/esg/-eternal skatebarding general

Basic brand information for beginners: pastebin.com/CxdBGA6W

Shoe reviews: docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0
Submit a shoe review: docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY

YOU' RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU 'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

OLD THREAD:

thread music: youtube.com/watch?v=h3YVKTxTOgU

Attached: Hjalte_Halberg_Frontside_smith_sheffield_Polar_Skate_Co_UK_Tour_Sidewalk_Magazine_Issue_205_Photo_Sa (1400x933, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01HH775TC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3CDEUCT9UACPY&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B079Q236RS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AQN56OZDKHUZI&psc=1
tactics.com/bones/hardcore-medium-skate-bushings-2-truck-set/black
tactics.com/spitfire/cheapshots-skateboard-bearings
jenkemmag.com/home/2018/08/28/skateboarders-worried-cte/
youtube.com/watch?v=7MR28NW1sLM
youtu.be/rXFWXuHZd_M
youtube.com/watch?v=LFAEJsmKL1M
youtu.be/HEKqcTi4cDI
bambooskateboards.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>finally nice enough outside
>been riding every day
>been sore and hurting every day
it's gonna be a good year bros

>raining all the time
>practically middle aged and haven't skated in 10 years
>aching anyway
I really want to ride again, but it's gonna be a tough year bros

>Very nice the past week
>Haven't skated except for some sketchy sessions in the winter
>Absolutely bogged down with schoolwork
Shit sucks but hopefully I'll finish all this shit soon so I can film some stuff

The Virgin flip and catch vs the CHAD muska flip

bump :)

Hey, I want to buy a skateboard to kill some time outdoors this summer, and for transportation I guess.
I've read the OP and looked at my options but I'm still not quite sure what to get. I've decided a prebuilt is probably the best option for now, as I am a complete beginner and have barely touched a skateboard ten years ago. Does this make sense? Buying separate parts will be around 2500-3000kr, which is a bit more than I'd like to spend.

I'm going to visit my local store tomorrow and hope their in-store selection matches their website. Any of these stand out as better or worse than the others, or should I just pick a random 8" and get to skating?

Attached: boardshop.png (1228x1557, 996K)

>tfw you get out of work and wanna skate but by the time you get home all you wanna do is sit
Feels bad mang

not one brand makes the best of every skate part. If you're seriously going to not take it serious sure stick to a cheap complete but I think you should pick the parts for a nice feeling board. I've never bought an online complete but I doubt they're disgustingly terrible. Assuming you're new to this the only thing that might need changing in a complete is better bearings

If you have the option, your best bet hands down is to go to a local skateshop and say "I want a skateboard".
Otherwise sure, there are decent completes out there. I learned to skate on a board I picked up for $30 at a used sporting goods store. Worked out just fine for me.

Based

If you end up getting a complete odds are the wheels are going to be a hard durometer and be a bit difficult to use as transportation and on rough surfaces. Just keep that in mind, when you're choosing somewhere to practice

how was your recent skatepark experience /esg/?

>really nice cool spring Saturday
>a few thrasher kids sessioning the mini ramp
>father son duo comes in. 30 year old guy starts doing huge bs boards while his son rides a huffy.
>homeless skater bro rides up
>absolutely kills it, lands gigantic kick flip 180 transfers.
>all of a sudden Indian children fucking everywhere.
>scooter gang kids ride up too
>homeless skater bro gets smoked
>my god they’re everywhere
>get smoked and fall into the fence

Still had a good session tho.

>get smoked and fall into fence
Jesus Christ are these scooter kids hockey players or some shit?!!

I can't figure out what the fuck is wrong with his face in this picture

Attached: 1459594444801.png (480x480, 97K)

>tfw the bottom layer of wood on my deck is cracked again
>tfw broke

Attached: 1529608289393.gif (720x720, 1.44M)

I think that dude might have caterpillar eyelashes.

Front

Nah but they would start gawking at me and him when we tried to do shit on a flat bar and just run into us.

If I didn’t bail this little 5 year old kid was gonna get a flying skateboard to the dome. I was really tempted to bitch out his dad but dude already had like 5 kids so that’s punishment enough

I have a old ass skateboard like 10 years of rust n stuff
I never used that thing
I started watching tony hawk on youtube and got inspired
my skate turn but not where I put my weight and when I put my whole weight it slightly turn the right way
and I can't get enough speed
how to repair the darn thing?
I don't know if I like skateboarding rl yet so I don't want to spend too much money

Replace the bearings and try again.

Cheapest option is new bushings (rubber in the trucks), and new bearings for the wheels.

Bushings may have gone brittle over the decade, and new bearings will get you rolling properly. The other parts are unlikely to be too affected by the passage of time.

Replace them, skate, then look at upgrading if you're enjoying it

Sooooooooo at the risk of sounding crass and uncouth:
It's been almost a full month since the Phelpers death, and still no cause of death. I know a cover-up is pure speculation, and i'm sure it is his family's wishes not to release the COD, but i'm beginning to become curious.
This is a stretch, but are there any anons on the inside who can provide insight?

My money's on suicide.

Bailed doing a pop shuvit, hit his head and died.

Keeping it quiet to avoid embarassment

Died in his sleep due CTE related complications
Drug overdose
Suicide

At least that's what I think.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01HH775TC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3CDEUCT9UACPY&psc=1

amazon.com/gp/product/B079Q236RS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AQN56OZDKHUZI&psc=1

are these good enough?

Jesse Viera hit him in the head with his board

no get these
Bushings
tactics.com/bones/hardcore-medium-skate-bushings-2-truck-set/black
When talking about bushings people always talk about getting these. You're just starting so I wont go more complicated but if you like skating learn about the differences in hardness. Medium for you is fine.
Bearings
tactics.com/spitfire/cheapshots-skateboard-bearings
Good cheap bearings. People usually bring up "Bones Reds" when talking about cheap bearings but I've noticed on online shops that they're going high up in price. Don't know about local shop prices.

And finally, I don't know how indifferent you are to skating right now but if it isn't any trouble head over to a local skateshop and support.

And then bombed a hill right after

Seconding these as my hunch sadly.

Maybe it's because I'm too young to see enough funerals but I feel like they're not disclosing to avoid public backlash and not against Thrasher but to skateboarding as a whole. As much as I feel the connection between cte, mental health and skateboarding should be discussed I feel if this got out it would go straight to public shock news and then into legislation by people who don't understand skating.

jenkemmag.com/home/2018/08/28/skateboarders-worried-cte/

I feel like skaters could still successfully protest anything nasty proposed in their respective governments but I understand the precaution.

Anyone got the vid of Phelps slamming on that hill bomb? That was crazy.

Attached: 1523268262677.png (180x262, 22K)

lads how the hell do I get gud at the basics?
I've been cruisin up and down my street for the last two days and I'm still having trouble leaning into turns and popping.
I really don't want to seem like a poser but I think I'm in over my head right now

turning - practice
popping - practice (popping into your front hand is a nice stepping stone. Try breaking tricks down into steps)

If it is CTE related I can see how Thrasher is on the hush not only because of respect of his passing, but because of the political PC climate. It wouldn't surprise me that SJW's would take the "should have been wearing a helmet" stance against his death, and by extension push to legislate. Regardless, he's still watching. Still telling you to grow a pair and get it. What a guy.

>for the last two days
try two months and it'll start feeling really good

Thx man

Actually I live in europe so shipping is like 60 $
So I am looking for similars in amazon

oh damn, sorry I'm used to states. Just look those up in amazon.
Bones Bushings Medium
Spitfire Cheapshots

And actually after skimming amazon I think their is a difference. Don't get Bones Bushings get Bones Hardcore Bushings.
If you accidentally get the non hardcore ones don't panic I have no clue if they're the same or not but they'll still be good for you

Just got this for the summer, its gonna be so good to skate again after all these years. Should be here next week.

Attached: summer setup.png (383x616, 59K)

Cool

Based tranny rider

Mostly for the street, here's how long its been since I've skated, I thought you were calling me transgender for a solid 30 seconds before I remembered people skate transitions.

What is "skating transitions"?

bowl, quarterpipe, etc. something that "transitions" from flat into vert via a curve. used as a genre name to describe tricks done on this type of obstacle aswell

Anyone else following chad the chad caruso’s 50 tricks in 50 states in 50 days series?

Attached: 4DD53FB6-DE7B-43E3-A657-60BC2E15EF5E.jpg (750x418, 187K)

Attached: giphy.gif (500x282, 2.56M)

Why the fuck would you buy that deck for street

I just got into this guy, his tricks are fuckin' bonkers. His tranny trick tips are super helpful, I learned learned back tails and nosegrinds vecause of him.

>good in the past two days, excellent today
>switch ollied a bump, got excited, tried to finish off with a fakie kickflip, landed it and got the board lost from under me
>haven't skated in 3 weeks because MUH JAHB, feeling sore and like I started skating again

best fucking reply ever

Attached: Kirsten Dunst.jpg (817x1222, 283K)

Attached: joanajet.jpg (480x640, 90K)

got my board and i've been riding around getting comfortable with it, eating shit in hidden areas. feels pretty ok to be back on

Cursed image

probably pure cruising? personally wouldn't do tranny with soft wheels

Why do you guys skate?

I want to learn how to fly

I really fucking hate modern architecture and skating is one of the more aesthetic ways of destroying it and asserting dominance over this gay city

It is a passion which started from childhood and made it's way into adulthood.
Imagine wanting to land a very difficult trick you've never done. Imagine trying over and over, getting frustrated and injured trying to get it, but continue failing. Imagine, through dedication, perserverence and discipline that despite this failure, you never give up and you land that fucking trick at all costs. This all culminates to the eventual landing of the trick. And let me tell you, when you land the trick, you experience pure ecstacy and satisfaction, all that frustration and suffering has been forgotten and you can relish in the fact that you toughed it out and overcame a difficult challenge. THAT is why I love skateboarding.

guys who don't play sports become either: gamers, artsy types like dancers, or alternative athletes like gym rats and skaters. it's the primordial desire to compete with each other. in my experience the alternative athletes usually have a stick up their ass about the discipline (i.e. telling people how to lift properly), the artsy types are extremely pretentious, and the gamers can be just straight ultra-autistic. people who play actual sports aren't really any better though. in other words, people skate because they suck at or have no interest in real sports where there is winning and losing

Does skateboarding have any good brappers?

practice all you want. A surprise will happen and you'll eat shit in front of a cutie patootie

no one that i know of..
Nora is really pretty :}

why?

for the money

leticia bufoni if you're into thots

youtube.com/watch?v=7MR28NW1sLM

What's your favourite tricks guys?

I really like lazers

Attached: 1503522827200.png (382x417, 325K)

nollie flip or any flip into nose manny is pure sex to me, I could watch those all day

>any flip into nose manny

good taste

This shit is starting to scare me.

Attached: IMG_20190412_130654~3.jpg (2902x2250, 949K)

trust nobody, not even your board

Fat frontside ollies

>buy board online
>never get it
>contact company
>week later
>two boards come in mail

Attached: 1534466290591.jpg (761x783, 150K)

based

hopefully i get hit by a car and die or get cte and die

Based

I want to hurt

it's a gratifying learning experience and it keeps me moving

It's an easy way to hurt myself which gets me out of work

Goat

whats with the OP pastebins take on board quality? How could all these companies like blind be around for 20 years if they're putting out a shit product? Is this just autism or should I actually take this into account?

I'm an oldfag who skated in middle school and just wants to land a kickflip once in my life so I'm going to get into it again.

Attached: jeunefemme2.jpg (711x431, 19K)

I'm this faggot. I went to a skateshop yesterday and the dude told me to buy one of their cruisers for like 120 bucks to start out because you apparently learn board control on those better or something. Am I being jewed (I suppose so), or is he offering legit advice here?

He's a fucking idiot, go to a different shop.

Yeaaahhhhh, that dude is fucking retarded and doesn't know shit.
Is it just my city or are skateshop employees always the dumbest most incompetent jamokes ever?

can't speak to his advice as I'm a novice at best, but if it was $120 for a full setup thats actually in the right ballpark. Just get a good deck and trucks to start imo, wheels and bearings can be sorted out later and faster at your local shop

I have a mini-logo board made in china and it keeps landing on the nose and tail. My nose is has been chipping and looks like it's delaminating. Every next bad landing seems like it'll be the grand break instead of chip. But I don't have any experience with a good canada/mexico/usa board so I don't know what the good quality wood hit count is supposed to be

the people calling him a fucking idiot are jumping the gun. I don't know the full story.
Anyways it could be that his intentions were good but fuck alternative learning methods, just learn on a normal skateboard.
Or he could be jewing you, getting you to buy a cruiser and then a normal board later when you get used to it.
I say get a normal board if you're interested in tricks and get wider/bigger wheels and risers in the future if you feel like using the same board and trucks as a cruiser

I feel the same around here as well

But I'll tell you what, the people I've met at Riot in Bordeaux were very helpful and kind

I really like the problem solving aspect of it. Through trial and error with different foot positions or leaning certain ways etc then adjusting and finally sticking it. Shits fun

Do you agree?

Attached: 69FC57E6-339C-4B09-923F-C27E74562350.png (750x1334, 631K)

Oh, don't get me wrong, there are shops in smaller bordering cities that do a solid and get you exactly what you need. Just not in my city, lol.

Depends on how much their shit costs, honestly. I also don’t live in an area where there are skate shops besides Zumiez.

Skated like twice and I wanna quit bad how do you guys cope?

Thanks for the advice, gents. I appreciate it.

For the last guy, the full story is:
>I go into the store
>Dude asks if I need help
>"Yeah, I'd kind of like to get into skating, what do I get to start out?"
>"You should get a cruiser, they're easier to learn board control with and you can do tricks like ollies and kickflips with them too once you get there. Take a look over here, we have some in store. Those are between 120 and 140 bucks."
There's really nothing else to it.

Gonna be heading out to another shop next week I guess.

damn he went straight to cruisers. Yeah I don't trust that guy. I think he's going for getting you to buy 2 boards. A "starter" board, the cruiser. Then when you get used to it you then buy a regular board.
Don't trust him. Just get a regular board following the sticky. Then choose to do the helping-hand advice like tightening your trucks for better balance. I personally think you should stick to how it normally is, unless it's too loose

How do you recover from skating? I can only skate once of week because I get way too sore. I’m by no means a beginner and I’m only 21. I don’t like skating through the soreness either because I just end up not going as hard and feel like I’m wasting my time because I might get hurt.

Frustrated with something? Try not to take it too seriously, you won't even be doing ollies until you've practiced the fuck out of it for awhile. Eventually you'll develop the muscle memory and feel like the boards an extension of your body, but don't expect that on day 2, or week 2, or even month 2

Yeah i’ve been tryna ollie but all my skater friends are way better and they arent really hellpful i think thats making it harder I cant even really ride confidently yet lmao

bump :)

>Do you agree?

do little kids cut you off at a park?

Attached: skatesolid.jpg (550x155, 44K)

Stretch before you skate. It is astonishing how helpful it is for not only reducing soreness afterwards but getting you loose and limber to land anything. I always thought the old dudes were full of shit until I got older and realized they were trying to impart wisdom on my kook ass.

You literally power through and get back on the board. Doing stretches before and after helps but the only real way to eliminate most of it is to just keep going. You would be surprised how quickly you forget about soreness once you're moving again.

stonerplank

It's me again; I just wanted to say I went to the shop and ended up buying the top-left board in the picture which was the only 8" complete they had. Guy was helpful enough but seemed kind of surprised I was buying it for myself as a beginner at 24 kek. Anyways I am really looking forward to improving, after my first session I could push around a parking lot pretty consistently without falling off or losing balance much at all. I did make sure to switch it up a bit between regular and goofy stance to try to improve at both.

One question though is should I bother practicing pushing mongo at all? Thanks for all the replies and help btw

>should I bother practicing pushing mongo at all?
Nah. It's generally good to be comfortable in weird niche movements but if you're literally just starting out, not even riding switch is all that helpful. Personally, I'd recommend getting the basic manuevers and at least an ollie down regular before going switch. Whatever makes you have fun though.

Bumped

Thank you

How do I become Lukas Miller?

>Skating past the age of 16

how do you shoveit?
They say its all in your backfoot but every time i try it the board doesnt flip bellow my feet
I tryed to kickflip just for fun after an hour of practicing it and the board suddenly rotates way better than before
TL;DR: What motion do you do with your front foot in shove its

>What motion do you do with your front foot in shove its
Literally nothing. You're overthinking it. It really is all in the back foot. The most you do is suspend it after scooping your back foot and then just stomp down when the board completes its rotation.

Go to the town hall and change your name

>questioning others lifestyle choices on a cambodian finger painting website

The board just flys every time i do it i can do it outside off it, also is it supposed to lift first the nose a bit before scooping?

do you wanna shove it or pop shove-it?

Are you applying all of your weight onto the tail? Because that will cause the board to flip and do weird shit.

Even up your weight displament.
Don't lift the nose early intentionally. Everything at the same time.

you want to be hitting the tail hard and quickly eniugh that the front foot will not be involved. if will be there to keep you balanced as you snap the tail, but after that moment that you snap the tail, your front foot must not be your focus and must stay out of the way. you can make your front foot catch the board simply by keeping your body position correct, so once you commit to snapping the tail with your back foot you dont need to think about it at all

Cool advice.

>tfw snapped shitty cheap board in aspie fit of rage
>also broke
>also 20
I have to mature a bit before getting another board I guess but I feel like death without one I have been dropping in on flat ground and was significantly getting higher and higher. Fuck me why do I still have emotional issues.

Bumpin

>I have been dropping in on flat ground

?

not the poster but maybe he meant dropping ledges(dropping without being on verts like a big stair)?

Just started skating again after 10 years and I am getting mad hip flexor pain when I am practicing Ollie's.
I tried resting for a few days then powering through but it just made the pain worse.
Is there specific stretches that I should be doing? I already do the lunge hip flexor stretch.

no, it's natural, you'll get stronger there

Am the poster being referenced. user is correct in what I meant. Or dropping in onto flatground from tall ass electrical boxes/walls. Think of the skater Jaws, I have a similar leg situation.

Is there anything more comfy than muting the video and putting on the THPS2 soundtrack when watching skateboard videos

LIGHTS OUT, GUERILLA RADIO

new board best feeling in the world

was anybody here on transworld skate forum in the early 2000s?

Gotta go fast

Its called tail drop or power Ollie. Tail drop sound better IMO.

youtu.be/rXFWXuHZd_M
Here's a decent one into a bank.

>What motion do you do with your front foot in shove its
N o t h i n g
Pop with the inside of your back foot, rolling from ankle to toe; bend your back knee and place your back foot on the back truck

Attached: giphy.webm (415x233, 1.06M)

Tail Drop it is. Yes, I will be doing shit like that soon.

Post the coolest skate vid from 2019.

Attached: hicks2.jpg (425x591, 88K)

Nice

Attached: hacker skater.png (581x398, 314K)

I know OP says you are never too old, but I have never even tried and at 25 I feel like I am too old. Should I try anyways? I am really itching on picking up some sporty new hpbby and blades are waaay expensive.
Why are completes shit? Every store around here stocks mostly Powell Peralta completes, are they good? Aren't completes a better beginner choice, and upgrade as needed?

I visited the local store and the guy really tried to talk me out of trying at my age, trying to push the surfskate for fun meme on me. The only interesting piece of advice he had for me is "start a bit wider, 8.25 till you learn and go back to 8 when you are more confident", is there any merit to that?

Basado

Scratch the completes question. Looks like ordering high class parts from the glorious US of A would cost me less than a shit tier complete locally.

What the hell is surfskate? That dude can eat shit. I'm almost 27 and I started skating a month ago, and I'm figuring it out. The biggest thing I've learned so far is: I'm over complicating a lot of it, You figure most of the basics of riding automatically. After a quick how to on stopping and pushing, you should ride around for a while until you're ready to try ollies then look up a video and get after that.

The only thing that would hold you back agewise is going you're muscles/tendons are probably weak so you're balance might be shit, but that problem fixes itself through riding.

Attached: 1543610139511.jpg (654x560, 26K)

Posts like yours are actually what I was looking for. Personal accounts of "I did it at pushing 30 and it's working out slowly". Thanks, amigo

I'm 34 but skated for 2 years in middle school. I still haven't picked up a board because I'm still wondering if its worth the risk of injury.

the thing with skateboarding that I remember is you have to be 100% ok with falling or you'll make no progress. Even when you're good its basically a count down to the next significant injury unless you wear all the pads.

This is probably what that guy had in mind. He imagines you failing to learn an ollie for weeks if not months, making a small amount of progress and then falling wrong and breaking your wrist or fucking up your knee or ankle.

If you want to get into it, buy pads and a helmet imo. this is my own advice I'm going to follow if I decide to take the plunge. it's really a shame skateboarding is so connected to fashion and looking cool. If it was "normal" for middle aged dudes to load up on pads and go skateboarding I'd be into it. Instead I'm weighing in my mind looking like a cringy boomer and kind of hoping in 2 weeks I'll laugh at myself for even considering buying a skateboard again. Maybe I just like flipping through catalogues of gear like an austismo more than I would like skating.

/blogpost

Attached: boom.jpg (633x640, 51K)

I am blessed with a blatant disregard for how I look. I wear cargo shorts for the abundance of pockets, FFS. I already got a GF. I already decided I am going full gear, shame gear is something you need to measure so I gotta buy at the local cutthroat prices.

>"start a bit wider, 8.25 till you learn and go back to 8 when you are more confident", is there any merit to that?
That is fucking retarded advice. You can get used to ANY set-up if you skate it for long enough. Yes, starting at 8.25 is decent enough advice, but baby stepping to smaller boards is unnecessary. If he at all tried to talk you out of skating then he is not doing his fucking job. This is why I hate dealing with the jamokes at the skateshops, they're all stupid as fuck.
I'm 30 and have been skating since 1999, you are never too old to start or keep skating. Anyone who says otherwise are unmotivated losers. Yes, you get more sore when you finish skating and yes it will get more and more taxing to your body... But keep in mind a lot of pros are aged 20-35. You're good bro just buy a board and focus solely on cruising around and getting comfortable with your board. Never chince on the fundamentals, master them.

Thanks, bruh. Man, can't wait for next month's reserve's service and paycheck now. If I don't talk myself out of it, I am probably ordering a custom from skatewarehouse.com Are they reliable? I just need someone with international shipping and reliable.

>The only thing that would hold you back agewise is going you're muscles/tendons are probably weak so you're balance might be shit

boomer here again. dudes play basketball and go skiing and shit well into their 50s. skateboarding isn't physically any more demanding so if you stretch and don't go too hard it's no big deal. UFC fighters physical prime is like 30.

the age issue is really all about falling. that's the main reason skateboarding is a young mans game.

youtube.com/watch?v=LFAEJsmKL1M

The difference being, those people have been doing it for years, starting is tough. Considering I am not shooting for Tony Hawking over halfpipes and down stairwells, I am not concerned. I know I will have my fair share of pratfalls but I am not planning on doing anything extra risky.

Never purchased through them, but only because everything is in USD, and I can buy cheaper at the local shops. I have to tolerate zoomer shop rats going "suuuhhhhh duuuude what can I do for youuuu?" but hey can't beat the price. I heard good things about skatewarehouse though, if it is any consolation. And user from a year or two ago got a free deck shipped to him because his order was super late.

> local better than international
Lucky you. Here in Jewland anything without an official importing company gets pricegouged by the stores (bidyagames, musical instruments, sports goods, you name it)

Kind of a gay answer, and it's definitely not the only reason, but part of it is I'd want to seem cool to my past self.
If 12 year old me (24 now), came forward in the future and saw what I was like today, I'd want him to think I turned out cool. I wouldn't want to be some loser that gave up on skateboarding and doing other things I like to spend all my time working at my boring job.
I don't really care about what other people think, since I only skateboard at night when nobody is around, but I do partially skateboard for the cool factor, even if it's just for myself.

Started at 29, age doesn’t matter.

OP here, I literally started at 25 myself.
I was just trying to ollie three hours ago.

youtu.be/HEKqcTi4cDI

Is this a good setup to get for a beginner? I "chose" most of it by hitting autocomplete on the website.

Attached: asdfg.png (885x627, 92K)

I'd recommend 99A wheels, otherwise you're golden

Oh and super reds are unnecessary, just get plain old reds

this
idk about this

Any recommendations for a specific set? Or would any 99as work?

I mean, I heard 101 could be a bit too hard for a first timer, innit? Sticky even recommends 96-98?

What site is this?

skatewarehouse.com

idk 99 or 101 doesn't really matter too much when you're starting out. soft wheels are great for cruising but I'd just get some spitfires that look cool

99 is my personal preference. Anything harder than that is only any good for a pristine skate park. 96-98 sounds like good advice.

If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of a skate shop going out of business.

Man, all spitfires look cool.
Shame they only come in 99 and up, or 84 and down

Why are more expensive bearings a waste? Do super reds not buy 12 dollars of value?

I posted above, the local shops price gouge for a lack of official importing firms. I am talking more for a shitty complete than p. good parts all the way from USA

Attached: sdagsdag.png (814x649, 90K)

perfect setup. now go to a skate shop and buy it

>Do super reds not buy 12 dollars of value?
Correct. Put those 12 dollars toward another set of soft wheels. Sounds like I'm being sarcastic but I have 80hd chargers as well as normal 99a, I cruise to the spot, I swap them there, I flub ollies for hours. Still sounds stupid I guess but it's comfy as hell.

What's one part I should definitely splurge on if I get an extra 20-30 bucks to spend. Trucks because they serve the longest?

don't you have a bike?
I mean I have a cruiser setup now with soft wheels but when I started, I pushed all day every day on shitty concrete with hard ass bones 100s. made me really fucking humble to skate parks and plazas. couldn't even do an ollie or a 180 kickturn, just pushed everywhere pushed uphill pushed downhill ate shit but kept pushing. with 52mm 100 duro wheels. when you're learning to skate, it's important that you fucking get out there, push, learn to love the hard plastic, the sound and the feel of the cracks and stones rumbling under you and the feeling of motion. fuck this wheel swapping gay bullshit, just push

buy that setup, set it up and go fucking push

I got an entire month until that check, dude. Might as well think well so I don't regret.

You have my respect, but at the same time fuck you I'm gonna make my time pushing as pleasant as possible. I got them soft wheels precisely because I wanted to spend as much time on the board as possible, which would mean using it to get to work, which would mean not wanting to rattle through town twice a day making if feel like my fucking feet are gonna fall off. I'm not gonna power through shitty as riding experience just to be validated in front of some bum on a mongolian noodles forum.

Buy yourself a couple of beers.

Yeah it fucking sucks being an adult. I actually with that my OJs would have a bit leeway so I could have a pleasant cruise and be able to do some tricks but we'll have to see about that. My 139 indy 99a spitfire setup is def gonna be my main board this summer

I'm gonna say it soft wheels are crazy underrated. I know it earns you street cred to ride louder than a fire truck but I see older dudes with popsicle decks and cruiser wheels all the time and I've realized that people end up knowing better after a while. I've gor nothing to prove I'm just trying to get places and have fun doing it.

Spitfire Formula Fours 99a or 101a doesn't matter both are top notch and will last you a very very long time.

I'll say this though, it's kind of annoying when people can't hear me coming up behind them and don't step aside.

Does wheel shape and width make a big difference? All these options are making my head spin and I am coming from a "build a pc" mindset where small things can make hella difference

>Does wheel shape and width make a big difference?
No, not really. I fully understand your need to min-max but you'll be fine. Either way you won't learn what your preferences are until you try different setups.

Eh, in the beginning they may feel a little glassy untill they get nice and crusty. The wheel will get wider as time goes by and more material is scraped off. This'll make the wheels feel grippier since there is more contact with the ground, if that makes sense?

Aight, thank you and thanks everyone in this thread who answered questions, I'll probably order set of parts next month, and maybe a set of soft wheels to spare if I have the cash after the cash I'll have to drop on safety gear.I'll probably build it on my own. Free building service is nice, but I wanna feel the process.

Fuck me fellas went for a weekend skate for the first time in 3 years and think I just fixed my depression. Buying a new setup tomorrow.

>busted a bearing in brazil like two months ago
>back home
>still haven't replaced them
where the hell did they put my hardware? I'm too lazy to search around

I started at 25 and were able to progress far more than every time before that I touched a board.

It's all about dedication.

In short, read the OP.

>tfw can't go back to when I was 10 and force myself to start skating because I actually had hours and hours a day to spare
I could have been ripping now

binland weather finally starting to get it's shit together. skated for 2 hours at the plaza, got home and thinking about just going outside and trying to get some ollies over a board.

plaza is fucking neat. our town built a new summer theater and actually consulted local skaters for what kind of stuff to put in there. there is couple of nice curbs, a manny pad and the stage has a 4 stair I think and some nice rails

I'm more of a tranny guy myself so I was super pissed off that I couldn't ollie on the small little manny pad so that's why I'm thinking about doing some ollies over a board so I can get my pop right. back foot issues.

Based

>been wondering why the ankle on my pushing leg hurts
>literally last push of the session and it dawns on my that this whole time I've been pushing with my foot at an outward angle like an idiot instead of completely parallel to the board
>figure it must also waste pushing power because vectors aren't adding up
>figure it must also contribute to my occasional imbalance
I'm not feeling too smart right now

I'm 27, and I suddenly have an urge to skate again having not touched a board for over a decade.

34 and the same

>not one thing about bamboo skateboards
>not one thing about the dkl rubber griptape
the most cost effective setup with no drawbacks and no one is talking about it

>shoes last months longer
>pop is the same
>takes longer to set up because its rubber and not griptape
>cant darkslide
forgot about the darkslide part but id say its worth it not having to buy shoes every 2 months

todo: back lip 270

Attached: fblunt.webm (960x540, 981K)

maybe: back lip front shuv

Attached: board50.webm (960x540, 1.64M)

>plaza is fucking neat. our town built a new summer theater and actually consulted local skaters for what kind of stuff to put in there
Wish my city would do that instead of skatestopping everything

I spent months trying to learn how to ollie, and I decided I should take a step down and try learning how to do a boneless. Dumb question but when I step back on the board, should my back foot get on before my front foot? I'm not confident yet to do the jump, so I'm just stepping back on.

Who is this?

Didrik Galasso

Based fellow norwegian

the real issue is how to replace urethane with an enviromentally friendly alternative

also making it quieter for street skating

No.

Worn shoes on grip tape feels better. Rubber none abrasive grip is
>gay
>slippery when wet
>impossible to get clean cut edges

Fuck bamboo buy a lib tech cockroach deck or Powell flight deck from a shop if you want a deck that doesn't die.

What are soft wheels?

Do shuv its first. It's cooler looking but not hard. It'll make ollieing easier to learn, and will lead to pop shuvs

ive saved money from not having to buy shoes as often and since i like to caress my board waifu i dont mind constantly mending the fraying edges which fucking suck and is an easy fix dkl please. also i like the bamboo board shape from these guys bambooskateboards.com/ and this is all because of money issues. this isnt my dream setup but its pretty close and not expensive and it lasts a decent amount of time for how much i skate. as for the soft wheels i meant it kept the properties of the softness/hardness but it was just quieter

I'll give shuv its a try then. I appreciate the advice

Nice

things are always harder than i imagine. this is as close as i got. maybe i'll just happen to get it in the future but i don't feel like trying anymore. gotta work on transition

Attached: WVNI2921.webm (640x480, 362K)

Attached: backlip270.webm (854x480, 491K)

what i've been watching lately

Attached: nblender.webm (640x480, 824K)

Attached: nblender-2.webm (630x480, 1.08M)

this line is crazy

Attached: ohowell.webm (720x480, 2.05M)

Canadian actually, just started following him on Insta.

it's kind of ironic how in this clip he makes fun of the whole "street skater" concept,when years later street skaters became so technical and dominant and ended up making fun the exact same way of people who got inspired by Blender.

also mega ironic, as this was in the 2000s.

Now go watch his clips from 1990 and 1991.

I got turf toe from stumbling off the board about a month ago, and it has yet to heal. I laid off the board for about 3 weeks but I got impatient and starting riding again because this is a bullshit injury and doesn't even affect my gait. my foot has been a felt a bit worse but the level of "worse" has felt consistent. Does anyone have experience with this shit? am I fine to skate through the moderate discomfort? or am I one bad push away from wrecking my foot.

Attached: 1555279653137.jpg (1223x1573, 447K)

>or am I one bad push away from wrecking my foot
Always, even when you're healthy