It's meaningless

it's meaningless

Attached: 8389445031.jpg (800x561, 71K)

I don't think I've ever witnessed a company absolutely bury a title a literal hour after it's reveal.

>logo all over it
holy cringe we get it

Damn who do you guys think is gonna be the first AEW AEW AEW AEW AEW AEW AEW AEW AEW AEW AEW AEW AEW AEW AEW Champion?

>literal onions belt

Attached: 001_TITLE_01252019gd_0033--dac481c89a52acf68e31f927a781539e.jpg (1200x675, 137K)

how was the title buried?

They put it on a 50 year old man who's worth nothing in the industry. Everyone has forgotten about Jericho already.

All comes down to how they book it. It already feels kind of important the way they rolled it out, but once Hangman or Jericho win it they have to be careful.

Ot an answer.

It's not on him yet

Holy shit I didnt see the AEW logo all over the leather lmoa

Attached: 1472388439593.png (173x280, 99K)

literal jobbing to the based wordfilter

to be fair though, people are going to bitch no matter who they put it on
>any of the elite
hurrrrrrr booking themselves to go over fucking self mark faggots
>moxley
hurrrrrrr putting the strap on an ex wwe guy this is tna all over again
>anyone else
hurrrrrrr literally who no dimes this company can't draw

Better than a fruit roll up kids toy.

Jericho didn't win the belt. The match was to face the winner of the battle royal (hangman page). The match was originally set to be Page vs PAC for the title. So this was just a filler match with a tagged on stipulation to make up for the dropped title match .

aew looks so out of place on that belt

YA GONNA CRY LIL DRONIE?

Attached: 220px-Ron_Perlman_2016.jpg (220x298, 21K)

It's amazing to see anons try so hard to shit on this belt's look, as if certain alternatives aren't MUCH worse
I'm not gonna lie; I'd change the design a bit. And yes, there's too much of the logo on the belt for my liking
But Jesus, at least it actually looks like a championship belt and not a toy, like a certain other wrestling company's "belts"

>fruit rollup kids toy
The fuck?

Jericho winning is the smart thing to do. Then you figure out which babyface is gonna chase the belt while Jericho sneaks out wins. Long term booking is the way to go if they want to win.

The belt or your life?

This

Tell me what you think is more meaningful, winning the AEW title or winning the IWGP heavyweight?

Jericho's the #1 contender retard not the champion
You're literally shitposting about stuff you know nothing about holy rent free lmao

It was also the smart thing to do so people won't say that AEW is just pushing/giving titles to the elite.

in kayfabe, probably the IWGP since it has a long established legacy. in terms of dimes in the US, AEW since they will have a weekly show on a major cable network.

depends how many total people AEW can draw in their first year of touring. More? AEW, less? IWGP.
Go by that or total profits of the company.

Universal belt

I think Jericho is gonna win both the AEW and IWGP belts, and then lose them to Kenny and Naito at WK.

Ahh ok gotcha

They arent having an absentee IWGP champ for the G1 tour, and that fat boomer fuck Jericho isnt working a G1 tour.

Jericho legit looked like shit. He's always had a fringe body but his chest just looks so cringe now and the attire choice didnt help. How the fuck does your chest just cave in like that, must be all the alcohol abuse

both

Doesn't matter, CMLL draws more people than New Japan but winning their titles mean nothing. Its about the reputation and prestige that can only be built through years history and star wrestlers

All the stars would be there. The idea would be to do a solid to AEW and get their belt over.

>Its about the reputation and prestige that can only be built through years history and star wrestlers
this is pretty marky, but you got it right at the end and kind of answered you're own question. we'll know based on how their weekly show on TNT goes. if they create wrestlers that become household names, AEW's title will be more valuable.

'do a solid' to the company that signed Trent out from under them after he verbally agreed to re-sign. Tried to sign Juice, a guy they built from zero. Went straight to their local competitors in DDT and DG when they told them they couldnt do business yet. And went straight to NJPW partner CMLLs main competition in Mexico.
They should tell them to pound sand and work on actually selling out a dome and dominating the local market and UK/Aus.

almost as meaningless as the universal title

universal title has been booked strong
sorry does brock hurt your feelings?

>universal title has been booked strong
>Current champ won it in a match that was under 3 mins with a low blow

Attached: 87878.jpg (694x694, 62K)

erm...
>inaugural champion vacates next day due to injury
>belt literally handed to eat owens eat
>oreowens jobs to bork
>bork squashed by oldberg
>bork takes the belt back and shows up with it 3 times a year
>bork jobs to jasethey and ratings tank
where's the part where it was booked strong? did i miss it?

The curtain jerker at Mania? That title? Strong?

cope

If AEW draws millions of people for TV and treat the title with prestige. AEW for sure.

honestly looks like a ripoff IWGP title

not even close.

similar color, similar shape of the center plate, similar placement of the name panel. it's not a 1 to 1 but they clearly lifted a lot of design elements off the IWGP title.

Attached: IWGPtitle.jpg (512x316, 36K)

>a wrestling title is gold with a black strap and has the company's logo in the middle
>they clearly lifted a lot of design elements
wut

Attached: 1513438568344.jpg (499x481, 28K)

Everyone's forgotten about Jericho my fucking ass.

psst, let him, he is slightly retarded

there's very obviously other shit named in the post, are you being a dense fanboy on purpose?

Unironically looks like the World Champion of Scrabble championship.

>one is dual plated, the other looks to be all gold
>one has jewels featured heavily in the design, the other does not
>one has name plates like the stanley cup, the other does not
>one has logo in the leathering, the other does not
>one is a kayfabe governing body belt, the other is a company branded belt
they differ more than they have anything in common tbqh

Attached: 1453080814478.jpg (480x360, 84K)

ah yes a title that has been on tv 5 times in the last year and a half. very important

whatever happen to this belt? Did Coffee Black and New Day smoke it?

You're only fooling yourself.

I warned you!

i know, user. i know. i took the tard bait. it's my fault.

Attached: 1537053690552.gif (320x240, 1.73M)

Só €€OYBOYS SEETHING

Attached: wwmeme-seethe.png (736x864, 41K)

A lot of wrestling championships have had a similar design. Look at WCW World Championship, the old WWF championship, Dragongate, DDT, hell step outside of wrestling and look at what the UFC championships looked like. Funnily enough, a lot of championships are gold and with black strap, have a large roundish centre plate, and have a name plate below the main design of the belt.

Not splintered off from any previous World Title, so it's got a lot to build to, to actually be a World title.

Universal Title is not a World title.

Wow you're a cunt.

At the moment yes, but at least it looks meaningful instead of likea fucking toy. The color coded belts are bad, no matter how you feel about WWE. It genuinely is the worst Late Stage Sports Entertainment meme.

>Not splintered off from any previous World Title, so it's got a lot to build to, to actually be a World title.
that's why they should have Aldis come in and challenge whoever holds it. at this point it's just a company title. call them a paper champion and remind them that they have no tie to the original world's title. it'd benefit both companies to have a champion vs champion match

Attached: 0219-800x396.jpg (800x396, 157K)

i don't watch alot of WWE and even i know that's bullshit.

it says something when it's longest title reigns are vacant & lesnar and Lesnar with the belt might as well be a vacant title given how often he shows up.

"muh ratings" not withstanding you could make an argument that it's being booked strong on rollins but lesnar is totally gonna cash in on him and kill that pretty quick.

you forget to mention Reigns giving the rub to cancer

Oh no what a fucking retard

To me that wasn't the worst. It was his barrel stomach. He was oozing out the sides. Literally seemed to get winded after every other move including chops.

They're going to put on Jerihoe because there is no way that porker blows off Vince and the meal ticket and good will he had there (being able to choose dates and come back whenever he wanted) unless Cody had promised him the strap for a significant amount of time. Jerihoe is mark for himself through and through. They think it will be good lineage because he was the first Undisputed WWE champ and that's what they what to be able to use to channel prestige into their title. Which is horseshit because it goes against their whole "we arent about the WWE here'.

Also title looks like they got a discounted IWGP mold and stamped their logo on it.

Too many fucking logos. I don't care how nice it looks, that ruins it.

Attached: 5qihdzsz5d031.png (1920x1080, 2.23M)