WOR: PAC & AEW Situation

>It was indeed a DG Title issue
>They did a 15 minute match in England, in post match angle PAC said he wont be coming to AEW. This was done to write him off for the next little while
>AEW didnt just want to cancel the match outright so they did the match in England that will be released this week.
>Dave speculates he wont be back until he drops that title
>AEW didnt want to do a DQ finish because they want wins/loses on their PPVs.
>They didnt want to do a time limit draw for 2 reasons. Time issues as well as previous draw finishes involving PAC in UK have been booed (Notably Ospreay vs PAC). They want this show to be near perfect and dont want the fans to boo.
>Issue wasnt just this show, PAC refusing to lose would fuck up their long term plan and they had to change things. Hence why he thinks they wont use him.
>They want win/loses to matter, even if they were going to put PAC over here, if the wins/loses matter logically he'd be in a title match or some type of big match against a guy like Omega or equivalent at All In 2. Lets say they want PAC to lose here but then they cant because he refuses to lose while champ. Dave speculates that this was indeed the plan due to the 6 man tag booked at Jacksonville show.
>AEW says they have a better match planned, Dave says if they deliver everyone will forget this happened, if they don't they'll get criticized.
>Dave says there's the argument that fans want the match that was advertised vs AEWs decision of doing what they think is best long term.

Attached: 3d22b-15550653279161-800.jpg (600x338, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6DVu9vF5J3Y
twitter.com/JESnowden/status/1129881949512896512
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

got an audio link?

youtu.be/6DVu9vF5J3Y

This type of markism and taking this shit too seriously to please the smarks is killing the business. Nothing wrong with occasional smosh/DQ chaos.

>Nothing wrong with occasional smosh/DQ chaos.
Yes, but for the first show?

What a fucking mess

Your first major show isn't the place for it ya simp.

Why not just do a triple threat and have some other dude eat the pin

mfw Austin Aries or Enzo is the replacement because they are former WWE Cruiser weights champion and Enzo is the last one who beat Pac clean and Meltzer is trying to sell how amazing of a replacement it is.

Attached: 1557330360295.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

DQs are cheap on ppvs

Well the problem it sounds like, is he was supposed to win at DoN. But then go on to lose to Omega in some form and that's where DG/PAC said:

>Stop. We've got PAC on a 7 month undefeated streak, the rub from that is supposed to go to a Dragon gate guy. We don't care how big of a promotion you are and how big of a star Omega is. We've been building PAC up for 7 months, Omega will not hand him his first loss.

This is why it's hard to deal with promotions you don't have a working relationship with.

>>Stop. We've got PAC on a 7 month undefeated streak, the rub from that is supposed to go to a Dragon gate guy. We don't care how big of a promotion you are and how big of a star Omega is. We've been building PAC up for 7 months, Omega will not hand him his first loss.
Also this is completely valid thing for DG to say. They should have said that. And good on PAC for being loyal to DG. But this should have been negotiated long before they had their press conference.
A growing pains. And they have lost one of the marquee matches.
Also I goofed in other threads here, where I thought Hangman was supposed to get his big win.
So I apologize to user who said that ELITE would be mocking Hangman for not being able to win. Because it seems like the user was right. And I can just shake my head in disbelief that they would let Hangman eat a loss on their first show.

WTF. It’s wrestling. The results are predetermined. It’s 2019 people understand this.

>This is why it's hard when you use a fucking talent that are not exclusive to your promotion.
Any independent contractors should by all right have the right to say "That finish don't work for me, brother".

>don’t want people to boo

Not for a company that swears wins and losses are gonna mean everything

They would be fucking crucified for having a shitty DQ finish on what was the original AEW title match.

>WTF. It’s wrestling. The results are predetermined.
And what is your point?

AEW literally said that in their company win and losses mattered then some of the retards are shocked that they actually try to make wins and losses matter

How come they're called 'The Elite' when only Omega is an elite wrestler? Cody is literally a fairly bad in ring guy compared to most right now.

Just a suggestion:

Don't put a not fully signed guy or girl in one of your marquee matches on your biggest show with the long term story being received a match for your world championship in the future.

The most likely option is Marty Scurll. You sell him as the heel elite guy with a grudge against everyone.

This sounds horrible. So is every match going to be "Both these guys"

This is going to be a hard pase

so
PAC run in post match

>This sounds horrible. So is every match going to be "Both these guys"
I think Dave meant "boo match finishes", not "boo heels".

>We want to respect the art form of pro wrestling with decisive, clean finishes
>It's a sport!

Attached: Anime tip.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

>They didnt want to do a time limit draw
They should have done a double count out. The two guys being so in the match they don't care about the time, and you can set a new match (aftre Pac drops the tile) whith an actual storyline.

>>They want win/loses to matter,

So do a double count-out where PAC spends all the time outside beating the shit out of Hangman like a giga-heel for heat then when there's like 2 seconds left he turns to get back in the ring and Hangmanlet grabs his foot and you get one guy looking like a brutal fucker and one guy looking like a tenacious babyface with the addendum that you have an easy set-up for a rematch.
Wow that was so hard it's almost like wrestling stories are easy you smark retards!

That's meant to be better than Pac? Jesus Christ. Also Marty is in BOSJ at the moment so he won't be there.

This company is dead.

Again we go back to the point I and other user(s) have made.
You do not book non-finish on your first show. That is a bad look.
You do it when you are an established company. If it's your fist show and one of your promoted matches is marred by no contest, you are telling your audience "we will do these often". You do not want that. You want non finishes to mean something, they are very good storytelling device. You do not want to devalue them off the bat.

$11.99 please

They should've just done a DRAW, draws are cool and MATTER, look at Okada/Tanahashi and Okada/Omega

Literally copying and pasting a redditor's hard work and posting it here under the pretence its your own work is vile.

Don't come back to r/squaredcircle

The problem is those kind of fucked up finish already happened before with pac and people are fed up with it. The ending of his match vs osprey got booed and people called bullshit on it.
And they arent gonna put a dude who did a count out lost a world title feud with Kenny fucking omega, it's sad for the guy but hey....

He added meme arrows, so it's his intellectual property now.

crigne both of (You) need to fuck right off

Ledditor stole from WOR and shared it with thousands that didn't pay $11.99. Stealing from a thief is more than okay. Encouraged actually.

I know you are being cheeky, but no.
As I have said elsewhere, draws are good if you have established your promotion record of making wins and losses important. This is a first show. Show that is a building block for what type of stories you are telling and how you do stuff. Draw is something you do later down the line.

I don't see how stablishing Pac as vicious hell make the look bad. Also they want "a more( sports oriented style" draws happen all the time in real sports.

Attached: TELEMMGLPICT000140750860_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq31nZxXR2vc6Bv6VkQe2yCIXSthrvbUeOIFOHj1seZHs.jpg (480x300, 38K)

absolutely retarded on AE-dub's behalf
just put PAC over, he's much better in every way

Also I would like to thank several anons in threads like these, we are talking about promotion and discussing it honestly!
I love when Yea Forums does this, because we for fucking sure aren't a fucking hivemind.
>inb4 cringe

Attached: kairi loves.jpg (676x361, 31K)

>You do not book non-finish on your first show. That is a bad look.

Why?
Giving people a feud to actually care about moving forward that remains unresolved is a good thing. It's not like they have more regular shows after DoN. They could perpetuate the rivalry with segments and bits on social media/their shitty web-show and have it be a reason to watch their show when it actually airs

Honestly cringe.

HOLY CRINGOLA

They could have used a countout victory. It's still a win but has the flexibility of a dq in the sense that a rematch is still on the table plus obligatory no dq or falls count anywhere rematch stipulation.

I agree with you fully. My problem is that this is a first show.
That's all there is to it, really. That kind of finish would be great to do later, but not on your first show.
But Dave (who for sure should have fucking excused himself from "reporting" on AEW, cause he is being used as an advisor) has told us that there will be storyline coming out of this. So I'd say, I am willing to wait and to see what they come up with.

>And they arent gonna put a dude who did a count out lost a world title feud with Kenny fucking omega,
And what is the reason for him to go against omemega in the first place? (besides tony khan wants to see this match). they should know how to build feuds.

>they should know how to build feuds.
They already booked match Bucks+Omega vs. Lucha Bros+PAC at the CEO show.
That's your feud.

But he's the one who summarized it tho. All OP had to do was copy and paste now he's getting all these YOUs that will boost his ego. He doesn't deserve all these YOUs

>It's not like they have more regular shows after DoN
they've got a show every month until October, when they'll have a show every week

This is the kind of autist that watches joshi shit, can't say I'm surprised.

But the winner of the battle royal gets the title show. not PAC?

they do know how to build feuds, as evidenced through All In
they can't build a feud before the match before has happened - if it was going through you would have found out

>And they arent gonna put a dude who did a count out lost a world title feud with Kenny fucking omega,

He was going to lose to Hangmidget though, right? What's your reasoning for doing so, then?
At least a count-out affords you flexibility for a rematch/triple threat, which then reserves potential money singles matches for a later date.

Even better. You can build PAC/Hangman continuously through them. It's something to actually work with that can be a defining early feud.

Who if not omega should give him his first loss? This is ridiculous. DG is just an unimportant small time shit promotion they have not the right to do shit like this and should be glad their midget guy even wrestles on a stage as big as DoN.

>Who if not omega should give him his first loss?
A Dragon Gate wrestler you retard. It's them that's given PAC this undefeated streak. That would be like WCW building an undefeated streak for Goldberg but having him lose to a New Japan wrestler

Sorry bro, your twinks and unproven promotion don't matter nearly as much as you'd like to think

>And they arent gonna put a dude who did a count out lost a world title feud with Kenny fucking omega
If Pac looks like a vicious monster in the during the match i dont see the problem.

And who in DG is good enough to beat his streak? Pls tell me all mighty pro wrestling Insider.. fucking dippshit

DG actually exists with shows though. AEW is literally just a t-shirt company until next weekend.

you don't see the problem because you're used to watching WWE, a promotion with no logic behind anything they do

Cody, just admit you fucked up. Everyone makes mistakes. After all, your daddy named you Cody.

That's why DG maximum champion is trying to elevate the titled and promotion prestige.

AEW seems like "Too many cooks - the promotion". It's going to get super complicated if everyone can pull weight based on what they're doing outwith AEW

DG exists long enough to go big and yet they are just not :'D stop defending this shit promotion you retards

Oh I see, so their thinking should be
>well we're not a big company so fuck it, just let our champ's undefeated streak be broken by someone in a different promotion. What's the point of building a new star with it anyway? We're not a massive promotion so should just stop bothering

You'd be a great businessman.

It's pretty funny to me how people are calling WWE the YOU DESERVE IT era because it rode the highs of two talents, but have no idea what will await them in this locker room of fragile mark egos that already proved they'll walk out if they don't get their way. If they aren't giving literally every one of them wins week after week the roster will be in shambles in no time

That's why I'm not a businessman dude. I would fuck it over in seconds :'D

So when they say wins/losses matter, is it done on a season basis? Like is everything reset at the end of the year?

@6892874
>:’D
kill yourself faggot

Please point the problem whit this.
>you don't see the problem because you're used to watching WWE
No, i'm not you are too paranoid about edrones.
>a promotion with no logic behind anything they do
how do you know this, it may be because you are the one used to watch the wwe?

No I don't think so

i don't think wrestlers are upset because they're not winning every week
they're upset because the WWE has no consistency, logic, and they don't even use half of the people on their roster
nothing matters in the WWE except Roman Reigns

You first fucking e-drone

TNT called it a wrestling league when they announced the TV deal. Don’t know if it means anything.

>stop defending this shit promotion you retards
Says the E-litedrone.

Attached: 1538133473782.jpg (540x564, 98K)

i'll take suspension of disbelief for a thousand, Alex

they should just release a regular show for Double or Nothing, then when the roster is completed that's when they do the W-L records. You can't freaking put people in cross-promotion, and then tell their lending companies that they'll eat a loss.

This is the damage control reason, not the actual reason.
The actual reason is that they're such self-marks they would rather just cancel the match after months of advertising than see their guy not go over.

No but that seems like a good way round the "hurrr I beat you before" shit WWE pulls out every now and again.

>they're upset because the WWE has no consistency, logic
This, almost all reports about the backstage is not about "loosing the titles" it's much more about people hating that there is not logic to the storytelling and that they are maybe getting lot of money, but they are frustrated because they are not satisfied about stuff they do for that money.

>My problem is that this is a first show.
No, your problem is just internet smark autism.

AEW Heavyweight Champ - Kenny
AEW InterUSA/Whatfuckingever Champ - Hangman
AEW Tag Champs - Bucks
AEW Authority Figure/Main heel - Cody

I hope you like this list, you'll be watching it every week for the next few years.

no it would bring attention. imagine during in the middle of this literal who match. someone like Cm punk comes out and knocks both of them out with a steel chair then cuts a stupid promo.

something gay like that would present a buildup for the next carny show.

another person using WWE logic
yea WWE would just change the finish to the other guy winning
but other, competent promotions actually have months (or in NJPW's case, 2 years) of booking planned out at any time. you can't just throw months of plans out the window.

i do!
but i don't believe this will be the case

>they don't even use half of the people on their roster
this bothers me, but for different reasons. i'll cite lucha underground and wcw in their prime as examples. they didn't have to use the same talent on tv every single week. it made it special and worth watching when certain guys would show up bi-weekly. i don't know why wwe doesn't do this. it'd be a lighter schedule, probably preventing injuries, and would possibly make it feel more impactful when certain wrestlers are on the card.

I don't even watch WWE faggot. Why the fuck do you think their ratings go down? WE stoped watching. Wake up dippshit

>you can't just throw months of plans out the window.
And when you do, because of unforseen circumstances, you get Douki in your BoSJ, because you do not have anyone else.
And you have to rebook the whole tour.

Imagine being played by them like a fiddle. That's exactly what they want you to think. BTS already had them go by this shtick. You're retarded for even playing their meta game.

i think it's becasuse they're constantly in panic mode and can't think more than a day ahead

is that really a big deal though?
yea injuries and stuff will happen but it's not like it's fucking up any big plans
you still have to be able to roll with the punches
he's fine for a last minute replacement

>all the AEWtist damage control
cringe

>nu/sp acting like PAC is a draw

your hate for AEW is getting pathetic already,faggots

>but other, competent promotions actually have months (or in NJPW's case, 2 years) of booking planned out at any time
If they had this finish booked months in advance I can't possibly imagine why they waited until a week before the show, after advertising it for months, to cancel it.
If this was planned months ago then there would have been a problem months ago when DG/PAC didn't agree to the finish.

>he's fine for a last minute replacement
I don't like him really. He doesn't belong. He is not good enough in my opinion. But I have to watch his third match to cast judgement really. I didn't like him so far.

>literally WWEdiots who can't comprehend actual booking because they have already tasted the shitty 50-50 booking.

That's hardly the same, that's like if that guy who is friends with the Bucks wasn't in the 21 rumble any more, they'd put someone else in and they'd be better.

>nu/sp
Seething so hard you forgot the a and the other /

he is important for DragonGate.

lmao its a work, meltzer is in their pocket so they are getting him to report bullshit
twitter.com/JESnowden/status/1129881949512896512

>group that made their name being elite pro wrestlers
>this fucking queer expects them to do nothing but job to wwe manlets

His third match is a lot better, less spammy. His whole Mexican bitter for living in the 3rd world for a decade persona is good too.

>Pink Floyd

Attached: file.png (379x214, 46K)

Oh my god, they hired Russo.

AEWtists are literally plebbit so he just fell back on his instinctual typing habits

I don't have a problem with his character and I expected the sleaziness. I don't mind it at all. He just... doesn't know what to do in NJPW really. Both of his tournament matches and one tag I've seen were disappointing.
But that's maybe me being sad that Despy is not in torunament. Fuck, I want to see Despy KILLING KASAI in the Dome.

i agree, nothing official has even been said yet, we definitely don't know the whole story yet
inb4 someone says i'm a AEW apologist

Not only you are a retarded E-lite drone, you also have your reading skills in your asshole.

Russo? Fuck me now it's officialy wcw 2.0

>AEW hasn't even properly got off the ground yet
>Running into kiddy shit like this
It baffles me that they REALLY couldn't figure out a way to book around it. Have Pac win dirty, and say it didn't really count since he cheated or whatever. Do SOMETHING. Fuck, this promotion is going to be a mess if they can't figure simple shit like this out.

I'm tired and stoned what's your excuse for beeing a stupid faggot

i'd rather them change the match than have them do some WWE shit like that

Dave himself has said he has been telling them to do something different.
I would love for him to excuse himself from either reporting on AEW or being consultant for them.
He has been worked by Kenny before.

they ARE doing something and they ARE figuring it out
they haven't even officially said anything yet, and they haven't revealed what their new plans or yet
you're just making a judgement before knowing all the facts

>AEW says they have a better match planned, Dave says if they deliver everyone will forget this happened, if they don't they'll get criticized.
What could it be?

yea i agree
i'm not convinced that he's not working yet though

>you're just making a judgement before knowing all the facts
Not user you are answering, but what I would like to know is
>why book PAC, unbeaten dude, who is known for his loyalty to DG when he has not been pinned in 20 months
>when they found out that PAC won't loose

I'm a regular Yea Forums user.

Attached: 1475430058916.png (418x366, 108K)

Moxley or Punk
probably Moxley

You know, John Cena doesnt have a WWE contract right now........

because they + PAC didn't expect him to still be DG champ

>the work is about creative differences
fucking yikes

>you do not book a non finish on your first show. It’s a bad look
And a better look is backing out on a big match you’ve promoted for 4 months and fucking the fans?

Are they fucking retarded?

I’m pretty sure nobody would’ve cared more than 2 minutes about a non finish. Now they have to deal with a week of heat and criticism about pulling a match they promoted for 4 months. Much better look

Dream match vs Tanahashi confirmed

>Turning what common people know about booking in its head is now called hiring Russo.

you don't know what their new plans are
a shitty finish would be forever

>because they + PAC didn't expect him to still be DG champ
That's what I am thinking as well.
DragonGate is putting lot of stock in PAC now.

>a shitty finish would be forever
and screwing the fans out of the match you promised them altogether isn't forever?

>a shitty finish would be forever
This.
If I am starting new promotion. Especially the one that has put out so many statements about "presenting alternative" I would for sure not book fuck finish.

can someone explain to me in kayfabe how anyone has any claim to this new belt anyways?they haven't had a single show or match to establish who is a contender. all they've had is two guys stand at a podium and say they want the new belt. shouldn't every guy on the roster want to be top guy?

i'll say it again:
you don't know what their new plans are
they could deliver something that still satisfies the fans
it's the wrestling business, shit changes, people get injured, matches get changed
this is something that happens in other wrestling promotions ALL. THE. TIME.
there's just a lot more eyes and scrutiny on AEW right now.

>a shitty finish is forever
And so is pulling the 2nd biggest match that they’ve advertised for 4 months on your debut show

Guess what all any of is going to be talking about from now until the show:
>AEW pulled there 2nd biggest match on their debut show. That sucks

>match you promised them altogether isn't forever?
If you deliver on replacement, all will be forgiven.

More like 4th biggest tbqh

I’d suggest you need to get your priorities in order if you think pulling a big match that you’ve advertised for 4 months is a better option than doing a time limit.

They have not yet announced it is for a championship.
It's been one of the assumptions people made.

Moving the goalposts
They’ve literally been promoting this match since the 1st AEW presser

>tfw Dean vs Hangman happens.

what's ahead of it?
>Kenny vs Jericho is a rematch
>Lucha Bros vs Bucks has been done a million times
>Women's wrestling lol
>Jobber battle royal
Cody vs Dustin maybe i could see because of the build they've done, but that's it.

>AEW shills getting BTFO so hard they're just resorting to "b-b-but the replacement match will be better so it's okay!"
I hope Cody gives you guys an extra packet of relish for all your overtime

Attached: 136482687272.png (327x316, 208K)

>pretend wins/losses matter
>dress up in dick costumes

PAC is a fucking waste of time at this point. He fucks up everything he touches.

b-b-bro luchas vs bucks drew millions I swear!!

>Kenny vs Jericho
>Lucha Bros vs Bucks
>Cody vs Dustin
yeah these are all bigger and more hyped matches.

go take an honest from people who are paying to see the show and those would be the 3 matches they're most interested in.

again, that was the premise of the match from the very first presser. it's been confirmed they've comissioned Dave Millican to make their belt. they even release the silhouette of the belt and stated the design is based in part off the Mid-South NWA belt

Attached: latest.png (839x404, 687K)

C O P E

Attached: 1834862872.jpg (443x300, 21K)

I'm not even interested in AEW, everything involving this dude screams mark for himself.

Yes, but they have not officially announced it as championship match.
It was all just educated guesswork from people. And yes, it made sense. But they have not annoucend it.

It's about honoring the promotion that gave him his rise ya dipstick

Boo the finishes not the performers. He was obviously beating Page and facing Kenny at the Chicago show. DG said that PAC couldn't lose in the near future and AEW put stop to that.

>a shitty finish would be forever.
This t-shirt company will last 5 years max, nobody will care by then.

Read the fucking thread. Dave implied that he was going over Page but losing to Kenny at ALL IN 2. DG didn't want any of that and AEW thinking about long term put a stop to it.

>nobody will care by then.
And one of the things for them to be able to survive (in their minds) they have to rebook this match and give it away for free from Wrestlegate show in England.

still don't understand why Pac can't go over Page and doesn't get booked by AEW again until he lost the title? what changes did it make to long term? Page is still eating a loss either way? Pac can be plug in immediately to a big program further down the road or Page can beat him in a rematch to move up a level.

Something seemed incredibly off in this whole thing, it's a shame that Meltzer is in AEW's pocket that we can't get any reliable reporting in regards to AEW, because his first instinct is damage control.

BASED. What are some good DGmatches?

Because DG didn't want PAC to lose to Kenny Omega either. He's probably holding the DG title until the fall and AEW wanted to do a title match between the two at ALL IN 2.

They promoted PAC+Lucha Bros vs. Kenny+Bucks for CEO show.
This kills the build for ALL IN 2 main event, if it was supposed to be Kenny vs. PAC. Especially if DG decided that PAC is not loosing a fall until end of this year.

All 4 PAC's matches for the title after his return has received praise. he is killing it right now there.

Holy cringe please fuck off back to plebbit or die or both

Cringe imagine taking wrestling this fucking seriously

>They did a 15 minute match in England

so it's a work

They did a match and Dave's words were "They did it so they can give it fans for free" as a way of saying "sorry we cannot give you this on our show at Vegas in a week".

It's not a work. They shoot an angle explaining why the match is off and plant the seeds for a potential feud when PAC is free from the DG title.

Based
Also reminder that drugs are for degenerates DUDE WEED LMAO

I understand that Pac can't lose to Omega until he lost the DG title but why burn fans who were excited for a match that was promoted heavily for almost 6 months? And they do the match anyways at some random show in the UK with the shit finish and burn a big first time marquee match between Pac and Page. Something doesn't quite add up.

They did the shitty finish in UK because AEW didn't want a DQ on their biggest show. That's their mentality.

And that's why we all do them here

That is some fucked up WWE style, cut off their nose to spite their face. AEW got a first time unique match being promoted as the marquee match and they decided to throw it away in a random show in the UK because it fucked with the "long term" even though the match was booked and promoted 6 months ago...

>
>
>I understand that Pac can't lose to Omega until he lost the DG title but why burn fans who were excited for a match that was promoted heavily for almost 6 months? And they do the match anyways at some random show in the UK with the shit finish and burn a big first time marquee match between Pac and Page. Something doesn't quite add up.
It looks like that match against Page at DoN is the start of that storyline that will end at All In 2 against Omega

Based & redpilled.

>cut off their nose to spite their face
Yes. And we shall see what they offer as a replacement.
If the match is off the table (and I was looking forward to the match itself) I want to see what they can replace it with.

>we

Attached: 20190420_233926.jpg (353x353, 70K)

It's better this way than make a big deal of Kenny vs Pac and then do a DQ finish for their championship match. Now they're going to insert X guy beating down Page at DoN and challenge Omega for the title at ALL IN 2.

The ball is on them now. They gotta deliver or people are gonna complain a lot.

Attached: 1557774651709.jpg (1080x1080, 129K)

>The ball is on them now. They gotta deliver or people are gonna complain a lot.
Yup. You are exactly correct.

WORK RETARDIES

Attached: Screenshot_20190518-230008.png (720x1280, 354K)

See

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg (454x550, 32K)

>we
You are hallucinating druggie.

Attached: manlets.webm (500x272, 343K)

WHY WOULD THE YOUNG BUCKS REACT TO IT RETARD. WHY WOULD YOU HYPE UP BAD SHIT FOR THE COMPANY. IF THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG THEY WOULD HUSH HUSH ALL OF IT NOT FUCKING ACTIVELY SHOW IT

Because they are not going to come out and SAY: DG DIDNT WANT THEIR CHAMPION TAKING A L LATER THIS YEAR.

That could burn bridges with PAC and they don't want to expose the politics of wrestling. They rather shoot an angle and plant the seeds for a potential feud down the line.

I think it would be better if they had someone fight page and he would get attacked by pac leading to page losing and whoever page is fighting to win

Is it better though? I mean it depends heavily on who X is and how good is his match with Page is but AEW literally burned a money match in a random show in the UK because they can't build it to a match with Omega half a year down the road? when the fuck is ALL IN 2 is supposed to be?

Attached: 1532303996691.jpg (639x729, 87K)

If there was bad blood that match wouldn't happened

Expect PAC attacking Page in a future event

Kenta

Oh wow dean ambrose replaced pac

Oh wow pac attacked page

Oh wow dean ambrose ascends and pac and page happen in the future

Im calling this shit right now

September. Knowing that is a long term problem with PAC. DG probably told him that he's holding the title until the fall and couldn't lose to Kenny.

Are you implying that PAC vs Omega is supposed to be the first title match? They announced that the winner of the battle royal gets the first title shot.

>pac leading to page losing and whoever page is fighting to win
Yes, they can still do this, but first they have to start it.
From Dave's reporting (and let¨s all take that with a grain of salt), they wanted to give fans at least something. I understand where you are coming from and that's what I would have done (not burn the match I mean), but I can also understand where they come from. If you look at it as a PR move, loosing one money match to get at least some goodwill out of shitty situation you got yourself into, I can understand why they did it.
ALL IN 2 is September 1st, again from Chicago, same arena as ALL IN 1

>They announced that the winner of the battle royal gets the first title shot.
They announced that whenever and however they crown their first champion, the fist title shot at the champion will be the winner of Battle Royal. So they first need champion before they can give the winner his shot.

>aew fantasy booking, that spacing
YIKES

>It was indeed a DG Title issue
Dragon's Gate is a nothing title, it doesn't need to be protected or even seen an AEW show.
>>AEW didnt want to do a DQ finish because they want wins/loses on their PPVs.
>They want win/loses to matter, even if they were going to put PAC over here, if the wins/loses matter logically he'd be in a title match or some type of big match against a guy like Omega or equivalent at All In 2. Lets say they want PAC to lose here but then they cant because he refuses to lose while champ. Dave speculates that this was indeed the plan due to the 6 man tag booked at Jacksonville show.
IT'S MATCH FUCKING ONE, THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A CHAMPION

>it's a shoot
They're self-mark retards
>it's a work
They're creatively bankrupt retards whose go-to is late-game Russo WCW-tier works.

Wow, so PAC is a little bitch wherever he goes, huh? How can such a no dimes shitter be such a mark for himself?

>Dragon's Gate is a nothing title
Just because you only watch WWE and New Japan doesn't mean Japan's number 2 company isn't a big deal ya peabrain

I get that PAC can't lose because he has the DG title, but I still can't understand why they burn a big marquee match with Page in a random show in the UK.

I get that whoever beat Page is going into a program with Kenny but why not do the match and do a longer build towards PAC and Omega at another stage. It's not like PAC is going to keep the DG title forever.

Better yet, why not have PAC beat Page at DoN and then beat Omega at All In 2, so AEW can have a hot title chase program between Omega and PAC when they debut on TNT? Is PAC only signed on for 1 match?

This

Ben-K

>Better yet, why not have PAC beat Page
obviously that's the finish and Pac balked like a bitch, Page even went to England to lose to Pac for 50/50 booking to soothe his ego and that wasn't good enough

Pac's a mark no way he drops the DG title to a nobody, he'll either be undefeated until he retires in a few years or leave them high and dry once AEW promises him a Hogan level of creative control.

Pac beating Page and then lose to Kenny to crown the first champion was the plan. He bailed out of the later.

You think Kenny is beating Jericho at DoN?
When Jericho is about to challenge Okada for the IWGP title at Dominion and AEW, who are trying desperately to work with NJPW so they will undermine that title program by having Okada's challenger lose to Omega, again.

I still don't see why PAC can't be the first champion, especially when he has been unbeaten for close to a year and have a hot Kenny title chase as the major program for their TV show.

>First show
>Is even called 'Double or Nothing' to denote it is the second show

It's literally the first AEW show ya dingus

>AEW didnt want to do a DQ finish because they want wins/loses on their PPVs
Well, this is retarded

>Well, this is retarded
Is it tho? At their first show? Showing that you will respect people who pay money to see the satisfying finishes?
They will use them later on, because non-finish is a great tool. But if you put them on the first show, you are devaluing them.

That's a retarded take. It probably just doesn't work for that specific longterm story.

This entitled attitude that matches have to have finishes is one of the many reasons why current wrestling fans need to be gassed tbqh. One non-finish on a show doesn't devalue anything.

Its gonna be Jon Moxley

>Thinking PAC would commit to AEW over based Dragon Gate

They just don't get just how loyal PAC is towards DG

>in 2009 after the first DG-UK show, PAC took out the whole roster and management for dinner and paid for everything. I highly doubt he was rolling in money at that point. But he did it because he felt indebted to them for taking care of him in Japan for 2 years.

Attached: pac.jpg (250x376, 47K)

>Is it tho? At their first show?

Yes it is. You can still do a "no contest" finish at a show without it being crap. Being the first show means nothing. If both of them went out there and put on a great match, like they should be able to given their talent, and won over the audience...that's all that matters. They along with everyone else at that show or any other show for that matter, are there to entertain. If you accomplish that, you've done your job despite what kind of finish it is. Fans get upset with BS finishes when they make no sense. As long as you book the match properly, no one will be disappointed.

I know we are jaded to the DQs and other non-finishes. But if you are starting new company, why would you do non-finish on your first show? Especially if you do not have show within a week to use it for your storytelling.
And on top of that. They want to be "different", they want to an alternative. DQ finish is a thing that we asociate with WWE. I know and you know that NJPW in 80s was full of non-finishes and territories same. But today? There's the hydra of WWE.

>why would you do non-finish on your first show?
>DQ finish is a thing that we asociate with WWE

Attached: VD09afj.jpg (645x729, 64K)

"we" do not associate it with WWE.
But those fans in attendance would.

you're right, doing that 1 time in and of itself doesn't
but 1 out of 8 matches or so, on your first show, sets a precedent
there's a lot of scrutiny right now because it's their first show
they're taking the first show extra seriously, because of all the eyes on them
if you have a fuck finish right away on your first show, a lot of people will assume they're going to just be like WWE with fuck finishes all over the place and nothing mattering. people will tune out.
they're being very careful to set the tone of what AEW as a promotion is going to be like.

I agree with you
Even being one of Omegas few matches a year is an extremely high honor desu

I'd book a draw or count out, but whatever. There's nothing wrong with booking any finish so long as it makes sense to the story. The only reason you wouldn't is because it would not make sense in the story. Any autistic rant about "they can't have a dq on their first show" is complete brain disease.

>The only reason you wouldn't is because it would not make sense in the story.
And that's what Dave told us, in his autistic rant. DQ or any non-finish makes no sense in their longterm "plan" - read that as "PAC has to win this one and loose against Kenny, so the story we are telling makes sense"

Fuck DQ's on PPV that's not even smark shit. There's nothing wrong with a DQ finish on TV because it's a decent way to build but on a PPV people have to pay out the ass for, not to mention on their first PPV would be bullshit.

Adam Hangman Page is going to hang himself at Double or Nothing at the MGM Grand

I know. That's WHY I said that.
>they can't book a dq in a match on their first show
That's what everyone else is saying because they have WWE creative-tier intelligence

Nice bait.

DG and PAC's position is reasonable because they need to look out for the value of their own belt and the rub they want to give to one of THEIR guys.
AEW's position is reasonable because if they put PAC over here, they have to put him into a title program and if he still can't lose, that hamstrings them, so they're choosing to not book themselves into a corner. I honestly think that's more foresight than most promotions would have.

I don't think there's a bad guy here or anybody did anything wrong, but obviously if AEW can't make good on replacing the match, it'll look pretty bad for them. I hope they have something good lined up and I hope that after PAC drops the belt, he can come work for AEW.