Which American wrestler is the closest to being on the level of Kazuchika Okada?

Which American wrestler is the closest to being on the level of Kazuchika Okada?

Attached: Okada-v-Omega-wk11-rainmaker-640x370.jpg (640x370, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x54ybdi
youtube.com/watch?v=0Bg6AU8B8nQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

none of them to be honest

Me

Nick Gage and Dash

kenny is the only one in the world close to his level

motivated Randy Orton

I dunno, Lance Archer?

Velveteen Dream

>no characer
>just flippyshit and all his moves and matches look unrealistic
>doesn't look like a wrestler

I don't get it. What am I supposed to be seeing here? It's just a chink that does flips. They're dime a dozen even in small indie promotions.

Him

Enzo or Dash

I knew John Cena posted here!

Okada's moveset is traditional. He's as unflippy as you can get.

Gargano

Kenny is Canadian.

Randy could be at that level but didn't get the chance. He is just set into lazy conformance now though.

have him call in 5 years, okada and hogan are his heros and i love the guy despite hating gays and niggers

nice try

>does flips
gr8 b8 m8

probably this but we've never seen it

Styles

Why even type out a post about a guy who you never once watched wrestle?

Styles last best match was with Suzuki in 2014
here is the match, it was based:
dailymotion.com/video/x54ybdi

Attached: 750E0DC6-CC12-49E1-A7DD-AF35DED86B39.jpg (640x240, 61K)

Lemme see:
>overrated
>decent size
>is a mark for himself
HHH

Okada is a poor man's Alex Wright

that's not saying alot, name 5 people who are a better "american okada". it's not that johnny is good it's just that kazu is on another level.

>never gave a single example
all i asked bitch, name 1 american

Rasta man

IMO the only American who is close to Okada in his ability to produce dramatic matches is Daniel Bryan.

sadly this is true, but i think a lot of new guys will understand the game coming up
it's annoying that no one is even close

its fake fighting lol

Gargano and Dream is way better than what Okada was at that age.

Sadly both are going to be fucked up once they go to the main roster.

Baron Corbin

I tried thinking of an American, modern, still working wrestler on Okadas level and I literally couldn’t except for Daniel with a gigantic power gap then some of NXT’s and WWE’s top guys. I really fucking wish we got one American Dragon VS. The Rainmaker match

I want this to happen, but at least we have Dbry in WWE keeping shit real.

I know that hating on Gargano is the cool thing to do now. But he's the best american wrestler atm.

It's fucked up how there is a handful that are kinda close, and that everyone else isn't remotely close.

Attached: okada.png (894x894, 1.11M)

Bryan is HEAVILY limited by the WWE style. He would be the goat in Japan or AEW.

Gargano fucking sucks. That atrocity last night should have made it blindingly obvious that hes a shitter that is going to have ZERO star presence once he has to work in front of regular joes.

I don't see how Gargano is any better than any of his big match NXT opponents. I like those matches but I don't see that much value in him.

He's not even in the top 25% of the company he works for.

Bryan is the only one that really comes close. Styles might've been there a while ago but he's lost something the last couple years. The fact that Bryan can do the things he does in his matches and with his character while being limited by the WWE style is insane.

Maybe Samoa Joe? But he's pretty busted up by this point.

He's really not better than Bryan.

This.

In each of his matches with Almas, Black and Ciampa, I thought his opponent did most of the heavy lifting. Gargano just inserts 'smooth' chain-wrestling into the first 10 minutes, and then his signature spots here and there (oh look at the time, better do a slingshot spear now. Oh, I'd better do a lawn dart now. Oh, I'd better hit Taking It To The Streets now) and his opponents do most of the actual storytelling, selling and psychology.

Kenny Omega

He could leave when he's older, but gimmicking Vince into giving him his current run was probably the right choice. He styled on everyone in the last 10 years.

The Okada-Gargano comparison comes from Garg's match psychology prowess. He's fuckin adept at it, it's just unfortunate that he is a tiny weirdo. His actual Ring IQ reminds me of Bret and Austin. Just good at matches.

Buddy Murphy

Seth Rollins

Australian.

He is not even on my top 5

>The Okada-Gargano comparison comes from Garg's match psychology prowess. He's fuckin adept at it, it's just unfortunate that he is a tiny weirdo. His actual Ring IQ reminds me of Bret and Austin. Just good at matches.
You know absolutely fucking nothing about pro wrestling. Holy fucking cringe.

>The Okada-Gargano comparison comes from Garg's match psychology prowess

Gargano has to stop and look at his hands like its a made for TV movie or spit out dialog straight from HHHs diary to get across the story of the match.His actual wrestling psychology is very basic and he doesnt use the medium to its full advantage. He has to bastardize it and insert other nonsense to make it work.
Also pretty much all of Garganos "greats" have been hardcore matches or at least matches with a shitload of table spots or run ins. Okada in the approximate same timeframe as Garganos rise has had 3 Tanahashi matches that were all radically different in story development and all wrestled as a straight match.

Bryan is the closest thing to him in America.

Canadian

Alexa Bliss

i'm a simp but please enlighten me

how does okada do the same 10-15 moves almost every match and still make it one of the best matches of the night?

Bryan, Styles, Ciampa, Cole, Cesaro (though not American). If we are going by pure potential of talent, I’d say they could all reach Okada heights.

10 years ago maybe, no, dead, no, physically maybe but 0 charisma.

Buddy Murphy, if we’re just counting WWE guys in general, also has that potential.

Which one? I think physically and technically they all could be at that level if given the chance.

I'm not saying Gargy is on Kazu-san's level, I'm just saying he's the best in Murka.
I don't think Gargo is on Kazu's level you simps.

If Based Big Dog gets a massive record breaking reign, then him

Attached: bbdwtos.jpg (333x425, 49K)

in order

The best wrestlers only need a few moves to have a great match. Its about the build and pacing and how you get to your moves.

Attached: 1531777767169.jpg (2048x1536, 263K)

Go watch Okada/Ishii from the NJC this year. They do like 5 different moves and its still the MOTY so far. He just understands how to pace a match and leave the crowd wanting more until the end stretch. I mean he actually got the MSG crowd nuts 5 hours into a show that ROH fucking RUINED with bullshit. Hes the GOAT.

Opinion on Murphy?

Timing. He mixes them in and does enough misdirects and counter spots to make you not sure when this spot or another one is coming. It's a huge part of why he's so great and why his matches with Omega are next level. Both of those guys think their matches at a level higher than anyone else with their level of athleticism.

Tonight's match was mediocre as fuck

I quite literally caught myself thinking "damn i cant wait for bryans match tomorrow"

Buddy is the closest that isn't an old fuck, Okada is also young and is only going to get better himself. The other guys comparable had years of experience and are past their prime. I think he's the closest to Okada bullets to bandaids on the roster.

probably the closest, we'll see tomorrow. if he can get a preshow crowd into it he'll be a candidate

guess i gotta pay attention more to what he does in between the moves he does, how he sells and carries himself

i know for a fact his gimmick is GOAT but i gotta pay more attention to the little details

Seth Fucking Rollins

Imagine if Orton wasn't a lazy faggot and actually gave a fuck. Okada is literally a peak Legend Killer Orton, but at its maximum potential.

As for Americans, only Bryan, and he'd probably have to leave WWE to wrestle at his best.

I don't think Gargano is anywhere near him and I actually like the guy. Gargano suffers from doing obvious "sports entertainment" spots and being unable to properly sell.

Okada mixes them up and knows the timing of it. We all know a dropkick spot is happening, but we never know when, because sometimes Okada will just bust that shit out in the beginning, while still managing to keep us entertained throughout.

The biggest travesty Meltzer did was convince people that Omega was anywhere near Okada's level. Okada has been the best wrestler in the world for the past 3 years.

Omega is the closest anyone has come, including Tanahashi.
He isn't there but just not being at that level has fucked things.

Ultimate Warrior skill level with Ultimate Warrior potential.

okada

Attached: 02d.jpg (486x412, 32K)

he was so full of roids he was lucky to live as long as he did

It's fucked up that no one is even close.

Not American

Ironic case of less means more.
Why do a hundred moves if 95% of them don't mean shit in the end. It's better storytelling.

hes the biggest body in japan, that's why he gets put over. people love big men who are athletic, which he is.

I agree with your points on Gargano, his selling fucking sucks.
>let me just lay on the floor with my eyes wide open and breath really heavily for 30 seconds

I have nothing bad to say about Gargano other than his hair looks dumb and he has shitty theme music

It's unfortunate that you understand what makes Okada so good but don't see how Omega is just as good at it.

unironically

Attached: big mike.jpg (750x750, 91K)

Canadian lol

Oh fuck, that's right. Still, he doesn't get his due. His match with Okada in the NJ Cup was one of the best of the tournament.

Omega is so cartoonish. The stupid faces he makes in the beginning of his matches are the fucking worst. It's only at the end of his matches, when he's to tired to keep doing his bullshit, that everything comes together for him.

He is not just as good. He's a great wrestler in his own right, but he's simply not Okada level.

Elgin is good, really good even, but I can’t reasonably say he’s close to Okada. For example Okada would never botch the finish to a match as badly as Elgin botched the finish vs Tana at G1 28.

Demon Finn Balor and Brock

I don't recall this, let me go look it up

Legendkiller Orton is literally the closest US Wrestler to The Rainmaker.

He gets preshow crowds into it every ppv

that kinda sucked, but it wasn't that bad, and I hate to be that guy, but it looked more like Tana's fault. he didn't get the full rotation.

10/10 technique
10/10 posing
10/10 timing
Kaz is a better promo than he was but Randy had a bit more smug in him

Orton if he actually gave a fuck could rival Okada.

Enzo

Thank you! Kenny always acts like the goofy nerd he actually is at the beginning of his matches. It looks stupid and makes everything else look as fake as it actually is. Its only after wrestling for 20 minutes does any of his selling start to look believable. But once you get there he is great.

Lesnar...would stomp a mud hole.

Angle, he’s got a fucking gold medal

I love that one of these few moves is a jumping 180 tombstone

Ding, ding, ding
Cleanest, smoothest, most beautiful signatures/finishers in the biz. The true American Okada.

Elgin please stop posting here and sign with AJPW already.

okada's overrated, but if you're asking if there are any american wrestlers who come close to ibushi, tanahashi or omega, the only one is bryan. styles was up there about 2 years ago but he's fallen off hard.

>complains Okada is overrated
>wants to compare to JapCena
Dude come on, Omega and Ibushi are the literal only two worth a shit, besides Naito. Ace is 42 now and hasn’t had a good match in 6 years. He’s Cena tier.

The only people close to his level are other Japs and a Canadian

Bryan >>> Omega

The part about the Japanese is true

Legend Killer Randy had GOAT segments though, even if his actual promos weren't that captivating, he was so good in pulling off segments

youtube.com/watch?v=0Bg6AU8B8nQ

Maybe when he was young, but he's too old now, even if he had all the motivation in the world.

>>complains Okada is overrated
>>wants to compare to JapCena
>Ace is 42 now and hasn’t had a good match in 6 years.

He may be old and busted in 2019 but he could go until the end of the G1 Final. The V12 match with Okada was kino, too.

no idea brother he's one of the most boring wrestlers I've ever seen

based nerd destroyer Dash

Attached: Bronson (1).jpg (680x381, 44K)

Brock if he worked every week
when brock gives a fuck it's the best shit

Never seen Okada do a "flip" a single time

Daniel bryan only daniel bryan is better.

he can. he whips then out in CMLL but not NJPW. But he's never seen an okada match

the wrestle kingdom main event too.

Strap says hes ready

I've seen plenty just never finished them. better than nyquil.

You are mentally retarded.
Gargano and Okada are the same age. When Okada was Dream's age he was winning the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. Dream is great for his age but you picked one of the only wrestlers where that comparison doesn't work.

lol

The Royal Rumble 15 match was fucking insane. Brock can be amazing.

Gargano is better

the closest American to Okada is probably an English teacher in China I once saw wrestle on a card with Zack Gibson and Riho

nuclear convoy, is that you?

Based

its the way when and why his doing it user

Roman Reigns not even joking

What's so special about him? If his opponent doesn't sell the short clothesline well, it's looks like shit.

cringe

His elbow drop is better than rainmakaaaaa

Ruthless aggression era Brock. Just a total beast who was unstoppable, people just pick the most generic indie answer like Bryan or Gargano when neither of those schmucks are even close to rainmaker

AJ but Okada has already surpassed him

>Tanahashi
>Cena tier
fuck you.

>Diamond dozen.

Name a wrester with a better dropkick,you can't

Attached: 1LYH9Wh8UryBKZBJOP90zzzohNEE3Qd41EoHiv3x2VY.webm (480x270, 713K)

only one close is suzuki

None. Aj and Suzuki in their primes maybe but neither do it quite they same as they used to.

Invisible trampoline

Attached: 8owXqrJ.jpg (500x333, 71K)

How can one man be so perfect? Maybe it is the weed and alcohol doing it, but I started to tear up at how beautiful that was. Okada is truly the Ace of the Japan and not just the NJPW champ, but the champ of wrestling as a whole.

based

Being able to point to other dudes who at one point in time where there is one thing, what we are trying to figure out is who right now can hang. Because outside of maybe Kenny I don't think there is anyone any of us can name.