Older guy, here. I watched wrestling back in the Attitude era and loved it. I stopped watching around 2003 or so...

Older guy, here. I watched wrestling back in the Attitude era and loved it. I stopped watching around 2003 or so. What I want to know is how is reception of current WWE stuff compared to the late 90's-early 2000's?
I watched a bit of Wrestlemania last night and the state of that company seems vastly different than how it was back then. How is the wrestling? Is it any good? Are the storylines any good? Should I even try to get back in?

Attached: WWF_Logo_1998____4bfd1680025b1.jpg (1200x800, 64K)

>Are the storylines any good?

There is barely any storylines. Everything just revolves around "I am going to beat you!"

Don't watch it. They got rid of the sex and violence.
I made this mistake last year. The only thing worth watching is the eye candy that is known as Mandy Rose. The wrestling is shit, the writing is shit, the characters are shit and the divas are shit.

Attached: Mandy 0001.jpg (1200x800, 131K)

it's terrible and SJWish

Go back

WWE is not consistent with storylines but fun to watch. They bring back older wrestlers especially when they go to Saudi Arabia. Smackdown and nxt are the better shows

Its worse now than its ever been at any point in history, including 94/95. I watched on and off until CM Punk gave a glimmer of hope with his run up until he left. I was at the Royal Rumble in Pittsburgh that Batista won and after that show I remember wondering what a company that makes these kind of booking decisions would look like in 5 years but I never could have imagined the Roman situation and where we are now with the sjw pandering.

The old wwf/e you knew is long gone. Everything is pretty much different now and worse desu.

Another old fag here. Just watch the four big PPVs every year. You'll be happier. It couldn't be more shit if you were an Attitude Era fan. They removed all the cool stuff to appease stock holders.

You say vastly different but actually it has changed slowly for ten years, extremely slowly for the last five years. Five years after you stopped watching, everything changed overnight due to the Cena-Obama-Bieber communist movement taking over the West.

>How is the wrestling? Is it any good?

The Bieber-Obama-Cena revolution could not completely eliminate greatness in WWE. There's still some parts to really enjoy, whole other parts are really (really really) horrific, especially for anyone who is a pre-Cena-Obama-Bieber fan (most people). One big problem over the last three years: the only moves are finishers.

Everything seems scripted and phony now. However, they acknowledge the fans' reactions now, and they're almost part of it. Which is not necessarily good, because numales fans have pushed out the old-school ones.

>Should I even try to get back in?

To follow it week by week like a TV show? No. To go back and watch or rewatch classic stuff while occasionally watching stuff now? Yes.

That's a shame. That was a lot of the appeal of the late 90's wrestling.
Yeah, I've read things about it being too PG.
Well, I noticed that the main event last night was a women's triple threat match, so I could see that.
That era of wrestling really was something else. I've been rewatching a lot of the older stuff and it's great.

>They removed all the cool stuff to appease stock holders.

Nah, creative is just full of marks and they're too lazy to do bunch of pretapes and vignettes to push story narratvies throughout RAW.

not only that there isn't a single person on the roster under 30 with an ounce of charisma that can cut even the most basic promo

If you want a "situation report", try watching something the YouTube channel SmarkBusters reviewed and then watch their review, which is from a 'witnessing these changes from the Attitude Era' perspective. Although their earlier videos are better than their later ones.

That sounds cool. I'll do that. Thanks.

It is irredeemable shit and the only reason to watch is to cringe and laugh at how bad it has truly gotten a
The fans tonight are going to be absolutely horrible and make this one especially bad

This. Only shitposting makes it bearable.

Everything is terrible on a scale without comparison. Its worse than WCW 2000.

Even NXT is losing some of its magic, and with many staple stars in the dev roster either out on injury or called up to RAW and Smackdown, I'm worried they will be unable to recapture the lightning in a bottle they have held onto since 2015.

With that being said, there are still some hillarious moments, and one thing that makes it great is how much fun we all have taking the piss out of it.

Attached: 1554701513823.jpg (1062x568, 42K)

fucking kek, that shit was stupid.

>How is the wrestling? Is it any good?
it's good except it;s PG.

no

>Should I even try to get back in?
no

Older guy, please watch NXT

Attached: or4eqgtvfko01.jpg (5400x7200, 2.81M)

cringe

the story lines are kind of all over the place, and they seem to have a lot of trouble sticking to ONE wrestler. But it's still really fun to watch, the wrestling style has gotten A LOT more entertaining since the attitude era, you have a lot of people trying new things and implementing a lot of foreign styles (A lot of Lucha and Japan dudes have been getting big)

I don’t know a human being under 30 who has charisma. We are talking about an entire generation that came of age with text messaging and emojis. The kids today can’t even carry a conversation, and if you disagree with them on even something small they will disown you. People want 24/7 echo chambers

>Cirque du soleii in the ring
Cringe

>people are unironically doing grandpa-tier posts on Yea Forums/nel regularly now
Just nuke this site already ffs

worked by a shoot