I consider myself a WWE Loyalist even in these trying times but why the hell does this man hate the word "Wrestling" so...

I consider myself a WWE Loyalist even in these trying times but why the hell does this man hate the word "Wrestling" so much?

Attached: hes-even-gotten-into-the-ring.jpg (623x467, 31K)

Attached: Vince.jpg (1024x1700, 637K)

Because to him "wrestling" is associated with southern hicks and Vince really hates the south.

its branding

Interesting. But this doesn't explain why he hates the word "wrestling".

Same thing goes with "blading", "wrestlers" and "belt"

Yet will forever live the lifestyle

>in essence, my cousin

Attached: 1556825888568.jpg (612x612, 45K)

Wrestling still has a stigma of being lowbrow soap opera for trailer trash.

Because he needs to set a boundary between the competition.
He thought calling it "sports entertainment" would make people forget that at the end of the day, it's just fucking wrestling... that's the only part that matters.
Sports entertainment is 2 hours of women fighting and complaining and 1 hour of dudes having an average match.

Wrestling makes it official like it actually means something.

This. Sports Entertainment is a term to try and trick sponsors. Why don't people understand that

Attached: we make movies.gif (384x288, 1.55M)

Attached: PhotoEditor_20190517_202800961.jpg (1441x1024, 305K)

>in essence, my cousin

Attached: Screenshot_20190426-004639_YouTube.jpg (1602x1440, 496K)

Attached: 1557174977734.gif (298x150, 3.86M)

>in essence, my cousin
>she wound up marrying that asshole, Leo Lupton, my stepfather

Attached: tomwhatthefuck.jpg (600x652, 36K)

Attached: 38DCADA4-85CC-4200-80F1-2E6E39AAEBB4-10453-00000BEFE1C016E9.gif (350x264, 1.79M)

No wonder he wants to fuck is daughter

i always thought it was a loophole to avoid lawsuits

Vince had always seen WWF/E as an entertainment product (duh, it's in the name). But what I mean is he considers himself to be in the same tier as the Disney's and Warner brothers of this world. It's one of the many reasons why he's been so out of touch a lot of the time. He never saw WCW as real competition back in the day until it was almost too late, and it's a similar factor now. To Vince WWE is an entertainment product with some wrestling, rather than a wrestling product with some entertainment. That's the disconnect with him. He doesn't focus on the wrestling, and it suffers for it, and let's be honest, Vince is not very good at providing entertainment either.

He literally gave us the attitude era ya doofus dweeb

Attitude was stolen from ECW. It wasn't even an original idea. Not saying it didn't work, because obviously it did, buy again, Vince is not good at thinking up original ways to push a viable wrestling product.

To be fair neither do the AEW guys. Almost everything they do up to the channel they wanted and are on is derivative of the Monday Night Wars.

yea 20 years ago

Wrestling is a sport. He has to avoid the appearance of being legit otherwise he would have to adhear to certain rules and laws or pay fines. This must only matter in the venues WWE uses since outlaws dont go there.

How can it be considered a sport when it's pre-determined?

No one at the fighting commission thinks Wrestling is a work. No one. Vince doesn't have to worry about wrestling looking "legit", because even if you did a realistic looking style, no one is going to fall for it anyway. Vince came clean way back in the 80's that wrestling was all a work, just so he didn't have to pay for a fighting license anymore (his father previously had been paying to maintain kayfabe). The commission took his word on it and and has never bothered him since.

it's entertainment

based crushed leaves chad

Basically, he doesn't want to pay legal fees so he calls it sports entertainment so it ain't considered a legal sport.

So is Cirque du Soleil but that's not a sport.

The flippy floppy shit didn't give that away?

They aren't there to judge. They are there to enforce. If some idiot wants to bring up charges (and there are plenty) because WWE presented itself as an actual sport, the fight commission would have to investigate and terms like wrestler, title and all those silly words on that list would all be used against the WWE.

Explain brawl for all then. A legit fighting tourney within WWF at the time. The words WWE use or don't use has LITERALLY nothing to do with the fighting commission. That stuff is because Vince is a crazy old boomer. Hell, those terms has been relaxed by Vince lately because I guess he was in a good mood or something.

Attached: 1556853949646.jpg (480x360, 16K)

'Wrestling' is hard to sell to investers, because the attached cliches.
'Sports entertainment' doesn't have those