How would you bring the ratings back up (consistently). Doesn't have to be back to a 3.0, but just a solid 2.5 or so

How would you bring the ratings back up (consistently). Doesn't have to be back to a 3.0, but just a solid 2.5 or so
Hardmode: No Russo
Impossible mode: Can only use the current roster

Attached: plummeting.png (259x194, 5K)

Attached: Chadsaro.png (905x353, 353K)

Long lasting storys.

>Off season from May-July, December-early January
>In the off season the wrestlers write stories among themselves with guidance from a small creative team
>Raw is now 2 hours
>House shows only occur during off season and pretty much exist for practicing matches
>Before the off season, story arcs enter cliffhanger territory
>Let talent prescript and film their own promos
>Focus the shows simulated sports angle rather than it's cartoony slapstick angle
>Every story and angle must have a beginning, middle and end
>There's only 6 PPVs a year
>205L and NXT are used to train talent, are filmed in blocks
> 2 weeks worth of RAW/SDL are filmed in one week, Raw Monday/Wednesday, SDL Tuesday/Thursday and broadcast as normal

The idea is to give time for storylines to develop while keeping talent from getting injured during low earning house shows, as well as giving them incentive to rest up and get better at talking/storylines. Everyone is responsible for their own segment being as good as possible, so they're accountable

The average viewer according to Nielsen is a 54 year old white male. There's nothing that can save it.

Vince in the ring announces he's firing all the non-whites and ugly women. I assure you ratings would skyrocket

>Raw is now 2 hours

SD is 2 hours and just as shit

> 2 weeks worth of RAW/SDL are filmed in one week, Raw Monday/Wednesday, SDL Tuesday/Thursday and broadcast as normal

Nice, now you have 300 spoilers going on the internet

>ask Ronda to come back and tell her she can legitimately shoot on Becky as punishment for her purposely fucking up the match ending and winning

That's the only way. Ronda is the face of the company and carried the fucking thing herself since MitB of last year.
With her they have nobody to build around and it shows

Have Raw and Smackdown actually develop the story of a feud/arc instead of just hyping it up for a PPV.

Scrap the backstage interviews with the sexbots, bring back actual segments between the talent.
Regardless of how little importance the talent is, it gives them a reason to actually be facing each other when there isn't a belt or a title shot on the line.
This is very minor, but it would definitely be a step in the right direction.

Easy. Just become the AEW B show and the trickle down will save them

>off season
Nope. The only way WWE can keep its cultist audience is by remaining an habitual indulgence. If you give the audience time to break their conditioning, they likely won't come back.
WWE's product is an incarnation of sunk cost, in which cost is represented by time. This is why they put hundreds of hours of extra content on the network. This is why all of their big gimmick matches have been shoehorned into their own special ppvs and spread out evenly across the year.
>I'm thinking about quitting, but I like the Elimination Chamber so I'll at least wait for that
>I'm probably gonna quit after Wrestlemania but I sure as hell ain't quitting right before it
>I'm not gonna quit right before they do the shake-up
>I haven't enjoyed wrestling in a while but I usually like MITB matches so I'll just wait and see what happens there
>If I stop watching now, I'll basically have wasted the past year of my life. Let me at least see how these current stories wrap up.

I just turned the ratings around.

Attached: notplummeting.png (187x250, 44K)

So... ESL and mini-Angle? Yeah, that'll save the show.

Remember when Raw and Smackdown used to mean something? You could actually see major title changes happening on a given week, and you'd regularly get gimmick matches on random nights of the week.

What happened to that? Why'd they stop?

No more autism. I know that's a vague statement that covers a lot but it's pretty much all they have to do. For example, don't have Kevin Owens talk retardedly to fucking toys, have him break Xavier's neck and then shove his bloody face to Kofi's face while he's tied. Have him kidnap his children and threat him to throw them off a bridge if he doesn't give him a title shot. Have him go to Big E's house and re-injure him with a hammer and have blood shown coming from it.

Give me a badass reason to continue investing in the story, not autism.

Bring back piledrivers and unprotected chair shots

Push Braun without 50/50 booking, that’s literally it

Fool-proof plan to kill the company once and for all.

Attached: Stool Bombz.png (750x1334, 3.46M)

user I don’t think you like wrestling

By doing this

You've discovered time travel too

>There's only 6 PPVs a year
So just Big 4 plus the Saudi shows? Are you retarded?

> 2 weeks worth of RAW/SDL are filmed in one week
You do know that historically taped shows draw way more less right?

based retard making a useless thread without checking the catalog

>user
>tripfag
Go back faggot

Do all of the obvious stuff that would make the show better and fun to watch and kill the Saudi Arabia deal because there's reason to believe it made people stop watching.

>checking the catalog
>on Yea Forums
Is this nigga serious?

Trump becomes GM

>just big 4 plus saudis

Now THAT sounds badass. They could add mitb back to mania and actually use cool shit like hell in a cell as a surprise instead of a ppv

Hold a Male and Female tournament for something.

I just like anything where matches matter.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but I skimmed the replies. I think they need to play the long game with stories a lot like impact are doing. If you haven't been watching recently the Johnny impact ref buyoff has been months in the making and was so subtle I felt like the cop at the end of usual suspects. They also need to stop pushing this as a sport. Add a little bit of disbelief like they did with undertaker way back when they were pitching him as an actual dead man. Also stop making everything so bright and clean and remove all the fucking padding from the rails. The rails are a heels weapon and a chance for crowds to get involved. That's just my take anyway. I hate sports and treating this like a real sport hurts the experience

Give Bobbo both championship belts and all four tag team belts and let him beat up the whole roster for a decade until retirement.

It's also weekly and subject to the rest of the problems WWE has. The third hour of Raw has been a problem since it came in and ruins pacing.
Irrelevant to normies, which is what you're trying to recapture.
>Muh cult
The cultist following is down to less than 2m. The idea is to attract new fans. It's a fact that TV shows with fewer episodes a year historically retain more viewers than year long running shows, and it also gives a chance to properly promote the shows and resolution of storylines. At the moment, talent are worked too hard and creative have some 10 hours worth of a stories to write a week, which seems to result in things being dropped, no continuity, and for the most part very little stakes week to week. There's nothing keeping fans coming back because every show is pretty much filler. Treat WWE programming like a TV show.
NAA.
Big four, MitB, one Saudi. Filler PPVs ruin pacing and stories. Historically, WWE has drawn more than 2m viewers, but that's not the way it's going anymore is it? Year WWE like any other TV show and pace it properly, giving viewers a reason to tune in. If the cultist following has dropped so much, it's time to create new fans and new fans don't want to commit to 5 hours of programming, plus a 5hr ppv once a month. If WWE want to be treated like a TV show, they should act like one. Take this past RAW as an example. Why am I tuning in next week? To see the resolution of what storyline? The ppv isn't for another 3 weeks, it's too formulaic.

ya literally seething because your plan is full of shit lol

I am not saying you are wrong, but different people want different things out of their wrestling and WWE is a variety show that tries to please everybody which doesn't always work.
Here's the thing, there are less and less casuals watching wrestling nowadays and they can't do a NJPW or AEW who are appealing to the hardcores, the one that pay tickets and fly to watch the shows and willing to spend $$$ for merch.
Unfortunately WWE's product hasn't been able to keep the current fan interested and hasn't been able to draw new viewers but this is an industry problem rather than a WWE exclusive.

>>Off season from May-July, December-early January

It's not needed. You just need to swap out/cycle out the talent, then bring them back when people start to miss them again. It's just hard to do without territories.

>>Let talent prescript and film their own promos

You don't want to script promos. You can't script some of the crazy stuff Hulk, Savage and others said. You can't write that stuff on paper, it just has to happen.

>>House shows only occur during off season and pretty much exist for practicing matches

House shows are super important to wrestling. Not only do they usually draw money, but they give you visibility in various markets and allow you to hit places it wouldn't make sense to hit with big shows.

One thing I've noticed about the current model with a few of my nephews and friends kids is that between age 6-9 they go mental for it then usually by 10 they've progressed into actual sport, usually football (britfag). Maybe they need to think about why they leave after this time

There's no 'just one Saudi' shit you faggot, they have a contract to fulfill that says two per year.

This would cost over $100 millon dollars.

>It's not needed. You just need to swap out/cycle out the talent,
Agree. Off seasons killed Lucha Underground, among other things but out of sight and out of mind is true for wrestling.

>You don't want to script promos. You can't script some of the crazy stuff Hulk, Savage and others said.
not every talents can cut a promo like Hulk, Savage, etc. some of them can only do good lucha things or have ESL or get nervous in front of camera. WWE don't want to give talents bullet points and have them cut a 5 minute promos and they ran out of talking point in 2 mins, like Ronda.

NAA
They're scripting shit right now but heavily monitoring it. Maybe the solution would be to lift restrictions in that case. The point is to make talent accountable for their own success, so the promos can be as organic as they want.
>House shows
WWE has been losing money for the last year in house shows, and numerous wrestlers have been injured in front of crowds less than 1k. Jeff Hardy just last week, for example. House shows still happen, just during "touring" season where they're not focusing on the TV shows.
Big four plus Saudi then, "you faggot". We're talking hypothetically and I don't keep up with WWE at this point, because why on earth would I? My takeaway point is to make WWE an actual TV show and stop appealing to the now less than 2m cult given they've thrown away 3m+ regular viewers by oversaturating their market.

In all honesty, after Saudi Arabia killed an American journalist, the contract should have been voided. WWE suffered a huge backlash which could arguably be part of the cause to this decline. They were in the news for a long time regarding it and had a lot of criticism thrown their way, incredibly bad optics.

>Reject all that money because burgers had their feelings hurt
Yeah, no sane owner in the business of making money would ever do that.

>WWE suffered a huge backlash which could arguably be part of the cause to this decline.
the stock dropped to mid 60's but soon recovered
that guy kashoogie was forgotten about
saudi executiing 30 people in a day is the new scandal

That really didn't matter in the grand scheme when it comes to losing viewers. Becky Lynch has done more damage than that.

All that's happening now is that the last little bit of casual viewers are leaving RAW and Smackdown behind after this past Mania and the ratings are gonna match the actual subscribers to the WWE Network.

>WWE has been losing money for the last year in house shows

It's been a crappy product for a while and between the wrestling overload you get through Raw/SD/NXT/NXT UK/205 Live + PPV's, it's just too much and there's not much need to pay for it when you can watch it for free.

>numerous wrestlers have been injured in front of crowds less than 1k.

Injuries can happen at any time. Sure less shows lowers the risk, but working a safer style does as well. Mexico has some of the longest lasting wrestlers, because they work a safer style.

It sounds like we agree

Network numbers took a huge hit that never recovered. Money talks in America.

World build. Bring back hardcore title

In the network era I'm surprised they don't use the hardcore title to get lower tier talent over with daily updates

This thread is silly. Everyone ITT watches WWE regardless of what they do.

None of your input matters.

Attached: 193824289.jpg (320x357, 50K)

I don't watch WWE, I just check results. The last match I watched was Goldberg v Brock 2.

> Chairshots
> Sexy women matches
> All vanilla midgets under 220lbs are jobbers
> All fat fucks are jobbers too
> Boner killers and doublebaggers can only be side characters
> Storylines for 50% of the matches, having a good match doesn't count as a storyline

I only watch WWE youtube segments, and only those that look interesting, this week it was Lars beating Hardys and Alexa vs. Naomi's giant ass

Give Cornette the pencil

I'm talking about WWE, not all of wrestling babygirl.

Attached: Delete.jpg (500x500, 26K)

I don't watch WWE. I know Becky, Seth, Triple H and Kofi won at mania from this place. I have no idea what else went on.

>Cut the amount of women’s wrestling by at least 50%
Problem solved

BOOK IT!

Attached: red vs blue.jpg (1935x1548, 283K)

YUM