Does bringing in CM Punk as a top star after his disaster UFC run help or hurt AEW?

Does bringing in CM Punk as a top star after his disaster UFC run help or hurt AEW?

Attached: Dana-White-CM-Punk-974443.jpg (590x350, 32K)

Help, especially if he comes back as a chicken shit heel using his UFC failure as a gimmick to cheat in every match

>want to go over as more of a sport based product
>pick up an absolute sporting jobber who has humiliated himself in the world of sport

Pretty much hillarious

as an mma fan that sounds just like ronda rousey

and you all loved that dumb bitch

>cm punk was a champion and carried a division
You sound like a fucking idiot lol

Lets be real even a complete fuckup UFC fighter is sitll an UFC fighter so he would probably shit on most of wrestlers who havent picked up a fight in their life.

This is now a waifu thread. For me it's Jamie Hayter.

Attached: 52624245_560211924457806_1644663957754645612_n.jpg (1080x1350, 141K)

Except Ronda was dominant in her stint in mma, she got exposed by competent fighters

nobody other than the dickwipes here even remembers his ufc run anymore

>le spinny shin man winning a shoot fight ever
even jack gallagher could tap him out

Jack is a legit fighter he would tap 3/4 of the roster like i said cause the only they hit in their life is a dab when they get an epic win in Fortnite

Punk is a basedboy. Needs more mint.

>implying Ronda is anywhere near cuckman
Her two losses were against someone who stylistically had a good matchup with her (and she probably didn't train properly for given how garbage her coaching staff was), and literally the greatest female fighter, and one of the greatest fighters in general, of all time.

He has the mic skills to make it work for him

>Didn't land a single strike
>Didn't land a single takedown
>Escaped ONE hold
He's not a UFC fighter. He was just in a UFC fight.

>greatest fighter of all time
Stfu Joe Rogan

>LE HILARIOUS FILTER GOING OVER MEME

It's not your fault.

This is the only way to do it but Punk is too much of a self mark to go along with it

That's not Joanna Jedrzejczyk

slut

BASED

Attached: sad.png (710x650, 19K)

Hurt

It's a legit sports league. A guy like cm punk with real ufc merit will be a killer. Best in the world, it's clobbering time baby. He will take his out of ring experience with him, already refining a perfect brawler.

she didn't lmao that's a cute narrative though brought to you by the poofc

she got exposed by strikers

Kek no she isn't but you parroting those lines is hilarious to me
she literally ran from cyborg it is what it is

Kek looks like we have an MMA elitist larper fag here.
To say that CM Punk losing to two jobbers and one of them being the cannest of cans is equal to Ronda being champ, being matched up against two great strikers, and not training her striking or defense and losing. That’s pretty cringe kiddo

kek about average for the course

cm phil was a jobber and lost 2 fights
ronda was pumped full of dana's cum and lost 2 fights
except ronda had her entire life to prepare for that moment and still tried to kill herself, cm phil was never an athlete and started his training when he was 35+

it is what it is and you're still a loser faggot for watching wrestling

She's an olympic bronze medalist you retard lmao

who cares?
that means literally nothing

he can be like the opposite of kurt angle, demotivated loser

>trying to make your shit wrestling promotion more "sport oriented"
>"lol athletic acheivements don't mean anything. bring in that guy who got his ass kicked by a journalist"
It's going under in half a year

>mfw I read mma cunts arguing about the usual pointless shit

Attached: 90D9E4AA-FEFB-45B5-AE5C-694B781F0496.jpg (1183x757, 269K)

I don't watch wrestling you dumb faggot

ronda and phil both suck and gina carano literally paved the way for ronda

ronda ddin't do shit apart from being dana's cum dumpster

Then you have even less of an excuse for being such a retarded autist.

>thinks there is no correlation between a fighters acheivements in their speciality art and their mma success
Finally a fanbase that's more retarded than pro wrestling's

This would unironically be based as hell.

dude go look up rulon gardner you triggered mandrama loving fagboys lmao
medals really don't mean a lot in mma

dc went to the olympics and jones wiped his asshole with him while doing blow off hookers asses

>kek about average for the course
It's "par for the course" you fucking esl monkey lmao

worked like a 2 dollar hooker

far to easy

Phil has no fucking excuse, he is training real wrestling with fucking the goat Ben askren

It shouldnt matter if they book him right, look at the majority of japs that do mma and wrassling they get creamed but no one cares

I guarantee you guys that most people don't care about Punk's UFC losses nearly as much as you do.

I hope Cody isnt so fucking stupid to bring him in. There are enough egos there already, they dont need Paul level egomaniac there

You're retarded if you think he is coming back to wrestle. He's going to be color commentary.

>reddit spacing
FlNNA CRINGE

it does kinda fuck up his best in the world gimmick though.

No it doesn't. His gimmick is that he is the best wrestler in the world, not the best MMA fighter which he clearly is not.

worked

kek

Hi phil

Hil phil!

This. He can easily come back on some “I may not have cut it in that world, but I still own this one.” Someone is gonna bring it up right away, he addresses it quickly, and they never have to mention it again, unlike WWE would bring it up in every other promo of every feud for the next 15 years.

Help. I only want Punk in a manager or authority figure role anyway.

Guaranteed draw in AEW, although yes it is highly improbable with him being a color commentator for MMA.

He was beaten half to death by a MMA journalist.

Helps them. Punk's return to wrestling will if nothing else create buzz among every single wrestling fan from the past 10-15 years, he was a big star with WWE and people know him.
>le shitty mma career
yeah, so what? Normies doen't give a shit about that, they want to see him wrestle, at least at first which is all that matters for AEW to get off the ground and build stars.

Looks worse than Paige kek.

Attached: Asgooka Hungry.png (516x398, 274K)

He isn’t even the best wrestler in his household but I’m sure he could promo his way out of being the butt of everyone’s jokes.

Punk will create initial buzz, but a big part of his WWE popularity was that he was rebelling against the system, and AEW is all about being an alternative to WWE.

Why would being shit at a real sport matter in a fake one where talking is about 70% of what matters and results are arranged for you.

Punk lost to 2 trained fighter. He's still a trained fighter himself. He would beat every untrained wrestler in the locker room, and 99.99999999999% of people on the planet.

>he lost to the GOAT so that means he sucks
And Jones isn't some wrestling noob either. He's a JUCO national champion and he beat future Div 1 wrestling champs during this run. If he didn't go on to mma there's no telling what his ceiling would have been. You don't even know anything about the sport you claim to watch.

Also
>dude go look up rulon gardner
Rulon had one mma fight against a fellow olympian and he won. You are a retarded cocksucker

The best wrestler in the world can’t even defend a fucking double leg

At least he's got AJ to bang

Attached: 1555722854099.png (1000x897, 1.06M)

kek
matt riddle beat jones in grappling contests, without his picograms he's shit you know nothing jabroni

olympics still means jack shit, cejudo beat TJ cause of his insane weight cut

She was exposed too

>So what qualifies me to be here in AEW?
>Brazilian jujitsu
>Muay Thai kickboxing
>Kempo Karate
>and the most regimented discipline of all...flailing spins kicks and gallops
>See I've trained extensively for four years, all over Milwaukee McDojos, and it's time everyone finds out exactly how disciplined I am.

what's it like to be everyone's whipping boy?

bet she bangs other people

Hi retard

He has absolutely no believability as a tough guy. His punches and kicks looked so weak he would probably have difficulty knocking out a 3rd grader.

>she likely makes more money than he does now
Pathetic stuff

Attached: 1492451154284.webm (928x1080, 1.45M)

>Unironically calling a female one of the greatest fighters of all time

Holy ding don't diddly cringe

Attached: 1556410978318.jpg (640x853, 64K)

>she got exposed by strikers
Tweet, Budd and Correia are all strikers that she finished in the first, also Nunes is a grappler. what are you talking about?

>she didn't
she did though, run through her division and was the biggest draw

Why is he so bad at everything?

Attached: CM Punk log fight.webm (1280x720, 2.75M)

Trainers have said how he doesn't listen to anything does what he wants

He just has no talent for sports

imagine comparing the success of Rousey in mma to CM Chump’s lack thereof. the absolute state of chick magnet fanboys.

Attached: 758F991C-DBEB-40C2-9EE8-20992EB78011.jpg (192x133, 12K)

It's even worse when you realize both the guys Punk fought were brought in specifically for that fight.

Imagine if he fought a guy who has been in the UFC for a while.

I think he's done pretty well for himself considering pic related was him in school

Attached: cm punk.jpg (290x400, 10K)

LOL what a weak pussy....and this guy was supposed to be World Heavyweight Champ?

Ronda did carry the womens division though they even gave her the GOAT cameo in fast & furious because she was so popular. Hate on WWE all you want but don't make up lies about their talent.

Help. Wrestling fans don't care how good or bad someone's MMA record was, they only care that they tried. Plus, wrestling fans are generally in a near-constant rondo of flipping between "FUCK PUNK" and "PLZ TAKE US BACK PHIL, PLZZZZ!!!!" so he's guaranteed dimes.

I forgot about j00cy Rousey.

Attached: rwN7l30J.jpg (600x400, 47K)

She’s gotten her ass beat over and over

Casuals hate Rousey because she lost badly and talked a lot of shit, hardcores hate Rousey because casuals liked her. It's literally impossible to win my man.

World Heavyweight Champ of a federation for dorks, autists and spurging retards. Seems fitting.