Called the Best in the World

> Called the Best in the World

> No interview skills whatsoever; cuts the same promo in every town and does it poorly
> Can't have a decent match if it's under 30 minutes; the best workers in the world can have a 4+ star match in under 10 minutes
> No in-ring charisma
> Takes dangerous, unnecessary bumps instead of telling an actual story
> Hogged the IWGP title in a Triple H-like reign of terror
> Boring, generic moveset
> Looks goofy as fuck and has no physique to speak of

Why do we like this guy again?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (485x513, 46K)

>we

There's a reason why Nu Japanlets are the dumbest of the whole lot of wrestling fans.

Still more Tokyo Sports best bouts than Soya Naicringe.

The preview image makes him look like Scotty 2 Hotty

Best in the World it's still D-Bryan

Naitofag seething

Pretty much never cuts the same promo twice, owned everybody from Omega to Naito on the stick.
Some of the greatest matches ever.
Infinite charisma.
Pretty much never injured.
Go watch some WWE Women's Main Events, this shit clearly isn't for you.

Cringe

Scotty 2 Hotty vs Okada would unironically be a good match

>caring about promos in 2019

Tanahashi was right when he said that Okada should focus on his physique more. It's hard to take the doughboy seriously as the ace.

The only correct opinion, Okada Is nu-shonen protagonist levels of cringe

His recent catchphrase where he speaks in that weird voice was inspired by a popular Japanese comedy apparently.

Literally carried a whole feud and the most memorable WM match by himself.

How is that not BITW ?

Mic work is one part of being a good worker. A person who goes out and has "great" matches but can't cut a promo isn't truly a good worker.

He just got married, no chance of him getting ripped anytime soon.

I don't watch WWE so I don't care
He's not as good as Okada.

D.Bry carried a shitter to a 4 1/2*

Danielson might very well be the best wrestler in the world.

Unfortunately, we'll never get to see it, because even if his brain isn't scrambled eggs right now, he'll have safe, boring three star WWE matches for the rest of his career.

Okada carried a shitter to 7* what's ya point

This is what a hebbyq champ should look like. Hit the weights.

Attached: kenni.png (610x1310, 812K)

He can cut a better promo and work a match that is just as good as any Okada "classic" with the limitations of WWEs agents, hes just better in any way

A four and a half in WWE is barely above a three in any other company, Meltzer inflates them to keep drones off his back

>He can cut a better promo and work a match that is just as good as any Okada "classic" with the limitations of WWEs agents,

No he can't.
Watched a few of his "standout" matches from the recent run. They were pretty sub-par. Would be completely forgettable on any decent NJPW card.

If you talk about stars seriously...

There are boards more adequate for you

>This is what a hebbyq champ should look like
he smol

Attached: hesmol.jpg (600x400, 282K)

YIKES

A "decent" NJPW card includes 8 tag matches and a couple of good matches in the end, its not that high of a bar

If you want good mic work and storylines then watch a movie faggot

>Ignoring the fact that he's facing shitters and managed by agents.

>T-the promos are not supposed to be good

Reminder that Chris Jericho had classics with Kenny, Naito AND D.Bry is ten times the worker that he is in the ring.

>Nakamura will never get his dream Bryan Wrestlemania match
Feels real bad man

Attached: tanateeth.jpg (1920x1080, 125K)

Flippy shit bumping your neck to sawdust outlaw mudshow le Meltz loving faggots in this thread

if you want to watch a fight then go watch a real fighting sport you absolute RETARD

He hasn't done anything to earn that match. His own fault.

Nakamura has been putting zero effort in all of his matches for years and i dont want him near bryan

>> No interview skills whatsoever; cuts the same promo in every town and does it poorly
Even though I don't understand Japanese, you can clearly hear him get a crowd reaction.
>> Can't have a decent match if it's under 30 minutes
False, he has plenty of examples in the G1
>the best workers in the world can have a 4+ star match in under 10 minutes
This is so subjective it hurts. Having snowflakes as your measuring stick doesn't help your case either.
>> No in-ring charisma
Well now I know you're lying
>> Takes dangerous, unnecessary bumps instead of telling an actual story
Holy shit, have you ever watched an Okada match?
>> Hogged the IWGP title in a Triple H-like reign of terror
It's not a reign of terror if he has the greatest reign in match quality ever
>> Boring, generic moveset
It's hardly generic. All of it tends to focus the upper body/neck to set his opponents up for the Rainmaker.
>> Looks goofy as fuck and has no physique to speak of
He does look goofy sometimes though. I always thought that was part of the charm.

5/10 made me autistically respond.

Attached: 1555618398543.gif (400x234, 1.95M)

If Sami can carry Nakamura to a decent match Bryan could do it with out breaking sweat... his brain might get bumped to sawdust though

He's certainly up there, but even when he was the American Dragon he wasn't consistent enough to really set the world on fire. Clearly, top 3 active though.

You really think he would half ass the entire reason he uprooted his family from Japan in the first place?

He's gonna fuck his waifu-bait wife into a shredded core and there's nothing you can do about it.

Still too high for DBry not to get drowned out by those 2 good ones.

How many brownie points are you gonna give this guy before you simply admit his quality of work is lower and he is henceforth lower?
I don't care about caveats A-Z. I care that he's not in Okada's league.

Nakamura was still on NJPW mode when he faced Sami. Plus it was a debut and big match feel. Every match after that was dull af.

>includes 8 tag matches
Okay...

Attached: 1550463292083.png (1778x2014, 3.95M)

Okada would fail miserably in the WWE. Bryan would fit in fine in NJPW.

>Taste this bad
Jeribloat's matches in NJPW were terrible. He is the biggest reason I don't care about AEW

One 5* and two 4 3/4. Kys

I dont need to give him brownie points because he has proven to be fantastic in his indie career and can still show that talent in a place as limited as WWE, where he also can cut promos that outshine anything okada ever said in his life, Bryan in NJPW could potentially embarass Kenny, Okada and Ibushi while i struggle seeing Okada doing half as good in WWE even if we would take out the language barrier problem

>conjecture

Of course Okada would fail in WWE. He's Asian and they'd book him as a pseudo comedic act just to assure NJPW couldn't have him.
Meanwhile, NJPW would ACTUALLY use Bryan.
>competent writers would write people competently
>vindictive shitty writers would write someone improperly
This has nothing to do with them as ACTUAL talents.

It's pretty clear to at least me anyway that they have naka just wrestling a routine. For most who care about wrestling that can kill slowly kill people's spirit. Everyone likes to just blame him, and sure he's getting old and is likely looking at retirement but in my opinion the wrestlers we like for a specific style can be so pigeonholed into a specific moveset that it can easily kill someones aura and creativity. Some guys aren't cut out for WWE but not necessarily for the reasons some like to think

>potentially
>i struggle seeing
But these things aren't reality, so you don't know. Also, refer to about the quality of writers involved being more important.
The good point you brought up was Bryan's indie career. Pre-WWE peak Bryan was genuinely comparable to Okada. He's not now though.

>would fail miserably in the WWE
implying everyone doesn't?

Attached: 7095f2401dd7a32e9ac8dc8d0e76e0b9.jpg (600x899, 54K)

>OKADA IS THE GREATEST FOREVER AND EVER, but he would totally fail in the big leagues.
Bryan got shitty comedy booking too, still made it work and got over.

>Bryan
>AJ
>Punk until 2014

I'm not the one using meltzer stars as a standard. Diaf

Well, yeah
Bryan didnt, and he goes against anything Vince McMahon cares for
Fair, i really wasnt implying that Okada should in any way be rated by how a company books him, just that Bryan made It in an environment that penalizes him and yet managed to shine

> OP drew 55 posts in under an hour

based

>Meltzer is cage match public ratings

Bryan failed for years until the sheer amount of fan backlash gave them no choice but to bump him to the main event.

>smarks aren't just following Meltzer's lead and buying into the hype

Look at the reaction to Disney movies these days. Fans od all kinds are too eager to buy into hype.

Nice changing the goal posts

>Lacking this much reading comprehension

Try actually thinking for two seconds

this

>No interview skills whatsoever; cuts the same promo in every town and does it poorly
you Japanese? cuz if not there is no way you can know this even through a translation as the culture is so diff you would not get subtle things

He's been putting on size since WK this year. He looks way better than he has in the last couple years.

Only if your character demands it. Ishii never needs to touch a microphone and everyone agrees he's an amazing worker. Then you have someone like Enzo, who actually draws with mic skill alone but is hot garbage in the ring.

Okada's mic skills are perfect for his character. He has the fans eating out of his hand when he has the microphone. It's actually the thing that has improved the most for him in the last few years, there is a reason why he dropped Gedo.

muh animes

Attached: raughs in japanese.gif (475x267, 2.25M)

>Takes dangerous, unnecessary bumps instead of telling an actual story
Somebody saying Okada takes dangerous bumps or does flippy shit is how you immediately know they've never actually watched him lul

Okada san bring back za pantsu

Abs r made in the kitchen user. If he lays off the rice then, yeah.

>Omega
>has a losing record

based