/esg/ eternal skateboarding general

/esg/ eternal skateboarding general

Basic brand information for beginners: pastebin.com/CxdBGA6W (embed)

Shoe reviews: docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0
Submit a shoe review: docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY

YOU' RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU 'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

skatepark etiquette: keep the parks clean, get in people's faces if they litter

trick tip: try learning the basics rolling fast

youtu.be/bBrt9difLE8

>LAST THREAD

Attached: 1513897174544.jpg (2302x2302, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ou0U5ohsms
jenkemmag.com/home/2015/04/09/the-cky-era-with-kerry-getz/
jenkemmag.com/home/2019/03/20/science-behind-overcoming-fear/
jenkemmag.com/home/2019/04/26/the-ble-crew-are-the-backyard-wrestlers-of-skateboarding/
youtube.com/watch?v=-tJr0FljO18
youtu.be/3cX7wisSiWI
youtu.be/fRrSgo-4IvI
youtube.com/watch?v=8QJqimOa1kU
soundcloud.com/ventcity/vent-city-episode-1/s-AK3KC
youtube.com/watch?v=hXUqwuzcGeU
jenkemmag.com/home/2016/09/29/a-brief-look-at-skateboardings-gay-past/
youtube.com/watch?v=clBtEd631i0
youtube.com/watch?v=p44TIA0Dlvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Basrf

Bases

BASED DEAN GOD

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

Pretty bases

Always wear a skid lid my gnarly dudes

Attached: 1460495435704.jpg (460x346, 120K)

Yikes

BASED

BASED DEAN MESSIAH

Finna

Bases

Thanks OPerino

also, you're doing a great fucking job at keeping the skatepark etiquette spirit alive

Attached: 1555386892244.jpg (640x480, 25K)

HOLY FUCKING BASES DEAN God

Ain't no thang

fuck FA

They're just poor people supreme desu

HE WAS A SK8ER BOI
SHE SAID SEE U L8ER BOI

It's a ding-dong diddly cold night

yeah, I'm not getting good vibes from them lately, but it could all be in my head

what's your take anons?

Attached: 1508129044319.jpg (500x539, 35K)

what

/thread

Please don't start this agian Ned Flanders.

Dunno, never bought a board of theirs nor do I care to.

What happened guys? i missed it.

the Nine Club is officially at the image-cleaning business

Boy hit head and ded

thread theme
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ou0U5ohsms

so rick kane is gippers re-reg right ?

I don't know but freeskatemag just posted a scooter doing a bump to bar. Wtf is happening?

Attached: Screenshot_20190428-042743.png (720x1280, 849K)

Alright, I know this might be more a question for Yea Forums but it's still relevant here.

What were teenaged skaters listening to in 07/08?

Simple Plan

Tony Hawk soundtrack. I was personally listening to metal and techno but anything from THPS1-3 was valid.

Well I did it. Got a new board, new grip tape and tried it out today. I landed a kickflip first try even though I moved liked 1 foot behind where I started. Then I couldn't land anymore and my legs got sore. I can still switch flip and heel flip and varial kickflip, the new grip tape definitely makes it easier. I'm still working on those kickflips though. It just doesn't feel comfortable/correct having my front foot so close to the bolts. I keep trying it with my foot about 4 inches from the front bolts and the board only flips halfway or it does half a rotation while flipping most of the way but I land away from the board.

Does anybody else kickflip with your front foot farther back? Everything online I found says to keep your front foot on or really close to the front bolts. I find I don't get any pop and I just jump up without anything happening.

having your foot back like that will help for stationary or super slow kickflips, which it sounds like youre doing, but for doing them over something or with a nice clip, you need to have it forward to be able to control it and keep it from going "rocket". thats why someone like jeremy wray, who kickflips fast and huge, infamously does his kickflips with his feet in the exact same position for ollie

MGMT

what do you do if your local shop kind of sucks?
>only open from 11 to 5
>maybe six decks in the whole store, the one in my size is a blank
>pretty much all the wheels are for longboards, the rest are soft as fuck
>try to get some bearings at least
>they don't even have reds
i fucking tried. it seems like they're more focused on selling glass these days than boards. are there any online store that you don't to feel like total shit for supporting?
from kerry getz
jenkemmag.com/home/2015/04/09/the-cky-era-with-kerry-getz/

>You have one of the most perfectly popped kickflips in the biz, what’s your secret?
It’s all in the front foot. I see a lot of people use the front part of their toe to flick, but it’s more about using the entire side of your foot to flick, like where your laces start, the last last three lower loops.

Watch Jeremy Wray do it, he is a prime example. He’s got a big ass foot and he would be riding a 7.5 board, kickflipping with his foot almost right in the center of the board. If you see his shoes his laces are fucked halfway up the shoe because he’s using the entire side of his foot to do that kickflip. Andrew Reynolds does the same. Just stay on top of it at all times, jump up, flick and that board will come right up – it’s going to come up to your feet just like an ollie.

Gay

Based

THIS IS GA-AY
*clapclap-clapclapclap*
THIS IS GA-AY
*clapclap-clapclapclap*

Dont support it.
Or tell the owner/who ever runs stock to keep some stuff in for u. Tell him what you like and how often u buy it. See if he's willing to stock some stuff specifically for u.

Yoooooo this hobby is gay as fuck

anyone from japan?

wanna meet up with some dudes to skate golden week

Attached: IMG_1221.png (1136x640, 1.31M)

my local shop is a hole in the wall but the owner is cool and has a dog and a miniramp in the shop. the stuff is expensive as fuck but i try to buy wax and shirts and stuff if i can. he doesn't really carry decks or wheels i like, so i don't buy them

at the end of the day, its a business. if you want the shop to carry something you want, ask, but dont go out of your way like its some sort of charity. i found mine because the local park's owner told me they were cool, so i know they're probably on the level

pic related, my shop like to videotape customers skating the ramps and post them on his facebook

Attached: vivaldi_2019-04-30_15-29-59.png (1367x963, 1.31M)

kek

I don't understand why it bans me when I try to register

what's the fucking trick?

what are some insoles with a high heel? I've given the insole that came with my Adidas Sucius a fair shake but they just don't fit my foot and I need a replacement but that insole is weird as fuck.

Attached: Capture.jpg (891x854, 76K)

skating is for QUEERS

lel, we still get read by Jenkemm

jenkemmag.com/home/2019/03/20/science-behind-overcoming-fear/

Cool article, visualization is underrated as fuck, it alone kept me half decent during the winter when I didn't do any skating.

fa feels like they're just poaching all the skateboarders they want but in a bad way??? i can't explain it properly and it's trying too hard to be this edgy thing. tyshawn should've stuck with toy machine lol

This is a genuine question. Have any of you Yea Forumsies ever talked to and hookup with a skater girl?

You should've linked this video incase it's "TL;DR" for some brainlet.

jenkemmag.com/home/2019/04/26/the-ble-crew-are-the-backyard-wrestlers-of-skateboarding/

Cool

what? slapfags out

Thank you

i have some hufs that came with an insole that's pretty thick in the heel area.

not as extreme as the sucius

Attached: IMG_0635.jpg (666x666, 47K)

Just bought my first skateboard. Bought the deck, wheels, etc and assembled it. It's pretty cool.
I thought it would be easier to ride, still getting the hang of it, and I can't control very well the side I'm going (maybe it's the truck, going to tight it a little later).
Serious question, which side should be on my back foot? Right or left?

Attached: first skateboard.jpg (1280x960, 79K)

whichever's mellower is where your pushing foot should rest

Lose weight

It's the light, I'm 65kg as my legs are very skinny. Look at the size of my pocket lol
Got it, will skate some more to decide which one is better

The graphic might clue you in. The nose should be pointing up and the tail toward the ground if your looking at the graphic right. Unless the graphic is landscape, in which case the board would be sideways.

Or like what this user saidThe kicktail that with the lowest angle is your actual tail. It should be a little shorter as well.

Nose is bigger and has a wider curve, tail is usually slightly pointier.

Have fun.

Exacly what I thought when skating, but asked here anyway. Now I know the English names (nose and tail), I googled it and nothing appeared
Thank you user, tomorrow I'm going to skate some hours to get the hang of it, I suppose all of you were confused at your first day of skakeboarding too and you all had fun. I'm amazed at it

There's a steep learning curve for sure.
Bend your knees. And after you do, bend them even more. It's not right unless it feels stupid at first.

hey this thread is pretty gay

Yeah, one girl. The sex was okay. She kinda starfished the entire time but fuck it I enjoyed myself, this was probably at least a decade ago... Most skater girls in my city are pretty savage though.

Attached: 101_Heritage_Hockey_8a3f2a96-4306-41f1-8b32-f38a295aa4b2_1024x1024.png (641x641, 328K)

Whatever you're comfortable with. If you can't decide, then if you get knocked backward off balance, which food do you slide back to catch yourself? That should be your back foot.

Also, learn to push with your back foot

misread the question, just saw other anons responses. Yeah as others said the nose is generally a little longer and steeper. Also the top of the graphic is generally at the nose, for sideways graphics it's typically rotated 90 degrees clockwise from the nose.

>jenkemmag.com/home/2015/04/09/the-cky-era-with-kerry-getz/

Thanks for this. My biggest fear is that I am learning it the wrong way even though it feels more natural for me to have my foot halfway up the board (maybe a little over halfway) instead of stretched to the bolts. Mentally it makes me feel like I'm doing the splits even though I know that isn't true lol. I know it's all in the flick of my forward foot because when I do my switch flips sometimes I don't even pop the board and the flick from my foot is strong enough to lift the board up about 10 inches and it does a full flip. I'll keep trying it with my stance that I like and work on that flip with my left foot.

>push with your back foot
wait. Does everybody push with their back foot or is this just to help him learn balance? I always push with my left foot (forward foot). But now I'm doubting myself and will pay attention to it when I'm riding later.

mongo pushing. it might seem easier at first to push with your front foot but in a long run it will be a bad habit. some people choose to mongo push though when setting up for fakie or switch tricks

basically what you hear on the tony hawk games around that time. there was also radio music which wasnt as widely hated i dont think

the gorillaz i remember listening to

>I see a lot of people use the front part of their toe to flick

that's bullshit and cop out from the question as well. Nobody flicks that way

>not using the toe to flick
K enlighten us, fucktard.

Attached: PowerfulFabulousLamprey.gif (305x202, 1.24M)

I was talking obviously about the front part part

Kek

here. So I just went and tried some kickflips and switch flips again. I landed maybe 2 out of 100 kickflips with my foot in my comfortable stance. I landed a bunch of sloppy ones that I feel off of right away. Then I remembered that when I was younger I used to position my feet in an 'L' shape at the tail end of the board (Extremely shaky and unbalanced!) and could sometimes land a super sloppy kickflip. I looked absolutely retarded doing this but landed 1, missed 1, then landed 5 in a row without having the board move too far from my starting position. There was barely any pop, maybe 2-3 inches and the front of the board was up near my knees (higher than a 45 degree angle) but I was able to do it.

I tried slowly moving my front foot closer to the middle of the board but they got less reliable. I did land one really nice one that I caught in the air about 10 inches off the ground but couldn't repeat that. I managed to get one video of this stupid looking foot positioning that I will upload later.

Nice

Late nite bamp

Attached: Jake-Phelps-Post.jpg (900x673, 87K)

try doing it on your phone, in an incognito tab so there are no session cookies. if it still bans you turn on airplane mode and then off again after a few mins to get a new IP and try again in an incognito tab.

What wheels are those? They look cool. Nice setup!

Anybody here paint their own art onto blank decks?

No, but I do grip art.

Show and tell time user

Who /slipons/

Attached: 20190501_131603.jpg (2048x1152, 853K)

Ok. I use oil based markers for most of the work. Sharpies specifically and sometimes off-brand oil markers if I like the colour. Acrylic works okay but it fades a lot faster than oil, water based is garbage, don't bother. Get whatever is cheapest because you're going to fuck the nib up anyways. If I can help it i'll use spraypaint to fill in large areas with colour.

Attached: 20190321_151416~2.jpg (1323x4431, 1.51M)

An example of marker only.

Attached: 20180813_113731~2.jpg (2988x1755, 1.97M)

An example of using spraypaint and outlining with markers. Thought I had more examples but I guess they're on my other phone. I'll do some digging.

Attached: IMG_20170722_142332_636.jpg (1080x1080, 98K)

but why?

Attached: 1556734601437.jpg (370x290, 57K)

YOU'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE

Attached: bigg.webm (480x480, 2.24M)

is there a better feeling than a session that feels right?

nice. top tier roll on that first fall as well.

Damn those look cool dude

That's rad

What are you whying at

Based tubbs

I just got into this dude. There's anothet fatty on insta @gruddyhogey truly never too fat.
Thanks fellas. I like to spice up my decks, make them stand out.

Havent been on this board since the switch to & wrestling
What has the impact on esg been since then?

if I knew all those things you said and had a phone like that, do you think I would be skating?

your trucks are too tight

>slipons
>Zero deck

do you also wear socks and sandals?

you fucking rule

I'm so glad I posted that graphic on /esg/

this is my best gripjob so far and it wasn't even done by me

Attached: skatemachine.png (1296x968, 2.55M)

it's all about the vibes

he looks pretty stylish on the board

people really misunderstand what style is on a skateboard

Fuck boys, my other phone is dead for good so I lost all the grip art I could have shown you. Oh well.
I didn't figure anyone in here would give a shit about grip art.
I really like that. Simple and minimal. I like simple grip art more, personally. A lot of colour is cool and all but it's distracting when doing flip tricks. I dunno, sometimes i'll buy a couple sheets of griptape and buy/steal some markers so that I can have projects to do on my days off work. I usually improvise or go in with a rough idea of the subject matter.

My bushings are shot
Only to take the trash out

skateboarding huh? more like cockboarding

>steel

Don't be a fag. Pay for what you want like a real adult. Unless of course you are stealing it from your parents who don't understand how edgy you are.

Shitposting aside, the artwork is pretty cool. I just used stencils to spray some stuff on my board. Using markers on grip tip would be too frustrating/feel weird because of the grittyness.

It's some brazilian brand I think, all my parts are national Brazilian ones
they are pretty good, but Canadian maple shape are better (but also expensive)

>pay walmart for your sharpies
Pfffftahahahaha you fucking boot licking normie retard

>tfw
>can Ollie over sideways trashcan on flat
>but can’t do it up a bank

Wtfbros, skating too much flat is bad for you.

Attached: 91ACF5A9-C509-4040-99E0-8210B15F671D.gif (700x625, 655K)

>My bushings are shot
because your trucks are too tight

>reddit spacing
>talks like a fag
Checks out

Based

Remember that if ur not skating loose trucks ur a homo. Loose trucks save lives.
>This post sponsored by ACE Trucks

>I really like that. Simple and minimal.

thanks. My inspiration, but the doing of another skater friend who is is very keen with his hands.

First board I ever set up with my own money.

Attached: skategraphic.jpg (584x759, 123K)

youtube.com/watch?v=-tJr0FljO18

bumping with the Experience and also setting myself up to watch it when i get back from work

cheerio viberinos, reminder that work fucking sucks and you should only do it for the money, like a whore, unless it's skate related

>trying to learn the ollie
>can't get the fucker to stay under me when I pop it

what the fuck man

Attached: 1555279653137.jpg (1223x1573, 447K)

Mike Mo is so annoying, Jesus.
Oh and fuck that Pablo guy, fucking dipshit had it coming

Buy Frog decks.

Attached: varg-vikernes~2.jpg (429x426, 54K)

Not until they tell us the WB on the 8.25 shape

>can't skate switch
>go snowboarding once
>suddenly can perfectly push switch
the fuck

That Smelly Fart laugh track got pretty old quick.
The shit Steezus and Rodge were talking about with CCS buying heat transfers and allowing the customer to choose a graphic and board shaped/material was such an interesting idea.

I can choose between the following decks: Polar, Jart, Sk8mafia, Cheap local brand (Charge skateboards), regular Powell Peralta. Which one should I get?

Also, how much of a difference is high concave vs. medium?

Attached: 1538134102481.jpg (750x737, 43K)

>Also, how much of a difference is high concave vs. medium?
I'm asking because I can get a Jart deck for dirt cheap, probably dried to shit and it's high concave and I've never skated that

SKATEBOARDING IS 10% MIND, 10% BODY, 80% HOMOSEXUALITY

How did this retarded meme even start. Why are we called gay by a bunch of people watching half-naked, sweaty, buff dudes touch each other

Attached: 1556612013170.jpg (400x400, 20K)

i always told my friends to visualize jumping up and over the board.

when i ollie i kind of pop it up and push it forward a little with my feet- visualizing myself jumping up and over the board helped me learn kickflips, see if it'll help you with ollies

You're gettin worked by user cutting a promo on the thread for some cheap heat brother

While wrestling is pretty gay, skateboarding is even more gay. It’s like extra strength gay. It’s like a gay pride parade on Castro Street in San Francisco.

First thing I think of when I think wrestling is a white trash Faygo drinking juggalo.

Attached: 0_big.jpg (590x443, 64K)

it comes down to controlling the strength of the pop. you are likely stomping the tail too hard and the board goes flying.

when I was learning ollies, what helped me was starting with hippie jumps, and then adding the popping motion to them but not actually having the tail touch the ground. just tiny hops, really. more useful for getting over cracks than anything else. helped me get the bunny hop motion that legs do into muscle memory and it allowed me to ramp up the pop strength gradually, until it hit the ground, by which point I needed to learn the dragging motion with my front foot, but at least I had some stability so I could focus on it.

Bro same
Well not perfectly but for some reason snowboarding switch flipped something in my brain and it makes more sense now

I seen ICP live in Glasgow recently, it reminded me of being a teenager again and honestly made me realise how much of a faggot I was as a kid.

Is it okay to put stickers on the griptape?

Is the Polar one of their shaped decks? If so, i would choose that. I had the "P2" shape, squarish tail with a big wide nose, and it was one of the best decks i've experienced. The shape wasn't just a meme, really beneficial for nose mannys and it felt like it popped cleaner off the tail. Otherwise i would choose sk8mafia. I've had lots of their decks over the years and they're always great. Also i like the program they've been running and how they keep creative guys like palmore, kremer and james on the team for years. Never skated JART because im in US. Havent fucked with Powell but ive had some MiniLogos that they make that were shit (used to be sold as a bargain board here).

As for the concave, ask them to give you the board and stand on it on the floor of the shop to see if its too steep that it will fuck you up or not.

how was mike mo annoying in this ep when he barely even said anything?

Attached: Sk8Mafia-Kush-8.25_--Skateboard-Deck-_220875-front-US~2.jpg (231x640, 63K)

youtu.be/3cX7wisSiWI

Polar will get you the most street cred if put any value on that [spoiler]fellow slovak/czechfriend I assume[/spoiler]

It's the Hjalte Halberg deck. Probably just normal shape.
Will it last though?

Attached: hj.jpg (350x350, 31K)

And coincidentally it's actually a Palmore pro model. The sk8mafia one is actually in a discount so Im scared it will be dry and snap on me soon like the others

It's no worse than any of those other brands you mentioned.

Are Revive decks a meme or are they good?

Attached: 1457883720451.jpg (600x800, 134K)

>can ollie over stuff on flat ground and moving
>the second I go onto a ramp or up a slope I suddenly can't pop the tail and look like a retard jumping off my board

Whyyyyyy

>Also, how much of a difference is high concave vs. medium?

huge

a steep concave locks your foot on the deck

it's just two posters

same motion, different timing and inertia pull

What deck size do Yea Forums ride?
8.0 here

7.75 (apparently skinnier is better for flip tricks, I only recently found out about this)

here

This is the video of me doing a kickflip in my weird foot stance. I can land these 90% of the time but the tail of the board barely leaves the ground. Sometimes it doesn't even leave the ground it just spins while touching the ground, but the front lifts up a lot. I just can't make it spin in my regular stance with my front foot any further forward than half the board length, and if I keep my foot around the halfway mark I only gain about 1 inch of height and the reliability goes down (Maybe landing 25% of them or less). Should I force myself to keep my foot near the front bolts or is there some way I can make the board gain height while in this stance? I've seen people do double/triple kickflips and they use this stance and get massive height so there must be a way.

(edit) I guess Yea Forums won't let me post my WEBM because it was shot in Slow Mo on my iPhone and it has too many frames. I'll try posting to youtube

Attached: 1551127440287.jpg (620x387, 77K)

Here is the video link : youtu.be/fRrSgo-4IvI

8.25 - 8.5

Can't see shit. Get someone to film you. It looks like you have your front foot wayyyyy too far back though.

8.5, an expensive change

>an expensive change
...If sizes are more expensive at your shop based on board width, you're getting chumped and I think it is within your best interest to burn the place down the the ground.

It's not really that. It's the fact that there are less 8.5s on sale than 8s for example. Meaning that I have less to choose from, meaning that it's mostly the expensive brands.

>can't see shit
Yeah sorry about that. I guess the important parts are that the board does flip and I land fairly straight on it. It would be better if I could get a selfie stick or somebody to film it so maybe on the weekend I'll try again.

Is anybody else able to kickflip like this? For the life of my I just can't make it work with my front foot closer to the front bolts. This way feels better and I can do it repeatedly without messing up. Like I said though, my only issue is I can't get any pop from the back of the board. In the video it only comes off the ground about an inch which is fine but I would like to eventually do some tricks jumping over a single deck.

Feel free to post some videos of how you guys do your flips, I'm curious to see what foot positions everybody uses.

>Is anybody else able to kickflip like this?
I saw a Rodney Mullen video where he does something like this, but even strangier
I think it was for #DoAKickflipDay this year

Gotcha, that's a bummer dude.
Whatever you're filming with, aim it far enough away from you where it shows completely what you're doing with your feet. Anything 2ft+ with a platform. Then aim whatever you're filming with directly at your feet. Wedge it between books if you need to angle it.
And yeah I was able to kickflip like that when I was 10y/o. It rockets and doesn't get high up, I get it. Behind the bottom front bolts, that's the secret.

>the secret is behind the front bolts

Lol, I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping somebody who also does weird kickflips like this can give me a pointer. Otherwise I will keep trying halfway up the board (a nice user posted a link up a little bit showing a pro guy who does it that way) since I am able to do my switch flips that way.

I will try and take 3 videos with somebody else filming my feet. My switchflip, my weird foot kickflip and my attempt near the front bolts and hopefully I can get some pointers for what I'm doing wrong.

(hashtag)loosetruckssavelives

Attached: IMG_0647.jpg (666x666, 132K)

Questions for everybody.

1. What is the most satisfying trick you have ever done or like to do regularly?
>A couple weeks ago I was skateboarding with a friend and did a Nollie Kickflip that got about a foot off the ground, maybe more, and I caught the board in the air with my knees bent and landed it with my front foot on the front bolts and back foot on the tail.

2. What is a trick that is considered difficult that you can do fairly easy and use it to impress people?
>Nollie varial kickflip onto the sidewalk from the road. I move forward anyways when doing my varials so I just got good at moving a little more forward than usual and do them onto boxes or sidewalks and it looks pretty smooth (it looks bad on open flatground because of how much I move from the starting point lol)

Is that a rubber mat that you do tricks on?

1 > fakie pop-rocks or fakie shoveit-rocks, maybe a staplegun if its a miniramp

2 > i got heelflips in one day after spending YEARS getting kickflips, i spent so much time trying to undo fucked up muscle memory for kickflips i still struggle with them, but heelflips just seem to come out over single time

>Is that a rubber mat that you do tricks on?
skatepark obstacle

1. Front shuv, any stance. Can’t back shuv regs at all.

2. backside heelflip. Can’t kickflip tho

Jokes on ya, jack. I only watch Japanese women pro-wrestling.

8 but I want to try sizing up gradually. I won't go over 8.25 for a while though cause I ain't buying new trucks.

THEY DON'T

FUCK LOOSE TRUCKS

YOU CAN'T FLIP, YOU CAN'T LAND ON GRINDS

>1. What is the most satisfying trick you have ever done or like to do regularly?

I'll go with Thick Daewon and the other user and say the ollie, but as you know, constantly learning tricks is fulfilling

>2. What is a trick that is considered difficult that you can do fairly easy and use it to impress people?

Either stationary nosehook impossible or 360 spins

*you* can't flip/land on grinds

skateboarding huh? more like fagboarding

kek, checkalooka this

youtube.com/watch?v=8QJqimOa1kU

Skateboarding huh? more like queerboarding

skateboarding huh? more like homosexualboarding

SO HERE I AM

How do you deal with fucked up thumbs (because of the griptape)? I don't mind messing up my thumbs, but ouchies have been appearing, just makes it uncomfortable to hold the board

it just goes away, I mean come on man

thread saving bump. happy friday skatebros

I love Ace trucks on miniramp

Eternally
Super
Gay

skateboarding huh? more like fagboarding

skateboarding huh? more like sex-with-men-boarding

skateboarding? more like cringeboarding

Why is skateboarding allowed to be posted on the wrestling board? Skateboarding has nothing to do with wrestling, it should be moved somewhere else.

skateboarding? more like awesome way to live

Skatelife or hate life

skateboarding huh? more like cuckboarding

skateboarding huh? more like boipucciboarding

/jsk8/

Attached: fs_boardslide.webm (512x384, 1.58M)

Attached: 6706a5e0f0ebeb01d50168fc72d5013c.jpg (570x427, 40K)

Attached: tumblr_lji6y6brSt1qh846lo1_400.jpg (400x300, 22K)

Attached: I+just+want+to+please+admin+in+this+video+we_4af710_5134708.gif (250x188, 492K)

Attached: FZUBP2IG0AMGXXY.LARGE.jpg (640x480, 54K)

Attached: tumblr_mziga4vg3a1qd5mq1o1_500.jpg (500x576, 54K)

Japanese bird skating ramps

My favortire thing to so isd gey sun mickeys grenades n go 2 yha park w ma bros n stuff em up ar butts
Ne1 else feeln me

sweet

CUNTED

who still makes a good midtop with some padding?
;_;
it's gonna be really hard to have any stability or control if you have your foot that far back while in motion. this is sort of the problem with learning things stationary desu because the way you move with the & stay over the board is just as much a part of doing tricks as the actual flipping part. i keep my front foot just below the bolts & it's sort of hard to explain just with words but when i want to do a high kickflip, i just do it slower while trying to drag through the nose. for fast kickflips i flick through the side of the nose.
>double/triple flips
just put your foot at a sharper angle \
hold it with your teeth

I actually did hold a board by the teeth once, don't try it, very uncomfortable

>new city
>not a single friend to skate
>too newbie in skateboarding to skate parks alone and make new friends

at least you can speak the language

go skate a fucking park you kook

>throw down
>bends at the waist

That and her push. Doesn't look like she should be trying handrails just yet. Bump.

bump

Leave the last inch of nose bald. Pic related. was pretty TRENDY last summer. (Or was it the summer before last?)

Attached: 20190504_030506.jpg (2576x1932, 1.49M)

I always do weird shit to my grip. I never plan it out though, I freestyle it and the top graphic usually plays part. My current setup

Attached: hjalte.jpg (960x1280, 81K)

>went to check out a local park
>guy that runs it is super nice
>some days has events for kids
>learn to skate, field trips to big parks in the area, etc
>get a personal message on facebook inviting me to an adults event tomorrow, BYOB

feels good anons
go skate with other people and make friends

1. Backside airs on vert feel so fun, it's about as gratifying as landing my first tre flip.

2. Backside 360. Maybe I should get back into street skating.

>Backside airs on vert feel so fun

oh how i wish i could grab my board

How do I do a 180 kick flip ball slapping butt slam?

check this out

soundcloud.com/ventcity/vent-city-episode-1/s-AK3KC

i really like your idea user. Nice snake

Attached: Rabbit-On-Skateboarding.jpg (600x450, 51K)

Hole on your shoe!
What do you do boys?
Plz don't say buy a new pair. Thinking of buying shoe goo

Attached: 2000000009016.png (400x277, 146K)

shoe goo works great.

jeez dude what did you trim the side of your grip with, your fingernails?

This. I am part of a full blown crew now because I asked people how their day was going at the park one day. I started getting invited to invite-only mini ramp sessions. Get into your scene and keep it alive.

sweet news

also silicone bars, if you are euro.

Attached: skateu.jpg (900x900, 508K)

Nice

what country are you from?

you first

Gay London user? Did you ever get your big rugby bf?

uh, america? ive never seen someone in europe use the eu flag instead of their country's flag so thats why i was wondering.

Thank you

it's not great but i'll work on it

Attached: VITH5704.webm (640x480, 808K)

inspiration

Attached: sylvain.webm (640x480, 1.94M)

bunny hop

Attached: BNGD0569.webm (1290x540, 1.93M)

nice

i like the secret editing but you kept some black around 10 seconds

i think it's a bug with premiere. on the timeline, it's flawless. the black only appears when rendered
i would've gotten away with it if it weren't for that
youtube.com/watch?v=hXUqwuzcGeU

thanks. check out mike arnold's bunny hop. it's so effortless!

Attached: mikael.webm (640x480, 2.92M)

Transition > street

Don't @ me

Based

Go back to /up/, cross-boarder.

more experience to come bro

Attached: 1476871186280.gif (416x416, 14K)

@6795041
this > street >>>>> transition

Attached: dgesmer.webm (640x480, 2.47M)

Someone give me a quick rundown on independent stage 11 hollow trucks vs non hollow

the axle is a hollow tube

thats all

Is anyone here seriously over 16 who still watches or care about skateboarding?
Is yes then it really embarrassing for you.

goddamn freestyle is gay

Is koston the greatest skater of all time? No one else has had as long or as successful of a career. Dude still skates like he's 21.

so who would have had to die for this to become the predominant form of skateboarding?

Attached: 1541568410741.jpg (960x530, 238K)

Fuck no. [spoiler]you put the stickers on the trucks[/spoiler]

>mfw when i always put a cat sticker on the base of my trucks

on a side note does anyone know where i can get some good photo-realistic cat stickers like pic related? i ran out and i can only find cartoon ones and ones that are just the picture of the cat on a circle sticker

Attached: cat.jpg (1666x1250, 435K)

>solid; chad
>hollows; virgin

One week into skateboarding and I still can't ollie or switch stance
Any tips?

ride more, way more. learn kick turn and stopping with your tail, play around with easier tricks before you ramp up to ollie like the hippie jump.

mostly ride more tho, tricks are something that can come easier for some and harder for others, might take more time to figure shit out.

dude, admit it, you work as security there

I'm not sure what you mean, but I agree that freestyle is fucking awesome

Daewon

Yeah all of the people including hot chicks on instagram. But youre an incel wrasslefag virgin so obviously you dont know anything beyond the world of the microwave your hotpockets come out of.

DON'T RESPOND TO FUCKING BAIT

Okay, serious talk, I am new on the board and was looking for it because I am considering getting into skateboarding. How come the entire board is wrestling and how come the wrestlefags are being gay and "le raiding" threads that are not wrestling. Where's all the diving, snow sports, whatnot?

Historically the skate and LGBTQ communities have had a very strong connection. All the way back to the 70s. Some of the biggest name skaters are openly gay, and there are many pro gay skating events.

Here’s some cool new decks that show our pride

Attached: 51106C6E-B146-491D-96D4-C6CBDE912010.jpg (307x307, 14K)

Skating has always been about rebellion against the norm, so is LGBTQ

Attached: 5F546B28-F608-4F78-8C3D-DF7C6834E824.jpg (785x1280, 242K)

have sex

I love wrestling and skateboarding. It's just retarted e-drones, they like this chaos

Dylan Reider is one of the best openly gay wrestlers.

Attached: EC4438E7-56F7-423A-850C-3064B74DB48C.png (600x451, 146K)

Antihero is so fucking cringe

Gay people have lots of sex, unlike yourself incel.

> literally no u
oof

This one is really sweet

Attached: 5E7A4F55-24E7-4A6F-9CAF-A7F0287BEAF2.jpg (205x246, 10K)

Absolutely seething incel

I like this one too.

Attached: A194F505-F72A-4072-A502-342BCBCAE9F4.jpg (150x500, 40K)

Attached: D92CE283-52C3-4DD8-82C2-7BE2F225D9C2.jpg (425x425, 15K)

This is the motto of all true skaters

Attached: 3BADA73B-EDB0-4D4F-A0C9-6D1920677AA7.jpg (300x1024, 42K)

I think that /out/ skaters on /esg/ should arrange an LGBTQ skater meet up.

Attached: DAD6A2EE-F760-4A26-892D-179D30DEF977.jpg (710x533, 103K)

Another great deck

Attached: 0C4B7F2A-460E-40F7-B6A4-0712200AD4E8.jpg (307x307, 14K)

there aren't really that many and those that exist are on the fringe, but at least thankfully they exist to represent everybody who loves skateboarding.

you on the other hand are trying to be annoying because something went wrong in your life, with or without you realising it.

OOFA DOOFA MY DUDE! YIKESS!!

Attached: f2d291ef-8274-45c5-acb6-15d42398ccd0~2.jpg (282x454, 25K)

That is a well shot self portrait, wrestlefriend. Nicely done.

The funny thing is that skateboarding culture is considered to be very homophobic and "problematic". I remember reading quite a lot of articles about it in skate magazines

Attached: TITS.jpg (1500x1500, 150K)

please report wrestle-spammer posts

I’d support this!

At least 60% of skaters identify as gay, bi or trans.

Skateboarding has been gay since day one.

jenkemmag.com/home/2016/09/29/a-brief-look-at-skateboardings-gay-past/

Attached: F6C3CEE8-F75A-4997-A30B-27FDBCD377FF.png (640x1136, 291K)

Hiroshima let the mongoloids in and drove off almost all the interesting content

I have a weird question. Did anyone of you ever used shock pads? Is the damping while using them even noticeable?
I have heard contradictory opinion about them.

First board, 52 or 54 mm wheels?

do you mean riser pads? I have and haven't really noticed any diffference

first board skating or first board owning? If the former, I think it won't matter that much. Just get yourself on a skateboard

I mean the thick rubber pad some people use to allegedly absorbing vibrations and impacts we call them shock pads around here.

>muh thots on Instagram watch my underage hobby
They are just doing it for clicks so pathetic losers like you watch her like you watch grown men jump around on a wooden board.

Interesting reading. I had no idea that skating was so very, very gay.

>They are just doing it for clicks
>they are watching videos for clicks

how does that even work?

depends where you'll primarily ride it, 52s are small enough that on ground other than smooth skatepark floors they will not be ideal. but if youre only using it on smooth ground it will be fine. 54s are still pretty small if you end up choosing those instead

Imagine the smell

Attached: DEE9BD0F-92ED-4744-8BD9-86921C3ABF9A.jpg (1125x1578, 1.15M)

54mm. They'll shave down to 52's and under over time.

god bless jeremy klein

>*SNIFF*

Fish market

wud

Based

>implying you wouldnt hit it regardless

Attached: 501BB22B-88DF-4BAC-8137-AEF6E584F709.jpg (750x960, 673K)

Not with that dead-eyed stare

She’d probably do a nice dead fish in bed

nah but that skatergirl from brooklyn could get it

Actual skatefu coming through. Nora is a close second.

Attached: 065D362A-8C29-4CF5-8CA2-19A95F06CEAB.jpg (1078x1617, 297K)

Ugh she doesn't even skate

Don’t you say Rachel whatevers. Er, the chick with the glasses that’s also in Skate Kitchen.

DAILY REMINDER: STEVE BERRA AND AARON KYRO ARE SCIENTOLOGISTS. DO NOT SUPPORT THEM.

Who am I supposed to watch then?

Thrasher, that canadian guy who reviews trucks, Rad Rat, The Nine Club, RIDE, I dunno user maybe the hundreds of other skateboarding outlets that exist other than fucking Braille or The Berrics

Thanks user I'll check them out.

>that canadian guy who reviews trucks

Ben De Gross

I discovered him recently, his videos are comfy

Thanks for opening my eyes to that in older threads. The Berrics system is build around the principles of Scientology. I remember when it created the whole game of skate epedemic and shitheads years ago. I normally don't care and I kinda like Tom Cruise but this shit ridiculous youtube.com/watch?v=clBtEd631i0

rad dudes and bbqs

Attached: S__4988930.png (1478x1108, 3.54M)

roasties leave

youtube.com/watch?v=p44TIA0Dlvk
>tfw danny way will never beat you half to death

They are pretending that they watch so manchild like you would follow her.
Seriously there are nerds who play on computer and even then make more money than your average skateboarder.

That graphic is sick

i enjoy skating but im not very good

Attached: autism_awareness_skateboard_deck.jpg (324x324, 24K)

w2c?
are you that jp user? looks like fun desu. i hear spots are super busted out there though

truck 1
pablo 0

That idiot had it coming, good riddance

Dang user did he fuck your bitch, or?

Do any anons have advice on learning flip tricks on transition? I have ollie fakies, fakie ollies and very small nollies and wanna step it up with maybe a kickflip fakie or a BS flip.

lmao nigga damn

>satisfying for me
shuvit flyouts. Takes me a million tries usually but a really clean one feels incredible, especially if there's some hang time between catch and land

>easy for me but looks hard
none really. But I get some appreciation from nonskaters for backside early grabs, which I have pretty consistent.

Agreed

You’re a lil bitch, user.

noo thred