"People came to see New Japan Pro Wrestling at Madison Square Garden, nobody cares about this Ring of Honor stuff."

>"People came to see New Japan Pro Wrestling at Madison Square Garden, nobody cares about this Ring of Honor stuff."
Dave burying the absolute fuck out of ROH

Attached: 8glwvabx5ejx.jpg (373x628, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JustinBarrasso/status/1114715497424150528
youtube.com/watch?v=UYZcx5DwdBk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As he should.

why would anyone defend ROH? in fact, at this point I wonder why Yea Forums doesn't act contrarian and pretend to like ROH

It's so trash that nobody pretends to like it.

He's right though

this has literally always been true, but he has been afraid to say it since the Bucks were there. Dave is a fucking coward.

I mean it's true

Between WWE giving them free promotion and ROH's unforced errors at the MSG show, AEW probably had the best night of their company last night while doing nothing at all.

Attached: Y2J.jpg (1024x704, 234K)

well for once he is right

Kenny's picture in the IWGP montage got a bigger pop than everyone in ROH combined

he's right though, ROH is literally the sex slave of WWE and NJPW.
they keep on letting themselves get fuck in the ass by WWE and NJPW all the time that I'm amazed that they still exists.

The J-Drones loved it until AEW was announced.

He's absolutely right though. The only matches from ROH that were acceptable were:

>Jeff Cobb vs Will Ospreay
>4 Way Tag
>Junior Triple threat

And they were acceptable because it wasn't just ROH guys. When you just have ROH guys the matches suck dick like:

>Rush vs Dalton Castle
>Six man tag
>Ladder match

The whole show should have been ROH & NJPW guys mixed together. Not only ROH/NJPW matches.

>Dave is a fucking coward

Dave has more balls in his mouth than you do in your entire body, you piece of shit

ROH only has a few good workers atm. And only Cobb is heavily featured.

>calling it a piss-ant company is free promotion

Are Cody marks really this fucking stupid?

Attached: bray.jpg (543x361, 25K)

>HHH gets the crowd to chant AEW at the press conference and HBK saying ALL IN
Cope

PCO got a pretty big pop

He was over already

The ladder match was based tho.

I love how Nakamura got no pop at all. He truly destroyed his career when signed to Haitch.

Whats wrong with ROH?

>Dave has more balls in his mouth
I don't think anyone ever has disputed this.

It sucks because as a guy that doesn't follow ROH I'd like to see more of PCO and Bandido and some other guys but after last night, I don't want to watch anymore. It reminded me of TNA in the early 2010s

their top stars are the Enzo and Big Cass and the Beautiful People

the 4 way tag match was really good

this. without PCO nobody would give a single fuck about scrurl or villain culb

In the US. He is still super popular in Japan for whatever reason.

They dragged a HUGE show with literal whos, shitty booking and LONG matches cutting short the JR Threeway. The last 3 matches had to come out and save the show.

Plus they worked the boys with the Enzo and Big ASS shit.

at least ROH exists, that's more than his friends company

based

What do you mean by 'they'? Isn't they working together with NJPW?
I'm pretty sure both companies know which wrestlers were supposed to appear on the show, and NJPW were okay with this.

You're forgetting also them ending the show immediately after Okada won because they ran out of time on a 5 hour show. Bravo Delirious and Bully Ray.

He's right though. Name one RoH match that was interesting? The biggest thing was the Enzo and Cass shit which they desparately pulled to remain relevent.

AEW hired a fat disgusting tranny and will give it tv time. How could they win anything?

>for whatever reason
He had excellent matches in all the biggest shows for half a decade. It's not a particularly hard mystery to crack. Also, it's no surprise Americans liked him less because his best period in 09-10, which was before New Japan got big in America.

Based
twitter.com/JustinBarrasso/status/1114715497424150528

ROH has been dependent on NJPW guys to "draw the house" for a long time now. They had a lot of opportunities, like TNA/Impact, to become real competition for WWE and completely blew it.

BASED

Not even Yea Forums could disagree with Dave on this one, ROH is an absolute wasteland right now. If NJPW partners with someone else and it's unironically dead in six months I won't be surprised.

He's just saying what everyone else is thinking

>Dave: The way I look at it is this. It's very clear from tonight that Ring of Honor is struggling badly. The loss of the Young Bucks and Cody and Adam Page and others REALLY hurt the company a lot. So they were looking for mainstream names...people who were there told me [Big Cass] was out of shape

>Let's face it, Cass didn't do SHIT ever since he left...Enzo hasn't even done a match. And Cass, aside from being tall...he didn't pan out. When they split them up, he was supposed to be the star and Enzo was supposed to go away and be the joke. As it turned out, Enzo ended up carrying the cruiserweight show, for better or for worse. And Cass just had a medium-bad feud with Daniel Bryan.

>I see why ROH would be looking like "we need some people who will sell tickets that the average fan knows, we need someone like that" - I think they may have picked the wrong guys

Attached: 1554074022799.png (319x338, 152K)

Attached: c62.jpg (546x700, 136K)

It obviously wasn't designed as promotion but each time it was brought up or joked about it got a bigger pop until there was a outright AEW chant from at least half the arena. Inadvertently made them seem like a big deal, perhaps a bigger deal than they will be, through the chants and HHH seething at them.

Cass actually looked in good shape from the video, at least by his standards.

Great job transcribing Dave's drivel.
I kinda suspect Dave's doing his best to bury ROH and push a working relations between NJPW and AEW due to his relationship with AEW

Even if he is everyone's been burying ROH since the show aired, they certainly don't need much help from him. Losing the AEW guys was a blow but they still shit the bed.

Ladder match was perfectly fine though?

Also it was weird, a bunch of the crowd were just either bored or not interested during the NJPW matches. They were on phones, looking around and not really paying much attention to what was going on.

working relationship between NJPW and AEW it's NEVER happening.

AAA involvement makes it clear

Someone have a link?

Cry /pol/ all you want, normal people will always find trannies disgusting

HHH still refuses to understand he sucks on the mic. Fucking idiot

The roh stuff is why I switched to the hof

AAA is open to working with CMLL, they are about to have a joint show at the MSG in September.

The "Enzo and Cass are actually good" shitposters are already starting.

WWE marks who had no idea what AEW is now know it not only exists, but that a Hall of Fame member is part of the roster and is a big enough deal that HHH and HBK both mentioned it at an official event. Whatever way you look at it they done fuckin goofed.

>muh /pol/ boogeyman

"boo hoo no one wants a freak with a mental disorder celebrated on tv. it must be white supremacy"

Are you actually going to give a source this time?

Did he really threw the ROH belt to the wall LMFAOO

Nobody knew about the big ass and enzo except Bully and the briscoes

I heard a pop. Granted not as big as Kenny's but still a pop.

Id be pissed if I was NJPW then. Pulling shit like that without telling the other half of a joint card is dumb as fuck.

Enzo & Cass can be bigger for ROH than the elite.

It certainly seems like GoD had no idea it was gonna happen and it certainly seems like they were super pissed off by it.

Holy fucking delusion

Even during Naito-Ibushi and Okada-White?

They were on their phones because they were trying to figure out what happened with Enzo and Cass and Bret Hart.

>peperoni nipple seizure prone lanklet and insufferable manlet can somehow prosper better than Kenny Omega

Attached: nfw.jpg (200x200, 5K)

bases

What about NJPW higher ups?

They have mainstream appeal.

Enzo is a mainstream rapper and a god on the mic.

Cass is super charismatic and someone you talk about when he enters a room. He has star power.

>Mainstream rapper
Now I know you're trolling

>having matt taven as your champion
Yikesola

No, Enzo and Cass are a bad fit with ROH, they should've gone to Impact.

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

They're probably not allowed in Canada with their legal problems

Wtf I love Tama now

bigots seething

> Dave Meltzer is a fucking moron
wow really? I never knew that.

Show me the part where he is wrong

The non-existing company already outdrew anything ROH has ever put on without relying on New Japan twice.

>Enzo is a mainstream rapper and a god on the mic.
How's living in that bubble like?

What about the other half of the equation though? You think CMLL is open to working with AAA?

>the enzo
Based Iron Sheik

What are you talking about? They made the loudest noise for those matches.

>if I just randomly say shit, it makes it true
you're not Dave Meltzer

Konnan on CMLL: " We 「AAA」 don't need them 「CMLL」we already have AEW and impact.
youtube.com/watch?v=UYZcx5DwdBk

Because ROH was the old guard of the American indies and can't accept that they fell off a cliff nearly a decade ago.

BASED

Seems like a good deal. NJPW gets to keep working with Kenny and Jericho without having to use the rest of the AEW roster.

He’s praised ROH heavily in the past, dumbfuck. Not to mention he’s reiterating the general consensus from almost everyone that watched it. Go renew your Honor Club sub, when you really should be charging Big Money Meltzer rent.

Absolutely based Dave. Fuck RoH New Japan should call up Kenny and get that AEW deal.

They don’t need a T-shirt company though

Jesus Christ ROH really blew it.