NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 2019 - Day 1 Gamethread

Anyone else watching this?
>Tomoaki Honma, Shota Umino, Ren Narita vs. Toa Henare, Yota Tsuji, Yuya Uemura
>YOSHI-HASHI, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Tagushi vs. Suzukigun (Minoru Suzuki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, El Desperado, TAKA Michinoku)
>Togi Makabe, Toru Yano, Will Ospreay vs. Bullet Club (Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Hikuleo)
>Kota Ibushi, SHO, YOH vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, BUSHI)
>Hirooki Goto, Juice Robinson, Mikey Nichols vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens)
>Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii vs. EVIL y SANADA
>Jeff Cobb (c) vs. Taichi NEVER Openweight Championship
>Dragon Lee (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Attached: 0 (22).jpg (797x449, 582K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3v1MDgd4kuQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Watching NJPW when it isn't a G1 or a WrestleKingdom
Shit, dude, the fuck are you doing?

The main and that tag should be great
semi-main should be interesting

>2 fucking replies
the state of this promotion/shitty show

honestly pretty burnt out on wrestling. haven't watched the rest of this tour but tuning in tonight for /ourguy/ based taichi

has anyone been watching the road 2 shows? i enjoyed them

yes, even the young lion openers have been leagues above wwe main events

Jobbing bullet club out on the 6 year anniversary
kek

fuck Gino makes me mad
Just keep it as rocky and Kelly

has much happened storyline wise this tour?

oops did not mean to reply to you

ugh this fucking bogan on commentary

you expect stories to develop on televised house shows? only geeks like cringelord waste their time with those shows

watch japanese commentry
ya seethe pindick?

i noticed Hikuleo get's more and more shit in every match to the point to where he was countering ospreay like they normally do
Suzuki and liger has been building
A look of doubt washed over Jay's face when he was talking about getting his belt back
and just building to the current stuff and more Shingo vs Sho stuff oh and Ishimori unmasked dragon lee

Kek
NJPW is dead without Kenny and the boys lmao

NJPW has had 11 five star matches so far this year. NJPW only had 2 at this point last year. we are doing better without those fucking faggots

You have had zero GFS this year and worship an autistic Jew for opinions. Work rate is boring anyway since nothing can top old school czw anyway

who is the autistic jew you are referring to?

thanks user
glad to have a fellow non-autist in the thread

in what way? the game threads have always dead. it's' just like the 5 Aussies in here like normal

Dave Meltzer

You only watched njpw for them? lol

Dave Melzter has a fraud star rating system, I was referring to my own true star rating system. he is an e drone shill who rates other promotions too low. for examole he gave the veritable 5 star classic between Ibushi Kota and Zack Sabre Jr. at Sengoku Lord in Nagoya 4.75 stars.

Reminder for people not watching the road 2 shows. Fale fucking kicked Nick Miller's ass and it was great

4.75 stars is pretty much the same as 5 stars though.

Dave says if you have 0,25 different it's pretty much the same

i dont give a fuck what that e drone midget thinks

Pretty much. The shows are boring. Tanas old, naito never gets good booking, SANADAS PURE KINO, okada has the same boring match, ibushis great.

Bruh... Just kill yourself man. You're pathetic. You literally just claimed njpw had 11 5 star matches using your own rating system and expected us to know what it was

i just got a FEELING that Hiromu finds his way into a jr title match at Dominion

my rating system is the objective rating system. take daves ratings and subtract 2 stars for WWE matches, add 0.25 stars for non wwe matches

based

oh shit juice is gonna get stabbed by a literal who

Oh fuck who was that?
Mox,Sami Callihan,Jericho?
probably someone way less interesting

that british guy that BC were shilling with ads all the way through the NJ Cup

He's a jr and tagging with Ishimori tomorrow

retard, X debuts tomorrow

Phantasmo? He's in the BOSJ and debuting tomorrow.

thanks bros. didn't know that
p. sure there was a british flag on the guy's jacket in the promo, don't know enough about british wrestling to guess who it is

still more than AEWho

Could it be David Finlay? turning heel

rent free

Evil is sexy

WHO IS IT?!?!?!
youtube.com/watch?v=3v1MDgd4kuQ

absolutely Taichi kino

Chris Brookes

still more than AEWho lmao

The Switchblade promo vids had red herrings to make people think it was an American.

Is he a Heavyweight?
This vid makes clear this guy is going for Juice and the US Title which is a HebbyQu belt.

taichi just beat the UNDEFEATED ROH WRESTLER JEFF COBB
AHAHAHAHAHAHAA

GOAT!!!

L O R D

BASED

ROH BTFO

>Brookes
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

This match is slow af.

Yeah it's like they are trying to do the main event style instead of the jr style

This match sucked. Wtf were they thinking.

>take two flippy juniors
>do generic main event style match
>make sure to go over 20 minutes
>add in some generic no sell and move spam spots
how did they fuck this up so badly

i thought the match was really good

Lee vs Ishimori was the best match of 2019.

Blame it on Gedo and his stubborn "all matches must be like muh King's Road"

>King's Road
>NJPW
What are you doing

It was a good match just not what i wanted to see from them

>Be Gedo
>Be at Madison Square Garden
>ROH officials tell you Jeff Cobb is undefeated in ROH and he's NOT losing tonight
>Be frustrated that you are trying to build up Opsreay
>Just smile and shake your head
>Fastforwad a month
>Job ROH big bad monster out to fucking Taichi
>Gedo always wins baby

Also fuck me Gedo has just buried the credibility of the NEVER title. the last 7 champs have 2 defences

Attached: D5pKR0mU0AA6xcj.jpg (600x400, 89K)

Holy shit this was the original payoff to Taichi he's been getting better in every match (kayfabe) peaking with Him vs Ishii where he man'd up and pushed Ishii to the limit

The original title run was just trying to get the belt on ospreay and was never in Gedo's long term plan. that's why the whole of Suzuki-gun came out tonight and even Suzuki was proud of him

>Also fuck me Gedo has just buried the credibility of the NEVER title. the last 7 champs have 2 defences
Taichi is now legitimate heavy and can go, if he is given ability to. Not memeing.
The belt should have stayed on Will, but he was injured, that is the reason why there wasn't anything stable in the fall.
And because they need Will back in Jr. division to draw for their junior tour, they cannot have him be NEVER champ, they need to beat him at least twice on the tour.

yeah it hit me that when i looked back Taichi whole Heavy run has built to this

Anybody else walking up to buy a ticket in July for the Dallas show? Hoping to get in cheap

Yup, it was.
But people will tell you that NJPW doesn't tell stories.
Anyway. The story was told "badly" because Will should have kept the belt in the fall, beat got 2 defenses, then the Ibushi match at WK.
That would have elevated (huh) Will and the belt. And Taichi taking it off Cobb, because Will is not ready to be real Heavy yet at MSG, but Taichi is.
It all makes sense.
of course booking wise, it also helps that you cannot have your NEVER title holder in BoSJ.

From my understanding that middle range tickets cost 2 much for people. Thecheap ones ($50) have pretty much sold out so they ADDED MORE but the middle range hasn't moved fuck all

based taichi
based miho
based suzuki-gun
that was great

Don't know what match some of you saw, Dragon Lee vs Ishimori was absolutely based and Dragon Lee is over as fuck in Japan. The crowd was rocking during the match even during the slower moments.

Dragon Lee soaking in the love from the Japanese crowd has been my favorite part of the tour. You can tell he really loves being in Japan.

>80% people agrees that the match felt like a HW one istead of a JR one
It isnt that hard.