Vince now paying low carders $500,000 to prevent them from heading to AEW

"Jim Ross spoke about how he wanted to bring someone from WWE to AEW, but was told that said talent had signed a $500,000 deal with Vince McMahon just to stop him from leaving:

“I heard the other day — someone told me in a meeting because I was asking about some talent — I’m not officially in that department but you know, I’m the senior advisor, so I want to advise. I wanna stick my nose where it doesn’t belong but at least you’re getting my opinion. I asked about one guy in WWE, who’s an undercard guy — been there a while, solid hand, could help the younger guys learn because he’s at that age now, early 30s, and they say, ‘Well he’s not available. He just signed for half-a-million dollars’. He’s not even on television. 500k just to keep him off the streets so to speak. So yeah, I would think there’s a reactionary phase of this deal that, ‘Hey, these guys got some cash and they’re willing to pay people”.

Ross did not specify who said talent was, but it is still interesting to note that Vince McMahon is clearly threatened by AEW that he is being forced into signing talent to massive deals even if they aren’t being used on TV just to ensure that they don’t move to All Elite Wrestling."

>V-vince isn't th-threatened by AEW! We-we swear! WWE is th-the big leagues!

OH NO NO NO NO NO. Imagine paying someone who isn't even on TV half a million dollars to keep them from leaving. It's Zack Ryder, isn't it?

Attached: 8683746568238.png (2560x947, 1.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wrestletalk.com/news/report-wwe-recently-paid-500000-to-stop-undercard-talent-leaving-the-company/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vince is a don.

>500K for someone who's not on TV
First of all, who are those guys not on TV?

What actually happened
WWE saw potential and a training hand so gave him a great contract
What JR says after he's on contract with AEW: wow golly gee whiz, he's signed to WWE just to keep him off of AEW

Can clickbait please die?

Probably Ziggler

oh no no no no no

E-Drones are the kings of copeposting

Ziggler makes much more than 500k

>could help the younger guys learn because he’s at that age now,
>early 30s
Aren't late 30s a wrestlers prime now or have been duped by the retirement league meme

Based Zack going to buy so many ding-dong diddly Funko pops

This fucking E-drone cope, jesus fucking christ. It's ABSOLUTELY a predatory business move to sign guys to half a million dollar contracts when they don't even put them on fucking television. It's unquestionably a way to spite AEW and to not being able to see this or to pretend otherwise is borderline pathetic and sad of you.

Attached: vinc.gif (200x150, 1.69M)

You could read what was in the OP - JR asked about someone and found out he was on contract
What JR is now saying is "Vince is threatened and forced to give massive pay for contracts"

It honestly sounds like a Meltzer article

I hope he is talking about Zack and that Zack got 500k.

Yet what is it? Ambrose is getting six million according to Meltzer to go with AEW?

Fascinating really.

Why would say, Meltzer, the shill for AEW support AEW giving over 10x the ammount but boo when WWE gives only 10%...

>M-meltzer, it'-it's fake ne-news! Meltzer's j-just shilling.

Except it wasn't a Meltzer article, you stupid fucking retard, it was Wrestletalk. Here's the article: wrestletalk.com/news/report-wwe-recently-paid-500000-to-stop-undercard-talent-leaving-the-company/

It honestly sounds like Meltzer's living completely rent-free in your head. It's not healthy to have such an obsession with him, user.

Attached: meltzy.jpg (270x480, 12K)

Zack was already on a million a year, his Merch sales were insane at one point. They's have to offer him more to stay, which is hilarious.

Thanks! I knew it was from an actual fake source - by mentioning Meltzer, I knew you'd reveal the actual fake source (Yes, I knew all along but couldn't bring it up since you'd just deflect).

Wrestletalk is and always has been a terrible source and nothing more than fake news.

Get back to me when an actual dirtsheet reports it :)

holy fucking shit e drones are sad

I'm autistic and procrastinating in finishing my last essays.

So :
> Undercard (i.e jobber or don't qualify for any belt).
> Veterans of some sort. Could help the younger guys.
> Early 30s (less than 35).
> Never on television (which includes appearing on Main Event or 205 or even the odd appearances on Raw/Smackdown).

We could narrow it down to :
Heath Slater
Mojo Rawley
Tyler Breeze
Akira Tozawa
Gentleman Jack Gallagher
Mike Kanellis

Slater would fit the bill in term of age, position in the card, appearances and wrestling ability. I personally thinks it's him.
My second guess is Rawley. Everything also fits. He might not be the best wrestler but he's been on the main roster for a few years now, placing him as a reference for younger guys looking for helps.
I doubt it's Breeze also he fits the description. I personally thinks he'd rather quit than sign a new contract. But that's just me.
Tozawa is somewhat a midcarder on 205, which doesn't means much. He's regularly present but not as much as anyone on either brands. He fits the age and the experience but I highly doubt it's him. Altought he might resign for a better spot in the card.
Same goes for Gallagher and Kanellis. With the exception that the latter might actually leaves instead of signing.

In any other days I'd say it was either Curt Hawkins or Ryder but considering they are getting a push right now, I'd doubt it. Surely they would resign but I don't think they are the one OP is talking about. I also don't think either of the B-Team are concerned : Bo is 29 and Curtis is getting in his 40s. They don't fit the descriptions.

Or most likely this is just a random piece of shit made up for clicks, user.
Like anything WT puts out.

Or also it's not totally made up and they just said that to JR to make it seem like WWE is ready to play ball.

There's also the fact that Heath said he signed a 500k contract about 2 years ago
But logic is missing

Ziggler makes around 1 million per year.

Yeah reading the thread, they might have made this shit up.

Oh well.

Attached: 1390701406277.jpg (350x277, 17K)

I also seem to recall Heath was working in the performance centre sometimes so that's another point.
Impressive work, though.

Ziggler.

it makes sense that vince is offering more money. their market cap is insane. hell, they paid DX nearly 5 million for one match

BY GAWD! WWE IS ON SUICIDE WATCH KANG!

SOS
E-DRONES COPIN'
SOS
DEY BE CRYIN'

>Zack Ryder makes at least 500k a year to drive/fly around the country and eat catering
God I wish that was me

You can watch the entire interview on Busted Open Radio's YouTube

Zack Ryder just got 500 grand to fuel his Funko Pop addiction

How are these guys worth so much money? These are approaching "WCW spending Turner's money" levels of bloated contracts. Clearly they aren't worth it since ratings are in freefall but how did they get there in the first place? I would never fucking ever peg most of the guys on TV today as $500,000 contracts.

JR didn't say it was 500k/yr, right? Could be a 2 or 3 year deal.

Likely Zack, he's one of Cody's best friends

it's not tyler breeze. breeze wants to go back to nxt or quit. there is no way he'd resign, even for 500K.

Ziggler probably makes over a million with merch.

it's probably Ryder

>Heath Slater
>Tyler Breeze
>Apollo Crews
>Chad Gable
Possibilities I can think of given
>Likely making under 500K (before now at least)
>early 30s
>"solid hand"

WWE is by faggots and for faggots. Vince leading the way with his faggot tendencies.