Would this work today?

Would an ECW type company work today or would it bomb?

Attached: 0270A7C5-73FD-40D0-9D22-6DC5336010DC.jpg (900x506, 40K)

it would and actually it does in the form of CZW

Wrong. We have GCW pussies MDK gang affiliated

Attached: 017_Nick_Gage_x_David_Arquette.jpg (1920x1920, 764K)

social justice would promptly bury the promotion.

no sponsors no TV no business

possibly. i feel like if video streaming technology had been better heyman probably would have been all over it since he made all of his money via selling direct to the fan. it's telling that the video distributor is still in business and still selling ecw dvd's 18 years later. also a longer surviving ecw would have become early ROH and that was a success too

GCW now. CZW hasnt been worth a single solitary fuck in almost a decade

It barely fucking worked in the 90s

It was already becoming early ROH towards the end with guys like Corino and Lynn getting the belt, Joey must have said 'a new era of ECW' every show for a while. There would've probably been at least one hardcore brawl per show but it would've turned into an 02/03 Smackdown style fed if it had a bit more time.

Ding-Dong Diddlythis. And deathmatch wrestling will never be mainstream, but it can capture some attention via the old school carny thought of wrestling

GCW is as close as it could get.

The only people who opposed ECW was right wing family groups.

Umm, waaaaay too problematic sweetie.

Huge fan here. Seen it as a little kid during the later 90s until it closed and then got to see most of it on stream when Justin TV was still a thing.

I love it but I can't lie, a lot of it is probably nostalgia at this point. It is still great for sure but besides obvious stuff that is easy to point out about it not being possible to succeed today such as the obvious sexism (not trying to be SJW here) the intense violence and New Jack. There is other issues it had besides just the obvious stuff as well. Anyone new going back to watch it will notice one pretty obvoius flaw is refs count way too fast. Think of fast counts you sometimes see a heel ref do and that was pretty much normal counting for ECW refs during pins. Another issue was the overuse of hardcore wrestling eventually numbed the fans too much. I've seen shoot interviews where even some guys admitted it was getting too much and ruining ECW. I think Shane Douglass was one guy who admitted it was getting too much with fans basically demanding that these guys needed to go all out with like 10 chair shots to the head and going through 5 tables before anyone can consider it a good match.

I'm going to stop there since not enough on here appreciate the true ECW or even actually watched it like I have. It was an amazing promotion for its time but it hasn't aged perfectly. I could easily see a younger fag just going meh to a lot of the shit that happened with storylines and matches. I think its more something you just had to actually have experienced when it was still hot and even for maybe 5 or so years after it closed as well. It died once they tried reviving it WWE style.

Not if it was revolving around mostly hardcore stuff. And yes I know that's not all ECW did, but that's what they were known for primarily. If ECW existed past the early millennium, I imagine it would have transitioned it's style into a primarily technical one.

Attached: 2f7968dc.jpg (326x294, 14K)

>implying ECW's only asset was their hardcore style and not their unique character development and storylines

Death match shit is cringe and ECW wasn’t all death matches. Sprinkled here and there would be based but a whole promotion revolving around death matches would be anti-dimes

Nice counter point...

too many white people

No, a show with good characters, good promos, good music, hype videos and spliced together matches would not work today. Marks want 45 minutes of wrestling.

>one pretty obvoius flaw is refs count way too fast.
No one fucking cares about this shit
What is wrong with you people?