B A S E D

B A S E D

Attached: D3wfgAEXsAA0v70.jpg (1023x490, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3mvE55VmPxQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not a single dime

Only 8 tag teams? What kinda shit is this? Old school Crockett Cups had like 24 teams.

Goddamn it, Billy. I believed in you.

I guarantee you Billy wanted more and this is all he could get out of ROH and New Japan.

Briscoes vs Rock n Roll Express is a dream match for boomers
youtu.be/3mvE55VmPxQ

Attached: 34555.jpg (720x550, 115K)

and those are the only feds in the world with tag teams right

He can book all kinds of indy shitters for this thing and give them a tag platform, but if all he has is eight teams he does not know what the fuck he's doing.

The biggest problem with trying to book NWA right now is with a tournament like this, you already know EXACTLY who's winning based on who's in the tournament and what they're doing for their parent promotions.

Billy needs tag champs that he can tour around and use to prop up some kind of tage division, which means he needs workers that won't be busy with other promotions. ROH will need PCO and Brody for backing up Marty and building up Villain Enterprises, and won't want PCO working a shitload of indie dates giving how much they're paying them. Flip is still involved with this Bully Ray storyline and both he and Bandido are needed to establish Lifeblood. Kojima and Nagata are old part timers and won't have enough US recognition to get the NWA tag division over. Rock n Roll Express are literally there for nostalgia only. Stuka and Maya Jr are complete unknowns in the US and don't speak English and are only there for CMLL to have a presence.

Your champs are either going to be The Broscoes or Jax and Crimson, and I can almost guarantee you it won't be the Briscoes as they won't have broad appeal. So Jax and Crimson are going to win the cup and be your new NWA tag champs.

Maybe Billy got so excited at the prospect of having NJPW and CMLL involved that he overlooked the fact that they wouldn't be able to send a shitload of top guys. As for only having 8 teams, I guess maybe he wanted to start out small to see how it went? I agree it's a mistake, he's got the financial backing and the support of ROH to do a bigger tournament, I think he should have gone for it.

This is pathetic
Should have stuck with TNA, you retard

>Rock and Roll Express vs Briscoes
This is the first time I've ever wanted to go to a wrestling show.

How long before he blows all his Smashing Pumpkins money on this shit?

Honestly? He had his shot to start something cool and alternative and missed it. Now that AEW has changed the landscape and set the talent market on fire, there isn't enough talent left for Billy to go on his own. He'll either have to buy somebody else's promotion or partner with somebody long term.

there's tons of unsigned talent still out there, it's the names that are getting signed.

Imagine being you

They fucked him over.

>using "block" in a 8 team single elimination tournament
Yikes

ha i didn't catch that

Is there room for another standalone promotion though? One that can get itself in front of a large audience? I'm not sure, but I'm also just some fuckin mark so what do I know.

It's pretty great
And he's gonna bankrupt himself with his vanity project. LOL

it's about finding the ideal scale to operate at and grow from there. i'm sure billy's got the connections to land a deal with some streaming service that's starved for content.

if your only looking for a big tv deal than yeah you're out of luck, but wrestling's way hotter on an indy level right now. promote a consistent product and give new guys a chance to try things out and you'll probably get some buzz.

You are nasty

Attached: 15.jpg (1000x810, 217K)

FUCK NWA

Attached: Sansón, Cuatrero y Forastero.jpg (1200x800, 93K)

Can someone tell me what's this?

That's a one show-only tournament ya simps, there can't be more teams than that

Some pretty BASED teams, but only 8 come the fuck on

A pathetic NWA event

>tl;dr

bro, I was at NWA 70. All I needed to sort this shit out was 2 data points:

1) Road Warrior Animal was in Jax & Crimson's corner
2) Road Warrior Animal announced they were bringing back the Crockett Cup

If that wasn't enough, he even said "I know a certain tag team that I think can win the Crocket Cup!" right before Jax & Crimson beat a pair of jobbers via the Doomsday Device.

The NWA showed their hand 6 months ago, and it shows

Loser

Attached: 1552595796339.gif (414x322, 2.67M)

You say that, but AEW talent has literally held the NWA world title and competed for the NWA national title. I would not assume that the NWA won't be present in AEW.

When and where?

>Is there room for another standalone promotion though?

That's not what the NWA is, so your question is irrelevant. The NWA is about creating cross-promotion rivalry and competition in order to drive ticket sales and PPV buys. They don't need or want exclusive talent, they just want talent that can travel. ROH, Impact, MLW, and a bunch of others have shown that they are okay with their talent taking other bookings.

This. As it's currently booked, the Crocket Cup will have 7 tag team matches, plus 3 singles matches (one for each singles belt). That's a full 10-match card for a single show.

It's not the grandiose event that it once was, but Billy has to start somewhere.

Exactly, Billy literally said that the NWA revival is around a 20-25 year plan.

you should kill yourself.

Billy is a retard. He blew his chance to have any kind of impact

April 27, Concord, NC

I don't understand why you think this way. Please explain.

The NWA has absolutely no buzz. Releasing youtube videos means jack shit if there is no wrestling to back that shit up. 20-25 year plan. He's already wasted 3 of them and has jack shit to show for it

>Billy is a retard. He blew his chance to have any kind of impact

>Gets NWA title defended on biggest show of 2018
>Has NWA title carried by literal royalty of pro wrestling
>Delivers biggest gate the Asylum (former TNA home base) has ever seen
>Has multiple well-established companies involved in promoting an NWA event
>Is literally ahead of schedule on the multi-year plan for the NWA

yeah, you're right. The guy *completely* screwed the pooch. time to pack it in.

Billy finally accomplishing his second dream?

>Gets NWA title defended on biggest show of 2018
I must have missed the NWA title match at WrestleMania
>Has NWA title carried by literal royalty of pro wrestling
Nick Aldis...royalty of wrestling. Yeah, stopped reading there. Whoo boy, you are fucking delusional. You're actually Billy, aren't you?

>no buzz
That's true. But do you want him to blow all of his money in the first few years? What's wrong with a slow build
>NWA title defended on biggest show of 2018
Come on dude, you can't be serious.

Imagine thinking Wresltemania 2018 was a good show. Big Oof.

Imagine not knowing the name Cody Rhodes, the name Dusty Rhodes, or their connection to wrestling. There's just no hope for you, kiddo. Neck yourself.

Big Tunes Billy does it again

I am serious. If you can't recognize the importance of being the first non-WWE show to sell over 11,000 seats in this century, then you don't understand the business.

All In might not have been the biggest show by ticket sales, but by importance to the business it was far and away the biggest event of 2018. It was so big, in fact, that it's effects are still happening.

>slow build
Dude, this is a glacial pace
Billy, WrestleMania was the biggest show of 2018. It may have not been the greatest, but neither was All In.
>Cody Rhodes
You mean the guy who used you to fulfill a fantasy and then fucked off and never had shit to do with you again? el o el

>reddit spacing
Go the fuck back, you cancer

Attached: 1553797621740.gif (284x215, 3.3M)

>can't refute sound arguments
>resorts to crying over literal empty space

Have you never heard of paragraphs? Holy fucking kill yourself.

>glacial
What do you want from the NWA? It's starting from literally nothing, and was featured in a 10,000 or whatever seat show last year.

One sentence is not a paragraph, you faggot ass redditor

>One sentence is not a paragraph

Well actually, sweetie, one sentence can comprise its own paragraph.

#seewhatididthere

faggot.

Just get a room already, you homos.

According to Lagana they have used less money so far than some upper tier WWE guys use for their travel expenses or some shit like that. So they're not even close to coming out with guns blazing yet

Also on FITE TV and Honor Club

They already sold out two shows and this is looking to be a good show at their scale right now. What do you expect them to do? Run expensive ass TV tapings without a network to put them on? They are slowly but surely building up and onwards.

bump

Can the nj/roh match just be nagata and brody stiffing each other for 10 minutes? Ok thanks.

>inb4 Enzo and Cass come out of the crowd to beat up the rock and roll express after they lose to the briscoes, only to shoot get their asses kicked by 70 year old men because ROH failed to tell them it was a work

based

This looks pathetic.
>Muh 50 year plan

Can't judge an event without seeing it first. But let's see how you would grow a company and have all the money for it.

Firstly, I'm not a part of famous music band. Also nice deflection Billy. I hope that you will be happy with fucking Crimson as your tag champ.

You think Fight Club Pro has more money at it's disposal than Billy Corgan?

The DTTI they're putting on this year isn't even close to their best line up and it blows this shit away.

IMO this looks fairly fun event to watch. They are going after something different than just muh hottest indy stars on the card having workrate clinics like every other promotion these days. Also Billy likes bigger guys and thinks there is a market for that (which there is)

Yeah, big guys shitting up matches with literally who beaners and old fucks sure has market.

>MO this looks fairly fun event to watch. They are going after something different than just muh hottest indy stars on the card having workrate clinics like every other promotion these days

great plan. Not focusing on putting on an entertaining show and also not featuring stars. Billy is a fucking genius.

We'll see how much they draw this time. Sold out their last two events with even turning people away from the doors. And the latter one didn't even have Cody so no exuses there. This event also features a lot of NWA legends, Jim Cornette on commentary and Nick Aldis vs Marty Scurll for the NWA title for example.

is this one sold out?
it actually sounds like a fun show and Concord isn't that far

I think there are still tickets left.

Hoping for based PCO
But I know flip is going to win

>no chop n roll express
no dimes from me

This is exactly my point. Billy will have to throw in with another promotion in order to keep the NWA relevant. I don't think that was part of his 20 year plan.

I think Billy's plan was a smaller scale version of what AEW turned out to be
a few core talents and a bunch of non-exclusive guys working on a show to show basis
Billy didn't anticipate some jabroni money mark showing up and throwing around millions and millions of his daddy's dollars to run Meltzer-themed smark conventions a few times a year

Attached: stuka y kemonito attack.webm (720x404, 2.88M)

NJPW refuses to have anything to do with Impact,
Court Bauer fucking HATES Dave Lagana so no MLW
AAA hates CMLL and works with MLW and Impact
NJPW won't work with other Jap feds, so no Dragon Gate or All Japan or DDT or NOAH
American indie teams would just be "literally who" first round jobbers that eat up PPV time

So that left him with three options:
ROH-NJPW-CMLL alliance
"BritWres"
"AEW"

He could bring in some indie teams like

This is just one of the stepping stones. I bet they will advance some angles at the show and/or announce future event. Their target audience isn't neccessarily hardcore smarks like other promotions. They want to draw regular folks like families and such too and that can be done with the help of the NWA name and history attached to it.

ROHs "The Boys" has been confirmed on the battle royal.

have sex, gain height, take a shower, hit the weights, GET A CLUE

Attached: 054.jpg (1280x720, 146K)