to BS 5/0 to BS Smith to BS Rock n' Roll. Literally impossible to make look cool. Haven't learned the FS variant but I can see it being doper.

You fags better be tucking those knees

What does that mean? English isn't my first language, it doesn't mean the same as 'bend your knees' does it?

it means grabbing behind your knee if indy or in front if mute

It wasn’t JJ’s first time saying stupid racist shit. He got handled like a bitch back in the 80s by Peanut Brown. He’s facing the consequences for being a retard, but I don’t think skateboarders are savage enough to go after his family and only managed to boycott JJ. Other than that, nothing severe happened to him since then and Hardluck is still going

shut up and skate fags

about 10 days old here, fell hard on my back hip and elbow today practicing stopping by dragging the tail
I normally stumble backward so this time I went for it, stopped too quick and flew forward so unexpectedly my hands barely activated

def my most painful fall so far
I feel the long road ahead of me, sucks to suck
I can kickturn and push pretty comfy now tho and that feels so great

back, front hip*, elbow

any tips on dragging your tail to slow down? my foot either catches and I get thrown off or my front foot lifts too much and the board slips out. it's such a scary feeling, but I guess if I master that balance I can basically do a manual?

>any tips on dragging your tail to slow down?
fucking dont

Skaterheads usually tell you to learn to boardslide to slow down.

Just realized I used the wrong word for it, but I mean sliding the board horizontally in front of you to slow down.

B..But I don't wanna learn switch...

That's calle a Powerslide my friend.

Thanks!

Any tips for it? I'm also learning to do it atm.

The heavier you are, the faster you have to go, the harder you eat shit.
The softer your wheels are, the easier it is to eat shit.
Every surface is different, be careful. I'd wait for it to rain on a slippery surface so you can learn the basic balance adjustments when powersliding.

Attached: 1524723470075.jpg (700x1024, 161K)

love me some mork

bomb a hill

you learn or eat shit

>just got my board what should I do
Ride around as much as you can. Don't rush into learning tricks, just spend a few weeks riding, turning, kickturning, throwing down and picking up. Keep at it until it's comfortable and you're light on your feet.
>okay I feel pretty comfortable enough what now
Ollie, caveman, shuvit/fakie shuvit, fs 180, bs 180, pop shuv, front shuv. Sprinkle in a bit of cruising switch, just a few minutes per session will go a long way later on. Ride down curbs, ollie up curbs. Do a manny. If you've got access to tranny, drop in, rock to fakie.
>how the fuck do I ollie
The mistake most people make is not being quick enough with the back foot and not lifting it high enough. Tuck them knees brother. If you can't even do that, start with tiny hops that don't even pop. Just lift your front foot and follow it up by lifting the back foot in the tail pocket. The basic elements of the ollie are the same, you just make bigger motions and add the foot drag. Also, keep your back and your shoulders straight, otherwise your posture will throw you off. Don't get discouraged, most people take months to learn a decent ollie.

I think that would keep most people busy for a year or two.

go fast and commit

it's the closest you'll get to an out of body experience