So was his reign based or cringe?

So was his reign based or cringe?

Attached: jbl_wwe_champion_by_windows8osx-d52osmd.jpg (642x722, 156K)

mint as fuck

I'd have to say mint

Attached: The-Undertaker-JBL-Photobomb.jpg (1200x675, 78K)

Easily one of the most underrated heel runs ever in WWE
JBL was honestly the last great classic heel on the mic. He knew just what to say to push buttons, and to portray an easy-to-hate jackass
I don't care if he didn't draw and didn't have great matches...the CHARACTER was mint as fuck. All the people claiming his reign was bad either didn't watch or just don't like him in real life so they shit on his reign

mintox in that it was offensive but cringe in that it was John Cringeshaw Layfield, a guy that could not get over in any other time or way

JBLame John Fatass Layfield is always cringe

I agree with you for the most part but JBL had some pretty boring matches. Also a fair amount of his feuds were duds like the one against Booker T and Big Show. They built him up as the best heel possible for Cena to beat at Mania though and they went on to have a pretty great feud afterwards. Their match at Judgement Day 2005 in particular was awesome.

Absolutely ratings killer back then. But with benefit of hindsight, his promos are fun as heck. The matches though.... cure for insomnia

Based Republican Nigga

BA- BA- BA- BAAAAAASSSSEEEDDD!

Basef

Kinoest and mintest heel world title run in the 2000s. Beating JBL literally made Cena.

JBL's heel run was the launching pad for the biggest draw of the 21st Century. Of course that's a good run.

>Absolutely ratings killer back then

Objectively not true, he bumped ratings after taking the title off Eddie and they actually went down a bit after dropping it to Cena. People loved to hate him and when he was dethroned people stopped watching.

Motherfucker was fat
Hated watching that giant gut in those ugly ass trunks move around the ring.

certified /ourguy/

>ratings killer

Attached: file.png (601x411, 196K)

>based or cringe
Did you ever noticed this is just upvotes and downvotes?

>comparing upboats to wrasslin lingo

Attached: wlmichaelsfacts5.jpg (650x390, 153K)

Worst run in quite some time. Unfortunately that was the whole point, so cena would get an artificial super rub from taking the belt off a boring jibbles.

Reign itself was shit but character was really good

That “mexican border” vignette was one of the best, funniest heel vignettes I’ve ever seen. JBL was a based heel.

I wasn't watching at the time, so I don't know.

super based

Attached: KWAB.gif (487x300, 2.86M)

100% based. A true heel, he was the WWE's version of George H.W. Bush, and normies loved to hate him.
Promos were kino and funny, matches were slow and good overall, but as a character I liked him a lot.

Pretty good. I think the matches were underrated too. He's probably the most instantly successful repackaging I can think of off the top of my head