Do you guys have local wrestling events where you live? And if so how good are they?

Do you guys have local wrestling events where you live? And if so how good are they?

Attached: 20190601_202151.jpg (4032x3024, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/theadambrooksy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is that Joey Janela?

Booker T runs a teaching promotion in Houston. I've seen a couple of their shows and they're pretty good. Umaga's son Jacob was there as the "Samoan Werewolf"; I'm pretty sure he's got "it".

I live in LA.

>PWG
Tickets are expensive af. Also, unless you're in one of the cool cliques, good luck getting a seat. They'll have one person guarding like 10 seats for their group. Have fun paying $100 to stand in the back all night with a shitty view. Don't even get me started on the smell.

>Bar Wrestling
$30 entrance and it doesn't sell out quick. Started by Joey Ryan after he got fed up with PWG. No seating so it's all standing and everyone is equal. I've seen the entire AEW roster, minus the joshi, before they became famous at DON. A few celebrities have showed up as well.

>PCW Ultra
$30 entrance and lots of seats. It's mainly the Impact roster with a few local and international talent thrown in. Reminds me of the CMLL in that it's mainly Mexicans in the crowd drinking beer and eating tacos with their families.

East Midlands - we get Hope shows. Seen Jimmy Havoc and Toni Storm, Kip Sabian was a regular.

PCW sounds awesome. I live in Australia, but if I ever go to LA i'll check it out.

How was Tonis brapper irl?

Do you know Adam Brooks? He's an Australian wrestler who wrestles at every PCW Ultra. Dude has very few followers, but I think it's awesome how he travels from Australia to LA every two months just to do matches.

mobile.twitter.com/theadambrooksy

>not shooting on one guy trying to save 10 seats
you deserve to stand in the back

Nah I just watch my local one to have a laugh, good to see an Aussie doing his thing in the US though

I'm a loner with no friends who goes to wrestling shows by himself, so you're right.

Attached: Ishiwee.png (1244x706, 996K)

Also, it's always the girl they leave behind to guard the seats. Its like that episode of Seinfeld where Elaine guards the seats at the movie theater.

How do you do it? I went to the theater the other day alone and felt so fucking weird. I'm always with some palaninos for graps

My local scene unironically rules. Any other Smashchads here?

>he doesn't go clubbing alone

Attached: images (8).jpg (475x645, 43K)

Live in Massachusetts, we used to have great shit like WWA but now it's like indie shows with shitters in the big cities once a month and that's pretty much it

/comfy/ indy shows are the best, especially if it's in a legion hall or something with cheap beer. i just wish the athletic commission would lighten up on hardcore matches

CWFH (championship wrestling from Hollywood) comes to my town frequently, never been.

Has anyone heard of this promotion before? Since its free I'm thinking of going if I can convince a friend or two to come with me

Last one i went to had a guy dressed as a chicken and called himself the chickenator. Indie rasslin is shit

Sounds unironically based

How do they make money if its free?

Attached: images (9).jpg (590x332, 13K)

Oh boy another fucking Samoan

does this count?

Attached: shrek.jpg (505x287, 37K)

I have to force myself to go sometimes. When you're alone, theres no one that can watch your unassigned seat. I've been lucky in that no one has stolen my jacket while I go use the restroom.

When NJPW came to town, I invited my girlfriend to go with me and paid for her ticket. She kept trying to have a conversation about her reality shows, day at work, and family in the middle of matches. Literally no one else was talking, and there were other couples near us too. Everyone was invested in the matches. She kept getting mad that I was ignoring her. After awhile I told her it felt like talking at the movies and if we could please talk about this after the show. She grabbed my beer, threw it in my shirt, and walked out in the middle of an Okada match while embarrassing me. I chose not to chase after her and watched a $200 ticket go to waste.

Our 3 year relationship really deteriorated after that and sometimes I ask myself if I made the right choice. All she did was shit on my interests. My family was happy, but I still don't know.

Attached: Kekpathetic.png (522x335, 207K)

Yikes!

just sit down and tell them to fuck off if they say all the seats are taken

Good. Saw her at ICW earlier in the year as well. Wanted to fap there and then desu.

ja ja bery gud
now tell me aboud your mudda and your fasha

Attached: shrink.jpg (450x312, 32K)

Syndication? Fite? Impact Plus? I guess if they have a deal with a digital platform or local TV that could keep them afloat. I hate watching outlaws when there is no crowd. That’s what always put me off ROH.

They are mostly a comedy league, haven't attended one yet, but I am going to this.

Attached: 2019-06-28-F1RST-WPXV-600web.jpg (600x600, 106K)

The fans are the best part of my local Indy. Drunk Street Posse rules.

Tim Storm has been my local Indies champion for over a year now it's fucking based

Attached: ftwmardigrasmadness020318.png (600x852, 1.17M)

If this isn't a larp your girlfriend sounded awful. so bad so that it sounds made up. she's staggeringly horrible with no real value

championship wrestling from Hollywood is here on a regular basis but I've never gone. theyre doing a TV taping for free but I've never gone. Are their shows worth going to even for free?

can't be a mark if they're not separating me from my cash

Outlaw Wrestling in NYC is slowly becoming the best indy in the area. It's a lot of local NYWC guys, with some bigger fly-ins at the top of the card. Really hope they make Queen's Brewery their new home, over the church in Williamsburg. It was 21+ and there were significantly less autists at that show. Seemed like more of a Bushwick crowd, which was a nice change of pace. Even the three weirdos that are at EVERY NYC show didn't go to that one.

Me too, bro. I brought a girl once, but it wasn't really her cup of tea.

>outlaw wrestling
old fags will kek at this

Limitless Wrestling - Maine
Seems a little cliquey as in guys get put in front of the crowd because theyve got connecrions, but good names like Brian Cage, Teddy Hart, Darby Allin, British Bulldog's son, show up

Theyre starting to pull intergender match bullshit. Theres a chick with a really kayfabe breaking character where she has wrestlers bump in response to fake telekinetic wrestling.

>Cool cliques

Bunch of faggots. Sounds like those "gangs" that roam disneyland and enforce their dumb unwritten rules and try and police the park.

I thought this was billy corgans fed

No NWA just works with them

Sure the local outfit here is the World Hotdogs Federation where well toned 5'10 20somethings do dangerous flips onto planks for hotdogs.

Great

Attached: Zubov.jpg (479x720, 45K)

Defy is my local Indy, it's about on the level of pcw. Some local guys but mostly established Indy "stars", Brody King and Shane Strickland used to be regulars. Brian Cage has been at the last few shows, and they've had the lucha bros in occasionally also. Artemis Spencer is the champ right now, would recommend seeing him if he's near you he's pretty good and will likely be taking more bookings across the country

Talentless

>Also, unless you're in one of the cool cliques, good luck getting a seat. They'll have one person guarding like 10 seats for their group.

I don't understand this. Meltzer was talking the other day about how different companies have different "rules" for fans, and if fans dont act a certain wat at shows (i.e. pwg) then other fans and wrestlers get pissed off at them. It's like fuck you buddy, if i want to have a few drinks and heckle the wrestlers, i will.

Should I go to this?

Attached: lol.jpg (1099x777, 269K)

where do I go to in the suburbs of Chicago? I know shimmer is around here but
>women's wrestling

Do you really need to ask?

My local is pretty solid. Chase Owens is from my hometown but that's the biggest name I can think of right now.

I'm mexican and in where I live, there's always a monthly Lucha show, sometimes pure locals and others are from AAA. I saw Pentagon Jr a couple of months ago and the feel is just great thanks to drunked man shitting on heels and everyone screaming.

i live in italy and there's basically just one promotion outside of wwe's yearly tours, which arent worth the money, i always catch them during comic conventions or when they're having a show near where i live
they're not bad

Attached: Costa-di-Mezzate-18.5.2019-FB-banner-accorciato-1-906x480.jpg (906x480, 143K)

Right now I think it's only Future stars of wrestling that show regularly.
They hiked the prices up sometime last year but the sad thing is I've literally seen 12 year old girls wrestle there and be more entertaining than the majority of matches

Try MAW. They're top tier for Minnesota. F1rst tends to pull all the big stars, though. AWF is alright but it seems kind of dated at times because the owner is a huge self mark stuck in the early 90s for some reason.

Minnesota as a whole has a pretty good scene.

That looks like corny fun. I'm jealous.

The other Vegas user.

lmao it really is, they have this massive 6+ ft woman who does intergender stuff (i know the kinda reputation it has here but when the woman is THAT big its stops not being believable), the guy who comes from my city is a bodybuilder and last time i checked the champ had a disco inferno gimmick
also this is a pic i took from last show
sad that they dont tour here anymore

Attached: 53830228_494230127775575_8945832323929079808_o.jpg (2048x1536, 462K)

You can find me at the Silverton yelling stupid shit at the wrestlers every few months, fuck the warehouse shows though

I live in LA too, never been to a PWG show because of the reputation as a way too crowded arena. I might check out the other two though. Thanks user, I always knew the indie scene was huge here but I never really sought it out.

that has to be a larp because she would have been focused on Okada. If its real you dodged a bullet, she would have ruined everything you love eventually, you should thank pro wrestling for saving your life.

I’ve seen them on ImpactPlus. Who’s the fag with the face tat? I figured he’d do well.

Is that Sugar Dunkerton?

If you don’t tap the midgette, don’t show your face on my board again

yep, sometimes they bring in people from USA/UK

Reality Of Wrestling is a top comfy show on FITE.

Local Polish promotion. Mostly some sort of hardcore matches. Recently we got Mark Haskins, Yuu from TJPW and few low level indy guys from England and Germany

Attached: 59414636_2290261031291076_379013078412427264_n.png (678x960, 154K)

Big Samoan looking guy? Jacob fatu probably

lmao that poster is 10/10

These Szlamfest shows always have good posters. KPW actually has quite good production vaules, with their wrestling school, many promos and backstage segments on their youtube channel and big-ass collection of photos after every show.

Attached: 28575913_1978870845763431_3521106553472886084_n.png (636x900, 175K)

Was Bix there? I’ve seen him at Evolve and ICW, always standing off to the side screwing around on his phone instead of watching matches

Yeah, they are usually trainwreck kino
Marks however try to take it seriously and complain when there are goofing """e-celebs""" as guest referees or surprise tag partnes
Me and my friends usually go to just get drunk and have a good laugh

You EuroPakis watch wrestling? Cant imagine the gate is that good. What with all your men fleeing to clean toilets in the UK

>kino
Fuck off Yea Forums

Around 400 to 600 people every show. We were thanking our previous champion, from Hungarian promotion, for drawing the house.

>PWG are elitist faggots
Why am I not surprised