Why is it that former WWE champions don't feel special anymore? Back in the day...

Why is it that former WWE champions don't feel special anymore? Back in the day, if you won the title you would still be prominently featured in a top spot even if you went without a title for a while. But it seems around the Del Rio/Sheamus era that changed. You go from champion to your lowest point. Is this done on purpose? I can't imagine any other reason for it being done.

Attached: reignsdub.jpg (887x474, 378K)

>Sheamus, Del Rio were champs

Attached: 4E3AB4E8-DE59-44B7-A15C-ACD96A9B2C14-1565-000001F614923120.gif (200x150, 2.11M)

the absolute state of that list after 2017

>Wyatt

Attached: 1546127493868.jpg (701x701, 33K)

>back in the day
Kill yourself boomer

Well, back in your day... wrestling was just better.

Zoomers, liberals, feminists, etc. have ruined everything like they always do. Thanks Obama!

because stars were better built that day. Nowadays if you're champ and can't sellout a house show Vince will hold it against you and feed you shit

Money in the Bank

I'm a Miz fan but honestly that belt was never the same after he won it
I'm all for Miz winning it in 2019, but back then he simply wasn't ready
Glad his reign pissed off Punk, though

Vince McMahon sucks at writing and producing wrestling, that’s why.

The fuck are you on about?

The first Undisputed Champion was a manlet geek who jobbed to the boss' daughter's boyfriend and Dwayne.

Ultimate Warrior also jobbed to the boss' daughter's boyfriend. Kevin Nash and Hulkster put over Bret Hart and Bret Hart put over future WWE Champions.

>The fuck are you on about?
I don't remember Bret Hart ever falling so far that he's in a jobber battle royal at WrestleMania or Shawn Micahels going on a huge losing streak. What exactly did I not make clear?

AJ had his year long reign of terror that killed the belt

AJ's reign was fucking painful. I still can't believe they didn't put the title on Joe when they had the chance.

Sheamus and Del Rio are/were consistent upper mid carders after their title reigns. They're not staying at the main event level like The Rock and Stone Cold we're consistently but everyone who's won the title has remained a big enough deal afterwards.
The only one that's really dropped off to jobber status is Jinder Mahal.

They had no long term plans and just extended the feud for months longer than it needed to be just like the Shin feud

Still if Joe had got the strap we would not have gotten Sierra Club Bryan

Attached: dick kick.webm (642x360, 1.32M)

USA pro wrestling is dying and becoming Disney in a ring

>The first Undisputed Champion was a manlet geek who jobbed to the boss' daughter's boyfriend and Dwayne.

Jobbing to Dwayne or Austin while champ is to expected because they're Dwayne and Austin. Triple cuck is considered an aberration of the worst kind.

Whatever world title is currently in raw is who they really view as their top champion and it's been that way for a while. They only give the RAW belt to someone who they truly love, but they'll slap the smackdown belt on pretty much anyone

orton bears some of the blame, hanging around in the midcard and phoning it in for such long stretches of time. can you picture the rock doing that shit?

The split titles ruined the credibility. When a total mid-carder like JBL becomes WWE champ in 04 you can't take it seriously

2010 it really crashed with MITB with guys like Swagger, Ziggler, Christian winning "World titles" and Sheamus winning WWE

The flip flop of titles is a joke as well, When Randy Orton is a 13 time WWE/World you know it's a joke

Wrestling careers last too long these days. Reminder that Sheamus careers is 2 times longer than Austin WWE career