Who was the bigger draw? I say Hogan

Who was the bigger draw? I say Hogan

Attached: HoganAustin_crop_north.jpg (540x360, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pjo6xazVvME&t=2m45s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Austin.
The books say so.

Austin is the biggest draw in wrestling history
Other people have drawn more due to longevity but at his pinnacle Austin drew more than absolutely anyone else ever

Overall longevity is Hogan, peak drawing power is Austin

Austin's just some simp who got put in a feud with McMahon cause Bret left, while the industry was getting hot thanks to Hogan turning heel and revolutionizing wrestling by making it appealing to adults instead of retarded children. The nWo is still recognized today unlike Austin and when they came to WWE, Hogan worked with Rock and Austin went back the midcard where he belonged.

There's no boom period without Hogan. Austin was doing his 3:16 promos in bingo halls to crickets, while Sid was getting a bigger r

Stone cuck simp austin never drew a dime

hulk. boomers that didnt even watch wrestling knows who he is.

When Hogan came crawling back to the WWE for relevancy, Austin declined to work with him. Just absolutely son'd a supposed legend like Hogan.
That's the level of star that Austin is. He so surpasses Hulk that he didn't even need him.

This. Hogan marks will forever be forced to cope.

When they were competing directly in the late nineties Austin came on top. Now I don't know how things would go if they would compete a decade earlier.

In WWE history, Austin. In wrestling history, Hogan.

Before his WWE run, Austin was not a draw. Hogan was a draw before WWE and after, and then came back, and then left, and everywhere he went, even Japan and TNA, Hogan was drawing like a madman. Austin's run at WWE was huge, but Hogan did it for longer and everywhere he went.

Hogan drew as a face in the 80s with Hulkamania and as a heel with the NWO in the 90s. Not even a comparison.

It was honestly probably because Hogan could big league him

Shut the fuck up Debra

Hulk is an american pop culture icon. Austin was a fad and I say that as a big fan of his.

youtube.com/watch?v=pjo6xazVvME&t=2m45s

Austin's star was rising well before Vince feuded with him, but I would agree that Austin needed Vince as a villain to play off of.

thats simply not true

Hulkamania is a fucking meme, the business was nearly dead by the time Hogan left WWF. He lucked out with the NWO angle.

Hogan by far

That's Meltzer's bullshit narrative

hulkamania and nwo were the draws, not hogan

Hulk Hogan was seriously one of the most famous characters of that era. You could mention him in the same sentence as Arnie. Austin, not so much in terms of international super stardom. I look at this in terms of what my parents were aware of. They knew Hulkster and could recognise him. They would have gone "who?" if asked about Austin and would not have recognised his photo. But that was UK, where WWF is more hidden away on satellite TV. I'm sure it's different in america.

Hogan by virtue of not having his neck broken.

Keep in mind Austin is only one year older than Taker. He could have feasibly kept drawing insane amounts for another 15 years.

Hogan - 20+ years as a draw
Austin - 2 1/2 years as a draw

Sup Moxley

Austin drew more in 4 years than Hogan did in his entire career

Hulkster

If that were true, then explain why 80s WWF was pulling in over 10 million viewers while 90s WWF & WCW had 10million channel flippers

Steve was the largest merchandise seller in the business however. but if 80s WWF actually had connections with companies that could produce the amount of merch 90s WWF did, Hogan would be dominating there too. Remember kids, LJN was a mistake.

Hogan is the GOAT

Too bad WWE fucked up everything at this point, you could see the heat between these two motherfuckers just in the picture, Hogan versus Rock being followed up by Austin getting in there, then later on those guys all in the ring in legit feuds with Cena, Orton and Batista. Kane and Undertaker versus Hall and '92 where first Hall and co. are taking the piss out of Kane and Taker, then they show up and whoop the shit out of them, and things get serious. Evolution getting their long ass promos interrupted by NWO, Rock, Austin etc... all the time. Goldberg versus Kane and Carder in legit feuds, Brock whupping the shit out of NWO, then NWO pull some Starcade shit and Goldberg shows up to help Brock, and it's Brock and Goldberg as an unstoppable team.

When I think about it, Hogan was the bigger draw purely because of all the retarded 80s gimmick bullshit they threw on his wall to see what stuck (Pastamania, that stupid foam battle helmet) and he still endured while Steve was required to stick to a very specific formula and the moment he deviated from that interest both on his and the fans' parts instantly tanked

Steve Austin may have broke some of Hulk Hogan's WWE records but we aren't just talking WWE here; we are talking about the ENTIRE industry. Hogan was on of the pioneers of merchandise in pro wrestling - he was selling shirts in AWA. In Hogan's day merchandise as a revenue stream had to be built from the ground up & the only way to get it was at arena or mail order over the telephone. I wouldn't hesitate to put up Hogan's thirty plus years of merchandise sales up against Austin's.

Hogan transitioned pro wrestling into mainstream & was responsible for 2 boom periods - Austin is responsible for 1 boom period. Hogan is the most recognisable name in the industry - Austin is not. Hogan has legendary status in Japan - Austin does not.

The most-watched pro wrestling match in U.S. history is Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant on Saturday Nights Main Event on February 5, 1988 drawing a 15.2 rating & 33 million viewers. The second most-watched pro wrestling match in U.S. history was Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage vs. Twin Towers on The Main Event on February 2, 1989 drawing an 11.6 rating & 21 million viewers. Steve Austin's most-watched match was against The Undertaker on RAW on June 28, 1999 drawing a 9.5 rating & 10.72 million viewers.

The biggest paid attendance event headlined by Hogan was WrestleMania III with 93,173. The biggest paid attendance event headlined by Austin is WrestleMania X7 with 67,925. Hogan headlined 11 WrestleMania's, 3 Starrcade's & numerous Tokyo Dome's (under WWF/AJPW, WWF/SWS & NJPW) banner. Austin only headlined 4 WrestleMania's.

Biggest paid in attendance in WWE history that wasn't a PPV is The Big Event on August 28, 1986 headlined by Hogan vs. Orndorff with 64,100.

this is a veyr good way to put it

2/10 needs more subtlety.

Hogan was a draw before Austin and still being one after Austin.

What village were you living in lad? Everyone knew who Austin was it was the only time wrestling had cultural relevance in the UK

this

Austin - draws more in a tenth of the time

Hogan was a huge draw from 1984 to around 1990 or 1991. Then again from 1996-1998. Austin was a draw from 1998 to 2001 and he was out hurt for nearly a full year of that. No comparison. Austin's best year might have been better than Hogan's best, but Hogan was a draw for nearly a decade altogether.

damn you did ur research

what was kevin nash doing in 92?

beating big black men into submission

Attached: vegasatlas.png (635x509, 486K)

Fpbp its Austin

Based

ding-dong diddly this
vince and rock carried the attitude era while bald old seethe autism rode their coattails

Easily Hogan

I don't know or care who was a "draw" because I don't work in the wrestling industry, and don't own WWE stock. However, I know that Austin was more entertaining to watch.

Hulk Hogan is a cut below Arnie culturally and you know it.