*Does absolutely nothing notable on the biggest weekend in all of wrestling in your path*

*Does absolutely nothing notable on the biggest weekend in all of wrestling in your path*

Okay? Honestly, what did ANY of them do? Like, they couldn't have a cool meetup with fans in New York City or something? Maybe Kenny could've appeared at the Garden or something or they could've appeared on the many Indie shows going on that weekend?

Seriously, what gives? I'm an AEW fan but they're quickly losing buzz and that's not good at all. I get that next month will be huge for them but man... I expected something more this weekend from them.

Attached: AEW.png (1024x800, 270K)

I lost trust when they didn't announce a TV deal. They're nothing until they announce a deal.

My understanding is that Tony Khan paid them big money to not go to NY this weekend so they don't look like they're piggybacking off of WWE.

They make Youtube videos that they published every Monday

they made it clear beforehand that they were leaving this weekend alone because it's WWE's weekend
if they had done something, people here would be bitching about that too

JR said they have a deal

Attached: 1548679646654.jpg (624x318, 36K)

In over their heads and irrelevant.

they really are the Young KEKS

So what? New Japan Pro Wrestling didn't have that mentality and they were rewarded with a sold out Madison Square Garden, a show that received mostly positive feedback (ALL of the criticism was on ROH and not NJPW) and Tanahashi, Ibushi, Naito and Okada all received the loudest ovations of their entire careers. They all got some love.

What exactly would AEW be losing by running a show when there are 80,000 people in the area?

Attached: G1 stage.png (900x1200, 2.26M)

>biggest weekend in all of wrestling

That got moved to the May 25th weekend. :)

BASED

BASED BIG DOG

Attached: 1534998342807.jpg (299x533, 39K)

They’d be losing legitimacy by running under a competitors wing. No japan looks bush league for piggybacking off of WM. Zero chance they would’ve sold out if it wasn’t WM weekend.

damn mike myers what happened

I’m a OwlChad. And it breaks me that Impact is nothing but another Indy running satellite shows to mania. If AEW wants to be taken seriously they have the right idea. If you ignore the tranny’

BBDWTOS

This is about send a message. If you want to be a serious competitor, you can´t be another little fed trying to get some WWE crumbs.

Imagine WCW trying to get some heat in the WM weekend.They would have automatically become a bad joke in accepting WWE's supremacy.

New Japan has the same mentality, and only ran this weekend because it was MSG. They probably won't run WM weekend next year, but also aren't opposed to letting their wrestlers work for other promotions during WM weekend.

They literally went to the ROH War of the Worlds show last year during mania weekend.

They don't need Vince's pity rub. They want to prove they can do it all on their own.

That was ROH. If NJPW was out of the deal (like they're fucking wishing to be most likely right now) they would've waited for DoN.

DoN and Starrcast it's big enough.

I'm glad NJPW got to run MSG, but frankly, I would've much preferred it to have been by themselves at some other point in the year because doing it this weekend with RoH just had a shitton of baggage.

Did you watch that show? They sent guys there but they were clearly not treating it like a big show, Omega fucking sleepwalked through his match with Cody and rightfully so, given the dumbass finish they came up with.

>My understanding is that Tony Khan paid them big money to not go to NY this weekend so they don't look like they're piggybacking off of WWE.

Then he is a moron.

I don't care how or why I get paid, as long as I do. They missed out on big money this weekend for no real reason at all.

Imagine bragging about selling a show during WWE biggest weekend.

This all started because they ran a show on their own, completely separate from WWE's schedule and it fuckin' worked. Why would they start letting WWE dictate their schedule now when the whole point of this is that they got this far by doing their own thing?

is this a new level of anti smarkism?