Memes aside, how many people here actually do still watch WWE? If not...

Memes aside, how many people here actually do still watch WWE? If not, what made you stop and what would it take for you to start watching again?

Attached: 1539187071464.gif (250x250, 1.04M)

>what made you stop
The Invasion in 2001
>what would it take for you to start watching again?
I would never watch again

I stopped watching again when I stayed up all night hyped about Angle's announcement only to find out that they're pushing Jordan Who as his son.

I don't know what would get me to start watching again. For the time being I enjoy old wcw and ecw shows.

are WWE employees really so clueless and starved for information on why their product sucks? people are writing essays about it going into insane detail every other thread. the problem is the WWE's corporate structure and business model requires them to dilute the actual wrestling through over exposure to sell advertising space and appeal to an over-extended demographic, there is no market segmentation, nothing is organic or real because of over production and obsessive micro-management of the talent, nothing is exciting because it might scare away the advertisers, the announcers are robotic car salesman, the flood lighting is blinding, the sets are homogeneous and soulless, wrestlers are not allowed to get over on their own and they are not trusted by management to make their own decisions

I watch the occasional PPV and Smackdown when I'm stoned. It's the only tolerable way to watch modern WWE without being a fanboy.

i never really started. im 20 and my dad always watched wrestling and i called it fake and gay when i was 8. i ended up playing the games since i liked fighting games and ended up loving but i still found raws and smackdowns gay as fuck and would watch off and on. but still play the games and buy old PPV's. then i found my love for puro/old nwa when i got internet at like age 13

>Holy information gathering Batman!

You're writing bad TV instead of a wrestling show. Why would I not watch something else?

Plus if a wrestler has an opinion that a vet or major staff member doesn't like then he's buried, which just makes fans of that wrestler pissed off with the company (I really like Lio now he's in the shitter because of petty backstage shit)
It's an endless circle of dissapointment for the viewers.

>what made you stop
Mania 30. It felt like a great series finale
>what would it take for you to start watching again
Nothing, I find modern wrestling to be too damn boring

the worst part of all is the how the company refuses to let any wrestler become more over than the brand. the logo is emblazoned on everything and it reeks of insecurity and a lack of confidence. the wrestlers no longer become the star of the show, they just become the human versions of plastic toy figures being waved around by a giant faceless corporation that controls everything. if you listen to Jericho talking about his dome match with Omega he talks about how they just gave him cart blanche to do whatever he wanted out there and he blew the roof off the place because he didn't have to get everything checked off by a manager first

>When did you stop
About or 4 years ago when I finally accepted that the show would never get better and that fan enjoyment was dead fucking last on their list of priorities
>What would it take for me to watch again?
Vince fucking off and the entire creative team being replaced top to bottom by people who can actually write a wrestling show.

Generic matches, generic promos, generic entrance music.

there's some good in wwe, takeovers are consistent shows, the new reality with miz is honestly more ehternaining that i imagined and i occasionally check out 205, but anything else? no thanks, not after having a taste of real wrestling

Attached: 23771024073_e5393fefa8_b.jpg (1024x1024, 396K)

Oh im sorry i wasnt aware takeover fell under the wwe brand

i'm sorry?

Attached: 1496802948613.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

I stopped because the writing is nonsensical and nothing matters. The segments are painfully cringe-inducing. I love the roster but their matches are millions of times worse in WWE. It's literally 100% management. Call me when Triple H takes over.

as a boomer they made me stop watching at least 3 or 4 times. First time was when wcw went under though. I tried to come back but evolution had every fucking title, then again after CM Punk was cutting half hour promos every show I tuned back the fuck out

I was a casual fan around when it was cool around 2000-2001.
Started watching again during a boring period of a couple of weeks when I was all by myself and read that Kane had returned with the mask on. I could even see something funny in that cocky Ziggler character. A couple of years later I even found people following the show in the office.
However, the shows were ultimately shit and got wore. My patience ran out. There were no interesting characters, no interesting story lines. I can probably watch 'Allo 'Allo! reruns and be vastly more entertained than with WWE.

only royal rumble and wrestlemania
i look at the results after weekly shows and listen to le meltz
dont even watch japanshit or indyshit either

I think I stopped watching shortly after WM31. They hyped a Brock vs. Rollins match. I was seriously excited for this. I legitimately expected a match of the decade contender, but it ended up being a total squash. My disappointment was immeasurable. I will never be a regular viewer again. I got into NJPW after that and it's generally a superior experience because they have Jay White.

i leave it on as background noise now usually.
haven't watched a ppv aside from mania in a long time.
stopped watching cause nothing really interesting was going on and a lot of the "top" guys couldn't get me into the product as much.
the little run smackdown had in 2016 with aj, dean, cena, etc was genuinely great though.

>the little run smackdown had in 2016 with aj, dean, cena, etc was genuinely great though.
Even Ellsworth was fun. They had something really good and they pulled the plug. I don't understand.

>They hyped a Brock vs. Rollins match
there was no buildup my dude

very relatable

I did when Ronda was on it since she was clearly good at her job and could get good matches out of Becky/Alicia Fox for example
But after WM when Becky purposely botched the pin at the end to win, there was no reason to keep watching.
I'll just zoom through it on VLC seeing if anyone is on screen that's interesting but so far it's basically "we have no Ronda so we don't know what to do without a person to carry the company"

I'll check out SS's storylines since Brock is back then

I sorta do, I put it on in the background and either shitpost in gamethreads here or maybe I'm doing something else like fixing something or folding my clothes.

I'd say sometime in late 2014 is when I started doing it like that but my eyeballs haven't been totally glued to the TV since like 2006. The Monday Night Wars was the most exciting period to be a fan, when you really paid attention with a passion but that died out soon after WCW went under.

I would never watch WWE again. It's the McDonalds of wrestling; not only is it terrible, it's actively bad for you.

>It's the McDonalds of wrestling;

It's like McDonalds....if you had to wait forever just to get served / get your food. Watching an entire 3 hours of Raw and even 2 hours of Smackdown can be a chore...or should I say a snore.

At least McDonald's gives you your crappy food quick. Imagine having to sit and wait 30 minutes or more for crap like that. That's what watching Raw is like.

i don't watch raw at all

i DVR Smackdown only because i've been too lazy to de-program my cable box

i'll watch interesting segments of shows on youtube.

i get all of my wrestling news from Yea Forums and Meltzer.

Really though, if you want to know what's wrong with the current product, listen to Cornette's critique of a modern Raw and Smackdown episode.

I know, I know, he's a dinosaur with outdated ideas but he was able to perfectly put into words all of the problems with the modern product and why it's so dull, boring and just a clusterfuck of segments that follow no real rhyme or reason.

I haven’t been watching it all year. Partly because it’s terrible, and partly because I’m a wagecuck now and time zones make it hard to watch WWE. I didn’t even watch WM this year.

I cancelled my WWE network and I only keep up with it through here and Reddit.

I don't watch it but I manage to post about it every single day with all the latest storylines and memes, but I don't watch it I promise.

cringe

I agree with most of what his said, mainly about not doing rest spots during the match because it's fucking boring for the TV viewers and constantly using big spots before the commercial break as well as doing a momentum turn during the break.

Unhealthy processed crap, just like fast food. I would maybe watch a extremely absurd or creative version of it after a societal collapse. It's not even wrestling in my eyes, what a fucking abomination