Would you watch?

Ok, so just like professional wrestling, there are characters who, in the lead up to the match, shit talk their opponents, talk all big, etc. To add, let's have these characters have more in common with theatrical/fantasy personalities like Goldust, Papa Shango, Doink the Clown, etc. Big emphasis on costumes.

Everything is just like WWE, etc. except until the moment before opponents enter the ring. It is then that they shed their costumes and begin an MMA match. So the fighting is real, like MMA, and the story lines are formed based on the outcome of the fight.

Fans of pro wrestling would like it due to the story lines and stuff.

MMA fans would like it because other factors besides the combat shouldn't take away from enjoying the fighting.

What do you think? Pic unrelated

Attached: 19145863_10158699329245562_1258086618477369874_n.jpg (900x960, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_Brawl_for_All
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds like Dragon ball

What the fuck do you think PRIDE was?

>everything is just like wwe
so i can jump my opponent five on one the night before a real fight and beat him half to death before the bout?

I mean, PRIDE didn't really have costumes or anything, you know? It didn't have Beaver Man or Dog Man or any of that sorta shit. This would have that plus story lines and all that.

that's a cartoon though, no?

no lol

Attached: 1398bd46326cdb3af01d243fa014ccf0.jpg (564x568, 44K)

Pancrase

wait so you're saying this is already a thing? Theatrical MMA?

Attached: 72c575dc9acd37edd9151fae706280f8.jpg (554x614, 79K)

Actually sounds incredibly based, have a stable of wizards that train in the same mma camp
It will eventually happen, with grotesque shit like Bareknuckle boxing being a decent success. Only thing is it’s even carnier than indie wrestling and socially accepted people tend to naturally be repelled by carnie shit

I wish actual MMA fighters had wackier personas, but the whole drama thing doesn't work out the same because of mismatches and randomness and the fact that MMA fighters can only fight a few times per year.

>It didn't have Beaver Man or Dog Man or any of that sorta shit
>Beaver Man or Dog Man

Attached: bmdm.png (732x456, 557K)

lol irl at "carnie shit"

yea, I'm bored with MMA the last buncha years. I liked it back in the early 90s when there weren't proper weight classes and sometimes people would have to fight multiple times a night. Plus it indeed was, actually mixed martial arts vs. what it is now which is basically just like, one style. Back then, the specific fighting styles were easily recognizable during a fight.

haha this is what I'm saying! Fuck it, I'm adding something else to the rules of employment: you can't use your normal speaking voice when on camera. This includes not only just pre fight interviews and stuff but also while inside the ring (like, after the fight is over and you're talking to Joe Rogan) You have to speak like your character.

Your attempt at pro wrestling style MMA would end up like the WWE brawl for all unfortunately.
I think maybe they could instead have a style of wrestling that looked closer to 90's MMA now that we have a good idea of what such fights look like.

Attached: TommyWWE.jpg (1851x305, 82K)

> I think maybe they could instead have a style of wrestling that looked closer to 90's MMA now that we have a good idea of what such fights look like.

that would indeed look kinda neat...

> WWE brawl for all
wait so, was this like, /actual/, real fighting in WWF at one point?

Attached: 80s-heroes-as-the-justice-league.jpg (710x659, 90K)

LOL WWE is going to be shown on FOX in October?? The same FOX channel I watch with Tucker, Hannity, etc.?

>wait so, was this like, /actual/, real fighting in WWF at one point?

Attached: zoomer.gif (480x480, 2.67M)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_Brawl_for_All

Check it out, it was a clusterfuck. Dan Severn dropped out because he knew it was stupid. Steve Blackman dropped out because he got injured. Nobody else could fight that well. Some guy (Bart Gunn, 1-1 pro boxer) they hated won it even though he offered to take a dive, so they sent Butterbean to knock him out then fired him.

So basically Chikara

Err, Gunn wasn't a pro boxer. But he knew how to fight for some reason, can't remember why.

>Dan Severn

Funny, I pitched this idea of "TMMA" to Dan once and it honestly went over his head. He couldn't (rightfully so, I'll admit, because the concept is so insanely stupid and jackass'ish). He thought I was talking about kayfabe MMA like was talking about:
> "style of wrestling that looked closer to 90's MMA"

yea but Chikara still isn't MMA or actual fighting though

Attached: 260ea1ef9bdb07e7e8f4a86ea8d10741.jpg (564x443, 56K)

Have you ever seen a UFC fight that looked like complete dogshit? Like Starnes/Quarry but not being funny enough to remember?
Even the shittiest UFC fighters are actually really fucking good at MMA. You don't want to see a bunch of bad fighters fighting each other.

> Have you ever seen a UFC fight that looked like complete dogshit? Like Starnes/Quarry but not being funny enough to remember

I mean, I've certainly seen very boring fights. Is that what you're talking about?

Attached: 1e2bc2223cf761843513930bce420989--bret-michaels-dodge-challenger.jpg (325x475, 33K)