If Shawn Michaels was in his prime today would he stand out?

or would he be just another flippy shit vanilla midget?

Attached: 1556705351579.jpg (624x390, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6jZYBJmLZdg
youtube.com/watch?v=TfnpLzGMnFE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I never really cared for HBK but even he is infinitely better than the current crop

He'd be Dolph Ziggler.

Him and Balor would feud to see who gets the playgirl shoot.

based

he'd be exactly what he was in his prime. wwe champ

Shawn was above all a draw in prime. He certainly ding-dong diddly wouldn't be today

He would for his looks and storytelling, but compared to the workrate of most of the people today, he's midcard at best.

>Battle of the girly magazines

Attached: 348A7443-8530-4C2E-A260-74722AB0A672.jpg (650x444, 31K)

Bret is so based

he drew 4.0+ ratings as champion before they botched the bulldog feud. that's double today's rating
plus they weren't a publicaly traded company back then
shawn didn't get over for his workrate he got over for his charisma.

No one could get over in today’s climate. Wwe has state but they don’t know how to use them

If he was in WWE he wouldn't stand out because he'd have shitty scripted promos and his name would be shortened to just Shawn

disagree, he got over for his work but it was an era where there was a different definition. People knew he was bumping and selling like a maniac, just like Mr Perfect, but they couldn't tell you that in smark terms.

look at that GOAT look, he’d probably be the face of the company or atleast a mainstay in the main event.

how many times are you going to repost this?
In the modern era he'd be like Fandango. Talented, but boring. Never pushed because Vince doesn't get the subtleties of the gimmick, and kliq style politicking doesn't work anymore.

>hbk
>vanilla
>flippy shit
HBK has far more charisma and is a million times better on the mic. Better look too
Workrate doesn't matter you retarded smark
This is the only correct answer. Also add that his based finisher wouldn't be as special because everyone does 15 superkicks a match now

>10/10 worker
>10/10 look
>10/10 charisma
>10/10 promo

And at 6'1", he'd tower over most of the current roster, so he'd be the total package. Imagine the best attributes of Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, and Daniel Bryan all rolled into one. The only thing that would hold him back would be his shit attitude.

Attached: 091a1d9d5af52688265a0a64bfeaed12.jpg (300x624, 39K)

He would stand out as the only guy with mic skills and charisma

i think the term you're looking for is "in-ring charisma" which shawn had boatloads of. it wasn't just his moves and bumps, but the stuff he did between them. that's what separated him from mr. perfect. for the lack of a better term, the "it" factor.

No because he would be booked and forcibly written like shit

Being a two-faced cunt might actually help wrestlers get somewhere in the current "just happy to be here" environment.

Also, he couldn't do any of the drugs and probably wouldn't sleep around as much, so there's that too

The sexy boy experience sounds like a draw in 2019 political climate if you asks me

Perfect just had the wrong timing where he was broken down by '93 when they were deciding between Lex and Bret, he had loads of charisma

if you watch shawn in his prime, and even 2002 and on, you can't help but hang on his every word and pay attention to his every action. there's just something about him that has always been captivating.
that's probably why some old mark left him $2 million in his will back in the 90s

But his prime was during his second run with no drugs or sleeping around

agree shawn def. benefitted from better timing. also came into his prime during a time when it was necessary to push the envelope. although hennig had the opportunity and failed to live up to expectations in nitro-era wcw.
objectively, shawn's prime was 2005-2010 because he made more money during this span than his entire previous career combined. (not counting 2018 saudibucks)
however it's fair to look at his 90s run as the pinnacle of his achievement in terms of making all of that possible.

Uh.... I'll have to take your word on that, I missed the whole ruthless aggression era.

No, because he'd get released for doing coke and popping pills.

>>hbk
>>vanilla
>>flippy shit
never understood why modern smarks lump shawn in with the flippy shit. in the 90's i think he did one flip total and that was the moonsault in the vader match. yeah he did the rocker flip bump once in a blue moon but it was always saved for big matches

>how many times are you going to repost this?
this is the second time I've posted this thread you mark

>10/10 promo
I'm a Shawn mark but even I know that's not true

Attached: joe_pesci_4.jpg (337x425, 19K)

fuck off gloomer scum

only this time it was successful
youtube.com/watch?v=6jZYBJmLZdg

>that's probably why some old mark left him $2 million in his will back in the 90s
lol what?

he'd be 100000000000xStyles

u mad bro?

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (1000x814, 117K)

>0:50
based
He wasn't a typical great promo in wrestling terms, but he made you hang on every word even when he rambled. He was the proto-HHH except he was usually in compelling storylines so it worked better

don't want to link to reddit but google "shawn michaels inheritance".
A person who did not know HBK personally left him $2.5 million USD in his will, back in 1995.
Meltzer reported it as a fact. Take it as you will

One of my favorite promos ever.

Attached: kid goku.jpg (900x471, 245K)

shawn has denied it, but desu I would deny it too

Attached: hbk.png (644x281, 48K)

you forgot 3/10 draw even when wrestling was cool.

still drew more than you-know-who
youtube.com/watch?v=TfnpLzGMnFE

Attached: bretcuck.jpg (200x250, 11K)

> 10/10 look
> 5'10 with no muscle mass
What did you mean by this

this is one of the main reasons why shawn was never a meltzer lover like many of his peers. He felt that meltzer undermined his career by reporting this.

>no muscle mass

Attached: 1555416199206.jpg (768x1024, 139K)

he should have juiced to the gills like benoit and guerrero

boards.Yea Forums.org/tv/thread/113906899

NASH 92 CONSPIRACY BEING DISCUSSED ON OTHER BOARDS

ITS HAPPENING AGAIN OH NO NO NO

twig arms. bet he never even lifted

I think once he started going bald he eased off the gear.

Is there any picture of him from the 90s where he *doesn't* look coked out of his mind?

to me, he never looked unnaturally big for his frame like a lot of other wrestlers have.

Attached: justin credible.jpg (500x500, 49K)

piper, hogan, dusty were the same way. never trusted that jew as far as they could throw him

being intense doesn't mean you're coked out, user.
you might discover that if you pry your ass out of that chair and find a purpose in life

no because the guy doesn't matter when everything is scripted by robots

>From the Jan 15th, 1996 Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

"It was reported a few weeks back on the Jim Shyman 900 line that Shawn Michaels inherited $2.5 million from a wrestling fan that he didn't know that just passed away. This is a true story. It happened a few months back and word just got out. Michaels had attempted to keep it quiet. At the Michaels press conference in Fresno, he was asked about this and got really mad and said "No comment" and said not to ever bring the subject up again. Michaels still wants to continue wrestling although he's probably moving into a bigger house."

So what's the controversy here?

Should he have turned down the money and attempted to reach out to family members of this rich and presumably autistic fan? Should he have donated it?

There isn't one?
Stop looking for things to be outraged at ya snowflake simp

no controversy. probably just a dying wrestling fan whose final days were brightened by the HBKino on his TV
The main thing was he tried to keep it quiet but it got out, harming his career in the sense that he might not have been seen as deserving of his station in people's eyes

well, it's not like he lied.
it was nearly 3 million dollar inheritance

10/10 voice.
It helps that he doesn't sound like a faggot like Seth or Cole.

Bumpetty

this is honestly the best answer.

so many people on the roster could be legit stars if it wasn't for WWE's forced shitty writing and micromanaging of every little thing they do, down to their mannerisms. That said, even as someone who doesn't care much for Shawn, he'd be a bonafide main eventer and likely one of the top guys if not the top guy.

He'd be what he always was - an overrated shitter. He's a slightly better Seth Rollins.

He’d be poor man’s Ziggler if they gave him the same booking. Less athletic, less charismatic, less interesting, worse build, less attractive, not a real athlete, a whiny shitter politicker.

Hi Dolph

based. Michaels is shit tier

Vince would gravitate to him simply because his motivation. Shawn is one of the best because he wanted it. You can list every top guy and they always have the same thing in common, they needed to be the best. Cena, Triple H, Austin ect.