Haven't watched wwe in a year. why is kofi suddenly such a hot property?

haven't watched wwe in a year. why is kofi suddenly such a hot property?

Attached: kofi-kingston-wwe-smackdown-live-results-championship-match.jpg (1200x1200, 143K)

Because he's black.

Seriously, it came out of nowhere. Two months ago he was the exact same nothing member of a joke team that he was last year. The only thing that changed is he's black and Bryan wanted to give him the belt because Bryan is a cuck.

obviously that's the reason wwe did it. but why is the audience behind him? you could say the same old tired "the audience are nu-males", but a forced black champion has never worked before. why did it work now?

Because the audience is nu-males. You yourself mentioned that you stopped watching this past year. I'm willing to bet it had something to do with the product, probably involved all the women's matches, etc. The only people who watch wrestling now are hardcore nu-males.

Cause they actually did a proper push and it’s one of only two stories that had any sort of build tonight.

Mustafa Ali was supposed to get the push as the young guy you would never expect to main event Mania. Then he got injured and they went with Kofi as the old guy you would never expect to main event Mania. The biggest loser nerd in all of this is Mustafa Ali.

>vanilla midget
>spot monkey
>doesn't even lift
lol he only gets the strap cause they couldn't find a better black for the job

SOS /pol/ be SEETHING
SOS white bois be crying

he is black

New Day has unironically been one of the top merch draws for years and have been tag champs forever so they felt like giving one of them a singles run, and Big E and Xavier have too much respect for Kofi because he's been there forever so they gave the run to him.

People just wanted to see a "full black" man win the WWE's crown jewel belt.
Yes, The Rock was WWE champ but he was half-Samoan and he seems to rep his Samoan roots more in real life than his black side, so black wrestling fans only barely count him as a "black WWE champion"
And no, the World Heavyweight Big Gold belt doesn't count. They already know Booker T and Mark Henry won that. They wanted a black man to hold the same belt that was held by the top wrestling stars of the 80s and 90s. WWE's Big Gold belt only came out on the 2000s and has since been retired so it's not nearly as prestigious in terms of lineage
That's why this Kofi thing was such a big deal to some people. Not so much for Kofi himself (even though people like him enough to want to see him win the belt whether he deserved it or not)

because New Day segments were literally the only watchable thing on Smackdown or RAW for over a year, so it was only a matter of time before they slithered their way into the main event through sheer osmosis and weight of inevitability.

Yes they were, and still are cringe, but at-least they evoke SOME emotional response at all. I'll take cringe over yawn any day of the week.

Attached: image.jpg (300x168, 11K)

>proper push
You wot mate?

Booking innit

The smark audience needed a new flavor of the month to get behind, so they chose Kofi

people are tired of trump america

Ali was getting a megapush but got injured. Kofi stood in for him. Smackdown creative are lazy fucking niggers, so instead of changing anything they just kept the exact same booking instead of making any changes to account for Ali being out of the picture. Kofi got a favorable response so they called an audible and rolled with it.

This.

m8 Kofi's been over since his first BOOM BOOM BOOM
About time he got something

his run to the elimination chamber

because he has legitimate babyface fire that people can buy into, which is an absolute rarity in this day and age

based retard anons.

anyways. kofi came in white hot and got squashed by orton due to orton being a diva faggot. he was positioned to get a title shot but it never happened amongst other things..

The New Day were a thriving island in the sea of shit that was WWE for years, and after Kofi got Ali's spot in the Elimination Chamber people were impressed seeing what he could do and wanted him to finally win the big one.

So many people are overlooking this.

When I saw Ali was in the Elimination Chamber I about died of shock and disgust. I wished for anything to ensure he wouldn't get a push. Wish was granted and I threw my monkey paw in the trash.

Would the crowd have gotten behind Ali like they did Kofi. Likely. But Ali woulda lost to Bryan. Now we're stuck with a transitional run with a Tag Team as champion.

I guess if it breaks up the New Gay, maybe it was worth it.

the biggest loser is Kevin Owen, Ali at best would have gotten just the Fastlane match

I think because of the schedule being what it is there's some legs to Kofi's run, and he maintains this level of fan reaction he's isn't losing the title period.

>new

But its not the same wwf championship belt anymore. I dont see any eagle on it, its not the belt Bret Hart held, its not the belt Hulk Hogan held or the rock or Steve Austin held. Its smackdowns belt, the second fiddle belt. The main belt is the raw belt.

Furthermore, if you're talking about lineage, the big gold belt technically was the nwa belt, it had far more prestige then the belt bear hug sammartino held.