/esg/ eternal skateboarding general

Basic brand information for beginners: pastebin.com/CxdBGA6W

Shoe reviews: docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0
Submit a shoe review: docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY

YOU' RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU 'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

trick trip: if you think you need wax go faster

etiquette: sweep flats so that a fellow sk8bro doesn't wipe out because of debris/pebbles

OLD THREAD:thread music: youtube.com/watch?v=bx0xs-zkDP8

Attached: 91678_max.jpg (825x594, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE
youtube.com/watch?v=W3YyOqgAnUQ
smallrig.com/cages/
youtube.com/watch?v=EBhokAFZVjw
youtube.com/watch?v=ahRacIcWKBU
youtube.com/watch?v=vAonUvMMOyo
youtube.com/watch?v=C5s_MfHlwzU
store.steampowered.com/app/962730/Skater_XL/
youtube.com/watch?v=pptFCbYuOIM
youtube.com/watch?v=TMOXxX5_wAA
youtube.com/watch?v=KcY3UF6_IaM
youtube.com/watch?v=SsO0-NzJnaM
youtube.com/watch?v=xTNIB8qJhrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck it i tried

What 3 skaters would be your dream team if you were to be GM/TM?

Attached: WorldIndustries_Jenkem_Interview-22.jpg (900x600, 110K)

My niece wants to get into skateboarding, how much should she spend on her first board?

At least 100 bucks for a good setup that will last for many decks

Bumpin

How's her footgame, got any pics or webms of her feet in an old beehive or snakeskin?

youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

Attached: sponsorme.jpg (1148x964, 181K)

/esg/

Eternally super gay.

what happened there?

youtube.com/watch?v=W3YyOqgAnUQ
some rando dude on the street gave him a hundred dollar bill

>tfw lost weight
I've done sports all my life but it always felt like a chore compared to the last couple of months since I started skateboarding. It's fun and gratifying as fuck.

I picked it back up at 26 because I was getting too fat sitting on my ass playing games.

Thinking about getting into skateboarding.

I used to do inline and did some national competitions when I was younger, im 23 now.

Got this flip board on ebay for £20. I know its not the best but if I fuck it I won't care. Just getting used to an ollie. Are training wheels worth it?

Attached: 557DB584-BA95-4F61-B28F-808DBBFE5042.jpg (357x305, 52K)

where's the best place to pick up an unpainted deck?
preferably finished, though
I want that nice maple look

if I only want to ollie and learn to kick flip (haven't skated since teens, so I'd be relearning not learning for the first time), is there any reason not to buy soft wheels? I'd like to be able to skate around parkinglots without eating shit if a tiny pebble is in my path.

Cut some tennis balls in half and put them on your wheels.

thanks bro will do

fuck off skatefags

Attached: 1555546127237s.jpg (230x250, 6K)

Grant Taylor, Andrew Reynolds, Tom Penny.

Thanks for the bump, faggot.

Based

>is there any reason not to buy soft wheels?

For Ollies and kickflips? No, not really. Unless your wheels are super, squishy soft. Those might absorb a tad of the "oomph" out of your pop. And obviously, giant cruiser wheels are heavy and hard to get off the ground so don't get giant wheels. That's about it. Now build a setup already and skate.

Suggestions.
>OJ mini juice. Stupid soft
>OJ keyframes/bones ATF. A little harder than stupid soft
>Powell G slides. Semi soft. Still slides
>OJ mini combos/Santa cruise vomits (mini slimeballs) Just a few hairs softer than traditional. Old school.

Attached: skateanddestroy.jpg (350x475, 36K)

if you mean soft wheels like 99 vs 101, its not going to make any difference

if you mean soft wheels like the Soft-Ds, the actual squishy wheels, those honestly may not be a good idea for learning because they are heavier and absorb the snap of the board. you typically have to get used to them but maybe as a complete newbie you wont be able to tell? the other thing is that for only ollies and kickflips it will be fine but for pretty much anything else those Soft Durometer wheels have absolutely zero slide to them and will make anything you have to spin the board or yourself with much much harder

Are there any filmers ITT?
I have questions regarding grip rigs for DSLR mounts. Ideally I want a horseshoe style rig where I can also mount lights and mics, but I can be persuaded if there are better options or configurations out there. My fish-eye setup is somewhat figured out i'm just sick of holding the DSLR's whole body while i'm following my guy. I've been filming like that for a while now but now I want to step up my game. My guy has a Panasonic handheld action cam (dunno the exact model) that we were using for fisheye mostly. But now that we're using it for long lens shots i'm starting to realize my DSLR should be a dedicated fish eye camera.
Any filmer speak is welcome.

>posting on a wrestling board

Attached: vince laughing.gif (200x200, 3.9M)

I'm a newbie to skating in general, but big fan of video and avid /p/-lurker.

Depending on your body you could go for a cage that allows you to mount a grip, mic, lights, monitor and whatever you fancy.
Check out smallrig.com/cages/ or buy directly from aliexpress e.g

You could look at a gimbal as well I guess, but they're expensive and I honestly don't know if the stabilized look will fit the stereotypical skate-vid that you're probably looking for with a fisheye and such.

Forgot to add that the cheap variants like pic related are generally shit.

Attached: U-Grip-Hot-Shoe-Mount-Video-Action-Stabilizer-Handle-Grip-Rig-for-Canon-Nikon-Sony-DSLR.jpg_640x640[ (640x640, 65K)

I checked out the link you gave, my issue with these style of mounts/cages is now I have to buy a grip in top of the cage. I'm not a fan of the full rigs that look like you're shooting a movie because they look too bulky.
I heard the same about these IF the body of the horseshoe is plastic. I think I might be able to find a full metal framed one. But yeah, that style is what i'm looking for but the ones that are full metal (like some optekas etc etc) don't seem to have mic/light/flash mounts. It's what most filmers in the city I live in seem to use.

What about handles for camcorders like pic related?

Attached: CNVHFR600K.jpg (1300x1300, 331K)

I've been wondering that too. Been tempted to buy a Chinese maple blank from AliExpress to paint up and ride

Attached: Screenshot_20190331-214053.png (1438x2315, 1.2M)

Attached: what-blank-decks-say-about-you[1].jpg (765x1001, 107K)

not the replyer but the only skate shop i have in town has pretty bland decks

This is dumb because my local shop makes their own "blanks." Buy from the source. It's cheaper, too.

I'm pretty poor, no jeans that fit me atm so is it fine to just wear gym/basketball shorts

what a gay hobby

stonerplank

>spend 3 hours looking online for decent looking decks
>The best ones I can find are the generic "b" birdhouse deck but it's out of stock locally and 130$ including shipping
>All my local shops (I live in a big city) only have edgy looking boards that I've never heard of (Haven't skated in 12 years) or they have long boards
>The few Enjoi, Blind and Birdhouse decks I find are out of stock online, don't ship to Canada or would cost 130$+ and the design are still pretty generic
>Finally check amazon and settle on a blank deck made in Canada with free shipping

I really wanted some of those Enjoi boards with the cat themes or the Birdhouse decks that aren't skeleton bird/tony hawk themed.

Attached: enjoi-skateboards-raemers-cat-series-skateboard-deck-8-0-p23696-58110_medium.jpg (665x665, 29K)

>Kickflips

I've been casually skateboarding most of my life (31 now). The kickflip is the one trick I have trouble with constantly. I can switch flip, nollie-kickflip, heelflip, varial kickflip, nollie-varial kickflip. I am always changing my stance for kickflips and only land maybe 1 out of every 20 that I try and I land them really sloppy.

Today I found that I got better results when I placed my feet like in this photo (red) instead of at the bolts like every online video shows. I can switch kickflip very easily and found that I stood this way without even thinking about it, so I just mirrored my stance.

Does anybody else stand this way? Should I keep my foot closer to the bolts? If I learn it the 'wrong' way will it cause problems or be more difficult? It just feels so un-natural having my foot so close to the nose of the board.

Attached: kickflipstance.jpg (3072x1728, 1.12M)

Yo is there like a secret trick to BS 180s or am I retarded? I seriously have a higher rate of landing BS Flips than BS 180s. I never do them because I suck at them so bad.
Kyro says that you should think of it in a way that you pop first and then turn but I guess I do that? My problem is that I never continue rolling and my balance is off as fuck. I just don't get it. I mean, I suck at FS 180s too but BS is just impossible for me

Attached: 1457872900726.jpg (1024x1024, 157K)

Is that a pic of Kyro from before Scientology?

When it comes to kickflips, I found this stance to be the most stable. I definitely wouldn't move your foot like you do for switch flips because I'd say that even though the physics are the same they feel super different.

Here (please excuse the jump-up in the background lmao)
youtube.com/watch?v=EBhokAFZVjw
youtube.com/watch?v=ahRacIcWKBU

Attached: 1457883080229.gif (375x268, 652K)

Also, pay attention to how you flip them. Maybe you're just doing it the wrong way and there's an easy fix. I skate an 8.5 so the flipping should't be a problem

Wear whatever the fuck you like mate

Literally the only clothing that matters is your shoes

Bump

So, should I get the new Giorno Giovanna Vans for skating? The zippers on Bruno's look like they'd be trouble.

Attached: l_5c9ae178d04bb[1].jpg (640x640, 84K)

bump

Is the skate based on the tatoo or vice versa?

Attached: 1484461553348.webm (720x480, 2.73M)

Any eurofag know about a online shop where the shipment cost less than the board?
I have been trying to buy a skate from the usa but the shipment is 2 times the cost of the skateboard

Attached: 7.gif (400x300, 137K)

Attached: 1498994431941.jpg (3464x2308, 1.44M)

What kind of 14 years old spam this shit just for fun?
(The older you are than that the worst)
I am not even mad I just pitty the guy

Attached: 1552247064895.jpg (600x400, 30K)

What, US shops always offer cheap but lengthy shipping

Try skatedeluxe, though your mileage may vary depending on where you live.

RIP

/esg/

Entirety
Super
Gay

>pay attention to how you flip

This is the one thing that has been driving me crazy. When I do a switch flip my board flips with the tiniest amount of flick from my right foot and all I have to do to land one is make sure my right foot moves out of the way enough and comes back in for landing. The second I try and do a regular kickflip it feels like the board is impossible to flip using my left foot. I've recorded myself in slow motion and the most noticeable thing I have found is that the board starts flipping before my left foot reaches the nose, so I am wondering if my back foot is screwing it up before I can even flick.

I don't want to blame my board but it is 10 years old and super worn out but then why can I do my switch flips so easily? It has to be something with my leg/foot control but for now I will try and keep my front foot closer to the bolts and hopefully my new griptape shows up soon lol.

Oh and the board I'm using is a 7.75 so it should flip nicely, which it does for my heelflips and switch flips. If I get really desperate I'll just give up on kickflips and only do switch flips haha.

This a blue board, please respect the SFW policy here.

Thank you.

Flipity flipity

I've only worn shorts and couple times when it was super hot out but I bashed my shins so bad that I will never again do that. At least wear some thicker socks that go halfway up your shins unless you are confident that you won't bash them (you will, it always happens).

Wouldn't have it any other way

first time seeing these marks on a deck, is this a bbs thing? I didn’t really pay attention on my old krooked/baker decks just noticed on this one.

Attached: AC4FC16B-4BE6-440D-86F2-C9BA99C52D15.jpg (4032x3024, 3.16M)

The number denotes the decks position within the press (1= top deck, 3= third deck from top). Not all manufacturers do this, and some use dots instead of ticks.

Epically
Superbly
Gay

How was your 4/20, /esg/?

Attached: s1rkbo6ho1_500.gif (495x249, 564K)

pretty dope-a-rino

just took some more RSO a little bit ago, about to heat up a dab and then watch some standup or Big Mouth on Netflix.

me= king of POP

Nice I've been trying to get my hands on some everclear so I can make RSO. Tried to make butter. Girlfriend says it's great for cramps so at least it wasn't a total waste.

Pretty sure MJ was the king of pop.

youtube.com/watch?v=vAonUvMMOyo

good skate youtubers? guides with actual good production, comfy reels or just playlists of comfy videos

Jonny Giger. Most definitely check out his sideect Gloof Skate

>sideect Gloof Skate
The fuck? Side project, Global Game of Skate

can someone link the /esg/ discord again?

i've always liked Spencer Nuzzi's oooold videos

Braille Skateboarding is my guilty pleasure, more for the oddball videos than the skating. Though Carlos Lastra is my fave skater at the mo

>Braille Skateboarding
THE MOST DANGEROUS SKATEBOARD IN THE WORLD!!!!!
DID HE JUST KICKFLIP AN AXE?!?!?!
OH MY GOD YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS TRICK!!!!!!

Attached: 1496348195071.jpg (431x450, 68K)

IT'S THE MARK

YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN

youtube.com/watch?v=C5s_MfHlwzU

Attached: skatenatasmylord.jpg (940x500, 195K)

Yep, guilty pleasure. Glass boards are fun to watch. So was the recent deck with paint roller wheels in the mini ramp.

The videos are always better without Aaron Kyro though. Even when Gabe Cruz still screamed all the time

Cool

Spencer Barton has some good vids mixed in with some clickbaity ones

Attached: 1446177735061.jpg (331x590, 33K)

>anime girl reaction image
Lol, thanks for the bump though, weeaboo

/ic here, why is skateboard art such trash? do pros design their own boards? does the culture just not care or something?

Attached: wut.jpg (435x580, 40K)

Attached: skateharris.jpg (500x375, 94K)

I would highly suggest abandoning /ic/ you may think it is helping your opinion of art and design become more dynamic and sophisticated, but really it's just turning you into a pretentious insufferable douche. I too thought masterfully done art which has a sticky load of loomis all over it was "true art" until I realized I was painterbating and sounding like a pompous faggot. Proceed with caution user, it almost ruined my opinion of art and artists.

Snowboard art is so much better

Attached: 2018-2019-GNU-Forest-Bailey-Headspace-Snowboard.jpg (2400x2400, 906K)

Attached: skatetotem.jpg (375x500, 66K)

Bump

I wanna start skateboarding >:(

they change it constantly so its not like it inspires designing masterpieces

Original guy you responded to. Yes this is exactly what I'm talking about. These boards just look like some clipart slapped onto a deck. I have absolutely no idea what brand this is based on the 'artwork'. It used to be you could look for a specific style of character and know what the brand was (Blind, World Industries, Birdhouse etc...) but now they look very uninspiring and similar to each other.

>Snowboard art
I love snowboard art. They always have nice cartoon style artwork and they all look unique.

This actually looks pretty cool.

well actually you have made a somewhat rightful observation, over the past half decade or so there has been a movement in skating toward "smaller companies", like literally just one dude who puts out a pro model board, and maybe puts a friend or two on his "team".

this has cannibalized those companies and artists who do try to do good, quality work

it also has driven board art toward the quickest, lowest common denominator type stuff, as youve observed, because it really is one guy copying a google image into photoshop and sending it off to be printed

Attached: skaterGIF2test-big.gif (820x820, 894K)

This

Just got my first board.

Attached: 20190422_014637.jpg (4032x1960, 2.47M)

Front

Attached: 20190422_014919.jpg (4032x1960, 2.42M)

found my board from 1998, apparently shortys isnt around anymore. don't remember why I picked this of all things but I loved it. not even a furfag lol.

Attached: shortys.jpg (1024x1024, 135K)

Bump

HANG IN THERE SKATEBROS

SOON THIS BOARD WILL BE OURS

ooh, nice gripjob

Attached: awesome.jpg (200x240, 4K)

I'm sure this is probably some name brand deck but whenever I see something mainstream popular like Godzilla, or Disney Characters or Simpsons or Dr.Seuss or Star Wars it makes me think it's a deck from Walmart. That grip tape looks pretty cool though.

I'm a big fan of the single strip of grip tape peeled back just below the truck bolts. I remember this being popular back in the late 90's and I thought it looked awesome.

I found a picture of me from 1999 with my first board. It was the Birdhouse Headless Horseman board and it looked awesome. I can't find any good pictures of it online except for pic related. I would pay some good money to get that board again. I loved the artwork.

Attached: birdhouse.jpg (300x400, 26K)

I don't get the addition of the graph

To show scale, I imagine.

I just ordered it from a site called CSS

No idea what the quality is like but I paid 90 bucks

It's CCS my dude.

You haven't tried it out yet?

Deck sizing.

Does anybody actually notice a difference between skinny decks meant for flip tricks like a 7.5" compared to a 8.0"+ deck? I didn't realize one of my older decks with a broken nose was a 8.25" but I tried doing a couple kickflips on it and even though it seems to rotate a little bit slower/harder it seems easier to grab in the air with my feet to land tricks because of the extra width.

What board sizes do you guys prefer and what kind of tricks do you use them for? (i.e vert, street, freestyle, cruising etc...)

i prefer to ride an 8 or smaller, with no riser 139 hollows, for flip tricks/tech. i end up using smaller wheels due to just needing to prevent wheelbite on this setup.

for everything else i ride an 8.5 with normal 159s and 8th" risers with 56s. this is basically my normal setup, and i only bring out the smaller/lighter board when its called for (game of skate on flat, manny pad, ledge session, etc)

i find that the 8.5 setup is heavier and bigger and that i'm "riding" it more. i can trust the direction its going in, know it will always make it over rough terrain, and if i land on it with my feet in a sketchy position, i can ride it out.

if it really came down to it i can manage the tech stuff on my 8.5 setup but its a real frustrating chore compared to just getting the smaller setup out of the trunk and using that

one of the other things that makes a huge difference (for me at least) is that on the light/small board i run the indy conical bottom bushings, whereas with the big 8.5 board i run the cylindrical bottom indy bushings. makes a world of difference in how they turn and i would never try skating huge shit on the conical ones, but also hate trying to scoop tres and other "pocket" flip tricks on the flat cylindrical bushings.

Attached: 190422_162449_COLLAGE-1.jpg (1320x1745, 138K)

I am 36 and I find myself watching old skate videos from when I was in high school and watching epicly latered on youtube.

What do?

need recommendation on deck, trucks, wheels, bearings, and shoes

Goal is to relive my youth and not get too hurt

>Goal is to relive my youth and not get too hurt
haha same... got on a board today for the first time since I was 15 or so at 34. holy shit it's not like riding a bike. I remember laughing at friends who couldn't balance enough just to push around but now I'm that guy.

I'm gonna just cruise around a few times a week and see if I'll adjust but it was such a rude awakening. I actually feel old for the first time in my life.

Attached: boom.jpg (633x640, 51K)

watching videos and stuff now I realize that my trucks were way too tight - but I was from a small town and I had no idea

I was good enough to do curbs, boxes, kickflips, etc, some stairs but I haven't ever really skated with a properly setup board before

What do you anons use to clean and relubricate your bearings?

My bushings are broken and fell out what should I replace them with? I tried bones mediums but they barely lasted 5 months.

>Oh and the board I'm using is a 7.75 so it should flip nicely
How tall are you? Not to shit on your board size, but an 8 should be ideal for an adult.
I'd recommend buying a new deck 100%. All I can say now is that I can't help you without a video

Jonny Giger has insane flatground, is down to earth, creative and his videos are fun and wholesome.
So yeah, go fuck yourself you fucking weeb

Attached: 1457880531912.jpg (388x275, 29K)

Was planning on getting a board today but slept till 5 and now it's too late

Attached: mood.jpg (292x292, 88K)

>What do you anons use to clean and relubricate your bearings?

A new set of bearings.

so who is in charge of gatekeeping now that Phelps is gone?

Michael Burnette is going to be the next editor in chief

Orange cleaner, Bones Speed Cream.
But realistically you'll get, like, max 2 cleans before the bearings will just not perform well. I just buy 2 sets of bearings, if one pair gets dirty i'll switch em out with a fresh pair and clean the dirty ones, then repeat when the ones I replaced get dirty. Usually I keep bearings well before I retire them to give them to local groms and park sharks who's parents are poor and are hurtin'.

speed cream to lhbricate but at that point you might as well just buy new ones

Isopropyl alcohol and yoyo bearing lube

Gj user.

Thanks. I'm not too tall, like 5ft 10" I think. My board is very old and worn. It creaks like a mother fucker when I'm just standing still on it and the grip tape is rolled on all the edges. I'm certain that it's something to do with my foot movement in my normal stance because it flips just fine doing my switch flips and I can even do a double flip (can't land it yet). Doing the switch flips I can catch the board even higher than my normal ollies which is pretty crazy for me.

I keep trying to hold my left foot up near the bolts but it's still not feeling right for me. I went back to about 2 inches before the bolts and am working on my foot movement to get that flick. Every now and then I will land one perfectly but most of the time the board either only flips halfway or it launches too far from me and just barely does a full flip. When I was younger I was never able to do regular kickflips (I could do a sex change, varial and switch flip) so I have definitely improved my game. I also wasn't able to land heelflips very reliably (maybe 1 in 30) but now I can do 10 in a row and even do them over the man-hole covers.

If I'm still having crazy troubles when my new board arrives I'll come back on here with some videos asking for tips.

This

>skateboarding past the age of 16

>going on Yea Forums past the age of 9
Welcome to the club *tips fedora

/esg/

Eternally
Super
Gay

stay worked, simp

it would be cool if they gave it to greco. remember when he was doing those Bring it or Sing it and Hammer Reports? it kind of seemed like they were lining him up for it. im sure itll be burnette like tbe other poster said tho

Board turns towards one side by itself.

Nothing severe but noticeable. I’ve changed the bushings and still have the issue.

How normal is this?

what do you guys think of longboarding

I hate it. When I was a teenager (90's) we all had regular skate boards and were doing tricks at the park. Then around 2010 I noticed the parks were full of skooter kids and longboards were all over the streets and those tiny penny boards. It seems like everybody has them and it's rare to see a regular skateboard in my area or the surrounding cities. I saw some kids in my neighbourhood that looked about 8 or 9 (both girls) skateboarding and they were getting the hang of pushing it around so that's cool.

My only hatred towards longboards are that they fill the streets in the downtown area and I think they are dumb because you don't really do any cool tricks on them, you just roll through stop signs but I guess I shouldn't be such a grumpy guy about it.

uhhh, it's not an award like soty user

you have to actually be qualified for the job

Dudes...did you see Andy "Snugglebandit" Roy's 9 club?

What's with the 9Club letting San Fransisco come clean with their images???

I can't really figure out the appeal. On the one hand, I totally get wanting big soft wheels (I have a separate cruiser setup myself), on the other hand, longboards are huge and heavy as fuck, completely unwieldy, and they have extremely limited maneuverability. It's weird to me that anyone would be willing to ride without the ability to lift the front trucks.
If you're going at high speeds then I get that you want as much stability as possible, but the people I see riding around town are not exactly going fast.
Penny boards are basically toys.

I bought a board 5ish years ago. I barely used it after an injury when I was learning. i want to get back into it. Is the board still good? It was stored indoors but would anything degrade in that time?

it will be fine as long as the wheels still roll

Imagine going to an obscure board like Yea Forums and finding the one thread on a subject you do not like only to complain about people who find it interesting.

and greco isn't? starting baker, brigada, and BBD? been in the industry for almost 30 years? its also about personality which Burnout does not have

Can't fucking believe I'm getting back into skating after a ten-year hiatus. Equally surprised that I was able to find a skateboarding general on this board. I bet this is what a mid-life crisis feels like.

Attached: a.jpg (164x307, 9K)

Pure cringe

I try not to

hey, jonny, we get it, you can do some retarded flip trick. nobody fucking cares, why dont you go spend some time in the streets filming an actual part or something?

also
>on an anime website
>complaining about weebs
>mfw

Attached: hmm.png (741x926, 737K)

greco doesnt work for thrasher so why the fuck would he be the next editor?

Seibien, burnet and the Vitellio family

Phelps was more of less the face of thrasher and didn’t have to much to do in terms of duties towards the end

Any new skateboarding games on PC?

Tighten your hardware

Thank you

>tighten your hardware

Does anybody else ride with super loose trucks? All my friends growing up had super tight bushings and I would fall off almost instantly because I couldn't make the things turn. My board was always super loose and if I leaned hard enough the board could almost touch the wheels. I'm so used to it because I can make minor corrections when going up for a boardslide or ollie over something without lifting the front of the board a hundred times.

How do you guys survive on a board like this? It's fucking retarded you have to share this board with wrestling autists.

I don't remember it being this bad. But the last time I was here was like 3 years ago so I guess the times are a changin'. Is every other thread literally just Wrestling? What else gets discussed here? Ping Pong? Rock climbing?

Used to be lots of shit, Skiing, Rollerblading, Airsoft, RC, etc.. Part of the problem is that there are lots of people who are paid to promote wrestlers online, like social media managers, or smaller wrestling shows trying to build hype for themselves, so theres a continual flood from them seperate from the shitposting. Thats partly why this board was made, to keep that sort of flood away from Yea Forums which is one of 4chans biggest boards.

Its kind of rad that we're really the only ones who have survived. I find it funny how many posters from here register as pals because they're so addicted to shitposting they just can't get enough.

SkaterXL

store.steampowered.com/app/962730/Skater_XL/

Attached: ss_59b1bf42f24e489645ca7ffabf0dfbc43f25f5aa.600x338.jpg (600x337, 54K)

SP is one of Yea Forums's biggest boards? That doesn't sound right. I figured it would be all the weird anime related stuff and video game related stuff and sports would be at the bottom of the list along with outdoors activities lol. I just can't understand how an entire board can be filled with wrestling threads.

>skatebaording games

What do you guys think is the best (most fun) and what do you think is the most realistic skateboarding game?

For me, the most fun was Tony Hawk 2 but Tony Hawk 1 was what got me hooked onto skateboarding in the first place. For more realistic skateboarding there was a game on the PS1 that wasn't as intense as THPS and seemed more realistic to me, I think it was called Thrasher:Skate and Destroy.

That's actually pretty fucking tragic. A damn shame, really.
Not to throw too much shade at the wrasslers but holy fuck, they say WE'RE cringe? Just look at your "sport." A bunch of melodramatic mongaloids smashing their heads together in a choreographed display of pure unadulterated white trash. When I think of wrestlers, I think of Faygo drinking juggalos professing their displeasure over the results of a match, and explaining what they would do. And any alternative opinions of that of your own are met with "YA SEETHED? YA WORKED?" I know when you tell people about your passion of wrestling (IF you even have the courage to in the real world, and no, to fellow enthusiasts doesn't count) it's usually met with recoil because the sport is lame as shit and literally no one but sweaty neckbeards even cares about wrestling at all.
>inb4 go back to 1999 stonerplank
I can literally say the same about your "sport." And even then it was lame as shit.

just force the bearings into the bottle. once done, cut the bottle open

Attached: process.jpg (1024x1024, 171K)

Bump

i've also made this but it's falling apart

Attached: IMG_0590.jpg (666x666, 112K)

it works like this, if anyone's unfamiliar

Attached: ATABCU.jpg (524x524, 31K)

This

Dude make the hold for the bearings deeper so that you use less liquid.

What I meant was tighten the screws that hold the trucks to the board. If you skate often your board twists and bends the screws and strips them. I gotta change hardware often because then my screws strip and burn holes into my trucks that cause my trucks to be crooked or in this one case turn completely sideways. I always tighten my hardware because it gets loose after every session. I skate super loose as well.

only gayboys like skating

>haven't skated for a week because gone out of town
>step back on, feel retarded
it's always so weird to take a break

Skate 2 for me is the peak of skateboarding games. I've actually been looking for a 360 on used markets because I want to play it again.

Is skaterxl any good though?

You looking for some action honey?

>Jonny Giger
that guy looks like a pedo

gay

dunno if you're retarded or not but you shake it

I'm doing a grip tape cutout, don't want nothing too much, top of board is blood red. Ideas? Havent thought too much about it and now here I am, ready to reapply new tape

I'm aware that you shake it, but by lowering where they sit, you will use less liquid wash and therefore have more to clean your bearings later. The fact I had to elaborate is worrying.

you don't have to fill it up with liquid if ya shake it, silly!

Skate and gay

agreed.

Lib tech has really cool ethereal designs. I love how fun forum is with their designs as well.

just copped a signal board that looks like blotter acid paper.

thank you

to me, if you read the onl;ine archives until 88, when he stepped in (I think) Thrasher was truly Thrasher, a magazine for and by skateboarders

after a while it pandered to a social image aligned with the whole change of strategy of marketing in skateboarding, I think.

I 'm not condemning it necessarily, but it made skateboarding not so inviting I think.

>Thats partly why this board was made

that's partly why they /wwe/ autsists were moved here*

board existed long before the transfer, although I do faintly remember "pro wrestling" discussed here.

>I find it funny how many posters from here register as pals

NOT ME

I CAN'T GET SIGNED

IT BANS ME FOR 3 MONTHS WHEN I TRY TO REGISTER

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT BLACK MAGIC

My board turns by itself. I’ll lay it on a flat surface, give it a little shove, and off it goes either left or right.

So far I’ve only changed the bushings.

It’s really irritating me. I’ve been skating about a month and trying to get comfortable with pushing, kick turns and the rare ollie. This issue is making things harder then they need to be.

The board was a prebuilt from my local shop but I’m thinking about switching everything minus the deck.

Anybody had any issues with this?

I'm I just bought Skater XL and tried it for a couple minutes before refunding it.
It's just too far from finished to really be enjoyable. Looks very promising though

>training wheels
what?

After a 10 year hiatus (I am 30 now) i finally made it back on a skateboard today. Landed kickflip, varial kickflip and half cab kickflip with ease. I hope i can keep on going without getting hurt, it is so much fun.

Stupid question, are the trucks straight?

Try loosening then tightening the hardware, could be the trucks are slightly off....

Does it do it when you tighten the trucks on the kingpin too?

>My board turns by itself. I’ll lay it on a flat surface, give it a little shove, and off it goes either left or right.

Either left or right sounds like the trucks have memory. They'll "remember" the last turn you made. Not a big deal

If it's always steering hard to one side. That's a problem.

Sounds like warped deck/wood.

>gay skater shit

Dude now that I look at them, the front trucks are slightly angled.

Wtf

What are you working on /esg/? Any tricks you've been trying to get for a while? Recent successes?

I finally brought rocknrolls to the bigboy 7ft bowl at my park. Got one sloppy one and then one clean one after carving part of my finger off on a bail. Also got a BS early grab over coping for the first time. Feels good. I have basically no flatground or grinds though and feel like I gotta take some time to drill that. Getting closer on BS 180s and my back boards are slowly getting longer than just the last 5 inches of the ledge.

I liked it, its nowhere near a finished product though, but thats where mods come in and make the game. As a vanilla product its fun on a rainy day but the mods really do it for me. all the cool spots you've ever wanted to skate and the customization is obviously endless the mod community for the game is great.

front crooks, I can't lock it I keep doing something like a willy grind but with the tail up high over the ledge. Overwilly maybe? All I know is that it's not a front crook.

It turns both ways? Make sure the hardware isn't loose. If it's tight then idk what causes that. When you get a little more control it's not a big deal unless you keep the trucks tight, but yeah I was also super anal about that at the start. I had a friend's trucks and they were a little bent or something so it was a constant issue, I feel ya

My enjoi board does that, idk why but it feels fine when I ride it

>riding a skateboard past the age of 13
Yikes!

sure, not nearly as cool as spandex briefs

what is this gay shit?

>skating
are you guys gay errr summin?

Gays on the mind?

>training wheels
Yeah this confused me as well. Not sure if they are thicker or meant for doing tricks in your garage or something. The other user said to just cut tennis balls and put them over the wheels so I figured it's something similar to that.

>stuck going to one side
Make sure the mounting hardware is good first (The 4 bolts/screws+nuts) and then spin each wheel individually. My friend had this issue and it was because one wheel was significantly slower than the others causing a drag which pulled the board to one side (That was the only time I had seen anything like that though). The most likely scenario is the bushings being worn or they were worn and then the kingpin was re-tightened holding it in that worn shape. When my board starts doing this I just loosen everything off and move it around and then re-tighten it.

>gays
My friend is gay and he can 360 flip and I can't. Not sure if the two are related but I know I'm not gay and I can't 360 flip.

I really like the aesthetic of of Mystery, but are their boards any good?

You're closer than me, closer than most probably. Go for it, shove your weight sideways into the grind and be ready to eat shit if you have to. You got it mang.

Working on SSFS Crooks, Nollie Flip/Heel (anything Nollie is my kryptonite), Switch Flip/Heels, Fakie Ollie 5 set, FS 5/0 to Fakie, Fakie to FS Feeble to Reg and/or Fakie, FS 5/0 Judo Disaster 9ft deep end.

how is mystery still alive lol

Based

boop
youtube.com/watch?v=pptFCbYuOIM

Attached: IMG_0592.jpg (666x666, 120K)

sexy song user

Fakie fs 50-50
Fakie fs 50-50 to frontside
I've done a few of these rolling super slow. Want to work my towards fakie 5-0,
regular 5-0's still need to be cleaned up though.
Nose grinds need more work.

Nollie bs 180. Throwing hailmary nollie bs 360's in the mean time. Not landing any. Yet.
Cabs
Fs shuvs have gotten shitty over the winter.
Always working towards a better kflip.

Just learned bs disaster.

I want to learn 360 flip and variations of it again, my favorite trick back then. Also FS Crook and Nosebluntslide on a curb.

so is that a no?

This

Oh he has street parts. He just doesn't do handrails. His tricks choice is fun,

Also, I am not complaining. I merely insulted you you fag

Which deck brand lasted you the longest?

Attached: gg.png (632x823, 23K)

Right now I'm learning Fakie Bigflips and FS flips while trying to perfect my Halfcab flips, BS Flips, Heels and Tres

My World Industries Flame Boy deck from 1998 lasted forever - and I was a beginner so it took a beating from failure back then

Now I'm practically a beginner again... Shouldn't have taken the 14 year gap

what's it like trying to learn again as an old man?

Tough man. Not as limber as I once was. Pushing around was like riding a bike, but only got back my Ollie and pop shuvit so far. Mostly just skating again to lose my dad/beer gut, having fun though

>having fun though
most important part desu

hey lads, looking at picking up my first cruiser board today, anything I should look out for?

i imagine the hardware isn’t really important at all considering what it is but I’ve never used one

This is a wrestlechad board, skatecucks need to leave.

>cruiser
>anything I should look out for?
yes, the wheels. all you need is soft wheels. that's all

yeah, i thought so. in that case should i just stick to a regular deck?

what the general opinion of them on here

My Blind-deck broke within a few weeks. After that i stuck to Shortys, Almost and Baker. All aren´t broken to this day.

i would get a shaped deck only so i can use it as a template for cutting used decks

Biggo hweels

Attached: 20190416_094651.jpg (2048x1152, 1.03M)

why does skateboarding have a shitty community? i remember when i was a teen i was discouraged and people talked shit all the time.

that's because you were a fucking poser and deserved it

Your redneck anime has ruined Yea Forums

uhm, friends, I noticed something today.

My ollies are getting stronger constantly, but today I noticed my legs are flabbier than what they used to be.

I started skateboarding 6 years ago and it has put me on the best shape I've ever been. How is that shit possible?

thicker muscle under same amount of fat. some people naturally have a bit more cushioning, giving big bear mode aesthetics when buff

But I'm lean as fuck, not skin and bones, but just lean and ottery.

The flabby parts on the side of my buttocks came for a visit, I thought I had lost those.

I'm working, so I am standing up a lot during the day and get to skate once every two weeks approximately. Could it be that?

I know I shouldn't worry about shit like that

seething

I've had a couple last till they were driftwood, but a Tim O'conner Habitat deck was the longest lasting at 3 years. I can't even make a deck last a summer nowadays, then again i'm no longer a lankboi.

God just wanted you to have nice cake, user. If you feel unsexy start popping them squats and shit, but if you know your muscles are strong and your cardio is good then a bit of flab is not a measurement of health.

I don't care about looking fit, as long as I can skate but the ass is the essence of life.

I'm asking because I can't make a deck last a month... and only have time to skate max two times a week. And it's 90% flat

What decks are you buying that fail so easy?

Well, I'm 6'3 and weigh around 210pds. I recently switched to an 8.5 but it didn't help.
Cracked the nose of an Element deck the first day at the park. My current Jart 8.5 lasted all around 3 weeks. I buy what I can. I test out different brands but none last. I'm about to buy a Sk8mafia and hope it will last at least a month

Attached: shrak.png (516x513, 15K)

If you have a local shop that sells shop blanks just get one of those.

They don't do that here. Only local brands that are c heaper but also snap faster

shortys is still around?

all yall breaking boards need to try the powell flight decks

I have been told to get PP decks but no one has them near me

Also, all their 8.5 flight decks are out of stock

Oh dang, I never considered going for flight decks because I always thought they were all shaped and only 8.5+. Didn't realize they had popsicles! I dunno if my city's shops carry them but i'll have to call because all the sizes and shapes I like are out of stock. Thanks for the heads up though, for sure going to be my next board if I can help it.

yea i was skeptical but theyre decent. i never had a chance to try the "impact" decks and wanted to try a carbon board so thats what led me to get one. i ordered mine offline like a kook but theres no shop around here anyway

>posting on a real sports board
You belong on

this

Shitty. I dunno longest lasters were Toy Machine, Habitat, Birdhouse, Girl, Chocolate, Creature, enjoi, Zero, Santa Cruz, Baker. In that order.

bop
youtube.com/watch?v=TMOXxX5_wAA

Attached: RMLH1050.webm (640x480, 963K)

Going to buy a skateboard tomorrow
I'm going to start skating bros

What is this gay shit?
>skating
what like on ice?

Good-luck user.

I know you can pop a higher shuv-it, chubby Daewon user

it's harder to control if i try to pop it. i used to be able to do them pretty comfortably but now i can only pop frontside shuv-its. anyway, i was practicing regular shuv-its because a want to relearn 360 flips. they were as easy as shuv-its

Attached: shuv50.webm (854x480, 853K)

Based thicc daewon

man this thread is really gay. is that intentional?

I know

oh man, I really hate work

I DON'T WANNA GO, TAKE ME LORD

after black hammers right here

scooters sound like nails on a chalkboard

Same

hang in there, just for a little while longer, then you'll be home free

cashing that unemployment check, already having bank for gear, live a simple but fulfilling life of roaming the word in search for skateboarding

fuck upgrading and fuck "moving on", stay on that crest

youtube.com/watch?v=KcY3UF6_IaM

Attached: kung foo'.jpg (200x252, 8K)

Was the latest Grosso loveletter a sophisticated diss to Mike Vallely?

i've been wanting to get this since (i think) december!

Attached: AXOQ5279.webm (640x480, 560K)

don't think i've ollied this high before so yay!
youtube.com/watch?v=SsO0-NzJnaM

Attached: RFJH4705.webm (640x480, 441K)

> be 25
> been wanting to try skateboarding for 2 weeks now
> can't stop wanting a skateboard like a kid wants a switch for christmas
> won't be getting any spending money until early june
AAAAAAH

Grats, one of those thigh high cones was the highest thing i ever ollied too, only did it once tho

nice. ollies are the best. if i could only do one trick, it'd be an ollie. get out there and do some ollies!
youtube.com/watch?v=xTNIB8qJhrk
this one may take another few months

Attached: DJJQ9798.webm (640x480, 366K)

peter puffin' ain't an alternative sport!

What kind of durometer/wheel design is best for cruising but also power slides? I was thinking something like 90a but I'm not sure about the type of wheel.

Can any skatefags confirm this pastern advice is legit?

Also, anyone have any experience with Krudco in Rochester NY?

Attached: iu.jpg (700x1223, 72K)

*pastebin. not pastern

AAAHH I CAN'T TRE FLIP STILL AAAHHH IT'S HALFWAY THROUGH 2019

i skimmed it and most of it seems accurate but i would imagine the section about what brands use what woodshops could be out of date

that shape looks cool

Attached: ayy.webm (384x480, 1.32M)

oh hey i was just there

Nice

Very cool user

U know the braille guy is a scientologist right?

You're gonna need to win the Yea Forumsie Rumble in order to challenge /wwe/ for control of the board at Yea Forumsmania.

Does that make him a bad skater or a worse teacher when it comes to skating?

no but it means u shouldnt watch his content and support him financially

Yeah, heard that recently. But he doesn't push it in his videos, does explain why he acts like a toddler though

Well, I only watch YouTube on my Kodi setup, which blocks adverts. I'm clear in my conscience that I don't provide him any revenue to give to his Space Preachers

is that a boy or a girl

Attached: flat 1000x1000 075 f.u5.jpg (875x1000, 112K)

IM CASHING IN RIGHT NOW

RING THAT BELL! RING IT!!!!

Attached: 81KK7gmSFAL._SX425_.jpg (425x385, 33K)

>do tricks on flatground
>it's easy
>put a fucking bottle on the ground
>can't do shit over it
?XD

use your back foot more

wood section needs updating but otherwise its legit

What would be the big changes for wood?

started landing hardflips stationary, gotta learn them rolling now

where the fuck do I put my back foot for fs shuvs

Tip of the tail, back side half only. Literally the opposite of shuv it.

anyone every try a hookups deck? I want everyone to know I jerk off to hentai but still want to ride something that isnt shit. Also are fakku decks any good? I dont want to give that fuck jacob grady any money but if the decks are good fuck it.

Haven't tried a Hookups. I believe they use Chapman wood? I have tried a Fakku deck and it felt like that generic toys-r-us type of board, felt really thick like a 9 ply sort of and had almost no snap, also the edge wasn't rounded off, it was squarish. I don't think they're really meant to be skated.

is truck height measured from the base plate or just the hanger?
there's basically no money in doing board art anymore unless you're one of the few people who gets a job as an inhouse designer. iirc there was an interview with ed templeton where he said even toy machine was just offering a flat 200 with no royalties these days. that's literally a deviantart-tier rate which is pretty insulting up for a product with international circulation. you could pretty much print your own boards at this point and would probably get a better return.
speaking of which, if any of you fags want some custom board art, hmu

>forum
yo is forum back or is (((jake burton))) just cashing in on the name?
>giving money to fakku
i'd trust jeremy klein over them desu. they also only sell 8.5s and longboards in looks like

very gay thread tbqh

>is truck height measured from the base plate or just the hanger?
from the base plate to the center of the axle

>if anybody wants custom board art

Would it be feasible for you to buy some blanks and put your own artwork on it and try selling them? I mean, if the board quality is good and you want to start a side business that might be something to look into.

wrong board y'all

Crinfe

G-A-Y

just learn how to screen print or find a distributor that does decent quality prints. you could even sell psds and let people find their own distributor, which would probably be the way to go if you wanted to do bootlegs.

I trust jeremy. I just want to be sure he's not making art boards rather than shit that can actually be skated on.

white lithium WD-40

girl has changed woodshops from the shitty chinese one to something else i think

yes they're BBS

>SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY
AND 100% HOMOSEXUAL

What's wrong with being gay, faggot?

>/esg/ estrogen supply general

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yeah I remember you were trying iton the deck of a ramp

I bet fakie kickflipping out of it comes naturally, what do you say?

yes it is out of date, Zero is not on Black Box anymore

New bread
>
>