KUSHIDA: What's the Appeal?

>has a big spotlight match tonight with drew gulak
>gets totally outshined in the process
What got him over in NJPW? Why should I care about him being in NXT?

Attached: kushida.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

He funny!

how the fuck is this supposed to get over in the west?

>What got him over in NJPW?
Nothing he was literally an anti-draw and nobody gave a fuck about him
This isn't le cope or le you loved him while he was there. He is LITERALLY the reason the IWGP Jr title was removed from main event slots because he failed to draw a house with a title match

>He kept the Back to the Future gimmick
God can't even help him now.

I feel like nobody gave a shit about Kushida until Hiromu killed him in less than 3 minutes. Only interesting thing about that yellow midget.

Holy fucking cringe

Nakamura, KENTA, Kana, Kairi, Io, all were big starts who were fooled by 'le big boys' memes and signed with the devil like idiots

But there's no excusing this retard. Even knowing the history of all those fallen legends, he still inked a deal with Gaytch. He deserves to be Zack Rider'd

Kushida was a big fish in a tiny pond and after that pond went global and the rest of the fish became huge he stayed the exact same so nobody cares about him any more. This was a chance to reinvent himself and yet he changed literally nothing. He unironically should have put on a mask and started doing more dives. Even if it didn't work it would have been something new for him to try.

KUSHIDA is a top 10 in ring wrestler in the world but hes such a charisma vacuum that nobody gave a FUCK when he left NJPW.

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1554699096293.jpg (207x249, 8K)

He's a good wrestler but he's pretty boring compared to the other guys who were in the jrs with him.

>Hiromu
wasn't he supposed to come back at Dominion?

>nobody gave a FUCK when he left NJPW.
and Tanahashi made him cry on the way out

Nobody knows when hes coming back. There are no reliable sources in the NJPW office so nobody is reliable for leaks. Dave reported he was coming back for the Anniversary show, then he reported he would be back late summer(which would indicate G1 final-ish). Nobody knows because nobody has a source.

I think he's supposed to be a comedy guy that can actually work

I get the feeling that Hiromu has suffered a number of setbacks during recovery. They've set him up twice for an easy landing but then he doesn't show up and they stop talking about him. In addition, there was that rumor right around MSG about his neck injury being way worse than previously thought, with retirement being considered.

He was getting out performed by guys like Hiromu, Despy, and Will for the past 3 or 4 years. He piqued years ago and is now on his decline. I don't see him doing any better than KENTA.

Attached: despy.webm (600x360, 2.17M)

Will literally brought him up in his post BOSJ win one week ago. They are clearly setting him up for a big spot when he comes back. If I were them and he was healthy I wouldnt have brought him back until late year to build to the dome, as the BOSJ even without him, Kushida and Desperado . No sense in putting him right into a brutal tournament schedule, and there is zero chance the Jr title is involved in Liger's angle at the end of the year(they will need that as an auxiliary draw for one of the dome shows).
This could just be wishful thinking though.

For me, it's Kushida vs Omega. Kenny's best match.

*as the BOSJ even without him, Kushida and Desperado was selling decently*

>what got him over
He wasn't over with japanese fans. The only people that liked him were people who parrot Dave Meltzer's opinions.

You are now aware of the fact that he is 36 years old, and not in his mid to late 20s like you thought.

He's from NJPW which means you have to like him!

>Balor
>Anderson and Gallows
>AJ Styles
>Nakamura
>Kenny Omega
>KUSHIDA

>WE LITERALLY NEVER FUCKING LIKED THEM! GOOD RIDDANCE! NJPW IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT THEM!

C O P E
O
P
E

I thought he was 40

No he's telling the truth AS SOON asKUSHIDA left the Jr title has started main eventing shows again. he only drew 3000 people to a 7000 people arena

He wasn’t a star, just a mid career with a back to the future gimmick. He left because he had a glass ceiling. Honestly my favorite moments from him are entrances

>Balor
Loved for his creation of the BC and excellent heel work plus his RNR persona
>Anderson/Gallows
Literally just remembered fondly. No one talks shit about them
>AJ
Remembered as having the greatest two year run of almost any wrestler in New Japan during that period
>Nakamura
Loved by everyone except contrarians and king of the IC title scene
>Omega
Gigantically over no matter what any autists on this board say
>Kushida
Charismatic, funny guy that no one particularly disliked

>balor
not a draw. never had a classic outside of his MCMG/ApolloGoGo tag match. whatever. His best singles match was with fucking Gedo.
>Anderson and Gallows
Anderson was good but became a comedy act and stopped really caring when he went tag team. Gallows is legit one of the WOATs and has been massively exposed.
>AJ Styles
He was great, actually became a draw by his second year in and only rarely did comedy shit.
>Nakamura
Big loss to the company when he went, if he came back and cared it would be great.
>Kenny Omega
Legit draw that has a lot of negative tendencies(reliance on extreme comedy in tags, reliance on huge, repetitive dangerous bumps in big singles). still a great worker and draw though.
>KUSHIDA
Even without him, Hiromu and Desperado BOSJ average attendance went up. Had a couple of great matches a year but Shingo and Will this year have already topped it. him leaving opens up the lower tiered Jrs to maybe a chance at the title(Desperado, Sho, Yoh, Rocky).

I bet he will put zero effort into learning english and flop on the main roster and job to No Way Jose.

holy based

he used to live in Canada his english is pretty good, he just has a THICC accent

I dunno. I just liked him.

He realized made a mistake signing with WWE

I liked him because he mixed legit mat wrestling with some flippy shit
He was never that big for new Japan and was considered another failed jr ace like taguchi for the most part

taguchi as least got a Tokyo Sports Puroresu Best Bout Award

Attached: 1537617142040.jpg (500x500, 52K)

When is my man Despy coming back?