Reminder that wrestling has no stars

Reminder that wrestling has no stars.

Attached: 1532782442055.jpg (443x332, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1BsBIYgQnXr
gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2002-ratings/
youtube.com/watch?v=taHNcXcjXR0
youtube.com/watch?v=SIaLZtBamXc
youtube.com/watch?v=13Gq5rwoDyk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

save us hulkster

I showed my girlfriend this match and she couldn't stop laughing

>Handicap match
is this the one where Nash tears his quad?

3/5 stars in that pic

Dude in the background looks like he rapes niggers.

>giving a guaranteed money maker away on tv

Umm no you dumb zoomer. As you can see Hogan is with the nwo meaning before his face turn. Nash tears his quad when he was demoted to jobber status on raw.

Right, because we all know the flow of a storyline on RAW from 15 years ago.

joke going clean over your head in a squash burial, simp

You're a dense as Vince McMahon.

just to remind you:

this was the main event of raw just because WWE HAD TO beat WCW in the ratings every week

after the monday night wars there were never main events on raw like this again

Wat

This was after the Monday night wars

Rock, Austin, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and Hulk Hogan was the ME of Raw because
>WWE HAD TO beat WCW in the ratings every week

Attached: 1506700055412.png (645x729, 51K)

>Austin was okay with giving this match away on tv but wouldnt wrestle brock on tv

Holy fucking autism

based fuck these clueless smarks

This was the beginning of the end. He was SEETHING about working Hall in the midcard even though he was offered the Hogan match first and turned it down.

>there was a period in 2002 where the active roster consisted of Hogan, Austin, Rock, HHH, Y2J, Angle, Taker, RVD, Mr. Perfect, The Outsiders, Tic Flair and DDP

>storylines were still shit
>ratings still continued to plummet

Yeah, wow what a golden age that was.

>Hogan, Austin, Rock, Angle, The Outsiders, Tic Flair and DDP

Based

>HHH, Y2J, Taker, RVD, Mr. Perfect

Cringe

Attached: ClffTI5VEAEyiqp.png (1024x719, 439K)

2002 WWE was great dude. Bunch of great PPVs from that year

Not true, ratings started going down after that year's Mania when they did the brand split and all the stars left in a few months span

Nash was actually the replacement for STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN and was going to co-headline SummerSlam 2002 against Triple H.

The reason Kevin Nash tore his torn left quadricep muscle is because writer Brian Gewirtz pushed for Kevin Nash’s return to help boost ratings after Steve Austin "took his ball & went home" after refusing to do a job Brock Lesnar.

Nash, didn’t know he was scheduled to wrestle until arriving at that arena that Monday afternoon. Before the match, Nash complained about being put in the match, saying that he hadn’t wrestled in three months & now they were throwing him on TV on short notice and no warm-up matches on house shows. He wasn't even medically cleared to return from his ruptured bicep tendon.

Nash also didn’t even have his ring gear with him, so he had Disco Inferno go to his condo to get his ring gear sent out on the next flight but he didn't send Nash's knee brace. Nash ended up wrestling without his knee brace. Had Nash had several days warning, it doesn’t mean he would have necessarily done days of therapeutic stretches to get ready for his match, but it might have made a difference.

Gewirtz was said to be quiet backstage after the injury & there is heat on him for pushing Nash into the match on Monday without giving him any notice. Vince McMahon was said to look shaken and apologised to Nash saying he would make it up to him. Nash flew to Birmingham, Alabama the next day & met with Dr. James Andrews to schedule a surgery.

Nash was 42 years old when he suffered the injury & it was potentially career ending but he busted his ass for almost nine months to return to the ring from an injury which a 33 year-old man struggled to come back from - and he got no credit whatsoever, no hype, no return promos, no soppy U2 "Beautiful Day" music videos.

But like I always say, I'd rather tear at quad at 42 years old then have a heart attack at 38 years old...

Attached: vanilla dead midgets.jpg (600x634, 108K)

*ahem* vocaroo.com/i/s1BsBIYgQnXr

Attached: 1553291460086.jpg (815x585, 346K)

big daddy bitch

Attached: 456456888.jpg (650x440, 92K)

Yeah, I remember Disco telling that story on Russo's cast and how he found weird long black objects in his closet

Attached: 8798779898778.jpg (160x240, 10K)

*cough*

>Deadie Cuckuerrero
said Nash was "evil" *dies*
>Doink the Clown
talked shit about Nash *dies*
>Ultimate Warrior
talked shit about Nash *dies*
>Roddy Piper
lies about getting punked out by Nash *dies*
>Samoa Joe
slapped by Nash and *cries*

Attached: 1554705293087.jpg (740x880, 97K)

Didn't this completely fail to boost ratings? I recall the reunion being labeled a dud because all it did was increase buy rate for no way out while stagnating tv ratings and live show attendance

You would if you had been there watching 15 years ago, zoomer scum.

Shitty talking point, nWo were together for two months and sold the most merch and DID boost ratings, ratings went down after Mania when they were split up

They boosted literally one episode of SD

Why was The Hukster the most over during this time period? ...brother

See how the ratings fall as soon as they are split up - ohnonononono gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2002-ratings/

Blaming the usual post WM lull on your boyfriend oh no no no

See how they didn't move the needle when they signed ooh no no no

See how the nWo was over but not thr members oh no no no no you just fucked your own talking point

>ohnonononono
You're using that meme wrong.

>NWO only pulled in around 100k to Raw and 600k in ONE episode of SD
Kek, not a good look.

There was only interest in Mania that year cuz of the nWo members, try harder sweetie

Yeah, but wrestling was dead by that point anyway

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1554688586319.jpg (392x470, 38K)

>the nWo members
Literally just Hogan, if you want to pull that shit. Nash didn't even have a match and they played down the Hall/Austin match because they were sure he was going to no show, being a drunken loser n all.

He was seething because he was gonna lose. Hogan would put Rock over because Hollywood, he wouldn't put Austin over. Austin was right.

Hall/Austin was an over match though, compare the reaction to that to Hunter/Jericho's dead match

It was barely promoted in the lead up.

Only one guy in this picture is a star.

All that tells me is the Outsiders couldn't draw in 2002.

except for sell shirts and sell out arenas? Go to bed Phil

WolfChadTV just talked about this.

Business (attendance, merch, huge PPV buys) went up because of nWo. Ratings were stagnant but did go up slightly including drawing 5.0 ratings which was last time they would ever do them. After they killed off nWo and done the brand extension about 6 - 8 weeks later their business collapsed to shocking levels.I think they were doing low 3 ratings by end of the year.

Attached: 3like.png (583x578, 69K)

wrong pic!

Attached: merch.png (630x643, 76K)

Why are you posting screengrabs of my Twitter account on this shithole?

not true

Hall vs. Austin was pushed HARD and was a featured angle on every Raw and SmackDown leading up to mania in order to sell the ppv

18+ if you think otherwise

youtube.com/watch?v=taHNcXcjXR0

youtube.com/watch?v=SIaLZtBamXc

Hogan & Rock vs. Hall & Nash match, which drew the peak rating of a 5.8. It was the highest rated match on Raw since a 6.25 for Rock vs. Shane McMahon in Rock's first Raw match back on 8/6

youtube.com/watch?v=13Gq5rwoDyk

Attached: haha.jpg (650x478, 46K)

so Nash and Hall drew biggest rating for WWE in 9 months? BASED

Damn, that was legit an anime IRL match.

Where did it all go wrong?

Attached: 4145516-5307405991-41e5f.jpg (500x363, 48K)

holy basedola

Why the fuck was Hall given Austin instead of Nash?

Seriously? Other than SummerSlam, No Mercy and MAYBE Survivor Series, PPV's in 2002 were absolute shit.

>Austin was right.
Cringe. Anyone who isn't a mark would consider it an honor to put the Hulkster over. Austin is a fake tough guy and a total faggot.

They let manlets in the business.