AEW Double Or Nothing post PPV

how'd you rate it, what did you like, what did you not, how can it improve for the next show... etc etc

Attached: MOOOOOOOX.jpg (933x1101, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/rainmakerXokada/status/1132495908740816896
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bretty gud
7/10

they need to get rid of JR though

awesome kong return, cody/dustin, omega/alpha, and mox were the only actually good things

Bretty Based Show that left you wanting and expecting more. WWE shows usually just end with people bitching. JR is terrible though.

7/10. For their first show, it was really good! They need to improve their camera work for real television. Aside from a cringe segment on the pre-show, the writing was much better than WWE, so they'll get even better. Its going to take time to develop.

8/10.
Preshow was alright.
First few matches were alright.
Last 3 matches and the bit at the end were fucking brilliant.

This. Definitely not "greatest PPV of all time" by a long shot like Mark Khan promised to me.

JR wasn't bad at all what the fuck PPV were you watching? And I shat on his New Japan stuff

6/10
Cody vs Dustin and MOX really bump up the rating for me. Joshi match was alright but everything else was boring or just spotfests.

I was gonna give it a solid 8/10 but after Mox appeared it's a 9. Think the camera work could improve a bit and lose the guy that's not named JR or Excalibur whose name I cannot remember, solid show.

Literally only good thing about it was a WWE rematch between ex-WWE style workers. Says alot about their clout and influence. Rest of the card was your typical indie shit that everyone forgets by the next day

If last year's Dominion is a 10/10, this is a pretty solid 9.

Definitely enough to compete with WWE
Main weapons: willing to do more gritty shitty (Cody VS Dustin) and Joshi's (2nd best match on the card offering something really different from what WWE is willing to do, the crowd really got into it)

I didn't watch it

4/10
Joshis were fun, Cody vs Goldust was fantastic, and the Dean surprise was also exciting. Other than that, the show was middling-to-boring.

i think that was his first show, he wasn't bad, just needs work. aravez or something

Same as All In, it only got ok until the 2nd part of the show

One thing I thought was fantastic was how the lights were on the ring and dimmed in the crowd. They need to stop the crowd panning, nobody gives a fuck about their reactions. Keep it on the wrestlers. WWE does that same shit and it drives me nuts.

>pre-show and first match or two
HOLY FUCKING CRINGEOLA PRE-ORDER CANCELED
>everything else after that
HOLY FUCKING BASED TAKE MY DIMES CODY

Attached: 1516495657933.jpg (720x644, 56K)

I'll give him a pass then, but that dude better get good real quick cause they're in the shit now and this train aint stopping

Battle Royal was shit
Twink pre-show match was OK
Opening 6 man was pretty good
Women's match was horrific
Best Frens vs Whoever was forgettable
Cody v. Dustin was KINO
Belt was awesome
MJF was awesome
Bret was cringey
Bucks v Luchas was great
Omega v Jericho was OK
Moxley was brilliant
JR was amazing

Was good where it counts. 7/10

c'mon man, what about the lucha bros match

Terrible. Vince is laughing and RAW will probably have the greatest ratings ever when people come crawling back Monday after that shitshow.

7/10
>Lows
Battle Royale was a mess, and nobody gave a fuck about Guevara vs Sabian, but that's what preshows are for. Women's match was meh, wasn't bad but wasn't great either. Evans & Angelico were really sloppy and brought down Best Friends. Bucks vs Lucha Bros went on too long and had too many knockouts, other than that it was good and got over with the crowd. Omega vs Jericho wasn't as good as it could have been but was still good and served its purpose of introducing Moxley and setting up the future.

>Highs
End of the Battle Royale was good once it down to the last four or five. Hangman looks really good. Joshi match introduced everybody to the Joshi style and displayed some great character work and great psychology. Cody vs Dustin was absolute KINO from start to finish, and was probably MOTN. Moxley's run-in at the end was absolute DIMES and left everybody hyped for the next PPV.

>Other thought
Guevara vs Sabian showed some limited psychology for two guys who are normally purely flippy guys. This shows that AEW is trying to incorporate those elements into their young developmental talent, which bodes well for the future.

Overall it was a great show that I thoroughly enjoyed once the preshow was done, and worth the $50. I'm definitely hyped for the next show.

How bad you think Graves will bully Rene on Monday?

>They need to stop the crowd panning, nobody gives a fuck about their reactions.
I do.
Been a wrestling fan since 1990 and I've always liked watching the crowd mark out.

>knockouts
Fucking phones, I meant kickouts

MJF has future champ written all over him

The last three matches really delivered and the Awesome Kong and Moxley surprises were solid, also the title belt looks nice and it felt like a well produced show (mostly) 8/10

I appreciated that the camera angles for the matches wasn't retard shit like wwe

Attached: 1545019135386.jpg (631x505, 23K)

Okada is one of the real ones:
twitter.com/rainmakerXokada/status/1132495908740816896

9/10

I gave no shits about any of the non-legends in this PPV before tonight, but I am invested now.

That Golddust match was fucking insane.

>They do 10 counts here, it's more realistic.
>I forgot where I am..

He reminds me too much of The Miz, if he can wrestle better than him (which shouldn't be an achievement) I agree.

>the best match was the women tag match
That was an abortion of massive proportions. It's dead come dec 2020 (and I'm being extremely generous here)

MJF has that "i'm gonna jump the barrier and shoot fight this motherfucker " levels of heat, dude has IT

And their choreographed spoftfest with the Bucks? Boring.

t. michael hayes

7.5/10
they need to bring in Tony Schiavone instead of JR, JR has lost it

7.5/10

I likeded it

Wonderful first shot.
8/10. Hopefully they can build on this snowball. AEW's honestly looking bright.

best parts of the show were goldust v cody and mox's run-in
joshi match was fun
bucks match was okay
jericho v omega was a bit shit
title presentation was boring
missed everything before that
last half of the show is 7/10, kept my interest but lots of room for improvement

8/10
needed to be 1-2 matches shorter... woulda cut the joshi tag team match

9/10. I want to see how this ages going forward before giving it a 10, but it was damn near perfect. I wouldn't call it the greatest PPV of all time, but it may be the greatest American PPV of the decade.

>21-man battle royale
based because of Luchasaurus and the boomers

>Sammy vs Manlet #1
cringe

>SCU vs Strong Hearts
based

>Angelico/Evans vs Best Friends featuring Literal Who
cringe but Angelico/Evans looked based

>womeme fatal fourway
meh because Awesome Kong is based but the other three are cringe

>joshi
based

>CAWdy vs Sawdust
meh because the story was based but the execution was cringe

>Bucks vs Bros
CRINGEOLA more of the same shit we saw on AAA

>Jeriboomer vs Omega
BASEDOLA

4 baseds - 3 cringes + 2 mehs = base (but not based) so about as good as MITB 2019

They extended it way too much, it could have been way better if they finished 5 minutes earlier with the lucha bros taking the W

And yeah, the SCU match was pretty good, no idea why people been sleeping on it, the midget chink lifting people was kino.

Attached: 1512086051010.jpg (720x644, 52K)

it really needs to cut down on the comedy spots and the goofy ass characters but it has alot of potential

jr is the booker t of commentary
i thought he was good

7/10 on match quality
10/10 on importance to business

they cant fuck up now. this is great for all sides, wrestlers and fans. with a tv deal and big names, wwe guys who get dumpstered have a place to go now.

People keep comparing him to Miz, but I think his delivery is already way better than Miz. Granted, he's allowed to talk like a person, which Miz isn't.

A hard 5.
The YB spotfest was okay
Omega vs Jericho was good
Cody vs Dustin was good.
Awesome Kong was a nice surprise
Mox wasn't a surprise
Everything else was blah.

Overhyped show. If the hype wasn't so much it could have been a solid 7

but that was the best non-elite match tho

If they want the double team focused tag division Im into it but they need to be 10 minutes because the damage to kick out ratio is absurd.

Attached: based.jpg (431x768, 28K)

Dude is Miz-lite, face it and fuck off -- mark

I think he's like the miz, but if he wasn't a bit of a faggot. basically he's chad miz, which is a perfect heel.

Attached: ooh.png (355x364, 167K)

agree
also it shows how shit babyface miz is

sacked in the morning

****1/4 desu, it started out a bit slow, the BF fight picked it up a bit, bret was a huge surprise, and then it was pure dimes and incredibly memorable from that point onward.
unfortunately pic related is still missing, too bad he had to work a double shift today.

Attached: cmwaffle.png (350x245, 173K)

Cody vs Dustin best match of the night

Preshow was a wash, junk, barely watchable

Jericho vs Omega was fine, so was the Bucks vs Lucha Bros

everything else? zzzzzz

AEW gonna have to do better than this going forward. For all of their promises of presenting a more respectable, serious product, they still put on and entertained a lot of goofy ass indie shit

Felt a lot like old wcw/attitude era
I am legit interested in AEW now

Where can I download it? Anyone? I bought it but I want a rewatch

The Cody/Dustin match sold me. I was disappointed by the Jericho/Omega match but Moxley showing up redeemed it. Overall I'd say I enjoyed it way more than I have WWE over the past few years.

tye dillinger getting over
DEAN
dumb gimmicks like the attitude era
blood
cursing

things i fucking hate
heel authority figure
cody and his friends circlejerk
cornyass characters like the librarian
flippyshit
false ends

instead of being a parody of wwe, i hope they take themselves more seriously

Thought it was great. Only bad match was the pre-show match with the two cruiserweights. Went into it thinking it would be terrible but it was all good fun.

They need to improve on the camerawork, I'm hoping it was just shit tonight because the ringside area was small / narrow.

the thing is, miz is derivative of a thousand heels that have come before him
arrogant trash talking heel isn't anything new

No torrents yet?

6/10

matches were good. camerawork is bad. they seriously need to get rid of all the cringey comedy spot BS, also I thought they were going for a more sportslike presentation? i didn't see any of that shit except for the Tale of the Tapes thing, that's it

2/10, all the simps rating this over 5 should just go to reddit or /wew/. This is coming from an oldfag of the WWE days. One of the few things worse than that show was when you pops ur bonce roncethe cornew and des his gona sasd ewrg

2/10
>Bucks exposing the business
>Midcards guys pretending to be main eventers
I was expecting something different

Their camera work sucks. They need to get rid of all that blue light on the crowd. Get rid of small anti-draws like Jungle Boy, diet Miz guy, Adam Page, etc. Commentary is ass. They need to make some kind of blood sacrifice and sign Jay White so they can save their company.

Im looking, I cant find any!

The lucha bros match was bad booking, flippy shit and Penta seems way less cool than Lucha with endless cero miedos and arm break being used right in the middle with little effect. Jericho - Omega was ok but a womeme tier botchfest, I'm worried about Jericho Okada. Moxley was dimes. Didn't care to watch the rest

>I bought it but I want a rewatch
i am sure 100% sure if you bought it you have the rewatch included

10/10 just for Mox alone, everything else was a bonus.

I got it through xfinity PPV, and Im not seeing an option to rewatch on my browser or anywhere else.

>how'd you rate it
5/10
>what did you like
The start of the last two matches, unfortunately I missed the entire Joshi match, that would've probably topped the list for me
>what did you not
Cody vs Dustin, womens match, best friends, SCU
>how can it improve for the next show..
Production needs a lot of work, as does the commentary. JR sounded completely out of his league.

5/10
Joshi and CAWdy were good. Rest felt like something I'd see during a wwe ppv. They really need to improve their camera work.

8/10. JR was rusty as hell and the Young Bucks/Lucha Bros spammed finishers and went too long. Cody vs Dustin was peak wrestling kino. The future is bright, boys.

Attached: videotogif_2019.05.16_03.48.19.gif (680x383, 2.48M)

Every time the show started to get into its groove there was someone missing their cue, acting awkward, or some kind of hideous botch. So many simple things took me out of the show like no one being quite sure how to AEW World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt. They kept calling the AEW heavyweight belt or AEW Title belt or some other improper combination. Bret revealed it at the wrong time and wasn't facing the camera when he did it.

It's just such a rough half formed product. Like they got the stage and lighting and all that down but it's clear these guys are still 75% in indie mode and things just aren't lining up right.

I'll give them another shot next time but jeez get it together

>the midget chink lifting people was kino
The half-dozen or so guys on the internet that rave about Dragon Gate hated T-Hawk and Lindaman because Lindaman had bad facepaint and T-Hawk messed up a promo once and the middle-aged pujos that make up DG's audience didn't take to him.

Turned out that once you got them away from there they were actually pretty good. Same with PAC who actually had to go to WWE to learn how to work since the only thing DG teaches people is how to cycle.

>WWE does that same shit and it drives me nuts.
They stopped doing that the last hour of RAW because they're bringing back Warzone. Arena's blacked out starting at the top of the hour, then it's just the ring. Really wish they did it all the time though.

>woulda cut the joshi tag team match
Still seething over being wrong rovert?

8/10
Rhodes match was excellent. AAA Tag was great though like many I thought it went on longer than needed and it kinda brought the crowd down for the ME. I really liked the opener and the joshi match too. I think the opener got too much shit from here cause of the preshow, people were still in nitpick shitpost mode.
3rd match was very spot/carcrash heavy but good and watchable. It was exactly what I expected from Evans and Angelico though. ME was ok, I wasnt really feeling it desu. Nice to see Moxley though.
Womens match was nothing outside of the Kong pop.

I enjoyed this more than All In and do want to see more.

Attached: 1557024646540.jpg (198x177, 21K)

I only started at the Cody/Dustin match and want to see the entire show but:

>Cody vs. Dustin was dimes
>AEW world title looks sick and Bret was a great surprise, shame the actual reveal got a camera botch
>MJF has future star written all over him and cut a great promo, Hangman needs to get a better physique but he's got something going, Jungle Boy felt really out of place though
>Bucks vs. Luchas was a crazy fun spotfest
>Jericho vs. Omega was a fun main event but the ending took me out a bit because of how sudden and clean it was
>Moxley showing up and going crazy was pure kino

8/10, excited for the next month's show. If they can keep it up and tighten up the production and camerawork, it's going to be something special.

Attached: 1468224825806.png (421x315, 167K)

10/10. Honestly the best wrestling event I’ve seen in 15 years. It was objectively fucking amazing.

Attached: 1AA07B31-7F58-49B3-8D05-76A10CDD8908.jpg (1029x759, 44K)

joshi match was dimes faggot. the other shitty women's match should have been cut.

nah he was good, and sets good example for new announcers

>Hangman winning
was dope
>jack evans in general
worked his ass off
>MJF promo on bret the shitman
based actually seems good now just from that alone
>Lucha Bros
god damn fucking ding-dong diddly based holy DIMES
>lucha bros losing
KYS YOUNG KEKS
>Cody vs Dustin
DIMES
>Dustin bleeding to death
ULTIMATE DIMES
>Kenny vs Jericho
ehhh not as good as the NJPW match
>Kenny losing
What the fuck i get making jericho "legit" but cmon. We know Kenny is 1-0 to jeribloat, but the new fans tuning in do not. They killed their top guy a bit.
>Moxley debuting
DIMES FUCK
>Ex-WWE guys
tonights amount should be the max

oh also
>SCU winning
literally fucking cringe as shit. only good wrestler from them is scorpion whatever. OWE guys were dimes and great
>Rating
8.5/10

Felt like a old WCW show, both good and bad.

Ended strong though. I'd say 8/10