I've been following New Japan ever since Yea Forums got me into it. After watching today's MSG G1Supercard...

I've been following New Japan ever since Yea Forums got me into it. After watching today's MSG G1Supercard, I feel like Ring of Honor is really holding New Japan back. I feel like they can do that much better with the right marketing or partnership team. There was a difference in energy between New Japan matches, and Ring of Honor. While people did cheer for both, it was pretty clear to see why Madison Square Garden sold out. It wasn't for ROH, it was for New Japan.

Things like Jyushin Liger vs. Great Muta, could've been way better if it wasn't for ROH shitters doing ROH shitter things. Buddies and I kind of came to an agreement that the worst part of tonight was both the ladder match, and the "open street fight" invitation. Weapon fights -can- be good, but the way both of those were done tonight kind of sucked.

That's my humble opinion though, but I don't think many ROH Wrestlers stood out to me tonight, besides Rush and the giant Hawaiian guy that fought Will Ospraey. I'm kind of upset about Ospraey losing his Neverweight against him, but that weight different was insane.

Still, let's hope next Saturday's show'll be good.

Attached: 60861695_p0_master1200.jpg (1000x1200, 1.51M)

They'd never be able to run MSG without ROH. They're their to book the venues, lawyers, logistics etc. but we have to deal with the consequences of seeing their shitters on New Japan shows.

Youre right that NJPW completely outshines ROH. But the thing is without ROH, NJPW wouldn’t have had a chance to run MSG. So it was either let ROH dilute the card or don’t run it at all.

NJPW should be on it's own. This better not be Cody though. Roh 2.0 is just as bad.

So it's logistic and booking reasons then? I know Yea Forums actively hates AEW, I have no opinion on them until I see an actual show from them, but they're sounding promising.

Do you think it would be possible for New Japan to be successful in the US as long as that is the case? Because as things stand, I feel like New Japan is getting international attention due to how the internet is nowadays.

Attached: 70038885_p0_master1200.jpg (1200x900, 530K)

>giant Hawaiian guy that fought Will Ospraey.

Guam, not Hawaii. Also Cobb's a fucking beast with anime bullshit strength

Nice blog

i did like the ladder match but i do have a thing for them. but the rest of the ROH stuff was shit. that rumble was embarrassing, every ROH shitter got crickets apart from cheeseburger and beer city bruiser. we couldn't get taichi instead of one of those randoms?

NJPW has a chance to succeed in America but to be honest with you I feel they’ve made a lot of mistakes so far in their attempts to do so. Promoting shows poorly, putting their biggest shows with the most seats in places people don’t see as fly-in destinations (San Francisco and Dallas) and that’s not even mentioning the massive botch that was this years New Beginning USA tour.

They put the G1 Climax in Dallas fucking Texas in the dead of Summer. Who the hell goes to Dallas in July vs, say Las Vegas or LA. Especially for wrestling which is already niche. And they haven’t even told people who’s going to be there.

finally a NJPW mark admitting how shit in USA they have been. Thank you. Stay in Japan NJPW

Not the user you are answering to.
I am NJPW mark. And I will tell you that all the while shows they run in US were fun and good, they just don't know how to market them, where to run them and shit like that.
They just have no idea.

They didn't have to pay for the building rental, literally every dollar they make from a ticket is profit. Though I agree, fucking Texas??

And if you take a look at their PR attempts.
Royal Quest in Uk, which is later in the year has already been pushed better than G1 night one in Dallas.
It is fuckign opnening night of fucking G1.
How the fuck do you fuck that up?
People do not even know what G1 is, because they have been abusing that name for 3 years now already. Morons.

Apparently Harold Meij doesn't have anything do with the US shows and it's the same Japanese business guy is doing it since they started. That's why they only use building owned by axs tv.

Harold on the other hand has booked 3 uk shows that have sold out. the latest one being 7500+ seat arena.Got TV deals in NZ/France and plans of doing a big show in Australia since they have a large number of NJPW world subscribers from Australia

I wonder if they cut the ME short. They had to remove the post match promo. How does it feel like to do that due to some Velvet Sky or Big just(not going to deny both were cringe kino) or the ladder shit earlier?

they had like 30 seconds left till midnight. guessing run time was over. fuck i hate ROH

I think they had to cut the stream off earlier because ROH wanted to be shitters. But no seriously, that ladder match could’ve ended way sooner.

Or cut 10 minutes off of that PCO electricity.
Honestly, I love NJPW they’re my favorite promotion but they’re borderline incompetent at event operations. I have been to several of their US shows including both nights of the first ones so I can go into detail on this but I’ll try to be brief.

Maybe it’s a Japanese thing, but they seem completely reliant on the venue to run their event correctly. And the result is disorganized shows.

The first US show had people from the back rows running right up to the barricade, blocking the view of people who paid for closer seats. The merch line was a complete disaster, we had meet and greet tickets but they at first tried to tell us that they weren’t going to be able to sell any merch like they had advertised. They reneged and we got ours, but anyone who didn’t had to wait pin line throughout the entire show to get anything.

The New Beginning shows had no ushers so people who paid $60-100 were mingled right in with people who paid for standing room only. Never mind the fact that it was an American indie show with Japanese packaging.

The only shows I’ve been to that are run well are the ones at Long Beach State University’s basketball arena. I imagine this is because they know how to run sporting events, keeping the lines moving and everyone informed on where their seats are.

In summation If NJPW doesn’t have someone holding their hand on basic event operations it’s almost guaranteed to be a disorganized mess.

Attached: 666EEC7D-A019-4344-A17E-722DF9F5E04C.jpg (3264x2448, 1.24M)

They are probably used to how smoothly things go in Japan. Also, I believe most of their production is handled by TV Asahi people there. They need to invest in a competent production crew that can travel with them.

Kelly Klein took way too long to start the match
Post match WOH shit took too long
Bully Ray's bs took way too long
Mega Gay's song took too long
The rumble went too long
Dalton's cardboard art class entrance took too long

ROH is a mess

>WOH

At fucking least Mayu can move onto better pastures. Dalton getting IKO’d by Rush was a nice treat. Fuck that dude, he’s obnoxious.

Also, Minoru Suzuki getting cheapened and the cop out during the Royal Rumble was fucking stupid.

It’s literally as if ROH is filled with nothing but jobbers.