Alright lads the Best of the Super Juniors finals are set

Alright lads the Best of the Super Juniors finals are set.

What have been the best match of the tournament?

Attached: 9_2.jpg (600x400, 185K)

Rocky vs ELP
Shingo vs Sho
Ospreay vs Eagles
Ospreay vs ELP
Ospreay vs Rocky
Ospreay vs Taguchi
Dragon Lee vs Shingo
Dragon Lee vs Titan
Ospreay vs Bandido
Ishimori vs sho
Ospreay vs Ren narita

OsGod carried this tournament.

also in that order

Attached: rocky hat.jpg (1097x856, 50K)

>Ospreayettys gimmick is literally a guy who wrestles

C R I N G E

Shingo vs Sho was my favorite.
Ospreay vs ELP was great too though
But this year just didn't feel the same without Hiromu

Was douki exposed for the shitter he is?

douki was alright. him vs Ospreay was REALLY good. but he just need's to work better guys to get better.

Yes but OsGod carried even him to a **** 1/2 star match.

he was fine and his work fit his character as a grimy lucha scumbag that never worked a big show. He can actually be a filler tag guy for them at the level hes at.
He did better than a number of guys through the whole thing, better than Marty, Bushi, and ELP on average id say.

You're a moron, Marty was great and ELP was top tier. Bushido was meh though you're right.

Just out of curiosity, what did he do before NJPW that made you hate him? Honestly I thought he was pretty based. Called the mexican guys and Bushi lucha hipsters, smacked around a pipe really hard, and acted really scummy. If they'd given him some actual wins he would be talked about better. Kinda hope he stays.

Give him a year wrestling actual decent wrestlers and he could really be something.

Marty was fucking lazy outside of his Shingo and Sho matches. His Ishimori match is one of the worst of the year and his Gresham match was a PWG match in slow motion in front a crowd that didnt know who the fuck Gresham was. That match was so poorly put together for the crowd its unbelivable.
ELP was good in two matches and fucking garbage in the rest. His work doesnt fit his character AT ALL outside of his contrived, repetitive ballstomp, he still does all his shitty britwres bullshit that is designed to draw pops out of inebriated obese shitchanting brits.
Hes 6ft tall in the land of the midgets and he doesnt employ that to his advantage AT ALL. He just still does his awkward lanky whiteboi lucha shit that looks bad and makes his opponent look like a drooling retard. Incredibly shallow wrestler.

Fuck off contrarian.

'ELP is bad' is not contrarian thought. Its a fact.

based

Marty was weird yeah, the Shingo match was amazing, but then some of the wrestlers (the ones who were less popular) he really phoned it in. Clearly he thinks he's a superstar and too big for this now, just waiting to go to Eh Ee Dub.

ELP has been in Japan less than a month, give him a bit more time before judging him to figure this shit out on his own. You're right, but he has spent the last few years performing for us when we're drunk and will cheer for the rope walk.

Fuck off contrarian

Its not about it being british fans, that was just for a point of levity in the post. Japs like the ropewalk because the live crowd are seeing it live, of course they are going to like a big spot. The problem is he isnt thinking about the home viewer AT ALL when he does it. Seeing the same contrived spot 9 matches in a row is not fun, it immediately takes you out of it. Especially when he manages to put together an otherwise fantastic match, see his Ospreay and Rocky matches, those two DID NOT need the spot at all and he still included them. Hes 33 or something and a 14 year veteran, he should just know better.
I think he could actually be fantastic if he leans into his length a bit more, start doing more 'shoot' strikes with worked kickboxing and suplexes and submissions to shut down and cut off the face opponent. Its just backwards to me.

No, you're thinking of Banshitter.
I thought I hated ELP's ring work after the first match, turns out it was all Bandido's fault

Bandidos best match was his Narita match because he was forced to condense everything into 7 minutes and work with a somewhat solid base because he was a young lion.