How does WWE work in a business sense?

I have been wondering this for a while now - how the fuck does it make sense that WWE is losing fans by the millions, no one watches them on cable or buys PPV's, no one goes to house shows anymore, they are culturally irrelevant and getting caught watching WWE even as a 10 year old kid is social suicide, and all they have is some shitty streaming service that only charges $10 per month. And yet they are thriving from a corporate standpoint. Their stock and profits have never been higher. How the fuck does this conundrum work? On one hand they are dying, on the other they are livelier than they have ever been.

Attached: 1554774769106.png (521x509, 28K)

Their TV deals which pays them more each year is the main thing.

But why are their TV deals so lucrative ? I mean, I get the fundamentals - advertisers and brand recognition. But a big advertising agency or company should look at this shit and say, yeah no this is a shit dying company with shit ratings, its not worth plastering their show with our brand logo, right? Why the fuck does FOX want them? Why does Snickers love to advertise with them so much? Its a shitty, dead show. Is finance just in a huge bubble alongside the stockmarket that will crash back down to reality sooner or later? Will the WWE die soon?

Ill take what are jews for 500
Also i like you slowjak mate

Attached: 5hv8fri.png (573x705, 42K)

The Network

All traditional forms of media are dying, WWE programming is drawing record numbers in a world where all broadcast media is bottoming out. 2-3m is decent numbers (from an advertising perspective) in a world where everyone just streams, watches youtube and pirates. Its not about RAW v RAW over the years, its RAW v competing tv programmes.
In addition, they have an insane social media game - and that reach is worth a fortune.

because advertisers will pay lucrative deals to get their shit shoved in ur face. its an endless circle of buy my stuff.

Record low numbers*
Obviously

>they’re dying
ARAB MONEY YOU FUCKIN BRAINLET

WWE isn't losing fans
tons of people watch on cable AND use Hulu
Shows are down, but that's just a fact of life, they tour SO much that you can't expect shows to be packed every night, that's childrens thinking.

stock and profits are highest they have ever been. I just don't think you're really mature enough to not post a troll thread.

wasting your knowledge on these brainlets, user.

They're ratings are still high enough and stable enough for USA, who really have nothing else, to throw money at them for some consistent programming.
Why fox wanted them I have no idea.

this is a brainlet board, you can't save them.

Also, WWE is something you'd have to watch live (usually) to keep up with. It's not something you record, watch a month later, and skip all the ads. It's also not something you binge watch and skip all the ads. Sports is basically the most appealing thing for advertisers because it's the only programming people make sure to watch live.

As much of a sinking ship that they are, they're far more stable than almost everything else on television. TV as a medium is dying, it's not just WWE.

This is now a slowjack thread

Attached: 898buxf.png (540x960, 24K)

Pro wrestling is a very good timeslot filler. Fresh content every week as opposed to airing syndicated shows, reruns etc. It's not really something you 'need' to advertise extensively. It's pro wrestling, there will always be pro wrestling fans and they'll find your show. The only real problem is if the promotion itself can handle their money well.

Attached: 1534816646855.png (645x614, 83K)

>stock and profits are highest they have ever been
You and I both know this isn't true. Multi-million dollar handouts from nations to run shows in their country is a short-term solution to a long-term problem. You don't drop pyro for budget cuts if you're making money.

Cord-cutting. People are dropping traditional TV for streaming services in record numbers. Ratings are down across the board for all television. Wrestling is one of the few products that can still draw consistent ratings on TV, even if those ratings are down. Thus, having a wrestling show on your station guarantees you an audience that you can sell to advertisers.

That's a big factor. If you want to put an hour of PG mediocrity like Law and Order or Modern Family on, I'll just watch it on my own time whenever I want. Probably I've seen it before, probably I can watch it on another platform, and its easy to torrent anyway.
If I even care a bit about WWE then I want to watch live, so I don't have everything spoiled on social media. Its all about FOMO.
If someone could be bothered to actually analyse viewer engagement, in a world of complete collapse of network viewership to On Demand, streaming, cord cutting, pirating, other media...RAW would probably be a safe and secure bet. It must be, because businessmen don't piss away their money due to stupidity and nostalgia, they invest billions based on cold hard analysis.

Attached: qyvpoi7.png (514x438, 20K)

Also wrestling is comparatively cheap (or even free in the case of WWE) to produce compared to the ratings it brings in.

I think the Pyro thing was because of changing laws in stuff like that inside. I'm sure it helped the budget but I don't think that was the MAIN reason.

How does feels/W***k posting work in a community sense?

I have been wondering this for a while now - how the fuck does it make sense that Yea Forums is gaining newfags by the millions, no one understands memes on the Internet or creates OC, no one has real discussions anymore, they are obsessed with whatever's relevant and refusing to click street signs even as an anti-authority Legion is poster suicide, and all they have is some shitty Pass that they can revoke any second. And yet they are thriving from an activity standpoint. Their traffic and post counts have never been higher. How the fuck does this conundrum work? On one hand they are dying, on the other they have convinced themselves they are livelier than they have ever been and OP is a fucking idiot who has billions of images to choose from but thought whatever helps him fit in is the best one.

the most interesting thing I've heard Metlz say is that the money WWE earns from Youtube is around $6 a year and they don't even include it on their annual earnings because it's so insignificant a number. all those Indians watching and leaving broken english comments count for nothing in reality.

WWE is very cheap to produce, puts out a shit-ton of television, and makes a shit-ton from merchandise sales.

Everything is dead man. That's the honest truth. WWE is irrelevant as shit but still top of the ratings in cable in the USA. Because everything else is dead. I would even say that WWE is more popular than all of anime.

In addition to what the others said, WWE sells a very PC PG advertiser friendly content and stuffs their programming full of ads, making it very rentable, and though the audience is down and the PPV business is dying, WWE monetizes their audience very well with overpriced T-shirts, "experiences", toys, fucking Christmas ornaments and mugs...

WWE is a publicly traded company. They measure success primarily by the valuation of the stock price. If you own stock in WWE, you want the stock price to increase, because then you can either collect a dividend check or trade the stock to someone who wants to buy in.

WWE has been successful in increasing its stock price. This is not dependent on the overall health of the business (the profit and loss). A publicly traded company like WWE would in theory be happy with only making $1 in annual profit, provided it achieved something within its core strategy, which is mainly MARKET SHARE. WWE wants to
>be the number one name in pro wrestling around the world
>expand into new markets, particularly emerging consumer markets like China, India, Saudi Arabia, and Brazil.
This is why WWE doesn't give a shit about NJPW: Japan is not a fertile, emerging market. The well is running dry, investors consider Japan to be an 80s thing, or even a 50s-60s thing.

So, yes
>house show revenue is down (who cares?)
>ratings are down (doesn't matter, WWE will still garner enough advertisers to win large network contracts)
>the product sucks (lots of products suck that make money)
>wrestling isn't getting mainstream exposure (but the WWE brand is mainstream, so they are accepted by the right investors, a huge accomplishment post-Benoit)

This is exactly why we will continue to have 5 hours of this shit, every week, with no season breaks forever.