*has 4 different champions in 4 months this year in your path*

*has 4 different champions in 4 months this year in your path*

Attached: njpw-logo.jpg (1022x570, 59K)

>Has 16 champions since 2010

All that implies is that NJPW is currently filled with high caliber athletes, all of whom can win the belt on any given night.

Which keeps you guessing and the buildup exciting.

Well to be fair Omega leaving rocked the boat hard

>back to back champions with 0 defenses
>Tanahashi finished forever
>Jay White ruined
Gedo is a geni...

Don't worry. Only one champion for next four years.

Thank fucking god

The WWF title changed hands 11 times and was vacated once in 1999 and everyone loved it and won't shut up about that year to this day.

>>Jay White ruined
he's still 2-1 vs okada. and is only one of 5 man to say he's held that belt. Stop overacting he was young and got to cocky

good, the way it should be. I look forward to okada making naito and cringeblade his personal bitchboys for the foreseeable future

>Tanahashi finished forever
Good. Now take him out back and put him down (as a young lion tag partner for show openers from now own)
>Jay White ruined
I fucking wish, but they'll probably try to keep him around as a top guy and he'll get another crack at the belt sooner rather than later

NJPW shifting the belt is as bad as that Sasha / Charlotte era of WWE. Way to devalue your belts, morons.

That's a good thing. Okada is the best wrestler in the world who always delivers the best matches, draws all the dimes, looks and wrestles like a real heavyweight, and is over as fuck everywhere. I hope he holds it for the next 5 years.

you are fucked if your first reign has 0 defenses

>Had Okada perfectly scouted multiple times, the story leading into the match being Okada specifically underestimated him at every single step
>Still loses because "gotta put over the ace, nihon ichiban" instead of making Okada work for it more, leading to a better story and even bigger profits at WK or Dominion
I know Okada was meant to be winning here anyway, but they should've just kept the belt on Tana instead of devaluing Jay.

>you are fucked if your first reign has 0 defenses

Attached: AFE533F1-DC47-46EB-9421-4FD13485FF5F.jpg (330x380, 84K)

Vader, Tenzan and Riki Choshu had zero defenses in their first reigns and all of them got multiple more later. Chono had zero defenses in his one and only reign and he's a beloved legend of the industry, that really doesn't mean much.

I get that Omega leaving put them in a bind but seriously, if they'd just asked him to stick around for another couple weeks, don't you think he would've put over Jay himself?

i agree but gedo books 2 years ahead and saw a chance to elevate Jay like a motherfucker and he took it

Did you not notice the part where he kicked out of the Rainmaker? They don't do that shit on accident. There's only four people EVER who have done that and guess what, they're all guys who do shit like main event shows a lot.

He already put over Jay when he lost the IWGP US Title to him cleanly and then gave him a show of respect and told Hangman Page and Cody to fuck off when they tried to steal Jay's moment, that was the spark that lit the fuse of the whole Bullet Club civil war bullshit.

I mean Jay lost due to the first rainmaker. It took alot out of him he was unable to make the cover from the blade runner. If jay had hooked the leg okada would of lost

the winner of WK main event is the fact of that show and it's big deal. YOU DON'T give that to someone whos going to fuck off. They make a big deal about that go home promo

Because he got over in the mainstream. Not because of NJPW’s “genius” booking.

Based

hot potato!

Jay will be fine. The protected his finish by not having him attempt to pin Okada after hitting it. He kicked out of a Rainmaker, which isn't something just anyone is ever allowed to do. Okada hit four of them before Jay stayed down. And he is still 2-1 against Okada.
It was a short run but it did what it needed to make White a much more credible threat in the future.

tinpot league