I'm not saying it is, but is AEW a work?

I'm not saying it is, but is AEW a work?

Attached: worked.png (1439x1531, 558K)

if it is, what's the endgame?

Spark interest in the business and recreate the boom of the late 90s through worked competition.

Monday night wars
Competition
Raise views make more money

I hate Seth Rollins and how’s he trying to act all cool here, like they’re still friends.

I work at the PPG Paints arena and saw Seth a few months ago before Raw. I was restocking one of the food vendors and he cane up to me. I stupidly shook his hand and said I was a fan. He goes “oh, so you blow wind around? Hahahaha!” I told him good joke and he just kept laughing. Then he asked me if I could get him some soup. I said we didn’t have any prepped but I thought we had sent some to catering.

Then he goes “Woah, a talking fan!” And starts pinwheeling his arms around. He knocks over a spinner rack of chips and runs away.

About 20 minutes later Jamie Noble came up to me and apologized for the incident and gave me 100 bucks “not to report it since this has happened before”. I took the money and got ready to head home. Then Rollins catches me as I’m in the parking lot and says “Woah it’s the talking fan again HAHAHAH!” I just keep walking and he yells out “Hey girls, look at the talking and walking fan! Like the air blowing thing!” But there was nobody around at all, he was talking to himself.

Worst pasta ever
Kill yourself redditurd

it is a work. i am a wwe employee of 2 years that has been browsing here for about 7 months but haven't leaked anything that wasn't extremely obvious for fear of losing my job in the unlikely event that someone may find out. recent corporate turmoil has led to me applying for jobs elsewhere though so i won't be working for them much longer. the current plan is to have aew run as its own thing for about a year then have wwe buy it out as belief backstage is that there is n way it will outperform raw or smackdown. then wwe will attempt an invasion angle similar to the wcw one but this time with all aew's top stars. a lot of people at the offices don't have any faith that this will work though because most of us really don't enjoy watching and don't think creative can make it entertaining. i tried to get into it around the time i was hired but have always found it really boring. it is nice to get tickets to some of the bigger shows though if i want to. took my younger brothers to summerslam last year which was pretty cool for them (they're big fans of roman), i have also gotten to meet most of the wrestlers/on screen people and they have all been really nice to me

Just using the word recreate tells me you weren't there. One does not use the word recreate for something of that magnitude. Any boom on the same level might be a continuation or a renaissance bit not a recreation. Look at the adjective: "boom".

checked and kek'd
seethed

>they're big fans of roman
ya blew it

Ya seethe Jasethy?

hi seth

one is 15 and really likes roman. the other is 19 and watches about as much as i do but roman is his favorite. also roman is unironically a really good guy

I was there as a kid who was a mark. You're right that there's no way you could actually "recreate" that time but that doesn't mean Vince won't try if he wants to. See example A: WWECW

If this is close to the truth it sounds like you asked about it and they gave an oversimplified answer to work you since you don't watch wrestling at all or know what's really happening. Like "oh that AEW thing, suuuure, we're going to buy them out that's the plan just let the story finish" and you took it literally.

based Pittsburgh Sheetz MTO fan

>been here only 7 months
>says unironically

Yeah right.

I saw seth walking out of a bears/lions game like 5 years ago. i didnt say anything because i thought and still think that seth sucks. i will say though that he is no taller than 5'7 and was wearing those athletic swishy pants and even though we were outside I could hear them from like 50 ft away

Alright, don't take it personally, I'm just always on the lookout for those who weren't there, out to get us.

Cody was sent by Vince to make Khan lose money so that the Jags fold and he can scoop up their players for the XFL

It makes no sense.
If AEW holds an event, that means that they are spending money and making money. Not making enough money to offset everything.
Where is that money coming from?
If it would be coming from WWE, they would have to report it on their reports to their shareholders and we would have seen it already.
So if you cannot trace the money back to WWE, it really means it is not a work.
I know you are not saying it, but even going this path, thinking about this being some huge work, because everything in wrestling needs to be a work, that path leads to madness.

i'll admit its not impossible. i had heard braun was winning the rumble this year so i was genuinely surprised when seth won
started out on this site as a Yea Forumstard in college. started browsing here a little before crown jewel

Moxley isn't going to AEW, at least not yet.

He shouldn't. Not yet anyway. Make money in deathmatch dream matches.